Men - need boxer brief recommendations

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
AllMostThere

Re: Men - need boxer brief recommendations

Post by AllMostThere »

From Costco - 32 Degrees Men's Comfort Mesh Boxer Brief, 6-pack
https://www.costco.com/32-degrees-men's ... 24164.html
It is not about how much you make; it is about how much you keep and how well you invest it. - Author Unknown | Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today. - Author James Dean
kimura king

Post by kimura king »

delete
Last edited by kimura king on Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spth

Post by spth »

Boxers are a scam. Every complaint about them is solved by tighty whities. Don’t argue with the truth. I get the blue ones. Hanes or Fruit of the Loom. 😜
joaquin168q

Post by joaquin168q »

Brooks Brothers; normally way overpriced, but they have an awesome sale once a year.
stickman731

Post by stickman731 »

teCh0010 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:38 pm Check out the 32 degree boxer briefs at Costco, they are fantastic for the price.

I started wearing Patagonia boxer briefs when backpacking, these are similar and I just wear them all the time now.
I second this one and you cannot beat the price.

https://www.32degrees.com/products/mens ... iAQAvD_BwE
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

OK, it has been a few days, so surely someone has acted on this advice and is now wearing some new "boxer brief" underwear.

What is the actual verdict for those that followed any of the recommendations in this thread and changed their underwear?
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.
ThePenGuy

Post by ThePenGuy »

livesoft wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:39 am OK, it has been a few days, so surely someone has acted on this advice and is now wearing some new "boxer brief" underwear.

What is the actual verdict for those that followed any of the recommendations in this thread and changed their underwear?
I’m wearing my new Under Armour recommendation. Comfortable but why the huge label on the inside of the waste band? If I rip it off, there goes the seam. Will try the Saxx tomorrow. Thanks to Zappo.
DCChak

Post by DCChak »

jabberwockOG wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:35 am
Tiny Portfolio wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:06 am 32 degrees Active mesh boxer briefs end thread

https://www.32degrees.com/products/mens ... 8484265049
+1 - great boxer briefs for hot weather especially for the price. Buy in bulk when they go on sale. Note - these pretty run small for me. I'd recommend sizing up one size from size normally worn.
This for me too. Have been buying direct for a few years. Also recommend the workout shirts, polos and shorts.
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

ThePenGuy wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:52 am
livesoft wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:39 am OK, it has been a few days, so surely someone has acted on this advice and is now wearing some new "boxer brief" underwear.

I’m wearing my new Under Armour recommendation. Comfortable but why the huge label on the inside of the waste band? If I rip it off, there goes the seam. Will try the Saxx tomorrow. Thanks to Zappo.
Now that is useful feedback.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.
Horton

Post by Horton »

80% global equities (faith-based tilt) + 20% TIPS (LDI)
Piper59

Post by Piper59 »

Check out Baskit - I've pretty much switched over to their briefs
TexasMu

Post by TexasMu »

This thread came in very timely for me due to the DW letting me know it was time for me to upgrade my current boxer collection (and she threw away half of my boxers due to various reasons I will not divulge).

I went over to Target and picked up a 4 pack of the Pair of Thieves boxer briefs. I usually wear Banana Republic boxer briefs and I would put the Pair of Thieves right on par with BR. Bonus - half the price of BR and I can walk to the Target by me :greedy
CardinalRule

Post by CardinalRule »

Super expensive, but I have been curious about Mack Weldon. Maybe I will splurge on a single pair someday. :wink:

https://mackweldon.com/collections/boxe ... oxer-brief
Topic Author
Triple digit golfer

Post by Triple digit golfer »

I had Fruit of the Loom and Reebok before this thread and bought 32 Degrees and Under Armour since. Here are my reviews of all four.

-Fruit of the Loom Everlight "Go Active" (got a box of 3 for $5 at Target): comfortable, but ride up a little more than I'd like, especially as the day goes on, and the waist band is crappy and folds over.

