Have water heaters and installation gotten this out of hand?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
maineminder

Have water heaters and installation gotten this out of hand?

Post by maineminder »

Got a leak.... Getting quotes for a 75g propane power vent hot water heater from $3000 to $4200 installed. These are rough quotes as I haven't actually had a technician actually look at what is required. 21yo water heater, so It's treated me well. Tankless, one rough quote was $5200.

Lowes has one I'd be interested in and they want $2109 for it plus installation and whatever else they charge.

Anyone else seeing these sorts of quotes? I read several of the old threads, and they seem to be 1/2 of what I'm seeing.

I really don't want to do it as I'm reading there have been quite a few code changes since 2001. Would much rather have it done correctly.

Ouch! Waiting for firm quotes.....
brad.clarkston

Re: Have water heaters and installation gotten this out of hand?

Post by brad.clarkston »

$3-$4k installed does not seem unreasonable.
A very general rule of thumb with construction/home reno is double the price of the materials for a rough labor quote.

Your other option is to pay about $2k for a good one and move/install it yourself.
70% AVGE | 20% FXNAX | 10% T-Bill/Muni
lthenderson

Post by lthenderson »

maineminder wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:26 pm there have been quite a few code changes since 2001.
One change is that the unit must be completely sealed (assuming natural gas) which doubled the price back when it happened. The last one I had installed (new sealed unit) was almost $1500 and that was nearly ten years ago so I guess $3000 wouldn't shock me these days.
csmath

Post by csmath »

maineminder wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:26 pm Got a leak.... Getting quotes for a 75g propane power vent hot water heater from $3000 to $4200 installed. These are rough quotes as I haven't actually had a technician actually look at what is required. 21yo water heater, so It's treated me well. Tankless, one rough quote was $5200.

Lowes has one I'd be interested in and they want $2109 for it plus installation and whatever else they charge.

Anyone else seeing these sorts of quotes? I read several of the old threads, and they seem to be 1/2 of what I'm seeing.

I really don't want to do it as I'm reading there have been quite a few code changes since 2001. Would much rather have it done correctly.

Ouch! Waiting for firm quotes.....
I really like the Rinnai tankless that I installed about 7 years ago. I did the full install myself so I'm not sure what that would have been at the time. What I do know is that every single person I know in the trades right now says that they can charge almost anything they want for jobs right now. Without exception I've been told they have doubled or tripled some jobs because they don't really want them only to be met with a "When can you do it?" response.
Cyclesafe

Post by Cyclesafe »

I paid $4000 installed for a 75 gal Ruud natural gas water heater in a HCL area in Cali. This included $1000 worth of code upgrades. It replaced a unit that cost me $1500 installed in about 2009. I probably could have shopped around for a better deal, but DW was getting pretty testy.

Next lowest quote was $6000. They both wanted around $7500 for tankless and would have had to tear up my house.
"Plans are useless; planning is indispensable.” (Dwight Eisenhower) | "Man plans, God laughs" (Yiddish proverb)
Topic Author
maineminder

Post by maineminder »

csmath wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:41 pm I really like the Rinnai tankless that I installed about 7 years ago. I did the full install myself so I'm not sure what that would have been at the time. What I do know is that every single person I know in the trades right now says that they can charge almost anything they want for jobs right now. Without exception I've been told they have doubled or tripled some jobs because they don't really want them only to be met with a "When can you do it?" response.
I think I'm seeing that. One place I talked to today told me they were booked until middle of next month just to schedule a quote. Another place is booked with maintenance calls as the weather is turning colder here and folks are turning on their heating systems for the first time.

Fortunately it's a very slow leak and isn't a disaster... yet.....

Not sure which brand tankless he quoted. I'll talk to him tomorrow. That was the $5200 rough quote.
Topic Author
maineminder

Post by maineminder »

Cyclesafe wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:43 pm I paid $4000 installed for a 75 gal Ruud natural gas water heater in a HCL area in Cali. This included $1000 worth of code upgrades. It replaced a unit that cost me $1500 installed in about 2009. I probably could have shopped around for a better deal, but DW was getting pretty testy.

