Worst TV show character - financially

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
derauqsdm

Worst TV show character - financially

Post by derauqsdm »

Completely for fun question. Who is the character or family on TV that you feel makes the worst financial decisions? I was thinking from from fictional standpoint but will accept reality TV answers as well.

Over the past few weeks I have been watching an episode of Black-ish after I do the 4am feeding of our newborn and listen on the monitor so my wife can sleep peacefully, while I wait to make sure he doesn't spit up like a mini exorcism candidate or suddenly wake up like he is in a screamo band. I like the show, think it's pretty funny, some good messages etc. but man, the main character Dre makes the most terrible financial decisions - despite having dual high salaries. From a sudden revenge purchase of a Ferrari to lots of extremely expensive clothing purchases and private schooling for all their children all while in a HCOL area. I will note they did do an entire episode surrounding their financial struggles and a look culturally at money/spending but that's getting too serious for this thread. I want to stay very superficial!
dixdak

Re: Worst TV show character - financially

Post by dixdak »

JoMoney

Post by JoMoney »

Scrooge McDuck.
I don't know how that guy got his money, all he seemed to do is hoard it. Kept it all locked up in a vault, didn't buy anything, didn't invest it, even had the first dime he ever earned. Effectively just keeping cash under a mattress :confused
"To achieve satisfactory investment results is easier than most people realize; to achieve superior results is harder than it looks." - Benjamin Graham
Flyer24

Post by Flyer24 »

Topic is locked (not an actionable consumer issue).
Welcome to the Personal Consumer Issues forum. Here we can discuss how we spend our money and our time. Examples of acceptable topics are:

- consumer goods and services (e.g., dress shirts, laptops, software)
- home maintenance
- vehicle purchases and maintenance
- recreational and leisure activities: travel, sports and entertainment

If you aren't sure if a topic you are about to post is OK, ask yourself whether it is related to a consumer issue, personal and actionable. By actionable, I mean whether you will potentially be able to use the information to better utilize your time or money. Personal means it must be directly connected to your (or your friend's or family's) life as a consumer. General comments or complaints about these topics will be locked or removed.