Produce Subscriptions?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Laurencita

Produce Subscriptions?

Post by Laurencita »

Have any of you tried one of the produce subscriptions that deliver to the home such as Misfit Markets, etc?

I live in an area without good nearby options for quality produce (guess I was spoiled by other places in the US) and I am considering one of these services.

If you have experience with any of them, can you share any details? thanks!
hank-johnson

Re: Produce Subscriptions?

Post by hank-johnson »

We have used Hungry Harvest for a few years and have been pretty happy with the quality. We can select out of produce we don't want and their customer service has been great on the rare occasions of a mistake. Pricing seems about the same as what we would have spent at the supermarket.
stan1

Post by stan1 »

You might also look for a local community supported agriculture outlet:
https://www.localharvest.org

Whether it works for you or not will depend on your location and preferences.
DetroitRick

Post by DetroitRick »

This won't help you directly, because this company just services metro Detroit, but we found this for produce delivery (called FarmStop):
https://www.farmstop.com/

We started because of the pandemic, but stayed for the quality, freshness, selection and prices. Locally-sourced where/when possible. Order online as needed, delivered within 24 hours, competitive prices, packed for freshness, and very personal service. What blew us away is how much longer the vegetables last from this place. Even in winter, they source from a huge farmers market near here (that operates year round and supplies many local restaurants), so just as good to use during our non-growing season. Their non-produce items have proven well worth it too, but our orders are typically around 70%-80% produce.

Hope you can find a similar service in your area. It seems these types of business are taking off, at least in the bigger metro areas.