Next lowest quote was $6000. They both wanted around $7500 for tankless and would have had to tear up my house.
DW is already asking when... :)
baconavocado

Post by baconavocado »

I bought and installed a 40-gal Rheem natural gas water heater 3 years ago for $600.
tim1999

Post by tim1999 »

I recently (2 months ago) paid a licensed/insured contractor $1,300 installed for a 50 gallon electric Rheem HWH in a very accessible location with no code upgrades or permit required. 5 years ago I paid a similar contractor $800 for the same thing installed on a similar property nearby. I thought $1,300 was high but the other companies I contacted either wanted more $$ or were booked out for 3+ weeks. The old heater was actively leaking, I didn't want to wait, and I am too mechanically uninclined to mess with plumbing or electric stuff.
surfstar

Post by surfstar »

75-g is huge

If you actually need that size, I'd think the tankless would pay for itself in efficiency, right? Any gas/city/etc rebates for that route also?

We're in an ultra-low nox required area, and I found a Rheem 40g for under $700 last year, that also qualified for a utility rebate of $75 or so. DIY - hope that was my last DIY, though! (12 year warranty)
GibsonL6s

Post by GibsonL6s »

Just paid about $4,200 to have a new 75 gallon tank put in (LA suburb), it included building a new platform to for it to stand on as the old one was trashed and too small. Got next day service because a realtor friend feeds the guy lots of business. Most of the plumbers were within a few hundred dollars and I just didn't want to shop around for too long.
Topic Author
maineminder

Post by maineminder »

surfstar wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:13 pm 75-g is huge

If you actually need that size, I'd think the tankless would pay for itself in efficiency, right? Any gas/city/etc rebates for that route also?

We're in an ultra-low nox required area, and I found a Rheem 40g for under $700 last year, that also qualified for a utility rebate of $75 or so. DIY - hope that was my last DIY, though! (12 year warranty)
We currently have a 50g that can't properly fill a jet tub in the master bath. I tried to convince the builder it was inadequate, but he insisted it would be fine. To use the tub I need to crank up the temp on the hot water heater.

Getting mixed opinions from the installers. One won't even install it. One claims I'll run out of hot water when I run out of propane. Go figure.....

The bigger units are pricey and the 30' run to the outside wall isn't helping.
Topic Author
maineminder

Post by maineminder »

Thanks everyone. You confirmed what I'm seeing. Hiring a professional is pricey.
DoubleComma

Post by DoubleComma »

We have a Rennai tankless too. I was hesitant when we built the house to go that route, seems unsafe to basically have a boiler on my garage wall, but now 5+ years later I can't imagine not having a tankless. Definitely more cost upfront, but personally I wouldn't go back.
Normchad

Post by Normchad »

Those are not the kinds of hot water heaters typically installed, in my experience. You are looking for something pretty large. And either a power vent or tankless is a lot more money.

I had a 60 gallon Bradford white natural gas heater installed for $1200 a few years back. It required sine extra parts and labor for an expansion tank, etc.

Unless you are required to but those more expensive models, I’d consider a more traditional water heater.
Californiastate

Post by Californiastate »

What price were you expecting?
Topic Author
maineminder

Post by maineminder »

Californiastate wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:37 pm What price were you expecting?
1/2 that as that was what I was reading in previous threads. But, how would I know? The one I have is 21 years old :happy
Carguy85

Post by Carguy85 »

I actually forgot that running out of hot water was a thing. Don’t think I’d ever go back to a heater with a tank.
Kenkat

Post by Kenkat »

We had a Rudd 75 gal. power vent gas water heater (model PRO+G75-76N RU PV) installed earlier this year when the 1998 model Rheem 75g started to leak. Total cost, installed with tax was $3850. The water heater alone was $1800. We could have done a 50 gallon for $2150 but I ultimately decided to replace it with the same size. They replaced it the day we called (we were a prior customer which maybe helped).

I was happy I got 23 years out of the old tank.
Topic Author
maineminder

Post by maineminder »

Kenkat wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:01 pm We had a Rudd 75 gal. power vent gas water heater (model PRO+G75-76N RU PV) installed earlier this year when the 1998 model Rheem 75g started to leak. Total cost, installed with tax was $3850. The water heater alone was $1800. We could have done a 50 gallon for $2150 but I ultimately decided to replace it with the same size. They replaced it the day we called (we were a prior customer which maybe helped).

