2022 Ford Maverick Megathread...;-)

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
teCh0010

Re: 2022 Ford Maverick Megathread...;-)

Post by teCh0010 »

Random Poster wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:47 pm For those who have, or who are interested in, a pickup, how do you all transport groceries or luggage in them?

Particularly in the summer heat, spring rains, or winter snows, when all of the interior space is occupied?
I have a soft tonneau cover, have a "load bar" (like a spring loaded shower curtain bar on steroids) that keeps two collapsible crates up against the tailgate for stuff like that.

Also the back floorboards of my truck is flat, with the rear seat flipped up there is a massive amount of room there.
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

Random Poster wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:47 pm For those who have, or who are interested in, a pickup, how do you all transport groceries or luggage in them?

Particularly in the summer heat, spring rains, or winter snows, when all of the interior space is occupied?
In the bed. The grocery store is 2 miles away, I'm not particularly concerned with my food being exposed to the elements for a handful of minutes. If you are, get a tonneau cover or don't take the entire family to the store and stick them in the cab.

I had a single cab pickup (without a tonneau or shell) for 9yrs, hundreds of trips to the grocery store and countless road trips. I can recall this being an issue once. I had a habit of just throwing my backpack in the bed, regardless of if there was anybody in the passenger seat. It rained and my books got soaked, but there was no reason for my backpack to be in the bed as I didn't have a passenger and even then, it could have just sat on their lap. With the size of the cab in the Maverick, even if you have 4-people in the truck, there's space for quite a few bags of groceries.
Last edited by stoptothink on Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Californiastate

Post by Californiastate »

I have a Snugtop shell. The bed is locked and out of the elements. There have been very few times over the years when I needed an open top bed. I carry gear all of the time in the bed. I couldn't without a locking shell.
I also don't go grocery shopping in the afternoon when it's hot out.
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

Californiastate wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:51 am

I have a Snugtop shell. The bed is locked and out of the elements. There have been very few times over the years when I needed an open top bed. I carry gear all of the time in the bed. I couldn't without a locking shell.
What did that cost you and who installed it?
Californiastate

Post by Californiastate »

Nicolas wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:58 am

I paid retail and the unit was installed by the local dealer. It has an electric lock on the hatch which is synced with my truck key fob. There are cheaper units on the market.
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

Californiastate wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:41 pm
Nicolas wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:58 am

I paid retail and the unit was installed by the local dealer. It has an electric lock on the hatch which is synced with my truck key fob. There are cheaper units on the market.
Thanks, if I buy this truck I’m going to get one of these too. I’m going to use it for camping in the summer so I need a way to cover the bed.
surfstar

Post by surfstar »

I'm hoping that they'll make a change for actual production or by the 2023 MY...

currently you cannot get ACC (adaptive cruise control) on anything other than the Lariat model. That is a deal killer for me and I'll either wait it out, or see what other vehicles work for us. I'm pretty sold on a planetary gear driven hybrid - after seeing how well we like the Toyota hybrid setups in Prius and Rav4 Primes, I think that takes the Tucson hybrid off the list. Toyota and Fords system is just better and simpler.

Need my ACC, though...
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

surfstar wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:56 pm I'm hoping that they'll make a change for actual production or by the 2023 MY...

currently you cannot get ACC (adaptive cruise control) on anything other than the Lariat model. That is a deal killer for me and I'll either wait it out, or see what other vehicles work for us.
It's about the bottom line, $25k is about the cut-off for available ACC industry-wide and that's right about where the Maverick lariat is ($25,490). Cruise control wasn't put on the base model (XL) at all, likely to push the majority of buyers towards the higher trims. Guessing that the huge majority of XLs will be fleet trucks. I was game for the $21k (after destination) base model, but my wife would not live without cruise control.
Jack FFR1846

Post by Jack FFR1846 »

How do you secure groceries? I would have zero concern about cover or weather. But a couple bags of groceries in the bed of a pickup would become a bed full of scattered groceries and a pile of empty bags by the time I got home unless there's some way to secure the bags in place. I've only owned one pickup and this was always a problem. I could more easily deal with groceries in my Lotus Elise than with the pickup.
Bogle: Smart Beta is stupid
surfstar

Post by surfstar »

stoptothink wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:06 pm
surfstar wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:56 pm I'm hoping that they'll make a change for actual production or by the 2023 MY...

