IRS Get My Payment up and running

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
asset_chaos

Re: IRS Get My Payment up and running

Post by asset_chaos »

anon_investor wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:18 am
asset_chaos wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:12 pm
sawdust60 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:09 am
asset_chaos wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:59 pm Still says records don't match for me. I tried to create an account to view my tax account, hoping that that might clue me in to what IRS record is wrong. Instead the IRS tax account creation webpage told me, "A condtion has been identified preventing your acess to IRS online services." I believe the IRS is subtly telling me they're sending me a check, no matter what.
My records didn't match. Several times. Waited 24+ hours to try again. In the interim, I created an ID to pull a transcript. This confirmed that my 2019 return was not yet processed. I also looked at my account balance, which showed my payments for 2019. It showed enough of my address to see that it was from an outdated address change -- not the current address, nor the address on either my 2018 return/transcript, or 2019 return, or my 2019 1040-ES Payment Voucher 4.

And even with SS being a direct deposit, I was prompted to provide bank info. Then I received a message that bank info was accepted -- and a prompt to exit. I will check tomorrow for a payment date.
Thanks. I tried to create the account to pull a transcript too, but there I just get the cryptic "A condtion has been identified preventing your acess to IRS online services." I've tried old addresses, but I'm still stymied on all fronts. It's a good thing I don't have an urgent need for stimulus.
Do you have a credit freeze on? I think I had unfreeze my Experian credit freeze in order to create an IRS account earlier this year, but this was before all this COVID19 mayhem.
Good idea, but I've never frozen credit.
Regards, | | Guy
William4u

Post by William4u »

ImUrHuckleberry wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:07 am Like a lot of others on here, I finally got through and successfully entered my banking info last Friday, April 24.

Has anybody who entered banking info last Friday been able to get an update on when the deposit is scheduled? I know people who entered their info prior to either the 23rd or 22nd are scheduled to receive their deposits today, but I'm wondering when the next batch of electronic deposits will be scheduled for - or if we know that yet.
I also finally got my banking info accepted Friday, April 24. My status is still the same as it was last Friday: "You are eligible for the payment. Once we have your payment date, we will update this page."
SDLinguist

Post by SDLinguist »

William4u wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:14 pm
ImUrHuckleberry wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:07 am Like a lot of others on here, I finally got through and successfully entered my banking info last Friday, April 24.

Has anybody who entered banking info last Friday been able to get an update on when the deposit is scheduled? I know people who entered their info prior to either the 23rd or 22nd are scheduled to receive their deposits today, but I'm wondering when the next batch of electronic deposits will be scheduled for - or if we know that yet.
I also finally got my banking info accepted Friday, April 24. My status is still the same as it was last Friday: "You are eligible for the payment. Once we have your payment date, we will update this page."
The first batch of payments went out the 15th of April. The website went online on the 17th. It seems people who were able to update info early are now scheduled for a second round of payments on the 30th of April. Recognizing 2 as a pattern, I would assume the 24th was too late to get in on the second round so I would assume being in a third round, and I would assume the 15th of next month.
LK2012

Post by LK2012 »

I succeeded today in getting the bank information accepted after reading that using 2018 numbers had worked for some people.

Once the option to submit my information appeared (I first saw it April 25 after checking periodically), I tried to submit it but nothing changed. I just kept getting the same message to submit even though I had. I waited a few days but nothing changed and I wasn't sure how to proceed.

Today I saw that some people had success using 2018 instead so I tried that, and it worked. I filed a paper return for 2019 and since they apparently are not processing paper returns for some time (they cashed my check immediately though), it makes sense that 2018 numbers would work. I just hadn't thought to try that.

So thank you, once again, to all those who make this site so useful!
Michael Patrick

Post by Michael Patrick »

Woke up this morning to discover I'm a couple thousand bucks richer... :sharebeer
M.Lee

Post by M.Lee »

Did any of you scheduled for 4/30. which is today, not have it deposited yet?
teen persuasion

Post by teen persuasion »

DS2 (the only one of my family who owed and thus didn't get the first round of DD) just got his DD this morning.

He'd updated his info early, but gave up on seeing a deposit when he didn't see a firm date online for a while.
Spirit Rider

Post by Spirit Rider »

SDLinguist wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:05 pm The first batch of payments went out the 15th of April.
This is not correct. Several Bogleheads reported they received stimulus payments direct deposited on 4/9.

The day after the CARES Act was signed into law by the President. I read you needed tax refund direct deposit information on a 2018 or 2019 tax return to receive direct deposit of the stimulus payment. My stepdaughter has never met the tax return filing threshold.

On a hunch, I had her use Free File Fillable Forms to e-file a 2019 tax return. I had her enter $1 in interest income and tax refund direct deposit information even though no refund was due.

