ID.me [Identify verification site]

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
anon_investor

Re: ID.me

Post by anon_investor »

gas_balloon wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:02 am
Duckie wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:23 pm
anon_investor wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:46 pm I have created an ID.me account for IRS and done the video chat to verify. I hope if I have to login to SSA via ID.me they don't make me do ANOTHER video chat...
Once ID.me verified me for the IRS I was able to get into SSA without any more fuss. But YMMV. Try it now when it doesn't matter and see if it works.
Well, I was about to try.. But SSA website tells me to login during business hours only. What the...
Lol, for real?

Sadly I am not surprised...
Yooper

Post by Yooper »

gas_balloon wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:17 pm
Based on what I have seen so far, using scanned photo IDs from flatbed scanner does not work well. Instead, when you go through the screens, instead of uploading a photo from disk, chose to take a photo via camera. It will send you a text message with a link where you take the photo of the front and back of id using your camera phone, then take a selfie video; and you are done. In both the cases where I did not have to go through video-call verification, we used this method. The only person who had to do video-call verification in my household was me, where I used high-quality scanned photos of my ID from a flatbed scanner.

Other things that seem to help:
1) turn off any browser addon that can interfere with the html elements: I turned off uBlock origin, Ghostery, Privacy Badger temporarily. I also had to deactivate Brave Browser's shields.
2) if you use a VPN or DNS that blocks ads or mimics different locations, exit that. Just use your local DNS (or 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8) that don't do much query filtering. Similarly disconnect from your VPN.
3) make sure you're in a well lit area with natural light. If there is excessive glare or light source that's over powering on a single side, it'll likely not detect the face correctly in your photo ID, selfie etc.
Oh boy... Well let's just say I did everything wrong and my ID.me experience was a breeze, less than 15 minutes from the time I started the process until it was done. Scanned my drivers license on a flatbed scanner (LaserJet M1212nf MFP). Initially I wasn't paying attention to the required minimum image size, but once I got the error message I increased it from my default of 300 dpi to 600 dpi and the file size passed muster. I've got Privacy Badger running, use Private Internet Access for my VPN, and was in my basement study with recessed LED lights. I'm not saying you're not on to something, just that for me I was fortunate enough to have a painless enrollment experience.
aristotelian

Post by aristotelian »

I used it to confirm my child tax credit payments. Signed up, scanned the ID, and got the info within about 10 minutes.

I wanted to check estimated tax payments and the site was down over the weekend. They do have my Q1-3 but are missing Q4 which was made end of December.

Transcripts back to 2018 are in there as well.
mikep

Post by mikep »

Can't wait to help my father with dementia with this for his IRS login. Video call? Ugh. His existing login works until "summer 2022", lets hope the IRS processes his back tax returns before then..
Cheez-It Guy

Post by Cheez-It Guy »

I have ID.me set up for the IRS for myself only. Have there been announcements that it will become a requirement for accessing the Social Security website as well? I do see it listed as an option now. This would be more a concern for my parents, and for sure I would need to help them with it. They already have MySSA logins set up approximately 1.5 years ago. I guess what I'm saying is, if it's going to be forced, I'd rather make the jump sooner rather than later, as it will not get easier as they age.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

Cheez-It Guy wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:16 am I have ID.me set up for the IRS for myself only. Have there been announcements that it will become a requirement for accessing the Social Security website as well? I do see it listed as an option now. This would be more a concern for my parents, and for sure I would need to help them with it. They already have MySSA logins set up approximately 1.5 years ago. I guess what I'm saying is, if it's going to be forced, I'd rather make the jump sooner rather than later, as it will not get easier as they age.
For Social Security login.gov as another option to access your online account. I was able to help my father-in-law (not tech savvy) setup Social Security access via login.gov, it was much easier than ID.me.
Cheez-It Guy

Post by Cheez-It Guy »

Thanks. Wish they could all get on the same page. They have existing Social Security logins, but sounds like those may be phased out in the not too distant future.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