currently you cannot get ACC (adaptive cruise control) on anything other than the Lariat model. That is a deal killer for me and I'll either wait it out, or see what other vehicles work for us.
It's about the bottom line, $25k is about the cut-off for available ACC industry-wide and that's right about where the Maverick lariat is ($25,490). Cruise control wasn't put on the base model (XL) at all, likely to push the majority of buyers towards the higher trims. Guessing that the huge majority of XLs will be fleet trucks. I was game for the $21k (after destination) base model, but my wife would not live without cruise control.
If I price the Lariat with Luxury package - it gets ACC and is $31.5k. Not bad, but 50% over the base model.
Also the fact that the XLT can get co-pilot 360 with lane centering, etc, yet not have ACC... I'm pretty sure the hardware is there, they just want you to pay more, trying to claim ACC is a luxury high-end model only option.
As more auto makers (hyundai/kia and subaru, etc) offer this on cheaper vehicles, they'll all have to compete. It'll be like rearview cameras, etc. Slowly trickling down.
The XLT also has a mechanical key, in a hybrid - yet another thing that Ford is doing to drive people to the Lariat as the "standard" trim if they're coming from a CUV. Twisting a mechanical key is the same as hitting a button - the ECU starts the car, not a physical switch connected to your ignition cylinder.

I guess I could go full off-label and install OpenPilot on an XLT for cheapest ACC, but I hate the liability thought of that.
*sigh* perfect [economical] vehicle still eludes me
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

surfstar wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:41 pm
stoptothink wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:06 pm

If I price the Lariat with Luxury package - it gets ACC and is $31.5k. Not bad, but 50% over the base model.
Also the fact that the XLT can get co-pilot 360 with lane centering, etc, yet not have ACC... I'm pretty sure the hardware is there, they just want you to pay more, trying to claim ACC is a luxury high-end model only option.
As more auto makers (hyundai/kia and subaru, etc) offer this on cheaper vehicles, they'll all have to compete. It'll be like rearview cameras, etc. Slowly trickling down.
The XLT also has a mechanical key, in a hybrid - yet another thing that Ford is doing to drive people to the Lariat as the "standard" trim if they're coming from a CUV. Twisting a mechanical key is the same as hitting a button - the ECU starts the car, not a physical switch connected to your ignition cylinder.

I guess I could go full off-label and install OpenPilot on an XLT for cheapest ACC, but I hate the liability thought of that.
*sigh* perfect [economical] vehicle still eludes me
Certainly all the option games are to push consumers into the higher trim levels. You just have to decide what is a "need" for you.
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

Jack FFR1846 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:24 pm How do you secure groceries? I would have zero concern about cover or weather. But a couple bags of groceries in the bed of a pickup would become a bed full of scattered groceries and a pile of empty bags by the time I got home unless there's some way to secure the bags in place. I've only owned one pickup and this was always a problem. I could more easily deal with groceries in my Lotus Elise than with the pickup.
If it is that big of a concern, it has the flexbed system which has a variety of tie down options. Otherwise, just put the bags in the cab.
Dagwood

Post by Dagwood »

The Maverick is going to be a big hit meeting a need for a market segment that had been abandoned - the small pickups that used to be available.

The Tacoma has been mentioned but it’s biggest drawback is that it is almost the size of a half ton but lacks the towing capacity that many people who buy a half ton want to have. That is the same issue facing the Ridgeline. No one who buys this needs to tow, and the size is right for that purpose. If we didn’t have a horse and a car trailer, this would be perfect for home projects and wouldn’t be too big for urban settings and urban garages. Our half ton stays home a lot for those types of reasons.
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

According to a recent Autoline podcast with several Ford engineers, the target market for the Maverick was the 25-35yr old city-dweller who had never owned a truck.
MrBobcat

Post by MrBobcat »

stoptothink wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:50 pm According to a recent Autoline podcast with several Ford engineers, the target market for the Maverick was the 25-35yr old city-dweller who had never owned a truck.
Looking at a couple of Maverick Forums, there's appears to be a large group of older guys who've owned trucks in the past and want a Maverick. Of course it's a forum so it probably skews older, maybe the younger crowd is hanging over on reddit, IDK.

Anyway it would be great if Ford released demographics of buyers, though I doubt they will.
Onlineid3089

Post by Onlineid3089 »

Jack FFR1846 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:24 pm How do you secure groceries? I would have zero concern about cover or weather. But a couple bags of groceries in the bed of a pickup would become a bed full of scattered groceries and a pile of empty bags by the time I got home unless there's some way to secure the bags in place. I've only owned one pickup and this was always a problem. I could more easily deal with groceries in my Lotus Elise than with the pickup.
What do you currently use to secure your groceries in whatever you currently drive?

