New Build Home Privacy Wall Issue, WWYD?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
cannister

New Build Home Privacy Wall Issue, WWYD?

Post by cannister »

Hi all.

New townhome construction question.

Paying $500 for "Privacy wall" add on for our balcony. Set to close next month.

Found today that the builder installed OUR privacy walls onto neighboring balconies.

We inquired and it seems no one was really aware this would be a problem. Haven't been updated of this until we found it. After asking today, was told that a possible reason this was done was because an outdoor light fixture may have been moved off to the side (for unclear reasons), and that the privacy wall would run into the light.

I pulled up the base schematic from when we researched the home and found that the light fixture was initially planned to be more center but moved off to the side during the construction process.

Many thoughts arising from this. Wanted to poll bogleheads for what you would do?

My general thoughts:
1) I don't think paying for OUR walls to be installed onto neighboring properties is an acceptable solution. I'm not even sure if neighbors would be approving for this (or if they've been notified?). Both flanking homes have asymmetric walls as a result. Was told by builders that the other buyers are "super nice". That's great! But that doesn't necessarily preclude future issues in my mind. E.g., what if they sell, someone new moves in, then decides to get rid of "my" wall on their side? It keeps circling back to the classic scenario of two neighbors disputing over a fence and property lines. I can't imagine setting myself up for this from the get go. Similarly, would it be appropriate for single family home builders to build a new white picket fece "5 feet over" a property line onto a neighboring property?

2) I don't know why the light fixture was moved, probably construction limitation or a problem that came up. In an ideal world, I'd love for them to re-center the light put up the walls uninhibited on my balcony as initially intended. Time may be a limitation as they want to adhere to the closing time next month, so I don't know if this is feasible. I'm not sure how much more work would be needed (unstrip the panels? rewire? how many teams needed?).

3) Should I ask for a credit for this headache? Say something like $2000 and leave it as is and say that the walls aren't mine (they now belong to neighbors). My justifying points are that we were never notified of the moving of the outdoor light fixture which led to our walls being moved to neighbors balconies. Secondly the credit would insulate me from future neighbor decisions -- e.g,. if it were theres and they decided to take it down, I wouldn't be liable for any issues and it would be their decision to do so. I also wouldn't have to fight with them to maintain the privacy wall and I would have peace of mind in knowing that at least I didn't pay for it and would live without the wall moving forward.
Normchad

Re: New Build Home Privacy Wall Issue, WWYD?

Post by Normchad »

I wouldn’t pay for something on somebody else’s property. I’d refuse to pay for it. Or agree to pay for it if they put one on your deck.

There is nothing stopping your neighbor from removing that in the future.

All that other stuff about lights, not your problem. It’s their job to figure that stuff out.
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

You should probably get a quick estimate to have your choice of workers get it ALL right.
(You don't want the builder rushing and cutting corners, etc.)
And have that amount (plus a buffer?) put into escrow.

Note that the neighbors seem to have that porch light more in the middle...?
Why not yours.

But why would anyone put a light in a place where it could shed the least possible light on the porch!?

This nonsense happens with builds, unfortunately. Too bad it wasn't noticed sooner, but "you are here now", and that's the situation to deal with.

Good luck.

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
Mike Scott

Post by Mike Scott »

It may be a mistake or oversight but you probably do get more usable deck space this way. Maybe they will refund or credit your $500 anyway. In the grand scheme of homebuilding this is an extremely minor glitch.
Sandtrap
Location: Hawaii No Ka Oi - white sandy beaches, N. Arizona 1 mile high.

Post by Sandtrap »

Notes
1 The privacy screen looks fully integrated and not removable so there is some advantage to not having it on your deck.
2 the light looks fine and if moved will take some doing.
3 can there be a clause in the neighbors ownership CCR etc that the privacy screen cannot be removed or altered?

j🌺
Wiki Bogleheads Wiki: Everything You Need to Know
shunkman

Post by shunkman »

I don't know how to post pics here. But why does your right-side neighbor's deck post appear to be spliced about two feet from the top? And hopefully the builder has a better plan for how the downspout terminates.
Last edited by shunkman on Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
egrets

Post by egrets »

I wouldn't pay for it. Even with a clause in the neighbors' paperwork there's no guarantee some future owner won't remove it. I'd get the light moved too.