Cheez-It Guy wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:41 am Thanks. Wish they could all get on the same page. They have existing Social Security logins, but sounds like those may be phased out in the not too distant future.
What is the over/under that they shift from ID.me within the next 10 years...
fetch5482

Post by fetch5482 »

anon_investor wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:52 am
Cheez-It Guy wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:41 am Thanks. Wish they could all get on the same page. They have existing Social Security logins, but sounds like those may be phased out in the not too distant future.
Predicting what the government will do is even harder than predicting what the stock market will do 🤣
(AGE minus 23%) Bonds | 5% REITs | Balance 80% US (75/25 TSM/SCV) + 20% International (80/20 Developed/Emerging)
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

gas_balloon wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:53 am
anon_investor wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:52 am
Predicting what the government will do is even harder than predicting what the stock market will do 🤣
Maybe one day Treasury Direct will use ID.me... :shock:
fetch5482

Post by fetch5482 »

anon_investor wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:34 am
anon_investor wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:46 pm I have created an ID.me account for IRS and done the video chat to verify. I hope if I have to login to SSA via ID.me they don't make me do ANOTHER video chat...
Once ID.me verified me for the IRS I was able to get into SSA without any more fuss. But YMMV. Try it now when it doesn't matter and see if it works.
Well, I was about to try.. But SSA website tells me to login during business hours only. What the...
Lol, for real?

Sadly, for real. Anyway, I logged into ssa.gov "My Social Security" site earlier today (during business hours!) using id.me, and was successful. I was just asked to authorize sharing a bunch of things to SSA.gov site which I accepted.
(AGE minus 23%) Bonds | 5% REITs | Balance 80% US (75/25 TSM/SCV) + 20% International (80/20 Developed/Emerging)
Cheez-It Guy

Post by Cheez-It Guy »

gas_balloon wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:11 am
anon_investor wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:34 am
Lol, for real?

Sadly, for real. Anyway, I logged into ssa.gov "My Social Security" site earlier today (during business hours!) using id.me, and was successful. I was just asked to authorize sharing a bunch of things to SSA.gov site which I accepted.
Are you sure you feel comfortable sharing your full Social Security Number with the Social Security Administration?
spammagnet

Post by spammagnet »

gas_balloon wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:11 amSadly, for real. Anyway, I logged into ssa.gov "My Social Security" site earlier today (during business hours!) using id.me, and was successful. I was just asked to authorize sharing a bunch of things to SSA.gov site which I accepted.
After creating the account with the 3rd party, whether it's login.gov or id.me, consider deleting your old account with SSA or IRS.
Wrench

Post by Wrench »

One more reason to hate ID.ME. They send spam, well really marketing info, to the registered email address! Got one today from marketing@shop.id.me after creating an ID.ME last week. I suppose it could have been a spoofed email address - I did not click on anything to try to find out. But it did appear to me to legitimately come from id.me. So, the government forces you to create an account if you want to access your information using a company that then sends marketing spam to you. That's just plain wrong.

Wrench
fetch5482

Post by fetch5482 »

Wrench wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:03 pm One more reason to hate ID.ME. They send spam, well really marketing info, to the registered email address! Got one today from marketing@shop.id.me after creating an ID.ME last week. I suppose it could have been a spoofed email address - I did not click on anything to try to find out. But it did appear to me to legitimately come from id.me. So, the government forces you to create an account if you want to access your information using a company that then sends marketing spam to you. That's just plain wrong.

Wrench
You must've enabled marketing email at some point inadvertently. Go to https://account.id.me/profile and uncheck under "Email preference".
Wrench

Post by Wrench »

gas_balloon wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:24 pm
Wrench wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:03 pm One more reason to hate ID.ME. They send spam, well really marketing info, to the registered email address! Got one today from marketing@shop.id.me after creating an ID.ME last week. I suppose it could have been a spoofed email address - I did not click on anything to try to find out. But it did appear to me to legitimately come from id.me. So, the government forces you to create an account if you want to access your information using a company that then sends marketing spam to you. That's just plain wrong.