-32 Degrees active mesh: comfortable, but there is a little more space than I'd like between the waist and the crotch. I'm a short guy. I find that they ride a little too low unless I bunch them up. I also don't like the mesh; it seems hotter than other kinds I've worn. The quality is fine, though, and you can't beat the price. I think they were $5 per pair online. If you like the mesh material, these are great quality for the price and honestly seem like great quality for any price.

-Reebok Pro Series Performance: these ones are really good for the price, a pack of 3 for $15 at Walmart. They were my favorite until...

-Under Armour Tech Boxerjock: these are my favorite of the bunch so far. They're normally 2 for $35, but I got them on Amazon 2 for $23. They're the tightest in general, and I've only been wearing them for about six hours. So far, I like them, although I've just been working all day. I haven't ventured out, grocery shopping, walking, lifting weights, or chasing my kid around or anything yet.

Of the ones I have, I will probably be wearing Under Armour and Reebok the most. I could see myself wearing the 32 Degrees in the winter. Next time, I would get the other material, not the active mesh. For some reason it just feels hot to me.

In general, every pair will ride up a little bit. I don't mind that. I get aggravated when the entire thing is bunched up below my junk. If it rides up an inch or so, no big deal.

I haven't tried any with a "pouch" yet. I may try that next. I see there's a brand called SHEATH that has a dual pouch, one for the pork and one for the beans. Seems like overkill to me and a lot of maintenance to keep things in their respective pouches. I'd go with a single pouch. I may order one pair of a single pouch somewhere, maybe the Armachillo from Duluth Trading which I see has a clearance for $15.
edge

Post by edge »

adidas climacool/mesh
Escapevelocity

Post by Escapevelocity »

TexasMu wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:20 pm

This thread came in very timely for me due to the DW letting me know it was time for me to upgrade my current boxer collection (and she threw away half of my boxers due to various reasons I will not divulge).

I went over to Target and picked up a 4 pack of the Pair of Thieves boxer briefs. I usually wear Banana Republic boxer briefs and I would put the Pair of Thieves right on par with BR. Bonus - half the price of BR and I can walk to the Target by me :greedy
How is it that a woman can decide to throw away a man's clothing unilaterally? What if you threw away her favorite bras because you didn't like them?
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

Triple digit golfer wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:49 pm

I had Fruit of the Loom and Reebok before this thread and bought 32 Degrees and Under Armour since. Here are my reviews of all four.

-Fruit of the Loom Everlight "Go Active" (got a box of 3 for $5 at Target): comfortable, but ride up a little more than I'd like, especially as the day goes on, and the waist band is crappy and folds over.

-32 Degrees active mesh: comfortable, but there is a little more space than I'd like between the waist and the crotch. I'm a short guy. I find that they ride a little too low unless I bunch them up. I also don't like the mesh; it seems hotter than other kinds I've worn. The quality is fine, though, and you can't beat the price. I think they were $5 per pair online. If you like the mesh material, these are great quality for the price and honestly seem like great quality for any price.

-Reebok Pro Series Performance: these ones are really good for the price, a pack of 3 for $15 at Walmart. They were my favorite until...

-Under Armour Tech Boxerjock: these are my favorite of the bunch so far. They're normally 2 for $35, but I got them on Amazon 2 for $23. They're the tightest in general, and I've only been wearing them for about six hours. So far, I like them, although I've just been working all day. I haven't ventured out, grocery shopping, walking, lifting weights, or chasing my kid around or anything yet.

Of the ones I have, I will probably be wearing Under Armour and Reebok the most. I could see myself wearing the 32 Degrees in the winter. Next time, I would get the other material, not the active mesh. For some reason it just feels hot to me.

In general, every pair will ride up a little bit. I don't mind that. I get aggravated when the entire thing is bunched up below my junk. If it rides up an inch or so, no big deal.