Are the lights at the bottom different sizes? I wonder what else is wrong.

If you have a place to stay they can whistle for their closing until this stuff is fixed. Meanwhile I would take a careful look at everything in the new home.
celia

Post by celia »

My main concern would be appropriate balcony lighting that **I** control. Especially when you are older, you want more lighting. At least I do (although I go around the house every day turning off lights that others left on).

I notice that your light is on the right side and the neighbor on the left appears to have some kind of ceiling (light?) that they control. When it is off, will the left side of your balcony get enough light at night? Will you have to bring out your own lamp outdoors to read or talk there? Is there an exterior outlet on the left?

I would also be concerned with future neighbors or a future buyer of your condo. (This keeps the discussion abstract instead of focusing on personalities.) Each unit needs to stand alone since you can’t control what neighbors do or when they are even home.

I like the bigger space, but not if it will be dark. And the privacy walls make it look more up-scale.

Also have them check the A/C unit under your porch light. The A/C doesn’t look level but that could also be the camera angle.
Last edited by celia on Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shunkman

Post by shunkman »

I would also verify that the vent pipes above the garage door are installed to code. They may be fine, but something looks "off" to me.
valleyrock

Post by valleyrock »

It looks like an easy fix. Modular porch fencing. If it was me I'd point out that things were not installed on your porch as you were expecting to have done, and would they please look into correcting the situation. Depending on who's in charge of this and what they're like, they'll see it and get it fixed. If they say no or nothing happens after a reasonable time, I'd follow up with a polite business letting asking them to rectify it. The written word works wonders, but I'd give them a chance to fix it before making the jump to a letter.
walkabout

Post by walkabout »

It seems to me that you asked for and paid for privacy walls. It seems like those are your walls and should be installed on your property. What you got is nothing. Instead, each of your neighbors got a “free” privacy wall. It doesn’t matter if the neighbors are “super nice”. I suppose you could ask for credit, and you might get it (or you might not). You are still left with a situation where your privacy is not under your control.

I can’t speak to the legal points. It could very well be that a “fair” resolution would be for the builder/developer to refund your money. That leaves you financially whole, but it also leaves you without, in a sense, the unit you bargained for. I would be tempted to push for my own privacy walls, as your contract stipulates. If they don’t go for that, ask for however much compensation you feel would be acceptable, with the minimum amount being the cost of the walls.

Finally, the placement of your light is crazy. I would ask for the fixture to be moved near your back door. This might take some rejiggering on the builder’s or electrician’s part, but there is no way the fixture should have been installed where it is. I would guess that building codes require an outdoor light fixture to be installed near the door onto the deck.

Good luck!
StevieG72

Post by StevieG72 »

I would not be happy with the current design. It seems like the privacy sections would provide a bit more privacy if installed on your deck. In a warmer climate the current setup would provide more airflow, a cooler climate may favor the privacy sections on your deck to reduce breeze. I certainly would not pay $500 for builder to install these sections on neighbors property.

The lighting issue is a little goofy as well. It does seem like a centered light would be ideal. It may be easier to have them add an additional light versus move the existing light.

At any rate, I would ask for a resolution on both of these issues and not just let it go.
Fools think their own way is right, but the wise listen to others.
Ktorrence

Post by Ktorrence »

They placed the privacy walls where they wouldn’t have to mess with the light. Two wrongs don’t make a right. I would insist on the light being placed center over the sliding door. Right now you have to lean somewhat over your railing to replace the bulbs. A definite no-no. As far as the privacy walls it’s really simple since they are not even on your balcony. Credit the money back or install YOUR walls on your property.
cchrissyy

Post by cchrissyy »

i don't think it looks bad the way it is, but i agree you need a full refund.
60-20-20 us-intl-bond
Normchad

Post by Normchad »

I bet the neighbors also paid for privacy panels, and that’s what we are seeing. And they know it would be dorky to put up redundant walls.

