What are good wineries near Saratoga?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Stumptowngal

What are good wineries near Saratoga?

Post by Stumptowngal »

We will be spending a few days in Saratoga, CA in the near future. I’ve read that there are a number of wineries very close by to visit. While we’ve been to wineries in Sonoma Valley on previous trips to California, we are not familiar with any of the wineries I see listed around Saratoga.

Do you have any recommendations or personal experience with visiting any of the wineries and tasting rooms near Saratoga?

Thanks much.
Marseille07

Re: What are good wineries near Saratoga?

Post by Marseille07 »

Stumptowngal wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:59 am We will be spending a few days in Saratoga, CA in the near future. I’ve read that there are a number of wineries very close by to visit. While we’ve been to wineries in Sonoma Valley on previous trips to California, we are not familiar with any of the wineries I see listed around Saratoga.

Do you have any recommendations or personal experience with visiting any of the wineries and tasting rooms near Saratoga?

Thanks much.
There are lots of quality wineries around there: https://winesofthesantacruzmountains.com/wineries/

I've been to Cinnabar (tasting room@downtown Saratoga) and Martin Ranch.
Monsterflockster

Post by Monsterflockster »

Stumptowngal wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:59 am We will be spending a few days in Saratoga, CA in the near future. I’ve read that there are a number of wineries very close by to visit. While we’ve been to wineries in Sonoma Valley on previous trips to California, we are not familiar with any of the wineries I see listed around Saratoga.

Thanks much.
David Bruce is my favorite. Ridge Vineyards also very nice. Bring a picnic!
LinearRange

Post by LinearRange »

+1 for Ridge Vineyards. It's my go to recommendation for visitors. Very good wine, nice location. However I looked at their website. There are COVID restrictions that make it less than ideal (reservation required, outdoor, small groups). Maybe they will lift them soon.
BH13

Post by BH13 »

We were just at Ridge last week and it was fantastic. Great wines & great views. You do need to make a reservation for an outdoor seated tasting.

During Covid, most of the wineries have implemented a reservation system so walk-ins are a rarity.
Topic Author
Stumptowngal

Post by Stumptowngal »

Thanks everyone for the suggestions so far. I’ll get online with the couple of specific ones mentioned and hope to find something that will work out for us.