Signature Kitchen Suite (SKS)- update: thermador vs GE Monogram

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
rage_phish

Signature Kitchen Suite (SKS)- update: thermador vs GE Monogram

Post by rage_phish »

We’re doing a full kitchen renovation

The sales rep recommended this brand. Anyone have thoughts or experiences on it?

Thanks!
Last edited by rage_phish on Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
mkc

Re: Signature Kitchen Suite (SKS)

Post by mkc »

rage_phish wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:56 pm We’re doing a full kitchen renovation

The sales rep recommended this brand. Anyone have thoughts or experiences on it?
Brand of? Cabinets? Appliances?

Have never heard of it.

If appliances, if you like to cook it's always best to buy the top brand for the category (oven, cooktop, dishwasher, refrigerator), NOT a suite of appliances. None do all well.

If a salesperson recommends a entire brand, likely they get quite the kickback for selling it, particularly an unknown brand.

What company does this sales rep work for?

ETA - did a Google search. It's LG. Many issues with getting service for LG appliances. Likely even moreso for an unknown sub-brand of LG.

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/52325 ... appliances

"But SKS PAYS big spiffs to builders and designers to specify their product. It’s the only reason that a crappy tarted up LG got any traction at all. They can’t even build reliable basic grade appliances, much less create a reliable luxury brand."
Last edited by mkc on Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Topic Author
rage_phish

Post by rage_phish »

Sorry yes, it’s appliances

Rep works for a local appliance store that Sells an insanely high number of brands
Bogle7

Post by Bogle7 »

LG
Repairs/service will be an issue.
Other brands in the same price range have better, more established reputations.
I would look at: Miele, Thermador, Wolf, Sub-Zero, Dacor.
Old fart who does three index stock funds, baby.
mkc

Post by mkc »

Bogle7 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:04 pm LG
The Dacor name was bought by Samsung a few years ago, so it's basically Samsung's equivalent of SKS. The Dacor of old is long gone. Avoid like the plague.
BUBear29

Post by BUBear29 »

We just redid our kitchen and went with all GE Profile appliances. We have had good experience so far. A few hiccups from delivery but GE service was out literally the next day to repair. All runs well now.

For more upscale I would go with Wolf or Sub Zero
There is no dignity quite so impressive, and no one independence quite so important, as living within your means.
Topic Author
rage_phish

Post by rage_phish »

We are considering many brands

We liked kitchen aide and Bosch but they seem to be having ver long lead times

Also looking at thermador

Brands like Viking, sun zero, Miele all seem a tad out of our budget

Graying to get a cooktop, wall overnight with speed corn, fridge, dishwasher and u fee counter dishwasher for $12-15k out the door
BUBear29

Post by BUBear29 »

rage_phish wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:22 pm We are considering many brands

We liked kitchen aide and Bosch but they seem to be having ver long lead times

Also looking at thermador

Brands like Viking, sun zero, Miele all seem a tad out of our budget

Graying to get a cooktop, wall overnight with speed corn, fridge, dishwasher and u fee counter dishwasher for $12-15k out the door
not sure where you are located. we have always used nebraska furniture mart for appliances. we got refigerator, cooktop, telescoping vent, double wall oven and dishwasher (all GE Profile as mentioned) for $12k.

should mention, in our first house a few years ago, we redid kitchen and had all KitchenAide appliances and were pleased as well.
There is no dignity quite so impressive, and no one independence quite so important, as living within your means.
Topic Author
rage_phish

Post by rage_phish »

SF Bay Area here
andypanda

Post by andypanda »

"We liked kitchen aide"

Whirlpool has owned KitchenAid since 1986. We have 5-year-old dishwasher and range that have been fine. The matching over-the-stove microwave has been nothing but trouble - circuit board caused the bottom light to permanently fail, two failed safety switches and such. When the door switches failed again a couple of months ago I bought a nice cheap stainless Samsung at Home Depot for $279. My wife likes it better. Better light placement over the range, easier opening/closing door, just better everything. If it fails and I have to buy the same one again I'm still ahead dollar-wise.