I was happy I got 23 years out of the old tank.
Thank you. This is definitely in the ballpark of what needs to be done. About the same age and propane tends to be a bit more.
ralph124cf

Post by ralph124cf »

Do you have room for two separate 40 gallon water heaters? If so, they would much easier (read cheaper) to install, and could be installed in such a way that you could cut one out of the loop, and still have hot water.

Rather
softwaregeek

Post by softwaregeek »

A few years ago paid 1000 for a standard 40g heater, and I think 400 for a plumber moonlighting from a local builder to install. Not sure about the power vent. New house, spent 5k for a tankless, which I did because that opened up space to install AC in our renovation.
wilked

Post by wilked »

This is why you replace anodes. Double the life of a water heater for a $20 part…

(Not directed at the OP, just a good reminder of the importance of $20 and an hour of work)
tdm757

Post by tdm757 »

NJ MCOL/HCOL area. Got plumber off of local Facebook group. Picked up $1,024 75 gal nat gas hot water heater at home Depot with plumber. Not direct vent. Installed for about $500 to $600. Direct replacement. I paid for materials from local plumbing supply and helped get new one in basement. Labor was about $100/hr and he said his standard rate was 5 hours.
Californiastate

Post by Californiastate »

ralph124cf wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:23 pm Do you have room for two separate 40 gallon water heaters? If so, they would much easier (read cheaper) to install, and could be installed in such a way that you could cut one out of the loop, and still have hot water.

Rather
He apparently needs a power vent. Power vent 40 gallons aren't cheap either.
cbs2002

Post by cbs2002 »

Power vent 50 gal in the spring. 2100 all in with pro install to ez location. They told me availability was terrible and they had a two hour round trip just to get the unit. Sucks but my water is hot.
rockstar

Post by rockstar »

I got mine from Lowes with no problems. It cost me about $1.2k with installation in 2019.
teCh0010

Post by teCh0010 »

maineminder wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:21 pm

We currently have a 50g that can't properly fill a jet tub in the master bath. I tried to convince the builder it was inadequate, but he insisted it would be fine. To use the tub I need to crank up the temp on the hot water heater.

Getting mixed opinions from the installers. One won't even install it. One claims I'll run out of hot water when I run out of propane. Go figure.....

The bigger units are pricey and the 30' run to the outside wall isn't helping.
Crank up the temp and install a mixing valve just after the tank.
MathWizard

Post by MathWizard »

Bobvilla.com gives $1200 as average price of replacement . That seems more in line with what I remember. This would not be for tankless.

Are you in a HCOL area that it costs that much.
winterfan

Post by winterfan »

We just replaced our 20 year old heater and it cost 2100 installed (heater was 1200 of that). My husband balked at the price since he can install it himself. I overruled him since he just didn't have time the week it went out and I really wanted a shower.
investingdad

Post by investingdad »

Now is a good time to have a yearly service plan in place with a contractor you trust.

We do with the installer that did the original work when we built. Bumped to front of the line and covered portions of labor.

Our hot water heater is 12 years old and is popping from sediment buildup. Replaced the small relief canister but tech suggested just run it for now, no easy way to clear sediment and that was after he drained it.
markjk

Post by markjk »

We had a 75g natural gas installed last summer and it cost around $2500 for the entire job (removal of old, install of new, cost of new tank, etc.).
lazydavid

Post by lazydavid »

maineminder wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:21 pm

Do you have room to add a second heater rather than replacing your existing one? We have a huge jetted tub in one bathroom, which is likely the reason the prior owner of our house put in a second 40g. As they have failed, 50g models were actually cheaper, so now we have two 50g heaters in parallel. Love it and wouldn't go back. Since we have ball valves on both the input and output of both units, when the second one failed 18 months ago, I was able to drain, disconnect and set the old one out for recycling, then slide the new one into position and wait for a time when it was convenient (read: cheaper) for our plumber to come hook it up, which was about a week later. That whole time we still had all the hot water we wanted, though admittedly we didn't use the jetted tub that week.
illumination

Post by illumination »

Had a new 50 gallon Bradford White Nat gas water heater installed about 6 months ago by a professional plumber for under $1,200 out the door. Everything old hauled away, etc. New fittings, etc.