I imagine what will happen, will be something like this. The builder will say, sorry that’s the way it is. If you don’t feel like going to closing over this, I’ll just sell it to the next guy for a higher price. You’re in the right to be mad, but in a practical sense, you might not be able to do anything about it. Ask for a refund, and if they say no, just move on. At the end of the day, the desired privacy is there.
8foot7

Post by 8foot7 »

I would not pay for materials installed on property I don’t control. Nothing stopping your nice neighbor from immediately removing that screen upon moving in.

I would not close without the money being credited back. Yes, I would derail the whole thing. This is a simple matter.
privateer79

Post by privateer79 »

Normchad wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:24 pm I bet the neighbors also paid for privacy panels, and that’s what we are seeing. And they know it would be dorky to put up redundant walls.

I imagine what will happen, will be something like this. The builder will say, sorry that’s the way it is. If you don’t feel like going to closing over this, I’ll just sell it to the next guy for a higher price. You’re in the right to be mad, but in a practical sense, you might not be able to do anything about it. Ask for a refund, and if they say no, just move on. At the end of the day, the desired privacy is there.
I was thinking the same thing... builder "double sold" some privacy panels ;)
Watty

Post by Watty »

Normchad wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:24 pm I bet the neighbors also paid for privacy panels, and that’s what we are seeing. And they know it would be dorky to put up redundant walls.
That is a good thought. It would be good to talk to the neighbors. You may have both paid for a privacy wall.

With having the privacy wall on their property that effectively makes your patio seem larger so that could be a very good thing to have them on their deck as long as it is never removed.

It is hard to tell but it looks like the privacy wall would be hard to remove and then they would need to then put in a handrail, the vertical bars (balusters), and a new rail bottom. That could be an expensive project and the HOA may need to approve removing them if there are restrictions about what you can do to the outside of your property. There may be next to no risk that that it will ever be removed.
cchrissyy

Post by cchrissyy »

Watty wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:44 pm With having the privacy wall on their property that effectively makes your patio seem larger so that could be a very good thing to have them on their deck as long as it is never removed.
i agree the current setup has the visual effect of making OP's patio seem larger, and if the walls were attached to their own porch it would have the illusion of being smaller.
60-20-20 us-intl-bond
LittleMaggieMae

Post by LittleMaggieMae »

If the privacy screen is not on your balcony - does that mean in the future any costs for the screens will need to be paid for by the unit owner of the balcony it's attached to??

Can you just get a refund of the $500 you paid?? I'm betting the building is just going to leave them as is (even if they refund your $500)

You get the benefit of the screens without having to maintain or pay for them.

Isn't that a Win/Win??

oooo Maybe see if you can add a pergola (or some other covering) - like your neighbor.... $500 towards that (with your neighbors having the privacy screens - makes YOUR deck more usable.... )

That's what I would do...
Katietsu

Post by Katietsu »

I would be very happy with where the privacy walls ended up. You get a less claustrophobic balcony with near the same effect as would result from your intended design. I would tell the builder that you want the cost knocked off the price since you do not have privacy walls on your balcony.

In our neighborhood, the most common solution for privacy is something like the pergola with shades attached. The shades are typically kept rolled up when the deck is not in use.

The light placement is odd. Did you upgrade a standard size door to a sliding door? Even if the door/window arrangement make it difficult to put the light right next to the door, it looks like it would be more useful and central next to the other window. Alternatively, would they be okay with a different style light over the door?
Last edited by Katietsu on Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
celia

Post by celia »

After everyone moves in and elects an HOA board, maybe some complaint will say the lights are not up to code since your patio is not lit up evenly and the turn on switch is not next to the balcony doorway. (Where is the switch located?). They might force you to “fix” the light at your expense since it is different than everyone else’s.

However, you will be the only owner who can hang Christmas lights on your balcony easily (unless the HOA denies it).
:beer

You will certainly be out-voted.
:oops:
softwaregeek

Post by softwaregeek »

Would make them fix the light. For sure, it’s gonna be dark out there.
Invest4lt

Post by Invest4lt »

Oh no, no, no. What happens in a couple of years, after the builder moves on, and your neighbors decide to take down the privacy wall? This looks like a problem in the future. You paid for the extra privacy, it should be on your "property" and under your control.
"People sometimes fail to live because they are always preparing to live." - Alan Watts
HomeStretch

Post by HomeStretch »

I personally would not pay $500 for the walls on neighbors’ balconies. Your neighbors could remove the walls, start hanging beach towels over them that you would be staring at, etc.