To replace the KitchenAid with the exact same model would have been $750. Not including delivery.
Calc_is_Easier

Post by Calc_is_Easier »

andypanda wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:48 am The matching over-the-stove microwave has been nothing but trouble - circuit board caused the bottom light to permanently fail, two failed safety switches and such. When the door switches failed again a couple of months ago...
This is taking things a bit off OPs original topic, but my Whirlpool had the same door interlock issue. I have replaced the switches myself twice now ($50 for all 3 at RepairClinic.com), not a hard job with their handy videos, but annoying as heck. Next time, I buy a new microwave and fill the landfill. :(
Bogle7

25% of all kitchen renos start with...

Post by Bogle7 »

andypanda wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:48 am The matching over-the-stove microwave has been nothing but trouble...
When our microwave broke, we renovated 1/2 of the 6-year-old kitchen for $52K.
The microwave was replaced with a Miele speed oven. https://www.mieleusa.com/e/24-inch-conv ... -9862880-p
andypanda

Post by andypanda »

I dismantled the door switches, but we were tired of the stick-on LEDs over the range. It needed another control board and the door switches. Out with the old piece of junk. I wasted enough time on it and I'm running short on years. :)

We're doing 2 composite decks, 1 French door landing with 5 steps and metal railings, and 2 complete full baths tear-outs. Our turn will finally come in March/April after 7 months on one waiting list and 2+ on the other.

But I saved money on the microwave replacement.

The kitchen was done 4 or 5 years ago. My wife and her late husband had the house built in '95, so it's time for some re-dos.
Bogle7

Post by Bogle7 »

andypanda wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:47 pm and 2 complete full baths tear-outs.
Curbless shower
Wall hung toilet + washlet
Schluter Ditra (orange is good)
Towel warmer (Runtal is a good German brand)
Mirror with adjustable LED lighting (color temperature and lumens)
ddbtoth

Post by ddbtoth »

If you are looking into high end stuff, check out Blue Star. We’ve been very pleased with our oven and stove.
andypanda

Post by andypanda »

Nice bath options, but not what she wanted. :sharebeer We each have a towel rack over a floor vent - hot in the winter and cold in the summer.

We did some research and she liked the Toto Nexus one piece with the skirted bowl for $850 each at Ferguson. We walked through Ferguson and she picked out some simple $600 faucets and some multi-function hand showers, etc.
We looked at granite and marble, but the supply chain is slow and the inventory was well picked over, so we went with what she liked which turned out to be quartz on the 4' and 5' vanities(kitchen height cabinets) and porcelain tile on the floors.
The old Jacuzzi tub is coming out and a large shower is going in, while the old small shower will be another linen closet. There's already a walk-in closet in the main bathroom and a linen closet in the hall bath, but you know how that goes.
The hall gets a nice tub with sliding glass doors from some designer outfit her friend used. :) It is very well made. Just plain solid. Have to have a tub for the 2 little grandsons with 1 more on the way.

The doggy day care washes our dog from time to time (he started there a day or two a week when she was working and he's the social director.) I don't see why the preschool doesn't wash the grandsons for what they charge.
Topic Author
rage_phish

Post by rage_phish »

Now comparing thermador and age monogram… (free standing fridge, 36” cooktop, wall oven with speed over on top, dishwasher.
Promos make it make sense to buy package deals for these two it seems (except monogram would be with a Bosch dishwasher)

Thoughts?
BUBear29

Post by BUBear29 »

rage_phish wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:13 pm Now comparing thermador and age monogram… (free standing fridge, 36” cooktop, wall oven with speed over on top, dishwasher.
Promos make it make sense to buy package deals for these two it seems (except monogram would be with a Bosch dishwasher)

Thoughts?
Based on my experiences with GE kitchen appliances. I would say GE. It is also likely to be cheaper than Thermador. I’ve heard the Bosch dishwashers are good. Wee’ve been pretty pleased with our new GE dishwasher with 3rd level utensil rack.
Topic Author
rage_phish

Post by rage_phish »

We’re leaning GE
It’s actually about 1
1,500 more

For th ge monogram fridge, 36” cooktop, wall oven and speed oven, 36” counter depth fridge, Bosch 800 dishwasher, and then a blower & vent insert. For $16,500
mkc

Post by mkc »

rage_phish wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:18 am We’re leaning GE
It’s actually about 1
1,500 more

For th ge monogram fridge, 36” cooktop, wall oven and speed oven, 36” counter depth fridge, Bosch 800 dishwasher, and then a blower & vent insert. For $16,500
Absolutely, positively, avoid Monogram built-in refrigerators. Bad dispensers, bad inverters and bad main control boards.