Wrench
You must've enabled marketing email at some point inadvertently. Go to https://account.id.me/profile and uncheck under "Email preference".
Thank you, gas_balloon. Done. I presume that will take care of it. I did not consciously select this option - it must have been the default. For a government site, the default setting should not be to send marketing info from a privately held and run store. It could lead some to believe that the U.S. government sanctions or supports the product(s) advertised. It seems anti-competitive to me. If I were in the business of selling similar goods, I would be mighty unhappy.

Wrench
fetch5482

Post by fetch5482 »

Wrench wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:48 pm I presume that will take care of it. I did not consciously select this option - it must have been the default.
It wasn't the default afaict.. But after you login it often prompts you to enable it. Perhaps you may have accidentally checked it. It's annoying to say the least, even though I've skipped that a few times it still prompts me multiple times during login workflow to enable that option.
BrandonBogle

Post by BrandonBogle »

gas_balloon wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:54 pm
Wrench wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:48 pm I presume that will take care of it. I did not consciously select this option - it must have been the default.
It wasn't the default afaict.. But after you login it often prompts you to enable it. Perhaps you may have accidentally checked it. It's annoying to say the least, even though I've skipped that a few times it still prompts me multiple times during login workflow to enable that option.
When I registered a few days ago, there were two check boxes at the bottom of a page. The top one was an acknowledgement to share info, the second one was to sign up for marketing emails. I clicked on both instinctively, but caught the wording before I hit the button to go to the next page. So in essence, you did have the click on the entry right about this one, so it is very easy to have clicked both without thinking about it.
moneyflowin

Re: ID.me [Identify verification site]

Post by moneyflowin »

When I applied for a bank account, they asked for a copy of my DL. I sent a 600dpi scanned copy and the bank rejected it, saying scanned copies aren't allowed; I need to take a picture of the DL. :confused :confused

I don't know why scanned copies weren't allowed (a scanner is just a camera). I figured there must be some industry guideline that prohibits scanned copies, but people here are saying that id.me allows them, so who knows. Maybe that bank is just unreasonable
lstone19

Post by lstone19 »

moneyflowin wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:09 am When I applied for a bank account, they asked for a copy of my DL. I sent a 600dpi scanned copy and the bank rejected it, saying scanned copies aren't allowed; I need to take a picture of the DL. :confused :confused

I don't know why scanned copies weren't allowed (a scanner is just a camera). I figured there must be some industry guideline that prohibits scanned copies, but people here are saying that id.me allows them, so who knows. Maybe that bank is just unreasonable
Or too stupid to understand. For me, that would be a big red flag that might make me just walk away.

OTOH, a couple of months, we attended something where everyone had to show a photo of their COVID vaccine cards on a mobile device. The way it was written, it had to be a photo, not the original card. Probably not what they meant.
EddyB

Post by EddyB »

moneyflowin wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:09 am When I applied for a bank account, they asked for a copy of my DL. I sent a 600dpi scanned copy and the bank rejected it, saying scanned copies aren't allowed; I need to take a picture of the DL. :confused :confused

A .pdf copy of my passport was rejected for this “reason,” but I just re-saved the same image as a .jpg and it was accepted.
Mudpuppy

Post by Mudpuppy »

EddyB wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:27 am

A .pdf copy of my passport was rejected for this “reason,” but I just re-saved the same image as a .jpg and it was accepted.
When in doubt, blame poor programming habits and programmer assumptions, such as assuming that the only legitimate image formats are .jpg, .png, etc. and not accepting other file extensions. Similarly, with the original scanner image issue, perhaps the code looks for specific metadata that isn't present in a perfectly readable scanned image.

I see this all the time at work, including one pretty face-palming event where someone made a programming mistake that we'd just had a workshop on how to avoid and crashed a critical component of the system in the process. Even I have my own blind spots when programming, although now I know what they are and have code review steps to find and fix most of those mistakes before the code goes into production.
spammagnet

Post by spammagnet »

Mudpuppy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:35 am
EddyB wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:27 am

When in doubt, blame poor programming habits and programmer assumptions, such as assuming that the only legitimate image formats are .jpg, .png, etc. and not accepting other file extensions. Similarly, with the original scanner image issue, perhaps the code looks for specific metadata that isn't present in a perfectly readable scanned image.

