Cracked Screen on Brand New Moto Edge Phone

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Horsefly

Cracked Screen on Brand New Moto Edge Phone

Post by Horsefly »

I did a search that mainly found topics on iPhones.

I bought the brand new (2021) Motorola Edge phone. I got it on the pre-release $200 discount.

Everyone in my family (DW, and both daughters) has cracked a screen on their phone before. I had been lucky to this point. The phone was new enough that there were not many choices on Amazon for cases, and none had any reviews. So I waited for a few days. Meanwhile, the metal case back on this phone is very slick, and the phone is probably an inch longer than my previous phone. Anyway, it fell a few times to the floor, but every time I looked at it and didn't see any cracks. Today I looked at it from an angle and saw that there was a diagonal crack from the upper left down to the lower right. Ugh!

There are companies that claim to do screen repair here in the Denver area. I have two questions: (1) Is it a safe bet that none of these shops have access yet to a replacement screen for this brand new model? (2) About how much is a fair price for a screen repair? (I don't want to hear what the Apple stores charge for iPhones, as it is not applicable)