Check reliability numbers on the equivalent GE Profile/Cafe model if free-standing. We have a Cafe model standard-depth. 2 issues with it. The water filter is a bugger to change and it's very easy to damage the filter holder or the pricey filters. You can't open the doors wide enough to get the bins out to clean them without a "trick" not shown in the manual. You have to lift the doors up as if you're going to take them off to open them past the stops. Use 2 people, preferably 1 strong enough to lift and steady the door for this. Noting that the Monogram door angle is 124 degrees and our Cafe is 130 degrees, I'd say test the fridge at the showroom to see if you can pull the bins out completely.

Monogram is just a trim line in GE these days.

Thermador is made by Bosch. It's their next higher end (Gaggenau is the highest in the family).
Topic Author
rage_phish

Post by rage_phish »

We aren’t going with built in fridge. Just too expensive
Paladin23

Re: Signature Kitchen Suite (SKS)- update: thermador vs GE Monogram

Post by Paladin23 »

We completely gutted and replaced the kitchen this past year, and looked at many of these same brands. For our needs, the Thermador package incentives made it the overall best deal once we factored in the range hood and dishwasher. Note that the Thermador dishwasher is essentially a Bosch, though some of the features are different. You can also buy up to a more deluxe model and get the credit for the "free" one they throw into the package.
BUBear29

Post by BUBear29 »

rage_phish wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:57 am We aren’t going with built in fridge. Just too expensive
we did the same. perviously had a subzero and loved it but cant justify the cost when you can get several nice freestanding fridges for same price as 1 built in
snackdog

Post by snackdog »

rage_phish wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:22 pm ...

We love our speed corn!
BH Consumer FAQ: | Car? Used Toyota, Lexus or Miata. | House? 20% down and 3x salary. | Vacation house? No. | Umbrella? $1 million. | Goods? Costco.
bob60014

Post by bob60014 »

Thermador is a subsidiary of Bosch, fwiw.
Topic Author
rage_phish

Post by rage_phish »

Paladin23 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:26 am We completely gutted and replaced the kitchen this past year, and looked at many of these same brands. For our needs, the Thermador package incentives made it the overall best deal once we factored in the range hood and dishwasher. Note that the Thermador dishwasher is essentially a Bosch, though some of the features are different. You can also buy up to a more deluxe model and get the credit for the "free" one they throw into the package.
Yeah the BOGO they offer is nice. We’re considering paying the extra $500 to upgrade the dishwasher

How do you find the noise to be on yours?
Topic Author
rage_phish

Post by rage_phish »

I do all the cooking and shopping/ fridge organizing.

My wife for sure prefers the look of the monogram products, though she likes the look of thermador as well
nanciT

Post by nanciT »

I had never heard of SKS prior to buying our most recent LG Refrigerator. We had issues with it and thankfully were able to return it.

I noticed the SKS refrigerator in the showroom and asked about it. We ended up buying it as a floor model at an excellent price. Although it is made by LG, SKS has their own concierge service. There was a tiny mark on one of the shelves and I called SKS, no issues in replacing. They were the BEST to deal with and we love the fridge. It is a much higher quality. The rest of our kitchen is Bosch and would not recommend. We will be replacing the rest in a year or so and plan to look at SKS again.

Both LG and Bosch were VERY difficult to deal with as far as service.
Topic Author
rage_phish

Post by rage_phish »

Number one thing I have learned while shopping kitchen appliances: someone has had a nightmare scenario with every single brand
Bogle7

Love Sub-Zero

Post by Bogle7 »

BUBear29 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:21 pm perviously had a subzero and loved it ...
Had one for 24 years and loved it.
Moved into a new build spec house 11 years ago.
Donated the crappy Whirlpool to Habitat for Humanity after 6 years and put in a Sub-Zero. Ithink they are worth it.
Really like our Sub-Zero wine fridge.
I always look at money spent on a kitchen as spread over 20+ years.
NYCaviator

Post by NYCaviator »

Do you want to get everything matching? If you are doing a full renovation, including cabinets, look into getting hidden appliances, and you can mix/match brands.