I see this all the time at work, including one pretty face-palming event where someone made a programming mistake that we'd just had a workshop on how to avoid and crashed a critical component of the system in the process. Even I have my own blind spots when programming, although now I know what they are and have code review steps to find and fix most of those mistakes before the code goes into production.
This sounds right to me, and the banking staff that handle the process have no control over it.
dollar_elbow

Post by dollar_elbow »

ID.me seems to be only way to get access to your IRS account, so I
signed up.

I had to have a video chat to confirm my ID. I had to wait about an
hour, so I just left the chat open in a browser until it connected, but
the call only took about 5 mins to complete.

I think the reason the IRS does not use login.gov is because that
currently does not verify your ID using your physical ID/SSN etc so I
guess the IRS does not consider it secure enough.

One thing that annoys me is the insistance on verifying my ID with a
phone number. I refuse to sign up with ATT/Verizon/Tmobile,
since I can get a much cheaper cell plan with an MNVO, so this never
works. If the gov and others dropped this (pointless in my opinion
since they check my physical ID anyway) requirement, it would
greatly speed up the signup process since more people could use the
largely automated signup.
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

dollar_elbow wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:54 am One thing that annoys me is the insistance on verifying my ID with a
Your MVNO doesn't have a phone number? Confused...
dbr

Post by dbr »

anon_investor wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:45 pm
Cheez-It Guy wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:42 pm I also didn't like it, but I reasoned that since I have a passport, my face is already in the federal database. I've had to use quick Customs clearance terminals upon returns from international flights where it also scans your face and / or takes a picture. I didn't read all the legal stuff, but I hope that ID.me is just doing a one-time comparison for proof of identification and then deleting.
I tried to set up my ID.me account this evening, this is ridiculous. I jumped through all their hoops and they still want to do a video conference to verify my identity, the listed wait time was 41 minute. I will try again tomorrow morning, hopefully there will be a shorter wait.
For some idiotic reason I decided to look into my IRS Account and ended up at ID.me. The process is ridiculous because the technology basically doesn't work. In my case it couldn't match a scan of me on webcam with the photo on my documents, which was itself a pain to upload. Now I have no access until I go through the videoconference.

Anybody here dealt with Login.gov lately? That is the one you need to renew Global Entry. It would be better if the Treasury Direct magic decoder card would work for this stuff.

I wonder what happens if you try to access SS or Medicare?
dollar_elbow

Post by dollar_elbow »

Tubes wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:56 am
dollar_elbow wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:54 am One thing that annoys me is the insistance on verifying my ID with a
I have a phone number, but the verification by phone number will only work if you have a post-paid account with one of the big three ATT/Verizon/TMobile. The sizable fraction of the population that use MNVOs such as Cricket and Mint (like me) will never be able to use verification by phone number. It's a silly requirement that prevents gov services from effectively serving everyone. It should be just one of several means of verifying id rather than a requirement for everyone.
EddyB

Post by EddyB »

I don’t know about dollar_elbow, but the “verifying with .. a phone number” seems to mean checking some registry of “real” mobile numbers identified by owner, as it’s just not available to ID.me for numbers not at those big carriers (including my VOIP number and apparently dollar_elbow’s MVNO number).
URSnshn

Re: Help with ID.me for IRS.gov website

Post by URSnshn »

I thought this blog post from Brian Krebs (Krebs on Security) might be helpful for those following this post. Krebs walks through the entire process - worth the read time.

