Tips [how much to tip movers]

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Cookiegirl

Tips [how much to tip movers]

Post by Cookiegirl »

Hi, we will be moving from NY to Fl, two sets of movers
What is the going rate for this type of move? I'm assuming there will be 4 men for each part of the move.
We have a two bedroom apartment and going to a townhome .
Thanks
h82goslw

Re: Tips

Post by h82goslw »

My son worked as a mover last summer. I was amazed at the tips he got. Routinely, after moving a family into or out of a house, he’d get $50-$100 tip, and there were 3-4 other guys with him.
bhwabeck3533

Post by bhwabeck3533 »

h82goslw wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:37 am My son worked as a mover last summer. I was amazed at the tips he got. Routinely, after moving a family into or out of a house, he’d get $50-$100 tip, and there were 3-4 other guys with him.
My wife and I have moved about six times using all the big brand-name moving companies. We tipped the driver/lead person about $200 and the others about $60 each. So, we were in the ballpark with your son's experiences.
lthenderson

Post by lthenderson »

I always asked what was expected/recommended during the quotation part of the process. They always happily gave me an answer and I based my decision off of that.