I set groceries in the bed of my truck and I guess I just don't have issues. I never had issues throwing them in the back of my Jeep Grand Cherokee, where I also never secured them, and am not sure why it would be worse in the truck. The spray on bed liner in my truck is more grippy than the carpet was in the Jeep so I'd say stuff probably slides around less now.

I don't personally use them, but the most obvious answer to me if one was concerned would be boxes/crates/baskets/totes of whatever size/shape/material you'd prefer. You probably already have something that would work just fine at home. If not you probably shop online on occasion and throw away plenty of cardboard boxes.

Or, many trucks, including the Maverick, have slots on the inside of the bed where you can slide in a board (2x however tall you want) that would keep anything in a limited space at the end of the bed.
surfstar

Post by surfstar »

stoptothink wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:50 pm According to a recent Autoline podcast with several Ford engineers, the target market for the Maverick was the 25-35yr old city-dweller who had never owned a truck.
That's who Honda thought their Element was going to sell to. Turned out it was the over 50 crowd that liked them the most. lol
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

surfstar wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:59 pm
That's who Honda thought their Element was going to sell to. Turned out it was the over 50 crowd that liked them the most. lol
I don't think it really matters, just gives you some insight into their goal. Makes a lot of sense with Ford no longer producing any cars other than the mustang.
liftingbrosef

Post by liftingbrosef »

Looks like deliveries will be hitting anyday for the ecoboost engine. Very interested in reviews. Anyone preorder?

Have a 2015 honda fit and I am a big guy. Looks like I can get $11K trading it into Carmax. Would love me a hybrid Maverick for the good mpg, cabin room, and ability to haul around some things (I know it's a small truck).
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

liftingbrosef wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:55 am Looks like deliveries will be hitting anyday for the ecoboost engine. Very interested in reviews. Anyone preorder?

Have a 2015 honda fit and I am a big guy. Looks like I can get $11K trading it into Carmax. Would love me a hybrid Maverick for the good mpg, cabin room, and ability to haul around some things (I know it's a small truck).
There are several people on the Maverick forums who have already had their ecoboosts delivered and are providing detailed insights on their first impressions. No hybrids have been delivered and there are some major hold-ups, including already scheduled builds being pushed back. A lot of conspiracy theories, most centered around eCVT transmission and the EPA yet to certify MPG numbers (currently, the hybrid is not legal to sell even if there were some built). Hybrids represent >75% of the orders, but a tiny percentage of the trucks that have been scheduled for build to date. We placed our order for a hybrid XLT first of July and have yet to hear any update. We've accepted we won't be getting it in '21.
surfstar

Post by surfstar »

Official EPA hybrid numbers were released recently - 42 city / 33 hwy - 37 combined
City is great - hope real world hwy could increase with a cover/cap on the bed.

Other hybrid news - deliveries in Jan '22 now. Also all 2022 model are supposed to "sell out" by early Nov!

I just hope that they'll update 2023 model to have ACC in a non-high end trim. Otherwise we won't consider it for a road trip vehicle.
whodidntante

Post by whodidntante »

I somehow saw one of these the other day. Niceish truckness. It had the steel wheels that announce to the world that you didn't pay for any options. But then, I owned a Honda that had an AM-only radio, no A/C, no trunk-light, no power steering, manual door locks, and little knobs you could rotate to make the windows unseat from the track and rocket down into door at the acceleration due to gravity. I still hate that car, even though I sold it over a decade ago.
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

surfstar wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:21 pm Official EPA hybrid numbers were released recently - 42 city / 33 hwy - 37 combined

Other hybrid news - deliveries in Jan '22 now. Also all 2022 model are supposed to "sell out" by early Nov!