Having the walls on your balcony also gives you the option to add additional screening on the top half (lattice, curtains, living plant wall, etc.) should you desire even more privacy.
NYCaviator

Post by NYCaviator »

I would be pretty mad and demand it be fixed.

It looks like the builder cut a lot of corners in general, and that's just what you can see. I'd be really worried about corners they cut in areas you can't see.

The light on your deck is useless where it is right now. It isn't going to light up your entire deck, and it's going to be difficult to change. No reason to put it there other than the builder being lazy or cheap.

The vertical support beam on your neighbors deck (to the right) looks like they put two pieces of wood together. The garage light on the neighbor to the left is not level with yours. Small details, but that would drive me crazy on a new build.

I would also question whether than dryer? vent underneath the deck is supposed to be that close to the bottom of the deck. The gutter downspout seems like it should have an extension so the water is draining further away from the structure and your garage. As it is now, looks like it will just pool up around those rocks by the foundation.

It may be worth having a general contractor you trust do a walk through, inside and out. I have a colleague who bought a new build condo. Everyone found out two years later the builder cut corners, but the builder filed bankruptcy when they were sued, and the owners were left with massive HOA assessments for almost a decade to pay to get all of it fixed. The lesson is to do your own due diligence. Don't trust the builder who just wants to turn a quick profit.
RedDog

Post by RedDog »

I wouldn’t be happy at with this.

But…before negotiating…recommend considering if you’re prepared to walk away from the deal over this. If your market is typical, the unit could easily be sold to another buyer.
Topic Author
cannister

Post by cannister »

Thank you all for the input and confirming our suspicions. Consensus seems to be in agreement that our walls on property of others doesn't make sense. We will not accept the setup and get a credit/refund or just have them take the walls down. While some indicate that yes it does give more "space" and aesthetically may look nice, I'm not paying for it to be on other property and would rather decrease risk for headache many moons from now.

We will advocate for the light to be moved. I remain concerned that it will take a lot of elbow grease and time as some have pointed out, and the builder will come up with an excuse about not wanting to do it or say there's a structural/design layout issue. I agree with comments on here about changing lightbulbs in the future over the railing doesn't seem the safest, and that offset lighting may not light up the balcony well.

1 other unit in our same contiguous building has a light on the side that is not centered. I wonder if they have noticed as well.
Think they similarly placed their kitchen in the center, which displaces the external windows on the balcony, and perhaps this is why they put the light to the side.

We did drive through other rows and found that they had centered lights in every single unit, no matter the window arrangement.

Appreciate any future posts from those who haven't commented to archive for posterity.
shunkman wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:38 pm I don't know how to post pics here. But why does your right-side neighbor's deck post appear to be spliced about two feet from the top? And hopefully the builder has a better plan for how the downspout terminates.
Are you talking about this "spliced" part? I've lived at communities by this builder before and think I've seen similar type of work. Do you have structural integrity concerns? Thanks for pickup, we will also ask about the spout.

privateer79 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:34 pm

I was thinking the same thing... builder "double sold" some privacy panels ;)
I don't think I'm powerless in this, I can ask them to take down the walls. It's not stipulated in the contract to have may property on neighbors balconies.
I don't think it's "double sold", neighbor has asymmetric walls. If they had bought walls too then they should have coverage on both sides. I think It's just bad planning. I'm also not sure how the neighbor would feel about having only 1 wall on our side. A bit odd.

Katietsu wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:21 pm The light placement is odd. Did you upgrade a standard size door to a sliding door? Even if the door/window arrangement make it difficult to put the light right next to the door, it looks like it would be more useful and central next to the other window. Alternatively, would they be okay with a different style light over the door?
No upgrade to door. We did rearrange the kitchen layout at no cost which probably led to this. There is a unit a few units down that did the same and has the light in a similar position. In a separate row, there are others who have done kitchens like us and still have the light in the center.