The trades are really taking advantage of people in certain areas.
Kagord

Post by Kagord »

illumination wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:46 am Had a new 50 gallon Bradford White Nat gas water heater installed about 6 months ago by a professional plumber for under $1,200 out the door. Everything old hauled away, etc. New fittings, etc.

Wow, that's ridiculous, I had a two anode 50 gal done, with several code updates and new plumbing/drain for $550 3 years ago, yep, definitely taking advantage if they are charging more than double now.
Topic Author
maineminder

Post by maineminder »

teCh0010 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:52 pm Crank up the temp and install a mixing valve just after the tank.
I'm liking this idea. This is something I can do myself. Thanks!
davebo

Post by davebo »

The guy I uses charges $1450 all in for standard water heater and then $1980 for power vent hot water heater.
illumination

Post by illumination »

Kagord wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:12 pm
illumination wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:46 am Had a new 50 gallon Bradford White Nat gas water heater installed about 6 months ago by a professional plumber for under $1,200 out the door. Everything old hauled away, etc. New fittings, etc.

Wow, that's ridiculous, I had a two anode 50 gal done, with several code updates and new plumbing/drain for $550 3 years ago, yep, definitely taking advantage if they are charging more than double now.

You can't buy a new 50 gallon natural gas water heater for $550, so how do you plan to get one removed and installed for $550 total?
lazydavid

Post by lazydavid »

illumination wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:38 pm You can't buy a new 50 gallon natural gas water heater for $550, so how do you plan to get one removed and installed for $550 total?
This is very true. The exact 50 gallon I bought in March of 2020 for $580 is now $830. Even the cheapest (shortest warranty) version is $630. Those prices are for the heater only, you still have to get it to your house and have it installed, and both of those things also cost money.

And to make things worse, OP apparently needs a power vent. The cheapest 50 gallons are still into four figures, and the 75 gallon OP is looking for starts at $1800, again just for the tank.
Topic Author
maineminder

Post by maineminder »

lazydavid wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:19 pm
And to make things worse, OP apparently needs a power vent. The cheapest 50 gallons are still into four figures, and the 75 gallon OP is looking for starts at $1800, again just for the tank.
This is what I'm finding as well. The 75g power vent models are in the $1800 to $2100 range at the big box stores. 50g power vent models seem to run $400-$500 less at these same big box stores.
bbqguru

Post by bbqguru »

It's most likely a combination of size of tank, style (power vent) and a majority pandemic related. If you're needing a power vent heater, it may be worth your time to look at a tankless water heater. They vent with PVC and are similar in cost to a tank heater.

We ordered a semi-load of water heaters last year when the price increases started to be discussed across the economy. We paid around $450 for a 50 gallon propane water heater. That exact same water heater today has a wholesale cost of almost $850.00, with another price increase scheduled for late this year/early next.

Heck, I just purchased a furnace for a house we're remodeling and they are up over 25%.
quantAndHold

Post by quantAndHold »

Power vent like doubles the price. We paid $3800 in 2016. I was aghast, since I had never had to deal with that kind of vent before, and had never paid more than $1000.

A friend paid $2k for a plain vanilla 50 gal heater last week. Installed in an outdoor enclosure, so no fanciness required.
TexasPE

Post by TexasPE »

wilked wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:26 pm This is why you replace anodes. Double the life of a water heater for a $20 part…

(Not directed at the OP, just a good reminder of the importance of $20 and an hour of work)
... or buy one with dual anodes. They were $100 more than an equivalent single anode model ~10 years ago.
At 20: I cared what everyone thought about me | At 40: I didn't give a damn what anyone thought of me | Now that I'm 60: I realize that no one was really thinking about me at all | Winston Churchill (?)
criticalmass