If you go that route, you can't go wrong with Sub Z fridge/freezer and a Bosch dishwasher, all hidden behind cabinet panels. It looks much cleaner that way.
michaelingp

Post by michaelingp »

I have a Thermador cook top. It's "only" 30 years old but there are virtually no parts available for it. You might think 30 years is enough to supply parts, but the unit works fine and it would be a major kitchen remodel to replace it. I would stick with the Whirlpool family of appliances. Not only are there OEM parts for very old machines, but there seems to be a thriving business in compatible parts as well, in my experience high quality at very low cost (although I usually go for the OEM parts anyway). Obviously if you don't keep appliances that old, or you move a lot, this wouldn't apply to you.
andypanda

Post by andypanda »

"Monogram is just a trim line in GE these days."

I believe they are still made in the US.
I know GE sold their Appliance business to Haier in 2016.

"It has been majority owned by Chinese multinational home appliances company Haier since 2016."
mkc

Post by mkc »

andypanda wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:29 pm "Monogram is just a trim line in GE these days."

I believe they are still made in the US.
I know GE sold their Appliance business to Haier in 2016.

"It has been majority owned by Chinese multinational home appliances company Haier since 2016."
Until around 2015, GE's Monogram appliances had their own customer service number and priority service with a subset of service techs. Then the number just routed you to the generic GE Appliances service number and technicians. Monogram also used to have a longer warranty than other GE products.

We had a 1998 Monogram built-in fridge that was fantastic. It was built by a commercial refrigeration company in Wisconsin (I believe), not GE. Thinking it would be the same fridge when we built our next house in 2006, we spec'd the same fridge. That one was built by GE. It was nowhere near as well built a fridge - and had cooling failures every 12-18 months for 12 years (until we sold the house). It was also not as well laid out. If you spend time on Houzz, you'll see the inverter/main control board failures are a common complaint.

We also had a 2006 Monogram rangetop. It was actually built by DCS (before Fisher-Paykel bought that name) Loved it. Our 2006 ovens, which were new for that year, were the best ovens I've had (1998 house had Dacor, current house has the previous generation Thermador Professional). When we looked at ovens for this house, I was certain I would go with Monogram again, until I saw how they had decontented the ovens. The racks in particular were much thinner gauge, and didn't have as nice an extension system. Plus unlike the 2006 model, which had 3 full extension racks for each oven, the newer ones have a couple that are not extension, and the ovens have less rack positions as well.

If you look at GE's offerings now, you can see in many cases the only differences are "ID" - industrial design. The guts, specs, etc. are all the same. Just the handles, doors, etc. are different. Profile/Cafe/Monogram have many identical-under-the-covers models.
Topic Author
rage_phish

Post by rage_phish »

You guys are not making this easy:(

Ok. I want to spend $15k out the door and I want the following:

Free standing counter depth fridge (French door)
Gas cooktop 36”
Wall oven with speed oven
Dishwasher
Vent (no hood. We plan to build a wood enclosure)
Undercounted wine fridge

Any help?
chazas

Post by chazas »

ddbtoth wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:20 pm
If you are looking into high end stuff, check out Blue Star. We’ve been very pleased with our oven and stove.
Oh lord no. I had always wanted a BlueStar range. When I got divorced and moved into a nice spec house the only real change I made was to switch out the JennAir package induction cooktop to a BlueStar gas cooktop. Took 2 years of warranty service, including a full replacement that itself required warranty repairs (including a redesign of a crucial partI to finally get it level and working correctly most of the time. It’s great for cooking but I would never do it again.

Everything “matching” is not going to get you the best of things, but it’s hard to do the research to pick everything individually and even worse now that supply chain means lots of things are just not available. If I were going matching I’d go with a Whirlpool brand - probably KitchenAid, which is basically the same as JennAir but with the ability to sell below a fixed price. Not everything is going to be perfect but you’re going to easily find replacement parts and service people when something goes wrong (and YouTube repair videos if you’re handy).
Topic Author
rage_phish

Post by rage_phish »

We initially wanted kitchen aide…but sales reps have told us they are one of the longest back order brands right now due tongue state of the world
mkc

Post by mkc »

chazas wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:53 am
ddbtoth wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:20 pm
Oh lord no. I had always wanted a BlueStar range. When I got divorced and moved into a nice spec house the only real change I made was to switch out the JennAir package induction cooktop to a BlueStar gas cooktop. Took 2 years of warranty service, including a full replacement that itself required warranty repairs (including a redesign of a crucial partI to finally get it level and working correctly most of the time. It’s great for cooking but I would never do it again.
Ditto on avoiding BlueStar's gas appliances. There are a couple of long-time Houzz participants who have unresolved safety issues with their ranges and are frustrated with customer support.
mkc

