Financial Psychology

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
AnnetteLouisan

Financial Psychology

Post by AnnetteLouisan »

I know someone who is quite well off, I’d say in the top 1/4 of BHler wealth.

But this person seems to be descended from Ebenezer Scrooge, except he‘d likely take Scrooge to task for his large dwelling, fancy clothes/hat and club membership. He‘s so consumed with saving a few cents that he‘s destroyed everything and everyone near him. I‘m concerned it is due to trauma - he grew up in a war - or some mental problem. If anyone has insight into this and is willing to discuss it please PM me or comment below.
arcticpineapplecorp.

Re: Financial Psychology

Post by arcticpineapplecorp. »

trauma and malnutrition can lead to this:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/for-many- ... y-torment/

can't give medical advice here but he may be dealing with post traumatic stress disorder. only a professional would know for sure.
It's hard to accept the truth when the lies were exactly what you wanted to hear. Investing is simple, but not easy. Buy, hold & rebalance low cost index funds & manage taxable events. Asking Portfolio Questions | Wiki
Topic Author
AnnetteLouisan

Post by AnnetteLouisan »

Just read the article- thank you! A lot of it sounds very much like him. So dreadful that these effects would persist so long!
runner3081

Post by runner3081 »

Maybe this person is happy? Do you know he is not?
Flyer24

Post by Flyer24 »

Topic is locked. Medical issues (including mental) are off-topic for this forum.