Electric fireplace under TV?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
B4Xt3r

Electric fireplace under TV?

Post by B4Xt3r »

Hi guys,

We just hung a wall mount TV, and I’m curious if anyone has a recommendation for an electric fireplace that one would put underneath a TV. I’m looking for something which has a couple of storage shelves or drawers, and puts out some electric heat using 120V.

Not sure who the players are that make such things. We’re looking for something which would last a long time, and are willing to put out a little extra $$ if that means getting something that will last decade+.

Thanks,

-b4xt3r
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Re: Electric fireplace under TV?

Post by abuss368 »

B4Xt3r wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:14 pm Hi guys,

We just hung a wall mount TV, and I’m curious if anyone has a recommendation for an electric fireplace that one would put underneath a TV. I’m looking for something which has a couple of storage shelves or drawers, and puts out some electric heat using 120V.

Not sure who the players are that make such things. We’re looking for something which would last a long time, and are willing to put out a little extra $$ if that means getting something that will last decade+.

Thanks,

-b4xt3r
My sister did this and it has worked well for her. The fireplace heater was brought at Home Depot (120 V) for maybe $700 or so. It throws off heat and provides a nice flame.

Best.
Tony
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
Topic Author
B4Xt3r

Post by B4Xt3r »

abuss368 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:57 am

Thanks,

-b4xt3r
My sister did this and it has worked well for her. The fireplace heater was brought at Home Depot (120 V) for maybe $700 or so. It throws off heat and provides a nice flame.

Best.
Tony
Any chance you'd recognize the model?
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

B4Xt3r wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:37 pm

Thanks,

-b4xt3r

Best.
Tony
Not sure as it has been a while. If I can determine the model number, I will post that information.

Best.
Tony
Groundhog

Post by Groundhog »

Wayfair has a bunch of these. We bought this one https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/ ... k1076.html last year. Our tv sits on top. We paid $589 but it’s currently out of stock. Current price appears to be $989, inflation I guess.
wander

Post by wander »

I think the general recommendation is not to place a TV above fireplace simply because it will cause neck problems in long term. My TV is a few inches off the floor.
bradinsky

Post by bradinsky »

Best decision we’ve made regarding TVs is to wall mount them. We started at our last house about 14 years ago & today I couldn’t imagine having them anywhere else but on the wall.
Inframan4712

Post by Inframan4712 »

wander wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:48 pm I think the general recommendation is not to place a TV above fireplace simply because it will cause neck problems in long term. My TV is a few inches off the floor.
That’s true.

But this is an electric fireplace. It’s basically a TV stand with a space heater and sometimes some shelves. The TV won’t be as high as if it were above a real fireplace.
Goldwater85

Post by Goldwater85 »

wander wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:48 pm I think the general recommendation is not to place a TV above fireplace simply because it will cause neck problems in long term. My TV is a few inches off the floor.
https://www.mantelmount.com/

Life changer for me.
Topic Author
B4Xt3r

Post by B4Xt3r »

abuss368 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:39 pm

Thanks,

-b4xt3r

Best.
Tony
Not sure as it has been a while. If I can determine the model number, I will post that information.

Best.
Tony
Does your sister like it? I was hoping to get the feedback of someone who had purchased one themselves.
abuss368

Post by abuss368 »

B4Xt3r wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:58 pm
abuss368 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:39 pm

Thanks,

-b4xt3r

Best.
Tony

Best.
Tony
Does your sister like it? I was hoping to get the feedback of someone who had purchased one themselves.
Yes, enjoys it.
Best.
Tony
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

I have an electric fireplace TV stand that I purchased at Lowes several years ago. I really like it, especially in the winter time. It has a nice look and the TV sits on it and it has worked just fine.
Topic Author
B4Xt3r

Post by B4Xt3r »

Ivy wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:38 pm I have an electric fireplace TV stand that I purchased at Lowes several years ago. I really like it, especially in the winter time. It has a nice look and the TV sits on it and it has worked just fine.
Mind posting a link to the one you got?
vested1

Post by vested1 »

We're considering one too, as a fireplace is the only thing missing in our new house. Some of these are surprisingly inexpensive.

https://www.amazon.com/Fireplace-Booksh ... +Bookshelf
JDave

Post by JDave »

Heat is the number one enemy of electronics. Heat rises. Having an electric fireplace under a TV will shorten the life of the TV.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Can't find the exact one. It has been several years ago, but I remember that some models had more realistic looking flames than others. I recommend looking at them in person, if possible.
OatmealAddict

Post by OatmealAddict »

I just purchased this one for the video game area I'm making in our basement for our son.

Haven't received it yet, but I can't wait to get it set up. Both the reviews and price are excellent. I'm just hoping it radiates the heat more outward than upward so as to not overheat the TV.
margaritaville

Post by margaritaville »

We installed this one last year and have been happy with it. Flames are pretty realistic, but it doesn't put out a ton of heat in the large room we have it in. We bought it from a full service fire place shop in town and paid the same price as it's listed for online.

https://www.amazon.com/SIMPLIFIRE-Scion ... P9P1B?th=1

Ivy

Post by Ivy »

I just thought of this. When watching TV, if the fireplace is on, my husband turns off the heat because he thinks the sound of the fan interferes with the TV sound. So we often just run it with the flames and no heat. Just something to consider.