Microwave ovens with rotating turntable/plate

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
JS-Elcano

Re: Microwave ovens with rotating turntable/plate

Post by JS-Elcano »

Interesting question. :wink:

I have never owned a microwave.

Strangely enough, even the apartments I rented for 9 years before I bough a house didn’t have one.
Kagord

Post by Kagord »

RubyTuesday wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:03 pm Our Mw turn table rotates one full revolution every 20 seconds. If you stop, it reverses direction next time.
hmm, I wonder if it's an AC motor?
FreeAtLast

Post by FreeAtLast »

Teague wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:14 pm Astley, R.; Faraday, M.: A multi-institutional analysis of estimated benefits of rotating platter oscillation pattern modification on semi-collimated contained electromagnetic domestic food preparation devices. J. Culinary Forensics 132: 15-24., 1994.
You almost had me there for one millisecond...then I re-read the authors' names. Good job! Oscillation pattern modification, indeed.
Illegitimi non carborundum.
telemark

Post by telemark »

dcare wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:22 am For both of my microwaves, full size whirlpool, the rotation time - handle front to handle front is 10 seconds. It is actually quite precise.
Same with my compact LG model, and since it only accepts times in 10-second increments, it does always end in the same position, unless I interrupt it by hitting the Stop button or opening the door.
Brianmcg321

Post by Brianmcg321 »

Luckywon wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:32 pm
Brianmcg321 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:21 pm Mine always ends up at its start position as long as you use :10 intervals.
Maybe if you use :10 intervals it doesn't turn? Just considering all possibilities.
LOL. No it turns. I just did an experiment.
Rules to investing: | 1. Don't lose money. | 2. Don't forget rule number 1.
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

Teague wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:56 pm This raises an important question: What if the summed rotations from microwaves, garbage disposals, salad spinners, washing machines, and so on do not entirely cancel each other out? Might we, as a planet, accumulate a big enough "turntable gap" to perturb our orbit about the sun, precession of our rotational axis, or other measure of Newtonian propriety to a point that threatens our ecosystems, precious bodily fluids or, yea, our fundamental American Way of Life?
It's probably catastrophic, including all of those effects.
A single butterfly beating its wings is apparently enough.

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
Teague

Post by Teague »

FreeAtLast wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:12 pm
Teague wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:14 pm Astley, R.; Faraday, M.: A multi-institutional analysis of estimated benefits of rotating platter oscillation pattern modification on semi-collimated contained electromagnetic domestic food preparation devices. J. Culinary Forensics 132: 15-24., 1994.
You almost had me there for one millisecond...then I re-read the authors' names. Good job! Oscillation pattern modification, indeed.
:D
Semper Augustus
nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius »

Nowadays microwave ovens just fall apart; the center cannot hold. Maybe the gyre needs tightening.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.
UpperNwGuy

Post by UpperNwGuy »

livesoft wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:52 pm I'm doing my abs workouts while the MW is zapping, so I do not have time to pay attention to what the turntable is doing:
viewtopic.php?p=2242092#p2242092
Are still doing Russian twists?
Topic Author
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

UpperNwGuy wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:17 pmAre still doing Russian twists?
Yes, I mix things up, so not every day. How about yourself?
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.
dru808

Post by dru808 »

😂 never even thought about it. I wonder if a high end one would have that functionality?
1 fund
dru808

Post by dru808 »

JS-Elcano wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:05 pm Interesting question. :wink:

Strangely enough, even the apartments I rented for 9 years before I bough a house didn’t have one.
I imagine you’d bring your own in most apartment rental situations. Not a necessity, one more thing to go wrong that the landlord would have to take care of.
1 fund
Kenkat

Post by Kenkat »

I am sure the technology to return a turntable to it's original position exists. The question to ask, however, is how much more would you be willing to pay for this? $20? $50? Or maybe it would be a feature only on the Super Deluxe Gallery Profile Signature Double Plus Good line.
JS-Elcano

Post by JS-Elcano »

dru808 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:34 pm
JS-Elcano wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:05 pm Interesting question. :wink:

I imagine you’d bring your own in most apartment rental situations. Not a necessity, one more thing to go wrong that the landlord would have to take care of.
That makes sense. Now that I think about it, my friends in other rentals usually had a microwave just sitting out on a counter, which they probably bought themselves.
ElJefeDelQueso

Post by ElJefeDelQueso »

livesoft wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:03 am Does your microwave oven turntable no matter what the "cook" time always return to its starting position?