I haven't tried any with a "pouch" yet. I may try that next. I see there's a brand called SHEATH that has a dual pouch, one for the pork and one for the beans. Seems like overkill to me and a lot of maintenance to keep things in their respective pouches. I'd go with a single pouch. I may order one pair of a single pouch somewhere, maybe the Armachillo from Duluth Trading which I see has a clearance for $15.
You should design your own boxer briefs and sell them. Then you can quit your day job. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Topic Author
Triple digit golfer

anon_investor wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:36 pm

You should design your own boxer briefs and sell them. Then you can quit your day job. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Boglewear. It'll come with a guide covering various topics.

Diversify - get multiple patterns/designs in a single "package" (pun intended).
Definitely put all your eggs in one basket, or pouch, that is.
Minimize chafing.
Don't tinker; no doing the old not-so-subtle leg spread to separate things
Never bear too much or too little skin.
Sage16

Post by Sage16 »

Costco for every day wear.
Exofficio for travel due to quick drying
Bogle on investing: Diversify, focus on low costs, invest for the long term. Don't speculate and don't be distracted by volatility.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

Triple digit golfer wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:14 pm

Minimize chafing.
So what would be US TSM vs. S&P500 be? Wider cut vs. standard?

What would US vs. International be? Where they are manufactured?
Harri88

Post by Harri88 »

Jockey fan here. I like their boxer briefs. Reasonably priced and a variety of materials, good ventilation, and they last a long time for me.
piper

Post by piper »

saxx for sure.
Dyloot

Post by Dyloot »

Best tip I ever got from an ultra runner was Smart Wool Boxer Briefs. They removed every hiking, biking, or trail running chafe problem I ever had. Highly recommend if you’re looking for something for the trails.
stan1

Post by stan1 »

anon_investor wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:42 pm
What would US vs. International be?
Obviously boxers vs. briefs which would go on for 1000 posts and no conclusion due to personal preference, with people advocating for compromises like trunks or boxer briefs accused of indecisiveness and not taking a side in the men's underwear war.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

stan1 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:03 pm
Obviously boxers vs. briefs which would go on for 1000 posts and no conclusion due to personal preference, with people advocating for compromises like trunks or boxer briefs accused of indecisiveness and not taking a side in the men's underwear war.
So would EM be like mens bikini bottoms? :twisted:
Topic Author
Triple digit golfer

anon_investor wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:16 pm
Bitcoin would be going commando.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

Triple digit golfer wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:18 pm
Then what is fixed income? A full body suit?
Topic Author
Triple digit golfer

anon_investor wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:25 pm
Long underwear.
stan1

Post by stan1 »

Triple digit golfer wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:32 pm

Long underwear.
Then what are CDs? Depends?
Topic Author
Triple digit golfer

stan1 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:33 pm
Triple digit golfer wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:32 pm

Long underwear.
Then what are CDs? Depends?
Yes. And money under the mattress is cloth diapers.
Sandtrap
Location: Hawaii No Ka Oi - white sandy beaches, N. Arizona 1 mile high.

Post by Sandtrap »

Triple digit golfer wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:14 pm

Minimize chafing.
Boglewear.

Allocation varies from bikini style (tight) to "boyshorts in nylon/latex" to boxers that look like beach board shorts.
Allocation can glide slope per Bernstein's "Ages of the Investor".
Accomodation of "lifestyle creep".

Actionably: there are a great variety of styles across the board for underwear. Sometimes try on or revisit or experiment with other styles as well to find the one that gives the best balance between; ability and need to take risk, "sleep factor", etc, based on size of "assets", etc.

j :D
Wiki Bogleheads Wiki: Everything You Need to Know
sschoe2

Post by sschoe2 »

I just wear Fruit of the Loom white briefs from the box store.
Foolish

Post by Foolish »

I'm pretty frugal and bought a 3 pack and opened 3 pack missing one of Greg Norman (the golfer) brand at Big Lots for $15. I like them.
Last edited by Foolish on Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
woof755

Post by woof755 »

Expensive: Lulu Lemon (sometimes they are in the clearance / "we made too much" section)
Inexpensive: 32 Degree Cool (Costco)
"By singing in harmony from the same page of the same investing hymnal, the Diehards drown out market noise." | | --Jason Zweig, quoted in The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing