Best Yearly Planner / Calendar / Organizer Product?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Fat-Tailed Contagion

Best Yearly Planner / Calendar / Organizer Product?

Post by Fat-Tailed Contagion »

What is the go-to Planner / Calendar / Organizer product for Bogleheads?

I am looking for something around 8.5 x 11" sturdy planner I can use to write my daily schedule and for some journaling.

Any products you would recommend?
“The intelligent investor is a realist who sells to optimists and buys from pessimists.” | ― Benjamin Graham, The Intelligent Investor (75/25 - 50/50 - 25/75)
runner3081

Re: Best Yearly Planner / Calendar / Organizer Product?

Post by runner3081 »

Google Calendar and Google Keep :)
jebmke

Post by jebmke »

I use Google Calendar. Good reminder system, easy to put in repeating events (birthdays and anniversaries in permanently). Cross platform. Can create multiple “calendars” to segregate work and personal.
Don't trust me, look it up. https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions-and-publications
Conch55

Post by Conch55 »

You specify a largish planner which I would find cumbersome to carry. Like previous posters I use Google Calendar on my PC and iPhone. My spouse uses checkbook size paper calendars which are often freely available at credit unions or cheaply purchased at the Dollar Store.
AnnetteLouisan

Post by AnnetteLouisan »

TruRed has good sturdy planners. Staples and office max have them.

But when I was young and (more) foolish I used The Economist travel diary / planner and that was nice too.
Last edited by AnnetteLouisan on Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TexasPE

Post by TexasPE »

At one time I was a big Franklin fan when I was a manager

https://shop.franklinplanner.com/store/ ... KsEALw_wcB
At 20: I cared what everyone thought about me | At 40: I didn't give a damn what anyone thought of me | Now that I'm 60: I realize that no one was really thinking about me at all | Winston Churchill (?)
Sandtrap
Location: Hawaii No Ka Oi - white sandy beaches, N. Arizona 1 mile high.

Post by Sandtrap »

TexasPE wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:18 pm At one time I was a big Franklin fan when I was a manager

https://shop.franklinplanner.com/store/ ... KsEALw_wcB
+1
OP: The compact system might work well for you.

j :D
Wiki Bogleheads Wiki: Everything You Need to Know
Bogle7

Post by Bogle7 »

Old fart who does three index stock funds, baby.
UpperNwGuy

Post by UpperNwGuy »

Apple calendar. It syncs between your laptop, your iPhone, and your iPad. No need to carry around a physical planner/calendar/organizer. I carried those things around from the 1980s into the early 2000s. Glad to be rid of them. Journaling can be done in a word processing app.
BklynErs

Post by BklynErs »

I'm using a Hobonichi 5yr for journaling/logging type stuff and my protonmail calendar for reminders.
JS-Elcano

Post by JS-Elcano »

UpperNwGuy wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:29 pm Apple calendar. It syncs between your laptop, your iPhone, and your iPad. No need to carry around a physical planner/calendar/organizer. I carried those things around from the 1980s into the early 2000s. Glad to be rid of them. Journaling can be done in a word processing app.
That's what I use, too. It works great, is easy to use, and I wouldn't know what to do without it.
Topic Author
Fat-Tailed Contagion

Post by Fat-Tailed Contagion »

Thanks, I am suprised there are no clear winning brands in the calendar / planner space.
“The intelligent investor is a realist who sells to optimists and buys from pessimists.” | ― Benjamin Graham, The Intelligent Investor (75/25 - 50/50 - 25/75)
UpperNwGuy

Post by UpperNwGuy »

Fat-Tailed Contagion wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:59 pm Thanks, I am suprised there are no clear winning brands in the calendar / planner space.
If we turn the clock back to the 1990s, the clear winners in that era were Day Timer and Franklin Planner. I don't even know if those two product lines are still on the market. If they are, they are probably the best simply due to the fact that they won the planner wars back in the day when most executives used such products. I was a Day Timer guy myself. Executives no longer use such products, so there really is no calendar/planner space any more.
MP173

Post by MP173 »

Count me as a long time Day-Timer user, but that went to the wayside a few years ago.

Now the calendar feature of Microsoft office works quite well for me and is sync'ed to phone. As far as journal...i have been writing daily since 1980 in an Acco Brand "At a Glance Standard Diary". I consider myself the Cal Ripken of diary writing as the last day missed was November 21, 1980...14,985 days and counting.

ed