I just hope that they'll update 2023 model to have ACC in a non-high end trim. Otherwise we won't consider it for a road trip vehicle.
I bet we'll easily beat EPAs numbers, as we have on every car we've ever owned. Tonneau cover might get you an extra 1-2mpg on the freeway, that would require a lot of driving to cover the cost (depending on what you get, ranging from $300-$1500). Bummed that our July 6th order still has not been scheduled for build, but we have no real need for another car so we can wait. I won't start getting antsy until summer.
MrBobcat

Post by MrBobcat »

stoptothink wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:17 am
surfstar wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:21 pm Official EPA hybrid numbers were released recently - 42 city / 33 hwy - 37 combined

I bet we'll easily beat EPAs numbers, as we have on every car we've ever owned. Tonneau cover might get you an extra 1-2mpg on the freeway, that would require a lot of driving to cover the cost (depending on what you get, ranging from $300-$1500). Bummed that our July 6th order still has not been scheduled for build, but we have no real need for another car so we can wait. I won't start getting antsy until summer.
Yeah, I ordered mine 7/23 haven't heard a thing yet other than the free $50 thing they're giving us now. I would like it, but not really in a rush and honestly I really didn't expect it before around March anyway.
6bquick

Post by 6bquick »

I drove a 2005 NA Baja for 2.5 yrs. only sold as it started nickel-and-diming me at 200k. Loved that little machine. between the little 2' x 15"ish hole in the bulkhead and the tailgate, as long as you had ratchet straps, you could move anything in the 3.5' bed. couches, fridges, lumber, mulch, gravel, an oak hutch, and more.

I'm no longer in the market for a tiny truck-ette. But if I were, I don't think this would call to me quite like the Baja did. Can't put my finger on why exactly. Lack of a 3rd pedal is a major factor, but I realize that's all but a forgone conclusion at this point everywhere. I'm sure the maverick will prove equally, if not more, utilitarian than the Baja, but I'd certainly hope so with 20yrs of tech advancement. it just, to me, doesn't have the chutzpah that the Baja did.

anyway, that's my unsolicited $0.02.
If your outgo exceeds your income, your upkeep will be your downfall
kevinf

Post by kevinf »

It seems like the earliest I could get a 2022 Maverick hybrid if I placed an order now, would be next August. Thankfully, nothing is wrong with my current vehicle, but it's definitely old enough to start developing expensive problems on a whim. It just has to not have those problems until August :mrgreen:

I might be able to test drive a gasser Maverick later this month, those are fairly available compared to the hybrids. If I like the feel of it I may put one on order and take advantage of 0% financing.
athenslb57

Post by athenslb57 »

kevinf wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:22 am It seems like the earliest I could get a 2022 Maverick hybrid if I placed an order now, would be next August. Thankfully, nothing is wrong with my current vehicle, but it's definitely old enough to start developing expensive problems on a whim. It just has to not have those problems until August :mrgreen:

I might be able to test drive a gasser Maverick later this month, those are fairly available compared to the hybrids. If I like the feel of it I may put one on order and take advantage of 0% financing.
Maverick Hybrid orders are closed for now (as of 11/17/21). They will reopen the order bank for Hybrids sometime next summer for MY23. I have a Hybrid on order and expect it sometime Q1 2022.
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

The first handful of Maverick hybrids were delivered to customers yesterday. Based upon chatter on the Ford Maverick boards, we are one of the oldest orders that has yet to be scheduled for build (I think our order was approved July 6th). At this point I actually am kinda hoping for a late spring delivery so I don't have to immediately buy another set of winter tires.
kevinf

Post by kevinf »

At least we'll have time to let others suss out any issues with the vehicle before we order I suppose :happy
AllMostThere

Post by AllMostThere »

Odd. With all the hype and excitement around the new Maverick, I have yet to see one on the road in the Detroit area. Additionally, have yet to see one on any local lot even for display let alone for a test drive. Looks like and interesting concept, but how is a customer supposed to demo a vehicle when one cannot even be looked at in person? Video only gives you so much insight. If this is the future of auto sales, then it will be interesting moving forward.... :annoyed
It is not about how much you make; it is about how much you keep and how well you invest it. - Author Unknown | Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today. - Author James Dean
kevinf

Post by kevinf »

I'm still waiting to hear back from the dealership to test drive one. I'm not expecting to sit in one for awhile :|
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

AllMostThere wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:38 am Odd. With all the hype and excitement around the new Maverick, I have yet to see one on the road in the Detroit area. Additionally, have yet to see one on any local lot even for display let alone for a test drive. Looks like and interesting concept, but how is a customer supposed to demo a vehicle when one cannot even be looked at in person? Video only gives you so much insight. If this is the future of auto sales, then it will be interesting moving forward.... :annoyed
I've seen 3 in person, here in Utah. Keep in mind, very few of the hybrids have been delivered to customers yet. Although we don't need a car at least for a year, the fact that we ordered 7 months ago and don't even have our build scheduled is getting increasingly annoying. Also, a growing number of reports of buyers getting told by their dealer that they will not commit to the MSRP price on the DORA. This truck checks all our boxes, but this may be my first and last experience with Ford.
Last edited by stoptothink on Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FandangoDave5010