That is, if you put a dish or cup with a handle in the microwave, will the handle be in the same location when you open the microwave door? Or will it be rotated off to the side or the back where you cannot reach it? I can see that turntables are probably set to rotate once per 30 seconds, so that the popular cook times of 30 and 60 seconds do get back to where they started. (Yes, I know one can manually rotate the glass plate themselves.)
I only use radially symmetric food preparation containers, so I have no idea what you mean.
UpperNwGuy

Post by UpperNwGuy »

livesoft wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:21 pm
UpperNwGuy wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:17 pmAre still doing Russian twists?
Yes, I mix things up, so not every day. How about yourself?
I mix things up, too. Plenty of planks, bridges, dead bugs, bird dogs, squats, Russian twists, etc.
nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius »

This one is on the Shapeways site (3D-printed, don't know if you can just buy it)

Last edited by nisiprius on Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.
Chip

Post by Chip »

FreeAtLast wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:12 pm
Wow. It went right by me. I haven't seen a Rick-roll in 20 years. I tried looking up the origins of it on Alta Vista but none of the first 10 pages of search results were relevant.

Teague: :beer
palaheel

Post by palaheel »

Mine automatically puts the mug handle facing away from the door.
Nothing to say, really.
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

retiredjg wrote: .. . Along with this thread. I don't have a microwave, but now I'm gonna go play with my insinkerator!
No microwave?! Then how do you cook your oatmeal? Livesoft cooks his oatmeal in his microwave mixed with Dr. Pepper 8-)
retiredjg

Post by retiredjg »

Miriam2 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:14 pm
retiredjg wrote: .. . Along with this thread. I don't have a microwave, but now I'm gonna go play with my insinkerator!
No microwave?! Then how do you cook your oatmeal? Livesoft cooks his oatmeal in his microwave mixed with Dr. Pepper 8-)
If I were to cook oatmeal, it would be in a pot on the stove....and UGH!... would not involve any Dr. Pepper. :shock: Apologies to Chef Livesoft.
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

retiredjg wrote:
Miriam2 wrote:
If I were to cook oatmeal, it would be in a pot on the stove....and UGH!... would not involve any Dr. Pepper. :shock: Apologies to Chef Livesoft.

Livesoft also uses barbells and strengthens his abs by doing crunches while waiting for his oatmeal & Dr. Pepper to cook in his microwave, and he has reported that his abs are "awesome." Now that's a nice benefit, retiredjg :D

www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 0#p2242092
Last edited by Miriam2 on Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
retiredjg

Post by retiredjg »

I'm at a loss for words here....
ElJefeDelQueso

Post by ElJefeDelQueso »

nisiprius wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:34 am Image

This one is on the Shapeways site (3D-printed, don't know if you can just buy it)

This has me rethinking my handleless mugs. Innovative.
MiddleOfTheRoad

Post by MiddleOfTheRoad »

livesoft wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:38 pm I do not like to move my finger so much, so I use 11 instead of 10, 22 instead of 20, 44 instead of 45. Of course, I use the 'Quick 30' instead of 33.
I do this, although for a different reason :twisted: . I want to evenly distribute the utilization of all the buttons on the touch pads. Some times, instead of using the common “1”, “2” or “3” number, I would input the number of seconds instead. For example 1 minute 30 sec, I push 88 and then start. Use 55 or 66 for 1 minute etc :P
Sandtrap
Location: Hawaii No Ka Oi - white sandy beaches, N. Arizona 1 mile high.

Post by Sandtrap »

Microwave oatmeal procedure: (varies depending on person)

1. 2 serving steel cut oats in a deep small/medium bowl
2. Add water or "rice dream milk" or "soy milk", etc, to proportion.
3. Cover bowl, heat in microwave. 30 seconds if water comes boiling from a "hot pot", then let sit for 30 minutes, add raisins, soy butter, tad brown sugar, mix, cover, heat for 1 minute, stir, serve.
4. If not water, and cold liquid, then watch very carefully for boil over in the microwave, stop just as it's about to create a mess, cover, let sit for 30-60 minutes. Add fixins and if needed a tad more "rice dream milk". Heat and let sit covered for awhile. Serve.