Post by mkc »

rage_phish wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:45 pm You guys are not making this easy:(

Ok. I want to spend $15k out the door and I want the following:

Free standing counter depth fridge (French door)
Gas cooktop 36”
Wall oven with speed oven
Dishwasher
Vent (no hood. We plan to build a wood enclosure)
Undercounted wine fridge

Any help?
I so feel your pain - we went through this 4-5 years ago. The worst to figure out were fridge and oven.

Your best gas cooktop option is Thermador or Monogram.

Wall oven and speed oven - Monogram or Thermador (or Miele, but they're "kinda pricey"). Decouple the 2 and don't get a combined unit if it shares controls. The speed oven/microwave will likely have a shorter life than the radiant/convection oven and you don't want to be stuck having to replace both or finding out nothing fits the combo trim kit. If you're considering a steam combi instead of a microwave, Miele leads here, but Thermador is an option. I don't believe the steam combi models do microwave, though.

Dishwasher - Bosch 800 or Benchmark series or Thermador Topaz if you're doing the Thermador special that gets you a "free" dishwasher. Compare the racking in the 800 vs the Benchmark first. The third rack for silverware is worth it. If Thermador, it's worth the upgrade to Topaz over the base Emerald model. Or Miele.

Vent - see note on going remote (or at least inline) vs. in-hood blower from a noise perspective. Note any need for explicit makeup air (MUA) for high CFM units. Strongly consider Vent-a-Hood. Of the three brands we've had, it's been the lowest noise, most effective option by far and ventilation is all they do. I would not go with a GE unit - that was the most ineffective one we've had.

Undercounter wine fridge - we had a Monogram. It worked great until it didn't, but it lasted 12 years before it failed. Of the ones we've looked at, at that price point - capacity plus pull-out shelf quality - I'd probably bite the bullet and do it again, but ask yourself - do you really need a $2200 wine fridge? Are you really storing wines that long?

Fridge - I would do Kitchenaid/Whirlpool slightly first, because they have better reliability numbers than GE, followed by Monogram or Cafe but do note my comments about the filter and the door. You just need to be aware. Our Cafe seems to work pretty well after 3 years now, knock on wood. Fridges seem to be the biggest crapshoot these days - none are really designed to last. That's why we opted to design a recess big enough for a standard depth fridge while giving us the counter depth profile. Easy to replace and a 36" standard depth holds nearly as much as a 48" built-in.
Outer Marker

Post by Outer Marker »

rage_phish wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:18 am We’re leaning GE
It’s actually about 1
1,500 more

I second the recommendation to avoid GE/Monogram. I had a full suite of it, and had constant maintenance and reliabilty problems. I spent more money maintaining my Monogram fridge annually out of warranty than my car. Really.

If you can afford it, go with Wolf/Subzero. Very high quality and durable. The Subzero fridge is amazing. I would not have thought possible, but with the vacuum seal food really does seem to last twice as long. If you buy 3 major appliances, you get a nice $1,000 factory rebate. Shop around as you would for a new car. The price from AJ Madison was $7,000 less for 3 appliances than a local competitor, and, coupled with the rebate, wasn't that much more than my contractor-supplied price for the GE monogram.
michaelingp

Post by michaelingp »

Outer Marker wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:04 pm
I second the recommendation to avoid GE/Monogram. I had a full suite of it, and had constant maintenance and reliabilty problems. I spent more money maintaining my Monogram fridge annually out of warranty than my car. Really.
Haven't read the entire thread, but my daughter had a GE/Monogram fridge. It wasn't very old, but the freezer iced up and leaked all the time. I called a very respected repairman and he said he would not even look at it. He said, "It's a design flaw, buy a different brand." Of course, newer models might not have that problem.
Paladin23

Post by Paladin23 »

rage_phish wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:05 pm
Paladin23 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:26 am We completely gutted and replaced the kitchen this past year, and looked at many of these same brands. For our needs, the Thermador package incentives made it the overall best deal once we factored in the range hood and dishwasher. Note that the Thermador dishwasher is essentially a Bosch, though some of the features are different. You can also buy up to a more deluxe model and get the credit for the "free" one they throw into the package.
Yeah the BOGO they offer is nice. We’re considering paying the extra $500 to upgrade the dishwasher

How do you find the noise to be on yours?
The biggest issue with the Bosch/Thermador is that is so quiet it is too easy to open it while it is running since you can’t tell it is on. We made sure to upgrade to the one that shows with a beam of light to the floor that it is on. We like it.
Bogle7

Go for better quality.

