StubHub?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
snyder66

StubHub?

Post by snyder66 »

Any pros or cons regarding buying tickets via StubHub? I'm always a bit cautious, but it seems like the only way to get concert tickets. Thanks
camper

Post by camper »

I have purchased Arizona Diamondbacks and Arizona Wildcats basketball and football tickets without any problems.
Van

Post by Van »

I have purchased NFL tickets from StubHub without any problems, but you pay handsomely.
Triple digit golfer

Post by Triple digit golfer »

I've purchased White Sox, Bears, and Packers tickets on there and haven't had a single problem.
djs344

Post by djs344 »

I have purchased tickets for concerts and sporting event tickets from stubhub without any problems. I have also used them to sell tickets without any problems.

They do tack on some fees but its not to bad. However if you wait till the last minute they add even more fees so just be advised.

I have also used the ticketexchange through ticketmaster to purchase tickets for PSU football games. I think they have less fees but I dont know if you can get concert tickets off of there.
jonmmonson

Post by jonmmonson »

I purchased tickets to the Winter Olympics in 2010 from Stubhub. Tickets were on time and as advertised. I was nervous due to the amount but worked out great.
Jake46

Post by Jake46 »

I've used it to buy Colorado Rockies tickets several times. Works for me.
Aptenodytes

Post by Aptenodytes »

Used it for MLB and NFL events numerous times in numerous cities. I have both bought and sold tickets. Very robust and reliable. Note that you don't always pay a premium -- sometimes demand is such that the secondary market is cheaper than the primary.
jeffyscott

Post by jeffyscott »

I buy almost all my baseball tickets second hand now, either from stubhub or craigslist ads. I usually pay less than it would cost to buy from the team and/or get better seats.

Only once did I have a problem where the electronic transfer feature was not working and I had to end up picking them up in person from the seller (or could have relied on "will call". These were from a craigslist ad and it was the team's electronic transfer system for season ticket holders, not stub hub's.
TheEternalVortex

Post by TheEternalVortex »

Craigslist/eBay typically has lower fees.
fundseeker

Post by fundseeker »

We used Stubhub three times this season for SEC football games and it has worked out great. Their website is very user friendly with the way you can see what is available in each section, etc.. They also offer a guarantee. We were not happy at one game because we could not pick up the itckets until two hours before game time, but that may have had to to with us waiting so late to buy them. Otherwise, it has worked out well and we will keep using them.
cheapedy

Post by cheapedy »

I've sold tickets on Stub Hub in the past few months. We sellers have to have a valid credit card on file to prevent fraud and we don't get our check until the customer receives their tickets. Although fraud could be possible with other sellers using stolen cards and counterfeit tickets.
cheapedy

Post by cheapedy »

Oh and by the way, here's a tip for getting good prices on Stub Hub. Around 4 - 5 days before the event, the listing will expire (ex. Sunday concert , listing expires previous Wednesday at noon) sellers drop prices dramatically. This is for paper tickets, e-tickets sell up until a few hours before event.

As the expiration nears, the shipping rates go up and delivery time becomes an issue. Once our listings expire, we have the option of mailing them(at our expense) to a local service center where you pick them up in person.

I've sold way below face value just to get anything from my unused tickets.
Easy Rhino

Post by Easy Rhino »

I've used it once or twice. It works. It's kind of expensive.

for unpopular baseball games, i kind of like buying tickets from a guy on the corner (in jurisdictions where that's okay).
ladders11

Post by ladders11 »

Last edited by ladders11 on Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dingle

Post by Dingle »

Works for me
Paul@

Re: StubHub?

Post by Paul@ »

I've used them twice to purchase tickets for Major League Soccer games, with no problems.
Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug. | - Mary Chapin Carpenter