Post by FandangoDave5010 »

The Ford F150 is way, way too high, wide and long for me to drive and park. The new Ford Ranger is smaller than I though, with the Maverick being unsuitable because it lacks a frame. My last two midsized pickups have been a Tacoma and Frontier. I had each for 10 years and was happy with them for hauling stuff around and pushing five to six inches of snow to clear my 400' long driveway. I recently got a GMC Canyon AT4. For pushing snow around it is the best pickup I've had. A real monster. And the ride is like an SUV. If I ever decided to move to a downtown condo, a Maverick might be handy and worth considering.
ThisWas

Post by ThisWas »

If you want to order a 2022 Maverick, the order books close January 27th at 10 pm EST for non-hybrid models. Ford stopped taking orders for hybrid Mavericks late last year. There are enough orders in the backlog to keep the factory busy for the remainder of the model year.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/01/2022- ... ng-orders/ reports that "Ford will resume taking orders for the Maverick on August 16th, 2022."

I ordered a hybrid Maverick in June and took delivery a couple of weeks ago. I'm very pleased with it so far.
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

Ordered our hybrid XLT on June 24th, just got a build date last week for March 7th. So, if everything goes right, we should be taking delivery of ours in late April.
MrBobcat

Post by MrBobcat »

stoptothink wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:50 am Ordered our hybrid XLT on June 24th, just got a build date last week for March 7th. So, if everything goes right, we should be taking delivery of ours in late April.
I got the built notice from Ford this week. Estimated arrival 4/17 to 4/23.
Watty

Post by Watty »

I saw my first Maverick on the road today. A bright yellow/orange one that looked great.

Has anyone gotten their Maverick yet, and if so how do you like it.
Ricola

Post by Ricola »

Scotty seems to sort of like it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpvfa6YFkgM
MrBobcat

Post by MrBobcat »

Watty wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:31 pm I saw my first Maverick on the road today. A bright yellow/orange one that looked great.

Mine showed up 5/10. It's a Lariat Hybrid Model, I got the Lux package with Ford 360/adaptive cruise control etc. I'm exceedingly happy with it so far. Fits my needs perfectly and it's getting outstanding gas mileage. Road trips I'm averaging 36mpg (mixed 70/80 mph roads). In town 40+mpg. It's comfortable, the sound/sync 3 system are more than adequate and the truck bed is so accessible (vs full sized trucks). Oh road noise on highway is decent, very comparable to my wife's Outback.

I did add an aftermarket bug/rock guard on the hood and a truxedo pro 15x bed cover (which is fantastic).

I managed to get $13,500 out of my 2013 Honda Accord which went a long way towards covering the $31,463 price tag. It's every bit as comfortable as my accord, has a better infotainment system, has heated seats/steering wheel, has collision safety stuff and adaptive cruise (won't get another car w/o this) and gets better gas mileage, especially in town where most of my driving is done.
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

Watty wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:31 pm I saw my first Maverick on the road today. A bright yellow/orange one that looked great.

We've had ours for ~6wks and 1k miles - XLT hybrid in area 51. We are much happier with it than we even imagined and are averaged 48mpg in mixed driving. We are starting to see them all over the place, we even saw someone in our neighborhood come home with a cactus grey XL a few days ago.
Walkure

Post by Walkure »

surfstar wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:41 pm As more auto makers (hyundai/kia and subaru, etc) offer this on cheaper vehicles, they'll all have to compete. It'll be like rearview cameras, etc. Slowly trickling down.
The rearview cameras weren't a trickle-down; they were mandated by the government in all new models.
Westwing

Post by Westwing »

After 10 months of waiting, I received a call this morning that my Area 51 Hybrid XLT with Luxury Package arrived on the dealer lot in Granger, Iowa. My sales guy sent two pictures assuring me it was actually there. My plans are to do the three hour drive within a week and bring that baby home. It may be one of the first hybrids to make their way to southern Minnesota from what I understand. I have seen a few eco boosts but no hybrids around my area. I am giddy for sure and so glad I didn't bail out earlier. I will however tell you I have two contacts in the Des Moines area offering me close to 10K more than my out the door price. Not selling. This journey has taught me much about life and patience.
chrismj

Post by chrismj »

Anyone come from a prius v to a maverick hybrid? The prius v was first on my list in the next year or so but the higher end 2015-2017s are $20k-25k with 75k+ miles. Now I see the numbers for Maverick and it seems like a better deal: $25k new at 40mpg. Not far off from the prius v which is 40mpg give or take.