She received a direct deposit of her stimulus payment on 4/10.
M.Lee

Post by M.Lee »

IRS still says 4/30 for me, but it's not in my bank.
Topic Author
rkhusky

Post by rkhusky »

My check showed up this morning, with a deposit date of 4/29. I entered bank info on 4/15 and the IRS site said it would be deposited on 4/30.
22twain

Post by 22twain »

22twain wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:14 pm So I got out the checkbook and entered the routing and account numbers from a check. Unfortunately, when I saw the confirmation screen, I realized that I had omitted the last digit of the account number! :oops: It's a "1", so my brain must interpreted it as a vertical-bar divider or something. This obviously didn't happen when I entered the same numbers into TurboTax way back when.
I was pleasantly surprised just now to see $2400 from the IRS pending in that checking account. 8-) Either the IRS looked up the information from our tax return after all, or someone at our bank filled in the missing digit by looking up names on account numbers that could have matched.
Epitaph: Here lies the noble word "princiPAL", smothered by its like-sounding impostor "princiPLE". May it rest in piece!
acljump

Post by acljump »

I checked bank this morning and see the stimulus payment as a pending deposit. My family as well in their respective bank accounts.

Looks like the "Get My Payment" tool actually worked.
oldcomputerguy

Post by oldcomputerguy »

Ours hit our bank account today. I was (finally!) able to get into the system two days ago and confirm deposit dates for both DW and myself. I suspect (but can't confirm) that the problem with my accessing the site was caused by multiple issues, including
  • Trying to use physical address rather than PO Box (IRS transcript revealed that they had our address as our PO box)
  • 2019 return only just got processed (they were supposed to fall back to the 2018 return if 2019 wasn't available, but I'm not sure they did)
  • on the successful attempt, I entered everything uppercase based on a tip seen here (thanks, whoever that was)
RubyTuesday

Post by RubyTuesday »

My experience follows...

Filed 2019 taxes MFJ on Apr 1 and owed, paid from bank acct EFT.

Checked “get my payment” Apr 15 and was eligible for stimulus but they needed my direct deposit info (didn’t use acct that I paid 2019 from)

Provided direct deposit info and “Get my payment” said it would be updated with payment date when available.

Wife checked her “Get my payment” and it had correct DD info that I provided under my SSN.

Checked “Get my payment” on 4/26 ish and it had payment date of 4/30.

Checked bank account this morning and DD received for our combined amount.

Looking forward (not really) to receiving my personal letter on White House letterhead.
“Doing nothing is better than being busy doing nothing.” – Lao Tzu
sawdust60

Post by sawdust60 »

A couple of days after bank information was accepted, I checked for a payment date. One of the info links said that payment date would be available on Saturday, if bank information was accepted by noon on Tuesday. Otherwise, a week from Saturday.
Hyperchicken

Post by Hyperchicken »

Same as many,

Wed 4/15 - Entered DD info, payment date TBD
Sat 4/25 - Payment date set to 4/30
Thu 4/30 - Direct deposit shows up as pending
ImUrHuckleberry

Post by ImUrHuckleberry »

Hyperchicken wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:28 am Same as many,

Wed 4/15 - Entered DD info, payment date TBD
Sat 4/25 - Payment date set to 4/30
Thu 4/30 - Direct deposit shows up as pending
Thanks for the detailed info. Since I entered my DD info on 4/24, I assume the payment date will be set sometime in the next week or so.
Sandwich

Post by Sandwich »

Here's data from my experience.

Filed paper returns for 2018 and 2019. Taxes owed both years. (Return for 2019 was more favorable than 2018 so was hoping that stimulus would be based on 2019 return.)

2019 return filed in early February via USPS Certified mail return receipt. Saw that check for taxes due cleared the bank on February 20.

Entered bank info in the "Get my Payment" system the first day it was available.'

Stimulus amount deposited today was based on 2019 return. :sharebeer
Ice-9

Post by Ice-9 »

Here's how my payment went, in case anyone find this helpful:

April 15 - submitted my bank info on the Get My Payment website. They likely didn't have it because I owed in 2019 (which the IRS stated they wouldn't use for direct deposit purposes) and had a refund direct deposited in 2018 to an account that no longer exists.

April 16-25 - checked the site once daily. Always got the same message that they had my deposit information but had not yet scheduled the date of payment.

Sun April 26 - When I logged into the site, it announced that my payment date was scheduled for Thu Apr 30.

Thu April 30 - The payment was indeed direct deposited into my account.
investor.saver1

Post by investor.saver1 »

For those getting "information does not match" responses from the Get My Payment routine ... this may help.