Post by criticalmass »

illumination wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:38 pm You can't buy a new 50 gallon natural gas water heater for $550, so how do you plan to get one removed and installed for $550 total?
This is very true. The exact 50 gallon I bought in March of 2020 for $580 is now $830. Even the cheapest (shortest warranty) version is $630. Those prices are for the heater only, you still have to get it to your house and have it installed, and both of those things also cost money.
Note that the 6 year tank has one anode rod. The main difference with the pricier 12 year tank is a second rod (the second rod is at the inlet, so hard to replace). When the rods are gone, the tank will corrode. Or just check the primary rod every year or two, and replace when necessary. Calcium carbonate and other stuff can still build up on electric elements (if equipped) and at the tank bottom, so flushing every 6 months or so is still important. Adding a gallon or two of food grade vinegar for a few hours can eliminate calcium build up. Just drain the sediment again and flush with fresh water before taking a shower!
bgvg

Post by bgvg »

criticalmass wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:00 pm
Note that the 6 year tank has one anode rod. The main difference with the pricier 12 year tank is a second rod (the second rod is at the inlet, so hard to replace). When the rods are gone, the tank will corrode. Or just check the primary rod every year or two, and replace when necessary. Calcium carbonate and other stuff can still build up on electric elements (if equipped) and at the tank bottom, so flushing every 6 months or so is still important. Adding a gallon or two of food grade vinegar for a few hours can eliminate calcium build up. Just drain the sediment again and flush with fresh water before taking a shower!
I did not know hot water heaters have anodes to prevent corrosion.

I had a hot water heater with a ten-year warranty fail in eight years. It’s replacement failed eight months ago after 12 years in service. Luckily, replacing it as a DIY project was easy since it was originally connected to stainless steel braided water supply lines instead of being directly connected to the copper pipes.
criticalmass

Post by criticalmass »

bgvg wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:59 pm I did not know hot water heaters have anodes.

I had a hot water heater with a ten-year warranty fail in eight years. It’s replacement failed eight months ago after 12 years in service. Luckily, replacing it as a DIY project was easy since it was originally connected to stainless steel braided water supply lines instead of being directly connected to the copper pipes.
Every hot water tank has an anode (or had one when it left the factory.) While inspection/replacement is described in the manual fine print, most people don't bother. Many plumbers don't bother discussing or offering to check with customers either. Bradford White, the brand made for plumbers, takes it a step further and puts all anode rods at the plumbing connections, so you can't simply remove the anode rod without taking the plumbing apart.

Selling and replacing water tanks is a very lucrative business. Replacing anodes is not, and avoids tank replacement for many, many years past the "normal" lifetime if the anode is ignored. Most folks just think they need to replace the entire tank after x years. In reality a functioning anode will keep the tank from ever rusting. (It won't prevent sediment buildup and won't keep an $18 element from eventually wearing out or a gas burner from needing cleaning).

Magnesium anodes are better for health than aluminum (if water from the water heater tank gets inside your body) and doesn't create the white corrosion byproducts that cover the bottom of the tank (and occasionally faucet screens). But some water conditions work better with aluminum.
lazydavid

Post by lazydavid »

criticalmass wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:00 pm Note that the 6 year tank has one anode rod. The main difference with the pricier 12 year tank is a second rod (the second rod is at the inlet, so hard to replace). When the rods are gone, the tank will corrode. Or just check the primary rod every year or two, and replace when necessary. Calcium carbonate and other stuff can still build up on electric elements (if equipped) and at the tank bottom, so flushing every 6 months or so is still important. Adding a gallon or two of food grade vinegar for a few hours can eliminate calcium build up. Just drain the sediment again and flush with fresh water before taking a shower!
This is not correct. The 12-year comes with a 3x larger anode rod--0.9" in diameter, vs. 0.5" in the 6-year. The input is just a dip tube, which can be easily confirmed by looking at the service diagram in the manual. Additionally, while Rheem sells lots of replacement anode rods through their parts site, not one of them is a combination anode/inlet.

