Have any fellow Union Pacific investors received the shareholder calendar?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
tcb1005

Have any fellow Union Pacific investors received the shareholder calendar?

Post by tcb1005 »

I have always been a train fan so when I found out Union Pacific mails a calendar to all investors who request one I bought a share. I submitted my request back in November but still haven't received the calendar. Are there any UNP shareholders who have gotten their calendar and if so, how long did it take?
“People calculate too much and think too little.” Charlie Munger
MP173

Re: Have any fellow Union Pacific investors received the shareholder calendar?

Post by MP173 »

Not a shareholder of UP, but a big CN shareholder (since Illinois Central in 1995).

Big railfan. CN doesnt send me a calendar, they should with the number of shares owned.

A former co-worker's husband worked for CN and I always got calendars, hats, bags, etc.

All CN gives me is a quarterly dividend.

Ed
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

MP173 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:23 pm Not a shareholder of UP, but a big CN shareholder (since Illinois Central in 1995).

Big railfan. CN doesnt send me a calendar, they should with the number of shares owned.

A former co-worker's husband worked for CN and I always got calendars, hats, bags, etc.

All CN gives me is a quarterly dividend.

Ed
How many calendars can you buy with the dividend? :wink:
chris319

Post by chris319 »

UNP will sell you a calendar for $13 at the company store. That would take a big chunk out of my next dividend payment.

https://www.mypromomall.com/storeitem.h ... &iid=58045
Financial decisions based on emotion often turn out to be bad decisions.
MP173

Post by MP173 »

Lots of calendars with that CN dividend.

For the record, I would prefer the dividend over the calendar. CN runs thru town and I can always go watch a train go by and encourage the crew to keep working.

CN will announce earnings for 4Q today and probably increase the dividend today. They usually announce the dividend increase with the 4Q earnings report.

Ed