Graduation present for sister graduating nursing school

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
jpa

Graduation present for sister graduating nursing school

Post by jpa »

I have a sister who after a lot of obstacles is successfully graduating Nursing School this month. I would like to get her a nice gift (up to ~$100ish). Any ideas for a good graduation present from recent nursing grads?
Sandtrap
Location: Hawaii No Ka Oi - white sandy beaches, N. Arizona 1 mile high.

Re: Graduation present for sister graduating nursing school

Post by Sandtrap »

Very high quality professional stethoscope
Several.

j🌺
Wiki Bogleheads Wiki: Everything You Need to Know
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Sandtrap wrote: ↑Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:32 am Very high quality professional stethoscope
Several.

j🌺
If she doesn't already have a stethoscope, I'd suggest a 3M Littmann Classic III, just under $100.

She should also place a stethoscope sleeve or other identifying marker on it, as stethoscopes have a habit of growing legs and walking away...

[Edited for spelling]
"Ritter, Tod und Teufel"
mr_brightside

Post by mr_brightside »

she probably already has a decent stethoscope but that would be a good - and obvious - one

a 'cooler' gift --depending on personal preference -- might be a Figs gift card. Figs makes 'fashionable' scrubs / nurse uniforms that are apparently becoming very popular (depending on what specialty she is going into)

https://www.wearfigs.com/collections/all-scrubs-womens

they are basically vying to become the Lululemon of the healthcare industry and beyond

------------------------------------------------
alex_686

Post by alex_686 »

Raymond wrote: ↑Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:58 am
Sandtrap wrote: ↑Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:32 am Very high quality professional stethoscope
Several.

j🌺
If she doesn't already have a stethoscope, I'd suggest a 3M Littmann Classic III, just under $100.

She should also place a stethoscope sleeve or other identifying marker on it, as stethoscopes have a habit of growing legs and walking away...

[Edited for spelling]
I did this. Valentine's gift for the wife. You know, something from the heart. It is relatively cheap to get them engraved.
Former brokerage operations & mutual fund accountant. I hate risk, which is why I study and embrace it.
celia

Post by celia »

Gift card for a local uniform supply store (where she can try on a uniform before buying). Her first job might require something particular in a nurse’s uniform to distinguish her from a doctor at a distance. Or if she ends up in pediatrics, she might want a uniform with cartoony pictures kids would like.
Last edited by celia on Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
linuxizer

Post by linuxizer »

Stethoscope with a Batclip to go on waistband.
Luckywon

Post by Luckywon »

celia wrote: ↑Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:15 pm Gift card for a local uniform supply store (where she can try on a uniform before buying). Her first job might require something particular in a nurse’s uniform to distinguish her from a doctor at a distance. Or if she ends up in pediatrics, she might want a uniform with cartoony pictures kids would like.
I think this would be a wonderful gift and personally would recommend this over a Figs uniforms gift card. Figs are very expensive and I have not been impressed with their quality control or customer service.
AnnetteLouisan

Post by AnnetteLouisan »

Knackgifts has cute gifts- on a theme of “you rock”, “congratulations,” etc- only issue is they ship from Washington State so might take longer depending on where your sister lives.

Tiffany mugs are beautifully wrapped… as are Tiffany gift cards…

Chanel has nice holiday gift purses with cute soaps, lipglosses, perfumes….
bradinsky

Post by bradinsky »

You might consider a gift certificate so she can purchase a comfortable, high quality pair of shoes. Nurses are on their feet continuously, many for 12 hour shifts & footwear is important. Our 2 nurse daughters will attest to that.
quantAndHold

Post by quantAndHold »

Gift certificate for a place that sells Dansko shoes.
ram

Post by ram »

https://www.amazon.com/Littmann-Stethos ... tethoscope

The second one for 88 is fairly standard and within your budget including taxes.

Ram MD
Ram
dekecarver

Post by dekecarver »

Gift certificate for her liking and hopefully a pair of Dansko or Hoka shoes. Can't beat either for being on your feet and moving all day; speaking from experience as an RN.