Unfortunately all this is moot, as the anode is not actually removable. Neither I nor my plumber was able to break the new one loose using a breaker bar and a cheater pipe. I suppose I could try an impact gun, but my plumber suggested I just let it be, rather than risk damaging the tank. I'm not too worried about it at any rate, since I've never seen a tank failure, which is the usual mode of failure when the anode wears out. I've replaced burners, thermostats, gas valves, thermocouples, lots of things, but never had a tank break and start leaking. So the larger anode rod and longer warranty is enough peace of mind for me.
criticalmass

Post by criticalmass »

lazydavid wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:53 am
criticalmass wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:00 pm Note that the 6 year tank has one anode rod. The main difference with the pricier 12 year tank is a second rod (the second rod is at the inlet, so hard to replace). When the rods are gone, the tank will corrode. Or just check the primary rod every year or two, and replace when necessary. Calcium carbonate and other stuff can still build up on electric elements (if equipped) and at the tank bottom, so flushing every 6 months or so is still important. Adding a gallon or two of food grade vinegar for a few hours can eliminate calcium build up. Just drain the sediment again and flush with fresh water before taking a shower!
This is not correct. The 12-year comes with a 3x larger anode rod--0.9" in diameter, vs. 0.5" in the 6-year. The input is just a dip tube, which can be easily confirmed by looking at the service diagram in the manual. Additionally, while Rheem sells lots of replacement anode rods through their parts site, not one of them is a combination anode/inlet.

Unfortunately all this is moot, as the anode is not actually removable. Neither I nor my plumber was able to break the new one loose using a breaker bar and a cheater pipe. I suppose I could try an impact gun, but my plumber suggested I just let it be, rather than risk damaging the tank. I'm not too worried about it at any rate, since I've never seen a tank failure, which is the usual mode of failure when the anode wears out. I've replaced burners, thermostats, gas valves, thermocouples, lots of things, but never had a tank break and start leaking. So the larger anode rod and longer warranty is enough peace of mind for me.
Thanks for confirming. I'll add Rheem to the Do Not Buy list. The difference in cost of a larger/ wider anode they offer is trivial compared to the higher tank cost they charge. Making it impossible to remove is the icing on the cake for Rheem profits..
Hopefully Rheem uses magnesium for their non removable anodes, not aluminum. Aluminum corroding rods really generate a lot of flaky/slimy white byproduct, and aluminum is not good for human consumption (although you should not drink water from the water heater as a general rule).
lazydavid

Post by lazydavid »

criticalmass wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:05 am Thanks for confirming. I'll add Rheem to the Do Not Buy list. The difference in cost of a larger/ wider anode they offer is trivial compared to the higher tank cost they charge. Making it impossible to remove is the icing on the cake for Rheem profits..
Hopefully Rheem uses magnesium for their non removable anodes, not aluminum. Aluminum corroding rods really generate a lot of flaky/slimy white byproduct, and aluminum is not good for human consumption (although you should not drink water from the water heater as a general rule).
The stock rods are Magnesium. Replacements are available in both metals, because my understanding is that Aluminum is a better choice when the water is very hard.

So since Rheem is on your do not buy list for this reason, and I presume Bradford White is on it because they combine the dip tube with the rod (making it very difficult to replace), I guess AO Smith is your only option. Unless their rods are difficult to remove too, in which case you have to revert to a pot on the stove. :)
criticalmass

Post by criticalmass »

lazydavid wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:22 am
criticalmass wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:05 am Thanks for confirming. I'll add Rheem to the Do Not Buy list. The difference in cost of a larger/ wider anode they offer is trivial compared to the higher tank cost they charge. Making it impossible to remove is the icing on the cake for Rheem profits..
The stock rods are Magnesium. Replacements are available in both metals, because my understanding is that Aluminum is a better choice when the water is very hard.

So since Rheem is on your do not buy list for this reason, and I presume Bradford White is on it because they combine the dip tube with the rod (making it very difficult to replace), I guess AO Smith is your only option. Unless their rods are difficult to remove too, in which case you have to revert to a pot on the stove. :)
Bradford Whites are designed for plumber profits, not consumers or homeowners. i check anodes every 12-18 months and replace when about 3/4 gone. Current tank is over 30 years and going strong, with some inexpensive new parts added over the years.
Last edited by criticalmass on Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.