Post by Bogle7 »

mkc wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:46 pm...Wall oven and speed oven -... (or Miele, but they're "kinda pricey").
We have 2 Miele ovens. Regular convection and a speed oven. Love them. Zero problem for 4+ years.

Dishwasher - ... Or Miele.
Love ours. Slightly better than Bosch.

Vent -
We have Zephyr. Beautiful, modern look and it quietly sucks well.

Undercounter wine fridge - ...do you really need a $2200 wine fridge?
No. You need a Sub-Zero which costs more. After 4 years, we are very pleased with it.

Fridge - I would do Kitchenaid/Whirlpool slightly first...Fridges seem to be the biggest crapshoot these days - none are really designed to last.
Our Whirlpool was crap. Needed a repair 1 day (yes, 1 day) after the extended warranty expired.
Sub-Zero fridges are designed to last. Look at their warranty. we have 28 years of great experiences with our 2 Sub-Zero fridges.
Last edited by Bogle7 on Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Topic Author
rage_phish

Post by rage_phish »

Thank you all for the well thought out responses. I appreciate it

I just don’t see us being able to make Miele, sub zero wolf work financially

Right now we’re looking at a $2,800 less for the thermador package over the monogram….
Topic Author
rage_phish

Re: Go for better quality.

Post by rage_phish »

Bogle7 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:49 pm
mkc wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:46 pm...Wall oven and speed oven -... (or Miele, but they're "kinda pricey").
We have 2 Miele ovens. Regular convection and a speed oven. Love them. Zero problem for 4+ years.

Dishwasher - ... Or Miele.
Love ours. Slightly better than Bosch.

Vent -
We have Zephyr. Beautiful, modern look and it quietly sucks well.

Undercounter wine fridge - ...do you really need a $2200 wine fridge?
No. You need a Sub-Zero which costs more.

Fridge - I would do Kitchenaid/Whirlpool slightly first...Fridges seem to be the biggest crapshoot these days - none are really designed to last.
Our Whirlpool was crap. Needed a repair 1 day (yes, 1 day) after the extended warranty expired.
Sub-Zero fridges are designed to last. Look at their warranty.

If we do the monogram package we’ll die zephyr intake

If we do thermador, we’ll get thermador as it’s free
Flashes1

Post by Flashes1 »

Love our Sub Zero fridge and Wolf oven......but I would consider a Blue Star if we built a house tomorrow.....just to look at something unique that you don't see in other houses.

But the Sub Z's sure are attention grabbing.
Outer Marker

Post by Outer Marker »

rage_phish wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:51 pm Thank you all for the well thought out responses. I appreciate it

I just don’t see us being able to make Miele, sub zero wolf work financially

Right now we’re looking at a $2,800 less for the thermador package over the monogram….
Don't go bust overfunding appliances. If you can get Thermador for $2,800 less than Monogram, I'd go with that based on mixed experience with Bosch and very bad experience with GE. If you can afford it, Wolf/Subzero is clearly superior and will have residual value on the back end when and if you sell. You'll also waste less food along the way.
OldBallCoach

Post by OldBallCoach »

We have had SubZero for years and they are decent.Cant really beat anything Wolf makes IMHO..my question is which brands can you actually get right now? We finished our guest house just before we moved and those appliances were forever coming in...
mkc

Post by mkc »

OldBallCoach wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:17 pm We have had SubZero for years and they are decent.Cant really beat anything Wolf makes IMHO..
Did Wolf finally resolve the failing blue enamel in the ovens? As of 2018 they had not.
Bogle7

Wolf and Miele

Post by Bogle7 »

mkc wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:33 pmDid Wolf finally resolve the failing blue enamel in the ovens? As of 2018 they had not.
Our 90cm Wolf gas cooktop is very powerful and precise.

Miele makes great ovens. We love our 60cm ovens. Just the right size.