Telephone Recorder

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
NavyIC3

Telephone Recorder

Post by NavyIC3 »

Can anyone recommend a voice recorder for a landline phone connected to a modem. I want to be able to record conversations for accuracy like so many companies do. I would inform the companies that the conversation is being recorded.
jebmke

Re: Telephone Recorder

Post by jebmke »

On rare occasions I have done this for conference calls to simplify note taking. I have used the speakerphone on my cordless landline and voice recorder on my smartphone — side by side.
Stay hydrated; don't sweat the small stuff
bob60014

Post by bob60014 »

Be aware of the law(s) in your state.

https://www.justia.com/50-state-surveys ... ersations/
jebmke

Post by jebmke »

yes; I always let people know on the call and then the minutes make a note that the meeting was recorded. I delete my recording after I have finished extracting my notes.
Stay hydrated; don't sweat the small stuff
JupiterJones

Post by JupiterJones »

Assuming you're using a regular telephone handset (and not a headset), you could get an inexpensive "pickup coil". These are basically little suction cups with a microphone in them and a wire coming out that you can plug it into any recording device (tape recorder, digital recorder, cellphone, etc.)

You stick it on the handset and it lets you record both you and them.

You can get "inline" phone recording gadgets that do a more direct electronic recording of the audio, but they're more expensive.
"Stay on target! Stay on target!"
Jeep4Life

Post by Jeep4Life »

Be aware there are federal laws addressing recording telephone conversations as well as the local laws that Bob60014 mentioned earlier. OP, you can't just announce at the beginning of the call. For example, there has to be an audible tone every 60 seconds as a reminder that the call is being recorded.
dratkinson

Post by dratkinson »

Ran into this recently in another topic. Thought it was an interesting take on the subject.

OP receives a call and is told "This call may be recorded for quality control purposes."

And OP says something like, "Acknowledged. This call is being recorded."

So both should now know the other is recording the call.
d.r.a., not dr.a. | I'm a novice investor; you are forewarned.