More comfortable eyeglass nose pads?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
goshenBogle

More comfortable eyeglass nose pads?

Post by goshenBogle »

I have been wearing glasses for years. What I find most uncomfortable are the nose pads. They always feel like they are sticking to my skin. They don't slide easily and are somewhat stiff. Are there nose pads that are more pliable and therefore more comfortable? Or is there a way to treat the nose pads to make them more comfortable?
Retired and loving it!!!!
quantAndHold

Re: More comfortable eyeglass nose pads?

Post by quantAndHold »

Yes, there are. Ask the place where you got your glasses.
Carousel

Post by Carousel »

Are you using silicone nose pads or hard ones? The silicone ones are more comfortable. Your eyeglasses place will probably switch them out for free.
anoop

Post by anoop »

The best way to make glasses comfortable is to have them be as lightweight as possible. Try Silhouettes if you can find a place that carries them. Very pricey but worth it. The last forever and put up with a lot of abuse. I have sat on mine and they survived.
stan1

Post by stan1 »

The last three pairs of glasses I've had did not have pads. More comfortable for me than any type of pad ever was. It surprised me, but that's what works with my big nose.
quantAndHold

Post by quantAndHold »

stan1 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:05 pm The last three pairs of glasses I've had did not have pads. More comfortable for me than any type of pad ever was. It surprised me, but that's what works with my big nose.
LOL. I can’t wear those kind of glasses. They won’t stay put on my flat, Asian face. They just slide right off. When i was a kid and those plastic frames with no nose pieces were all there was, I had to use a retaining strap to keep from losing them when I was swinging a freaking baseball bat.

As to the original question, the last time I got my glasses adjusted at Costco, she just put some Silicon pads on. No charge or anything. Very helpful.
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

anoop wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:21 pmThe best way to make glasses comfortable is to have them be as lightweight as possible.
My glasses weigh 16 g or a little more than half an ounce. They have silicone nose pads which are more pliable when new and get stiffer as they age. All drug stores sell the nose pads and I replace them every once in a while. Of course, getting the lightest possible plastic lenses helps, too. However, one's prescription may not allow for that.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.
mhalley

Post by mhalley »

Tons of info here
https://www.nosepads.com/
Cheez-It Guy

Post by Cheez-It Guy »

wandering_aimlessly

Post by wandering_aimlessly »

Optigrab - exactly what I thought of first too.

Just like the tie-rods on a '72 Buick....
novillero

Post by novillero »

Cheez-It Guy wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:29 pm Image
No more damning! Lol.

“I damn thee!” - Navin R. Johnson
retiredjg

Post by retiredjg »

Silicone nose pads, smaller ones if your face is small. Light weight lenses. Yes, they are expensive. Light weight frames like Sillouette. These are expensive too, but can be reused many times.