Notes:
Position bowl in center of the microwave turntable.
Be sure bowl is deep enough to allow for the oatmeal puffing up as it is heated, so no boil over.
Ample sitting time while sitting is important for "non instant oatmeal" (the only kind).
The raisins will puff up if stirred into the oatmeal and reheated and covered for long enough.
Raisins are as good as prunes to some folks that don't like prunes.
Raisins are made from grapes.
Prunes are made from plums.
30-60+ covered sit time varies depending on size of mug of coffee and time on the "bogleheads.org" forum at dawn.

dis laimers:
wattage of microwave changes above timing.
position on microwave turntable will change the timing
if using a round bowl, then stopping position of turntable is irrelevant

j :D
Wiki Bogleheads Wiki: Everything You Need to Know
Topic Author
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

I learned from this thread to observe my turntable rotation. Sometimes it goes clockwise and sometimes counterclockwise though it does not alternate between the two directions. That is, if it went CCW before, it may go CCW the next time or CW. The rotation rate is NOT one turn per 10 seconds. Because it is changing directions it does take up the backlash which can be as much a 45 degrees.

As for Sandtrap's latest directions, my oatmeal never boils over or explodes or makes a mess because I use a huge glass mixing bowl with a handle (like this one from Target) when I make oatmeal. Also never zap for more than one minute before stirring the oatmeal with a wooden spoon. I don't have to cover the bowl either. The handle does not get hot in the microwave, so I do not need to use a mitt or pad to pick it up. Also I use a non-large wooden spoon to mix/stir and eat the oatmeal, so that I can leave the spoon in the bowl from start to finish including when in the microwave and after cooking when eating. l use the same bowl as a sink, so no pot to clean up.

I did laugh at nisiprius's octopus cup, but it would be a nightmare to have some of those in the kitchen cupboard or cabinet.
retiredjg

Post by retiredjg »

I learned that my insinkerator always turns counter-clockwise (or at least 10 out of 10 times).

The octopus cup made me laugh too. The easiest solution may be to use a cup with no handle.
Sandtrap

Post by Sandtrap »

livesoft wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:44 am I learned from this thread to observe my turntable rotation. Sometimes it goes clockwise and sometimes counterclockwise though it does not alternate between the two directions. That is, if it went CCW before, it may go CCW the next time or CW. The rotation rate is NOT one turn per 10 seconds. Because it is changing directions it does take up the backlash which can be as much a 45 degrees.

As for Sandtrap's latest directions, my oatmeal never boils over or explodes or makes a mess because I use a huge glass mixing bowl with a handle (like this one from Target) when I make oatmeal. Also never zap for more than one minute before stirring the oatmeal with a wooden spoon. I don't have to cover the bowl either. The handle does not get hot in the microwave, so I do not need to use a mitt or pad to pick it up. Also I use a non-large wooden spoon to mix/stir and eat the oatmeal, so that I can leave the spoon in the bowl from start to finish including when in the microwave and after cooking when eating. l use the same bowl as a sink, so no pot to clean up.

I did laugh at nisiprius's octopus cup, but it would be a nightmare to have some of those in the kitchen cupboard or cabinet.
Great tips and recommendations.
I will try a larger bowl.
Still keeping to centering on the rotating platter of the microwave.
Thanks!

However, I'm hesitant on the wooden spoon for eating. They tend to emit wood splinters.
Somewhat like disposable snap open wooden chopsticks from Panda Express that give off wood splinters.

Mahalo,
Topic Author
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

Sandtrap wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:10 pmHowever, I'm hesitant on the wooden spoon for eating. They tend to emit wood splinters.
No splinters from my bamboo spoons in 10 years, but it is something to watch for.
Sandtrap

Post by Sandtrap »

livesoft wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:15 pm
Sandtrap wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:10 pmHowever, I'm hesitant on the wooden spoon for eating. They tend to emit wood splinters.
No splinters from my bamboo spoons in 10 years, but it is something to watch for.
Thank you.

There were all sorts of unsavory things that bamboo was used for in SouthEast Asia in the 60's that come to mind with the image of a bamboo spoon in a bowl of wet oatmeal in a microwave oven. Thus, my caution.

There's also the length of the spoon so as not to hang up on the microwave inner cabinet during platen rotation.

I have ordered the bowl and lid that you recommended. (mahalo!)
Aloha
Topic Author
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

Sandtrap wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:19 pmThere's also the length of the spoon so as not to hang up on the microwave inner cabinet during platen rotation.
Indeed, one has to have a non-large spoon that fits, but also not so small that it slides down sideways under the oatmeal inside the bowl. There are some silicone spoons that might work instead of wooden ones, but once again sizing is important.
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

livesoft wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:03 am Does your microwave oven turntable no matter what the "cook" time always return to its starting position?

