Do I need to unfreeze credit to upgrade Phone with Verizon?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Lou Sevens

Do I need to unfreeze credit to upgrade Phone with Verizon?

Post by Lou Sevens »

Hello, I am looking to upgrade my phone - could you please let me know if I would need to unfreeze my credit ? This is for my current line- not adding new service. thanks.
cyclist

Re: Do I need to unfreeze credit to upgrade Phone with Verizon?

Post by cyclist »

We upgraded ours without unfreezing our credit.

Cyclist
8foot7

Post by 8foot7 »

No, once you’re in, you’re in.
Steelersfan

Post by Steelersfan »

Lou Sevens wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:20 pm Hello, I am looking to upgrade my phone - could you please let me know if I would need to unfreeze my credit ? This is for my current line- not adding new service. thanks.
Nope. I upgraded last summer with frozen credit.
lthenderson

Post by lthenderson »

I've never had to unfreeze my credit to upgrade phones.

I find it much easier dealing with frozen credit by just going about life as normal. If and when someone needs to access your credit, they will tell you that you are denied, which bureau they attempted to access, and give you a number to refute their claim. I simply unfreeze that particular credit bureau at that time, call that number and refute the claim. They will do the pull and all is good. It prevents having to unfreeze credit for unknown lengths of time and messing with all of the other credit bureaus.
Topic Author
Lou Sevens

Post by Lou Sevens »

thank you everyone for your replies; I appreciate it. I have been using my Iphone XS for 3 1/4 years and it is starting to show the drain with the battery life at 89%; plus I added the Applewatch as well. My second phone I added (I added a second line last year when I was unfrozen) is a 12 pro.