This is a great idea about asking for an additional or different style light by the door.
margaritaville

Post by margaritaville »

How is the market where you're buying the townhouse? If it's anything like ours, I imagine you will have very little leverage and may end up with a "take it or leave it" situation.

We went under contract on a new home in May 2020 in a desirable neighborhood about 8 months after putting down a deposit. About a month from closing, we noticed one corner of our bedroom wasn't symmetrical. It was easy to tell since there was a window near the corner and you could see the distance from the corner to the window trim varied by around 2 inches from the top of the window to the bottom. We pointed it out and asked that they fix it. Due to the way the walls tied into the tray ceiling and the fact that it was already mudded/finished, they claimed it would create problems elsewhere if they started moving drywall around. We asked for consideration ($1500) and they flatly refused. I threatened to delay closing/walk and the owner of the company politely told me that I was welcome to do that since they have over 200 people on their waiting list that they could quickly sell to (likely at a higher price since they'd raised prices several times during our build). He told me I wouldn't even see it after a week or two (after all the ruckus we raised, I hate to admit he was right).

I relate my story just to temper your expectations. Maybe your market is different, but I'd be prepared to get over it if you don't have the leverage to get them to correct this.
Last edited by margaritaville on Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
8foot7

Post by 8foot7 »

margaritaville wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:41 am I threatened to delay closing/walk and the owner of the company politely told me that I was welcome to do that since they have over 200 people on their waiting list that they could quickly sell to (likely at a higher price since they'd raised prices several times during our build).
I would just say it's a lot easier for the builder to say this than to actually do it -- refund earnest money, tear up the contract, find a new buyer who wouldn't demand it be fixed, etc. That's not to say he wouldn't -- only that a bluff costs nothing, and in the case of the OP, it would be easier and cheaper just to refund the $500 than it would be to incur the costs of unhooking from OP's purchase agreement and re-entering into another which would probably delay closing as well. Obviously in your case moving drywall around is a lot more work than simply making a credit entry on a closing document...

Although OP given some of the shortcuts taken evident just from your photos here, being able to walk away from the contract might in fact NOT be the worst thing in the world...who knows what other corners were cut?
margaritaville

Post by margaritaville »

8foot7 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:49 am I would just say it's a lot easier for the builder to say this than to actually do it -- refund earnest money, tear up the contract, find a new buyer who wouldn't demand it be fixed, etc. That's not to say he wouldn't -- only that a bluff costs nothing, and in the case of the OP, it would be easier and cheaper just to refund the $500 than it would be to incur the costs of unhooking from OP's purchase agreement and re-entering into another which would probably delay closing as well. Obviously in your case moving drywall around is a lot more work than simply making a credit entry on a closing document...
I also gave away much of my leverage during the build process. They let me come in after framing and run Cat 5 throughout the house for network connections and security cameras. We also supplied all of the lighting, locksets/handles for every door, and the hot water recirculation system. Unwinding all of that would have been a mess if we walked. We got exactly what we wanted, but I'm not sure I'd do it again unless I had a lot of faith in the builder.
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

cannister wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:11 am
shunkman wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:38 pm I don't know how to post pics here. But why does your right-side neighbor's deck post appear to be spliced about two feet from the top? And hopefully the builder has a better plan for how the downspout terminates.
Are you talking about this "spliced" part? I've lived at communities by this builder before and think I've seen similar type of work. Do you have structural integrity concerns? Thanks for pickup, we will also ask about the spout.
I'm not skunkman, but I agree with the skunk. Both of these issues scream corner cutting. In my climate, the shade would prevent decent ground-cover where the downspout terminates. This would cause erosion. There are other ways to terminate this.

I do not like that splice on the post. That would fail inspection in my municipality. The cross-bracing would also be inadequate in my municipality. Then again, we had a rash of deck collapses about 15 to 20 years ago and most municipalities around here upped their standards significantly.

Even if it passes code, a splice right there is terrible building practice. The cross-brace is basically useless with that splice.

Sorry, but I'm shaking my head at what I'm seeing here. You need to put this builder's feet to the fire.
egrets

Post by egrets »

NYCaviator wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:50 am I would be pretty mad and demand it be fixed.