That is, if you put a dish or cup with a handle in the microwave, will the handle be in the same location when you open the microwave door? Or will it be rotated off to the side or the back where you cannot reach it? I can see that turntables are probably set to rotate once per 30 seconds, so that the popular cook times of 30 and 60 seconds do get back to where they started. (Yes, I know one can manually rotate the glass plate themselves.)
Yes.

I haven't timed it but I'm pretty sure mine is less than 30 seconds per rotation. Enough less that the cook times can readily be set (by the oven) to be multiples of one rotation.
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker (aka S.O.B.), the Cowboy Poet
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

Sandtrap wrote: Microwave oatmeal procedure: (varies depending on person) . . .
And what about your abs?
livesoft wrote: I learned from this thread to observe my turntable rotation. . . . my oatmeal never boils over or explodes or makes a mess because I use a huge glass mixing bowl with a handle (like this one from Target) when I make oatmeal. . . .
So how are your abs?
Topic Author
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

Miriam2 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:14 pmSo how are your abs?
My abs are still totally awesome! Thanks for asking. I always win the family abs contest held the day after Thanksgiving.
bhsince87

Post by bhsince87 »

nhs76 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:27 pm Most of the time, we use CDs rather than a turntable. However, their interest rates are pretty low.
Have you ever put an old CD in a microwave? I've done it many times. It's quite interesting, actually.

You might want to google for some videos before you try it yourself.
Time is what we want most, but what we use worst. William Penn
JoMoney

Post by JoMoney »

dcare wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:22 am For both of my microwaves, full size whirlpool, the rotation time - handle front to handle front is 10 seconds. It is actually quite precise.
After being curious from the OP, I tested and found what you already reported. My Whirlpool microwave does one rotation in precisely 10 seconds. If the microwave time is increments of 10 seconds it will end where it started, if the cook time is something other than a factor of 10 seconds, it ends some fraction off based on the 10 second revolution time.
"To achieve satisfactory investment results is easier than most people realize; to achieve superior results is harder than it looks." - Benjamin Graham
Topic Author
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

^My microwave also rotates once per 10 seconds, but because of the backlash in the gear(s) it does not end up where it started if one uses an integral number of 10 seconds for a cook time.
JoMoney

Post by JoMoney »

I wonder if places/countries that use 50Hz rather than 60Hz for AC impacts Microwave turntable rotation time.
"To achieve satisfactory investment results is easier than most people realize; to achieve superior results is harder than it looks." - Benjamin Graham
Broken Man 1999

Post by Broken Man 1999 »

Our new microwave is higher than our old over the range one.

I only nuke popcorn, and I use a wooden spoon to set the time. When the popping stops, I use the wooden spoon to drag the bag forward if it can't be reached.

Doesn't matter where the bag ends up, the spoon can drag it out.

After I get the bag out, I use the spoon to clear the time remaining.

Works fine for me.

I use the Costco Kirkland brand of popcorn. Very good, and pretty consistent time-wise, about 3.5 minutes.

Broken Man 1999
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven then I shall not go." - Mark Twain
bhsince87

Post by bhsince87 »

Sandtrap wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:28 am Microwave oatmeal procedure: (varies depending on person)

Notes:

Theoretically, you are better off placing the bowl away from the center.

The microwaves inside the unit can create various patterns of standing waves. This results in some areas where there is low power density (possibly even zero), some areas with high power densities, and many areas with levels in between.

The patterns vary depending on the shape, size, and electrical properties of the food and it's container.

The purpose of the "fan", "propeller", or mode stirrer, is to help vary these patterns and make them more random over time.

The turntable is a lower-tech alternative that attempts to solve the power variance issues by moving the item between various locations inside the oven. Some ovens use one or the other, many use both.

If you put the item dead center on the turntable, you might be placing it in a power null, or possibly in a peak
power location. If you locate it further out, it will travel through a larger space, and be statistically more likely to move through locations of various power densities over time.

Disclosure: Although I once had the title "Senior Microwave Engineer", I have never actually designed a microwave oven.
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

Sandtrap wrote: Microwave oatmeal procedure: (varies depending on person)
Notes:
bhsince87 wrote: Theoretically, you are better off placing the bowl away from the center.

The microwaves inside the unit can create various patterns of standing waves. This results in some areas where there is low power density (possibly even zero), some areas with high power densities, and many areas with levels in between.

The patterns vary depending on the shape, size, and electrical properties of the food and it's container.

The purpose of the "fan", "propeller", or mode stirrer, is to help vary these patterns and make them more random over time.