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2022/01/irs ... ne-access/

From the link:
If you created an online account to manage your tax records with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS), those login credentials will cease to work later this year. The agency says that by the summer of 2022, the only way to log in to irs.gov will be through ID.me, an online identity verification service that requires applicants to submit copies of bills and identity documents, as well as a live video feed of their faces via a mobile device.
Bogle7

Post by Bogle7 »

This thread encouraged me to start the ID.me process.
Still in it.
Painful it is.
Had to take multiple photos of passport and driver's license.
Last edited by Bogle7 on Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old fart who does three index stock funds, baby.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

dual wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:26 pm
egrets wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:04 pm

I already emailed my Senator and Representative.

What else may they screw up besides the IRS and Social Security websites? I can't think of another one I use off hand.
Treasury Direct?
I bet some people would rather do ID.me vs. paper forms with Signature Gurantee for Treasury Direct. :twisted:
calwatch

Post by calwatch »

Here is an article with more comments. One tip if you are on hold for too long is to send an email complaining about to the web page. Apparently those people are taken up ahead of line to avoid further bad publicity. https://krebsonsecurity.com/2022/01/irs ... ne-access/
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

EddyB wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:37 am
I don’t know about dollar_elbow, but the “verifying with .. a phone number” seems to mean checking some registry of “real” mobile numbers identified by owner, as it’s just not available to ID.me for numbers not at those big carriers (including my VOIP number and apparently dollar_elbow’s MVNO number).
Ah yes, VOIP. For sure, that's always a problem. Google Voice is the prime example, but some MVNOs used a hybrid technology that also did a form of VOIP. The big one I know is Republic. There are some smaller ones too.

I'm shocked that the big MVNOs like Mint, Consumer Cellular, Cricket had this issue because they just overlay right on the big three's towers. That stinks, and frankly it is wrong, and I won't go into politics any further.

I have a Google Voice number for other purposes, but it is poison when it comes to any kind of ID, including 2FA.
EddyB

Post by EddyB »

Tubes wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:36 am
EddyB wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:37 am
Ah yes, VOIP. For sure, that's always a problem. Google Voice is the prime example, but some MVNOs used a hybrid technology that also did a form of VOIP. The big one I know is Republic. There are some smaller ones too.

I'm shocked that the big MVNOs like Mint, Consumer Cellular, Cricket had this issue because they just overlay right on the big three's towers. That stinks, and frankly it is wrong, and I won't go into politics any further.

I have a Google Voice number for other purposes, but it is poison when it comes to any kind of ID, including 2FA.
Oh, I wasn’t surprised by the issue for me, but a system that’s meant to provide a citizen service probably shouldn’t be based on something that’s not near universal among the citizenry. I don’t think that’s political.
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

EddyB wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:25 am Oh, I wasn’t surprised by the issue for me, but a system that’s meant to provide a citizen service probably shouldn’t be based on something that’s not near universal among the citizenry. I don’t think that’s political.
:happy I was the one who was going to make a political statement, and I held myself back. You're good. I totally agree with you.
BuddyJet

Post by BuddyJet »

I must have gotten lucky. After reading this thread, I set up my IRS ID.me before I really needed to use it. All went easily for me using a scanned passport. No phone call or other glitches.
People say nothing is impossible. I do nothing all day.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

I merged EagertoLearnMore's thread into the ongoing discussion. The combined thread is now in the Personal Consumer Issues forum (website).

(Thanks to the member who reported the post and provided a link to this thread.)
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
McDougal

Post by McDougal »

BuddyJet wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:42 am I must have gotten lucky. After reading this thread, I set up my IRS ID.me before I really needed to use it. All went easily for me using a scanned passport. No phone call or other glitches.
Same here, 6 weeks ago, set up with no problems, no video chat, just passport scan. I guess the real test will be what happens after "summer of 2022"!
RedDog

Post by RedDog »

I’m worried…only took me 10 minutes to sign up. Hardest part was getting a good passport photo and I didn’t need to video/no video chat needed.