It looks like the builder cut a lot of corners in general, and that's just what you can see. I'd be really worried about corners they cut in areas you can't see.

The light on your deck is useless where it is right now. It isn't going to light up your entire deck, and it's going to be difficult to change. No reason to put it there other than the builder being lazy or cheap.

The vertical support beam on your neighbors deck (to the right) looks like they put two pieces of wood together. The garage light on the neighbor to the left is not level with yours. Small details, but that would drive me crazy on a new build.

I would also question whether than dryer? vent underneath the deck is supposed to be that close to the bottom of the deck. The gutter downspout seems like it should have an extension so the water is draining further away from the structure and your garage. As it is now, looks like it will just pool up around those rocks by the foundation.

It may be worth having a general contractor you trust do a walk through, inside and out. I have a colleague who bought a new build condo. Everyone found out two years later the builder cut corners, but the builder filed bankruptcy when they were sued, and the owners were left with massive HOA assessments for almost a decade to pay to get all of it fixed. The lesson is to do your own due diligence. Don't trust the builder who just wants to turn a quick profit.
This is a longer and more accurate version of what I was trying to say. So many things are wrong and shoddy that I would consider walking away out of concern about the whole build.
Outer Marker

Post by Outer Marker »

I think you got a bonus. You get the benefit of the privacy screening, but the panels and the space they take up are on your neighbor's deck. You have more open space and more space for your deck light. If they're not complaining or asking you to remove your wall from their property, I'd leave it alone.
hudson

Post by hudson »

Are those the right sized beams to span 24 feet?
I guess that the posts are 6x6?
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

hudson wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:02 am Are those the right sized beams to span 24 feet?
Looks like 6x6 and the beam is either engineered or laminated. Probably OK, but bare minimum.

The strength of a 6x6 is defeated if it is spliced without significant bonding or plating. Ditto on the cross bracing which prevents racking events in a dynamic load, however there is a cross brace diagonal to the joists, which is good and probably allowed in that code. Additionally, the bottom post support wouldn't pass muster where I live for a 6x6 of that height. More plating is required for either thru-bolts or nailing but perhaps is OK there. In my area, uplift is a concern (wind load) so things tend to be overbuilt.

In summary, everything is done to an absolute minimum.
hudson

Post by hudson »

Many thanks Tubes!
NYCaviator

Post by NYCaviator »

Tubes wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:20 pm
hudson wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:02 am Are those the right sized beams to span 24 feet?
In summary, everything is done to an absolute minimum.
This, exactly. There are a lot of really, obvious concerning things in these photos. What corners did the builders cut on the inside or with the mechanical/electrical/plumbing that you can't see?
Trism

Post by Trism »

cannister wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:11 am Thank you all for the input and confirming our suspicions. Consensus seems to be in agreement that our walls on property of others doesn't make sense. We will not accept the setup and get a credit/refund or just have them take the walls down. While some indicate that yes it does give more "space" and aesthetically may look nice, I'm not paying for it to be on other property and would rather decrease risk for headache many moons from now.

We will advocate for the light to be moved.
A couple of counterpoints (saw the thread after you'd already reached your conclusions):

1) If your townhouse is legally a condominium, the exterior likely isn't "your property." In that case, the legal description would describe what you own as (something like) the exclusive use and enjoyment of the airspace within the walls of your unit (including the attached garage) and specific patio/outdoor areas, and you would own an undivided fractional interest in the land on which the development sits. The structure and what's attached to the outside would be owned by the condo association, so after closing the decision to remove any privacy wall would neither be yours nor your neighbors, regardless where it's installed.

2) In both of my new construction experiences, the contract stated that locations of details like light fixtures, switches, electrical outlets (among other things) shown in drawings, diagrams, etc., were approximate and subject to change due to the nature of the construction process.

You did not buy a custom home, which is reflected in the agreement as well as the purchase price.
Topic Author
cannister

Post by cannister »

Just as a brief update we ended up having both the light and the privacy wall moved to our preferred specifications by the close date.

We locked in a good rate and have been in the new place for a little over 6 months. We are happy.

Thanks again to all those who chimed in.
HomeStretch

Post by HomeStretch »

Thanks for the update. Congratulations on your new home!