Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board recommendations?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
mtb286

Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board recommendations?

Post by mtb286 »

I'm looking for an inflatable SUP. I have some solid boards already but figure the versatility of an inflatable will be nice every once in a while. It'll be used mostly for flat water but want something for some that can handle some waves as well. Looking for something at least 10'6" long and 31" wide. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance
scophreak

Re: Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board recommendations?

Post by scophreak »

Decided to get an inflatable this year as well and went with an iRocker. Only used it a couple of times but seems fairly solid. Package did come with kayak conversion kit (seat and convertible paddle) which is actually quite nice...
Psu4lif

Post by Psu4lif »

I've bought two in the past month. Both work fine on our local state park lake. Both thru Amazon. Roc Alliance HD is only 10 feet and a Funwater 11 which is 11 feet. Roc has the better backpack and pump versus Funwater. Both are stable and fine for a low budget entry level isup. can't speak to waves. also looked at IRocker and Bluefin. Almost went with a Bluefin Cruise 15 to be able to fit the kids and dog but decided to go low budget for now. Dog gets to ride in the tandem kayak with me for now.
mtn biker

Post by mtn biker »

I like my Paddle North board, and the bow that comes more to a point is helpful for any waves you encounter.

https://paddlenorth.com/collections/boa ... portager-1

Solid construction, and the pressure release port is huge, many boards are ruined when they pop in the sun.
sailaway

Post by sailaway »

We got the Body Glove Performer from Costco and are happy with it so far. Laughed myself silly when I fell over backwards and landed on my hiney without falling off.
michaelingp

Post by michaelingp »

I would recommend SeaEagle although it's 1" narrower than your spec. I don't have one, but I have one of their kayaks, and it's a quality product.
tm3

Post by tm3 »

I went through this same analysis process about 3 years ago. The biggest factor with inflatable SUPs as far as quality/performance is the max PSI they can be inflated to. As you might imagine, more expensive boards are higher PSI than less expensive boards.

I ended up biting the $$ bullet and got a Red Paddle Company board. It performs like a solid board and holds air well.
ACA

Post by ACA »

sailaway wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:53 am We got the Body Glove Performer from Costco and are happy with it so far.
We have two of these. For the price, it can’t be beat.
AS7911

Post by AS7911 »

also 2 of the Costco / Body Glove for ~$379 each... we are 100% satisfied, though to be honest, its the only one I have ever used for any length of time, so have not done a true comparative analysis
DelmarODonnell

Post by DelmarODonnell »

I just ordered 2 iSUPs, due to be delivered in September. There is a lot of discussion online about choosing a board that is worth checking out - including on Reddit. My conclusions from what I read, but not from first hand experience:
The $400-600 boards on places like Amazon are probably okay. Especially for light use. But you do get what you pay for, and I'm guessing these boards will have a shorter life. If you think you will use it a lot and keep it a long time, jumping up to the next level might be worth it.

I ended up ordering 2 Joyride boards from Hydrus. These do not include a paddle, so that is extra.

Also, consider getting an electric pump. Getting these boards up the recommended PSI with a hand pump is a workout.
Topic Author
mtb286

Post by mtb286 »

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll pick one up on Amazon that gets good reviews.