Moving Overseas

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
UTgrad

Moving Overseas

Post by UTgrad »

So for awhile now I've been considering moving overseas specifically Mexico as a home base. Currently live in Texas and travel to Monterrey alot but it's probably the most expensive city in Mexico, albeit advanced.

My wife is born in Mexico and now a U.S. citizen and she wants to go into policing(already has peace officer license) to help with savings. I like the idea of moving abroad and her not having to risk her life. However, the kids are still young and I worry I may be ruining future opportunities for them.

Financially, the move is better because we can spend around $24,000-$30,000 living comfortablly and travelling back to Texas($100 rt flights pp) often~5x/yr

Not sure what I would do with the school situation, but their current public school education shouldn't be hard to beat.

Has anyone made this move while their kids were small? If so, I'd like to know how you navigated it and what you'd recommend.

Oh BTW current income is $7,000/mo after tax and would continue as we can manage our rental properties abroad.