Warren Buffett: Inside the Ultimate Money Mind by Robert G Hagstrom

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Wade Garrett

Warren Buffett: Inside the Ultimate Money Mind by Robert G Hagstrom

Post by Wade Garrett »

Has anyone read? I believe it came out several weeks ago.
"I'm not an inventor. I'm an improver. I see things that are wrong, and I improve them." - Larry David, Curb Your Enthusiasm
theorist

Re: Warren Buffett: Inside the Ultimate Money Mind by Robert G Hagstrom

Post by theorist »

Wade Garrett wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:25 am Has anyone read? I believe it came out several weeks ago.
I have it on my kindle and I’ve read about half of it so far. It is a hagiography, but Buffett has earned his fans, and I find it somehow comforting to read about his (and Munger’s) thinking on various issues.
Topic Author
Wade Garrett

Post by Wade Garrett »

theorist wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:33 am I’ve read about half of it so far. It is a hagiography, but Buffett has earned his fans, and I find it somehow comforting to read about his (and Munger’s) thinking on various issues.
Sounds like you think it was a worthy purchase. I'm a big fan of The Snowball by Schroeder and The Making of an American Capitalist by Lowenstein. Was much less of a fan of The Warren Buffett way by Hagstrom. I think Hagstrom has written a couple of other Buffett books. Just trying to determine if Hagstrom's new one is worth buying or if it's something he just kind of threw together during the pandemic because he knows Buffett books sell.
"I'm not an inventor. I'm an improver. I see things that are wrong, and I improve them." - Larry David, Curb Your Enthusiasm
Wiggums

Post by Wiggums »

I just ordered the book. Not expecting or looking for any investment methods. Hagstrom wrote other books on Buffet, but they are a little dated now. I’ve been a boglehead forever so I’m hoping that this one is more of a thinking book.

Thanks for the tip.
"I started with nothing and I still have most of it left."
theorist

Post by theorist »

Wade Garrett wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:46 am
theorist wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:33 am I’ve read about half of it so far. It is a hagiography, but Buffett has earned his fans, and I find it somehow comforting to read about his (and Munger’s) thinking on various issues.
Sounds like you think it was a worthy purchase. I'm a big fan of The Snowball by Schroeder and The Making of an American Capitalist by Lowenstein. Was much less of a fan of The Warren Buffett way by Hagstrom. I think Hagstrom has written a couple of other Buffett books. Just trying to determine if Hagstrom's new one is worth buying or if it's something he just kind of threw together during the pandemic because he knows Buffett books sell.
I am enjoying it. I think “Richer, wiser, happier,” by William Green (which just came out), is even more interesting, for me. It talks about a wider range of people, but mostly of a very sensible sort.