I know the hard part for the maverick is actually getting one so maybe that's the deal breaker. Just curious what owners of both can say. I've got a year or so to wait.
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

chrismj wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:28 am Anyone come from a prius v to a maverick hybrid? The prius v was first on my list in the next year or so but the higher end 2015-2017s are $20k-25k with 75k+ miles. Now I see the numbers for Maverick and it seems like a better deal: $25k new at 40mpg. Not far off from the prius v which is 40mpg give or take.

I know the hard part for the maverick is actually getting one so maybe that's the deal breaker. Just curious what owners of both can say. I've got a year or so to wait.
At least you are aware that an order now likely won't be fulfilled for 12-months or more. You can try to call around, but you are likely to be paying up to $10k over MSRP, if you are able to find one. When we went pick ours up in May (June '21 order), the dealership offered us $5k over OTD price, on the spot - and for giggles, I've recently gotten an offer for WAY more than that from Carvana.

I have a lot of experience driving a normal prius, but never owned one. IMO, it's a similar experience, but the Maverick has a lot more power if you need it. It's surprisingly spacious inside (the interior is definitely from a budget truck, but we like it). We just cracked 2k miles and are currently averaging 48.0mpg in mixed driving. Overall, more pleased with it than expected.
Watty

Post by Watty »

I just placed a pre-order for a 2023. The dealer has all my information and will enter the order on August 2nd when they allow orders again. The 2023 specifications have not been released yet but major changes are not likely. The order can be modified after it is entered so I can get any last minute changes in after it is placed but not lose my order date.

I kept it basic and it is just a Hybrid base XL with the Copilot 360 option and nothing else. I will get an aftermarket bed liner after I get it since ordering one with a factory bedliner seems to be causing delays.

It it was not for the delays that the higher trim levels and options are causing I likely would have bought a more upgraded truck but it should be fine for us like that.

Production of the 2023 models does not start until the end of October so it is unlikely that I will get it before next spring and it could even take as long as next summer.
MP173

Post by MP173 »

Starting to see a few in my area.

Really interested in purchasing one as I use my Equanox for gardening purposes around town. Always wanted a pickup but not a HUGE model.

Sounds like there is quite a bit of leg/head room. Need that as I am 6'7".

The gas mileage sounds very attractive.

Ed
bubbadog

Post by bubbadog »

Watty wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:44 pm I just placed a pre-order for a 2023. The dealer has all my information and will enter the order on August 2nd when they allow orders again. The 2023 specifications have not been released yet but major changes are not likely. The order can be modified after it is entered so I can get any last minute changes in after it is placed but not lose my order date.

I kept it basic and it is just a Hybrid base XL with the Copilot 360 option and nothing else. I will get an aftermarket bed liner after I get it since ordering one with a factory bedliner seems to be causing delays.

It it was not for the delays that the higher trim levels and options are causing I likely would have bought a more upgraded truck but it should be fine for us like that.

Production of the 2023 models does not start until the end of October so it is unlikely that I will get it before next spring and it could even take as long as next summer.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Base model hybrid XL plus Copilot 360 will suit me just fine. I really like the steelies on the XL.
Watty

Post by Watty »

bubbadog wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:06 pm I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Base model hybrid XL plus Copilot 360 will suit me just fine. I really like the steelies on the XL.
A nice thing about the Copilot 360 in the XL hybrid is that at least in the 22 model year that also get you power mirrors and a full size spare. Hopefully that is the same in the 23 model.

If you get velocity blue we would be some sort of odd internet twins. :D
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

Watty wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:47 pm
bubbadog wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:06 pm I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Base model hybrid XL plus Copilot 360 will suit me just fine. I really like the steelies on the XL.
A nice thing about the Copilot 360 in the XL hybrid is that at least in the 22 model year that also get you power mirrors and a full size spare. Hopefully that is the same in the 23 model.

Keep in mind that the "full size spare" isn't really full size (it's smaller than the stock wheels), it's just not a donut. Really odd, and it made a lot of buyers angry.
bubbadog

Post by bubbadog »

Watty wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:47 pm

Debating between Velocity Blue and Area 51. :sharebeer