Did you file and were entitled to a tax year 2019 refund? Did you choose to have the refund amount applied to your 2020 tax return rather than receiving it back? That was my situation. I've tried from day one to enter my AGI, Refund Amount and my bank information and every time have received the "information does not match" response.

So today I decided to enter my 2019 AGI, I checked the "Received a refund" option and entered 0 into the refund amount. IT WORKED!!! The website accepted my bank information.

A small victory in this war against Covid 19.
Investor.Saver1 | | Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
mtmingus

Post by mtmingus »

tennisplyr wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:37 am
montanagirl wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:12 am
2beachcombers wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:53 am
Jas wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:21 am Finally was able to enter bank account information using 0 for tax refund. Apparently, bug was fixed overnight.
0 worked for me too------------------finally :dollar
Did you enter owed 0 or refund 0?

IRS doesn't give more than one or two bites of the apple before locking you out. 😟
I entered: received a refund ; how much 0
It worked to complete my entry
I entered
owed 0
it worked as well. But still

You are eligible for the payment. Once we have your payment date, we will update this page.

We will deposit your payment to the bank account below.

Bank Account Number: ************xxxx

Updates to your payment are made no more than once a day. We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment.
M.Lee

Post by M.Lee »

I'm batting zero. After days of saying my money would be deposited today 4/20, it did not happen. This is what I get now when I go
to IRS.gov.

Please Try Again Later
We are unable to provide you with the status of your payment or perform the action requested because:

The tax return information you entered does not match our records; or
You have already accessed the system the maximum number of times today.

Please come back after 24 hours and try again.
3-20Characters

Post by 3-20Characters »

I read 3 pages and don’t remember seeing this posted up to that point. I could not get the website to accept my bank info because (I suspect) that the AGI or payment/refund amounts I entered didn’t match IRS records. I know I have the right amounts and even logged in to see that my 2019 return is in their system and the amounts match. I even tried using 2018 numbers, just in case. Here’s the gist:

In 2019, I was due a refund but applied it in whole to Q1 estimated taxes, so no check/direct deposit was sent. So I went back to “get my payment” website and this time entered 0 for refund and it worked. Just did it so not sure funds will show up in bank.

Maybe this info helps someone else.
Spirit Rider

Post by Spirit Rider »

3-20Characters wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:32 pm I read 3 pages and don’t remember seeing this posted up to that point...

In 2019, I was due a refund but applied it in whole to Q1 estimated taxes, so no check/direct deposit was sent. So I went back to “get my payment” website and this time entered 0 for refund and it worked.
You stopped reading too soon. Several people reported this a couple pages back.
3-20Characters

Post by 3-20Characters »

Spirit Rider wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 7:05 am
3-20Characters wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:32 pm I read 3 pages and don’t remember seeing this posted up to that point...

In 2019, I was due a refund but applied it in whole to Q1 estimated taxes, so no check/direct deposit was sent. So I went back to “get my payment” website and this time entered 0 for refund and it worked.
You stopped reading too soon. Several people reported this a couple pages back.
Thanks. I figured as much but thought I’d still post. It’s hard to get through some of these mega threads.
Svensk Anga

Post by Svensk Anga »

I got my payment today. I entered banking info a week ago after they apparently uploaded the 2018 tax return data. Get My Payment never provided a notice that it was coming, even this am.
Silk McCue

Post by Silk McCue »

We were able to enter our banking information last Friday April 24th. This morning we finally received a deposit date.

“We scheduled your payment to be deposited on May 06, 2020 to the bank account below”

Cheers
3-20Characters

Post by 3-20Characters »

After all the attempts to get our bank info recorded (and finally succeeding), they’re sending a check. :confused
Payment Status

We scheduled your check to be mailed on May 08, 2020 to the address we have on file for you.

We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment.

If you need additional help or do not receive your payment, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
csm

Post by csm »

Silk McCue wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:52 am We were able to enter our banking information last Friday April 24th. This morning we finally received a deposit date.

“We scheduled your payment to be deposited on May 06, 2020 to the bank account below”

Cheers
Same here - it just updated this morning to a May 6 deposit date.
tennisplyr

Post by tennisplyr »

Got my notice...payment to be direct deposited on May 6! Stay hopeful.
Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out.
gailwinters

Post by gailwinters »

We were able to enter our information on Sat. April 25. We are now scheduled for DD on May 6.
2beachcombers

Post by 2beachcombers »

tennisplyr wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:46 am Got my notice...payment to be direct deposited on May 6! Stay hopeful.
+1 Bank info input last Sat 25th. $$ in phaseout
mtmingus

Post by mtmingus »

gailwinters wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 7:05 am We were able to enter our information on Sat. April 25. We are now scheduled for DD on May 6.
Same here: April 25 -> May 06:

We scheduled your payment to be deposited on May 06, 2020 to the bank account below
xxxxx
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

Silk McCue wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:52 am We were able to enter our banking information last Friday April 24th. This morning we finally received a deposit date.