The turntable is a lower-tech alternative that attempts to solve the power variance issues by moving the item between various locations inside the oven. Some ovens use one or the other, many use both.

If you put the item dead center on the turntable, you might be placing it in a power null, or possibly in a peak
power location. If you locate it further out, it will travel through a larger space, and be statistically more likely to move through locations of various power densities over time.

Disclosure: Although I once had the title "Senior Microwave Engineer", I have never actually designed a microwave oven.

I read your amazing post, bhsince87, and I thought, "Does this guy know what he's saying or is this just words?" Then I read that you held the title of "Senior Microwave Engineer" !!! This is really cool!! I'm sure Livesoft had no idea his thread would be visited by a Senior Microwave engineer!

So, can you design a microwave where Sandtrap and I can place our bowls in the center of the microwave? - because it bothers my sense of order and creates anxiety if my bowl is off-center :annoyed
bhsince87

Post by bhsince87 »

Miriam2 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:58 pm

I read your amazing post, bhsince87, and I thought, "Does this guy know what he's saying or is this just words?" Then I read that you held the title of "Senior Microwave Engineer" !!! This is really cool!! I'm sure Livesoft had no idea his thread would be visited by a Senior Microwave engineer!

So, can you design a microwave where Sandtrap and I can place our bowls in the center of the microwave? - because it bothers my sense of order and creates anxiety if my bowl is off-center :annoyed
If it makes you feel better, just put it in the center. I appreciate aesthetics too.
GAAP

Post by GAAP »

The turntable in this house does just rotate at approximately 20 seconds per rotations, so the ending angle can vary.

The "turntable" in the prior house was actually rectangular, where the rotational movement of the motor was converted to a rectangular movement for the tray. This meant that the dish being heated always kept the same orientation, but the tray itself could be in a different location.
“Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.” ― Bruce Lee
Sandtrap

Post by Sandtrap »

Given a
1100 watt microwave
12 inch diameter turntable
Rotating at 10 second intervals
Distance from turntable to interior cabinet ceiling is 9 inches.
Missing variables??

What is the optimal placement of a standard size 12 oz. ceramic mug filled with cold Kona Coffee from the center of the turntable?

Any JPL engineers or others on this?

Where do the microwaves emit in a microwave?
j🌺
Topic Author
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

Sandtrap wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:24 pmWhat is the optimal placement of standard size 12 oz. ceramic mug filled with cold Kona Coffee from the center of the turntable?
Depends on whether the mug has an MIT logo, CMU logo, or Stanford logo.
NotGreatBob

Post by NotGreatBob »

nisiprius wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:16 pm Nowadays microwave ovens just fall apart; the center cannot hold. Maybe the gyre needs tightening.
And what rough <beep!>, its hour come round at last...
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

bhsince87 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:01 pm
Sandtrap wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:28 am Microwave oatmeal procedure: (varies depending on person)

Notes:

Theoretically, you are better off placing the bowl away from the center.

It's more complicated than that. Here's a good explanation (intended for RF engineers): Why Does a Microwave Heat Food Unevenly?

Food is nothing more than a broadband RF load that changes the VSWR inside the cavity. It's also very difficult, if not impossible, to model. See this paper (found via a google search): Frequency Distribution in Domestic Microwave Ovens and Its Influence on Heating Pattern - the conclusion explains why.

Disclosure: I once held the title of "Senior RF engineer", but always signed it as "Señora RF engineer". Let's just say I had lots of fun with that. Likewise, I never actually designed a microwave oven.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Sandtrap wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:24 pm Given a
1100 watt microwave
12 inch diameter turntable
Rotating at 10 second intervals
Distance from turntable to interior cabinet ceiling is 9 inches.
Missing variables??

What is the optimal placement of a standard size 12 oz. ceramic mug filled with cold Kona Coffee from the center of the turntable?

Any JPL engineers or others on this?

Where do the microwaves emit in a microwave?
j🌺
Microwave ovens emit in the 2.4 GHz ISM radio band band (2400-2500 MHz). Due to the inexpensive receivers in your wi-fi equipment, your wi-fi can be interfered with by a microwave oven in close proximity.

Just put your mug in the center of the turntable and don't worry about it.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
bhsince87

Post by bhsince87 »

LadyGeek wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:54 pm

Disclosure: I once held the title of "Senior RF engineer", but always signed it as "Señora RF engineer". Let's just say I had lots of fun with that. Likewise, I never actually designed a microwave oven.
I never realized you were a fellow member of the RF/Microwave club. You are a true geek!