temporary unfreeze via Experian portal

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
avidracer

temporary unfreeze via Experian portal

Post by avidracer »

Has anyone recently tried to unfreeze your credit at Experian? Have they not made it very tedious to go about with this? :oops: They have a very similar paid product that they seem to push hard. I do not see such an overhanded approach at the other two bureaus (tarnsunion and equifax) yet. The following seem to be the direct link to unfreeze Vs their paid product they insist on you signing up
https://www.experian.com/ncaconline/removefreeze
RickBoglehead

Re: temporary unfreeze via Experian portal

Post by RickBoglehead »

Avid user of forums on variety of interests-financial, home brewing, F-150, EV, home repair, etc. Enjoy learning & passing on knowledge. It's PRINCIPAL, not PRINCIPLE. I ADVISE you to seek ADVICE.
ThereAreNoGurus

Post by ThereAreNoGurus »

I recently unfroze twice with them. Online did not work at all for me. It never has. (One time, even spent a lot of time with "customer" support).

Recently, I did it twice by phone (automated) and had no problem.

(I hate that crappy company for a variety of reasons, but this isn't the place to vent)
Trade the news and you will lose.
investingdad

Post by investingdad »

Unfroze all three very recently for a transaction. Did it online. No problems. Very quick.
F150HD

Post by F150HD »

avidracer wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:01 pm Have they not made it very tedious to go about with this? :oops: They have a very similar paid product that they seem to push hard.
you mean
Experian CreditWorks℠ Plus
and it can be confusing the first few times one accesses their account. Its not needed.