Cheers
+1
William4u

Post by William4u »

mtmingus wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 7:50 am
gailwinters wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 7:05 am We were able to enter our information on Sat. April 25. We are now scheduled for DD on May 6.
Same here: April 25 -> May 06:

We scheduled your payment to be deposited on May 06, 2020 to the bank account below
xxxxx
Just got it this morning too. Almost the same here, but April 24 -> May 06:

"We scheduled your payment to be deposited on May 06, 2020"
ImUrHuckleberry

Post by ImUrHuckleberry »

Cheers
Exact same for me too. Entered on 24th, payment date 6th of May.
montanagirl

Post by montanagirl »

Same, entered bank info 4/24, DD date may 6.
Svensk Anga

Post by Svensk Anga »

Svensk Anga wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:54 pm I got my payment today. I entered banking info a week ago after they apparently uploaded the 2018 tax return data. Get My Payment never provided a notice that it was coming, even this am.
On a whim, I checked get my payment this morning after getting the deposit yesterday. IRS now says it is scheduled for May 6. My credit union says it is available funds already, but they do have a program now to speed up availability of ACH transfers.
nalor511

Post by nalor511 »

montanagirl wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:58 am Same, entered bank info 4/24, DD date may 6.
Same here, but, I see the pending ACH already (5/2)
Polymorphic

Post by Polymorphic »

My DD arrived today, although Treasury's site listed May 6th as the expected date.
William4u

Post by William4u »

Polymorphic wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:04 pm My DD arrived today, although Treasury's site listed May 6th as the expected date.
+1 Deposit showed up today just after midnight. Nice to not have to worry about it. I was unable to enter my DD info for some time until April 24.
Silk McCue

Post by Silk McCue »

Deposit for the two of us arrived today as shown on the IRS site after finally being able to enter our information on April 24.

Cheers
bgf

Post by bgf »

Cheers
Ditto! Cha ching!
“TE OCCIDERE POSSUNT SED TE EDERE NON POSSUNT NEFAS EST"
tennisplyr

Post by tennisplyr »

bgf wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 6:35 am

Cheers
Ditto! Cha ching!

Payment deposited today as indicated. Hang in there everybody!
Last edited by tennisplyr on Wed May 06, 2020 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out.
spectec

Post by spectec »

Ours arrived as well. I'm fairly sure IRS processed a huge run of payments on May 6. Nothing as large as the original 70-80 million on their first run, but nevertheless closing in on the 171 payments they will ultimately make.

I also know that lots of checks went out in the past week or so as well. I think I read they will eventually be sending 5 million checks per week, having started with the returns reporting the lowest income in 2018 and gradually moving up the income range.
Don't gamble; take all your savings and buy some good stock and hold it till it goes up, then sell it. If it don't go up, don't buy it. - Will Rogers
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

I recevied my DD today (5/6) as indicated on the IRS website. I received exactly what I anticipated based on 2018 AGI and number of dependents.

Some data points:
-Checked IRS website on 5/1 and it indicated DD would be on 5/6.
-DD info entered on IRS website on 5/24, after only receiving no payment status available message since 5/15.
-2019 taxes not yet filed.
-2018 taxes efiled via Turbo Tax, taxes owed paid via direct debit.
-Based on 2018 AGI eligible for a reduced stimulus payment plus dependent amounts.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting. Glad I finally received the stimulus. When the government first announced it, I did not think I would need it, but a lot has changed since then. My employer eliminated merit increases for 2020, then subsequently reduced pay for all employees and I would not be surprised if they announce furloughs and layoffs later this year... My job is still probably safe and at least I still have a job, but I am happy to now have this extra money, and will be adding it to my emergency fund.
montanagirl

Post by montanagirl »

We received our DD today. We are zero filers but after the programming changes I was able to get our bank info in 4/24, got the update last Saturday 5/2, got the deposit today 5/6. :moneybag
LawEgr1

Post by LawEgr1 »

Edit: we received ours thru DD on May 6 as well.

Same story as the last several posts here.
Last edited by LawEgr1 on Wed May 06, 2020 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
csm

Post by csm »

montanagirl wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:01 am We received our DD today. We are zero filers but after the programming changes I was able to get our bank info in 4/24, got the update last Saturday 5/2, got the deposit today 5/6. :moneybag
Same here. In the bank today (yay!) after struggling to update DD information (refund due but credited to 2020 estimated taxes, so zero).
LilyFleur

Post by LilyFleur »

Yay, just checked my bank, and it's there!