BTW, I used the Yubi key 2FA option.
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

All you having luck: did you do it through your phone or through a computer?
McDougal

Post by McDougal »

Tubes wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:46 am All you having luck: did you do it through your phone or through a computer?
I used Microsoft Edge on a laptop.
tschaefges

Post by tschaefges »

Tubes wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:46 am All you having luck: did you do it through your phone or through a computer?
I did my registration with ID.me yesterday using MS Edge on a laptop. It took about 15 minutes, no video chat required. I uploaded scans of my driver's license and had no problems with the selfie matching.
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

Thank you! It seemed for a while that doing everything with the phone was the way, glad to hear some success with the computer.
spammagnet

Post by spammagnet »

Tubes wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:36 am... I have a Google Voice number for other purposes, but it is poison when it comes to any kind of ID, including 2FA.
Our GV home phone number works fine for routine SMS 2FA. In addition to going to an Android phone on which I'm logged into that Gmail account, it's sent to email of the same account.

I did not try itt router ID.me.
AQ

Post by AQ »

A very helpful thread. Thanks! My takeaways and some clarification questions below. Since it sounds like not a straightforward process, I"d like to be better prepared :D

Materials required:
1. Photo of oneself
2. a video selfie
3. a photo of DL front / back

Now are my questions:
1. Any tips to get a good selfie and photos for DL? sounds like most problems are people need to retake these photos many times. Better to save these files in a particular file format, like gif, jpg, etc.?
2. Do I have to take video selfie live? If I can do it in advance and save it as a file, how long should I record, 5 sec, 10 sec?
3. I read some posts mentioned 'secondary documents' like social security cards, utilities bills, but other articles didn't mention them at all. Not sure under what scenarios one needs those documents: when one doesn't have a valid DL?
4. people seems reluctant to have a video chat to finalize the process like avoiding an IRS notice. is it really that bad?
5. Most important question: is there a limit on number of attempts? i.e. if one fails to set it up after N tries, you're 'locked out'?

Thank you!
lstone19

Post by lstone19 »

tschaefges wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:05 pm I did my registration with ID.me yesterday using MS Edge on a laptop. It took about 15 minutes, no video chat required. I uploaded scans of my driver's license and had no problems with the selfie matching.
Similar for me except done on a Macintosh with Safari. Only issue was I first tried using my passport but it turned my first and middle names from my passport into FIRST MIDDLE as a first name and blank as middle name. When I said that wasn't correct, it wanted to do a video chat so I backed out and used my DL and it was happy with no video chat.
BrandonBogle

Post by BrandonBogle »

AQ wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:01 pm 2. Do I have to take video selfie live? If I can do it in advance and save it as a file, how long should I record, 5 sec, 10 sec?
The video selfie cannot be prerecorded. Either their website takes it live and scans your face multiple times to compare against your ID, or a live video chat has a human make such a determination.
mhalley

Post by mhalley »

Saw this article on I’d.me that people might find interesting. It documents the new ID.me account creation of the author, and him having to go through the video call procedure. https://krebsonsecurity.com/2022/01/irs ... ne-access/
Since the irs is going to have everyone go through this
If you created an online account to manage your tax records with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS), those login credentials will cease to work later this year. The agency says that by the summer of 2022, the only way to log in to irs.gov will be through ID.me, an online identity verification service that requires applicants to submit copies of bills and identity documents, as well as a live video feed of their faces via a mobile device.
I guess this means I am going to have to get a new driver’s license as my appearance has changed markedly since my last one (grew beard and buzzed hair since last photo).
EddyB

Post by EddyB »

anon_investor wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:32 pm
dual wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:26 pm
egrets wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:04 pm

I already emailed my Senator and Representative.

What else may they screw up besides the IRS and Social Security websites? I can't think of another one I use off hand.
Treasury Direct?
I bet some people would rather do ID.me vs. paper forms with Signature Gurantee for Treasury Direct. :twisted:
I tried and so far failed at both this month!
SlowMovingInvestor

Post by SlowMovingInvestor »

Article on ID.me

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features ... nd=premium

I was able to create an account, but the process was painful. It's terribly designed, especially if you're using a PC rather than a mobile for the account creation. And it hangs, with no provision for going back in several places. I had to redo the verification process several times before I got it right.