RELIABLE wireless headset

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
28fe6

RELIABLE wireless headset

Post by 28fe6 »

I like to have a wireless headset I can use to talk on the phone or listen to podcasts while exercising or doing chores.

I used to have a Plantronics Voyager Legend that did the job, it was a single-ear unit with a charging case. But I ran into a string of bad ones that failed right out of warranty or developed bad voice quality. Now they are discontinued, and they were like $200.

I'm currently scraping along with wired earbuds, because at least they work, but they don't work with my iPhone. But getting tired of the wires.

What do others do? If I up my budget to $500, would I actually get something better? Or should I just buy half dozen $30 units and plan on going through them every so often?
elle

Re: RELIABLE wireless headset

Post by elle »

I have a jabra 75t. Recently lost my first set (don’t ask) and replaced it with the latest version.
jarjarM

Post by jarjarM »

AirPod? The only problem with them is that ppl don’t realize you have them on you and start talking and then you’ll have to give them a blank look :beer
mhalley

Post by mhalley »

$500 headsets are for audiophiles, not needed for podcasts and phone calls. Bluetooth basically works or it doesn’t. I have a cheap pair of Sony’s that were 18 bucks that work fine. If they break, just get a new pair.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q7 ... UTF8&psc=1
If you want actual headset instead of earbuds, the Sony noise cancelling ones always get excellent reviews.
onourway

Post by onourway »

If you have an iPhone and want reliable, a pair of Airpods is a no-brainer. They work flawlessly and are reasonably priced for what they are.
happyisland

Post by happyisland »

elle wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:09 am I have a jabra 75t. Recently lost my first set (don’t ask) and replaced it with the latest version.
+1
I have had the jabra 65t for years and they work perfectly for podcasts, music and phone calls.
UTgrad

Post by UTgrad »

I had some jaybird a few years back that were good, I use sony at my computer and they have excellent noise cancelling tech. Bose ones should be good as well. I have some samsung buds+ that serve me well. Then there are the airpods if you are on apple they pair seamlessly. I know beats are more about marketing and somewhat overpriced, but I've heard good things about them. If you are particular about sound quality try some audio technica. But to be honest. The ones I personally wear the most when listening to podcasts are my oneplus bullets wireless z. The battery life is just so long and they are always handy that I just grab em. The samsung ones I sometimes lose the charging case. My wife loves to put my headphones to wash and she's done so with the oneplus and they just keep working. Granted, they may not be the best in every category but they are reliable, long battery life, fast charging and cheap. They were recently on special for $35 and they were sold out. They're now back to like $50 and I might pickup another pair because they are starting to rip at the ends due to my son spinning them around like a helicopter propeller.
ScubaHogg

Post by ScubaHogg »

onourway wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:49 am If you have an iPhone and want reliable, a pair of Airpods is a no-brainer. They work flawlessly and are reasonably priced for what they are.
I didn’t think they would be that great and then I got some. They are awesome and “just work.”

If you have an iPhone your search is over
“Conventional Treasury rates are risk free only in the sense that they guarantee nominal principal. But their real rate of return is uncertain until after the fact.” -Risk Less and Prosper
FinanceGeek

Post by FinanceGeek »

Jabra Engage 75 has been reliable and has tremendous range (like 100 meters).
rockAction

Post by rockAction »

I love my Sennheiser over-the-ear headset. Sound is amazing, and for $99, they are an incredible value. Long battery life, too. Owned for years and have had zero problems.

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-4- ... mp_s_a_1_3?
40% VT | 20% Global SCV | 20% LTPZ | 10% I-Bonds | 10% Cash