T-Mobile Home Internet - Came with Iphone, why?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
squirm

T-Mobile Home Internet - Came with Iphone, why?

Post by squirm »

Because of this place and some of the positive reviews of the T-Mobile Home Internet and our crappy and expensive DSL, I decided to tryout the T-Mobile Home Internet. After opening up the UPS box, on top was an unopened iPhone 13GMax. Why was that in the box? I haven't set anything up yet. I haven't unboxed the iPhone and I'm not going to. I never ordered it. I will call T-Mobile and see what they say....but before I do, is there some sneaky fine print that I didn't notice? From the reviews here, I'm suppose to only be paying $50 a month for the service which came with the cell gateway, nothing more. So what's the iPhone thing all about? Ideas?
mhalley

Re: T-Mobile Home Internet - Came with Iphone, why?

Post by mhalley »

I took a quick look at the T-Mobile home internet website, and I see nothing about getting a deal on or coming with an iPhone. Are you sure you didn’t order phone service or the phone by mistake? If not, looks like a mistake on their end.
There is a deal to get a free phone on the cell phone page.
NEW AND EXISTING CUSTOMERS
iPhone 13 ON US.
On the network with more 5G bars in more places.
With 30 monthly bill credits when you trade in an eligible device on Magenta® MAX. Plus, get a year of Apple TV+ on us.
Have you tried logging into your T-Mobile account to check orders, plans, etc?
Topic Author
squirm

Post by squirm »

mhalley wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:57 pm I took a quick look at the T-Mobile home internet website, and I see nothing about getting a deal on or coming with an iPhone. Are you sure you didn’t order phone service or the phone by mistake? If not, looks like a mistake on their end.
There is a deal to get a free phone on the cell phone page.
NEW AND EXISTING CUSTOMERS
iPhone 13 ON US.
On the network with more 5G bars in more places.
With 30 monthly bill credits when you trade in an eligible device on Magenta® MAX. Plus, get a year of Apple TV+ on us.
Have you tried logging into your T-Mobile account to check orders, plans, etc?
Thanks for looking, but I'm positive I didn't order one by mistake. In fact, I even tried to setup a T-Mobile login account and I can't. Going through the Home Internet division is rather odd. All they give you is an account number and you can't login with that.

I'll call them up tomorrow and find out what's going on.

Thanks,
spammagnet

Post by spammagnet »

squirm wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:28 pmThanks for looking, but I'm positive I didn't order one by mistake. In fact, I even tried to setup a T-Mobile login account and I can't. Going through the Home Internet division is rather odd. All they give you is an account number and you can't login with that. ...
Yes, you can. I didn't have a T-Mobile account, ordered the gateway, was issued an account number with the device and used it to create an online account. It works but, if you're having trouble, by all means call to get it resolved. While you're on the phone, ask if there's an order for an iPhone on the account.