C8 Corvette?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
OldBallCoach

C8 Corvette?

Post by OldBallCoach »

Anyone pulled the trigger yet? I know its a totally non Boglehead kind of deal...but...Bueller?
strafe

Re: C8 Corvette?

Post by strafe »

No, not yet.

I disagree that buying a C8 is “totally non-Boglehead.”
First, the Corvette is an excellent value. Its direct competitors cost at least 2x the price.
Second, the purpose of investing is to fund future consumption. Spend your money according to your priorities.
hi_there

Post by hi_there »

Boglehead website seems to be full of rich guys in their 60s. In other words, exactly the people who buy Corvettes.
smitcat

Post by smitcat »

Its a great car if you like smaller sports cars - it only comes with the DCT no manual trans available.
The timing between order and delivery is running about 10-12 months unless you get lucky with a small local dealer or if you want to pay a good deal above MSRP. While the coupe is very nice the HTC is really a unique combination of open air and hardtop capability. If you are over 6' 4" its best to get a chance to sit in one before making any commitments.
Normchad

Post by Normchad »

strafe wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:13 pm No, not yet.

First, the Corvette is an excellent value. Its direct competitors cost at least 2x the price.
Second, the purpose of investing is to fund future consumption. Spend your money according to your priorities.
You are 100% correct on all accounts.
CardinalRule

Post by CardinalRule »

Doubt if I would buy one, but the prospect of an “E-Ray” is kinda intriguing to think about.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2023-ch ... -electric/
lazydavid

Post by lazydavid »

I've been lusting after and planning the purchase of one since it was announced. After all, the mid-engine Corvette has been a dream of mine since I had the poster of the "Corvette Indy" prototype on my wall as a kid. Plan has been to buy one in ~2 years when my 13.5 yo steals my current ride from me. I already have the funds set aside.

But lately the missing pedal has been giving me second thoughts. The only thing I dislike about my tuned 335d is the transmission. The power is amazing, it's super comfortable, handles well, is practical, gets fantastic fuel economy for what it is. But I just don't connect to it as much as I would like to because it's an automatic (no manual was ever available). So now I've been looking at the M3 (non-competition with the MT), CT5-V Blackwing, and 718 Boxter GTS 4.0/Spyder. I've got time to work it out, and may wind up with a C8 after all. It's just less "pre-ordained" now than it was a few months ago.

If you don't have any irrational hangups about old-school transmissions like I do, the C8 is a no-brainer. There's nothing comparable at even double the price.
finite_difference

Post by finite_difference »

Normchad wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:37 pm
strafe wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:13 pm No, not yet.

You are 100% correct on all accounts.
It’s also 100% ironic though that Corvette releases such an awesome ICE car practically the year before BEV makes ICE obsolete.
The most precious gift we can offer anyone is our attention. - Thich Nhat Hanh
Gooch1226

Post by Gooch1226 »

Just get it ... I treated myself to a sports car last year because I paid my mortgage off . You can’t take all that cash to your grave ... live your life !
runner3081

Post by runner3081 »

hi_there wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:15 pm Boglehead website seems to be full of rich guys in their 60s. In other words, exactly the people who buy Corvettes.
Forgot the part about thinning or non-existent hair.
456M

Post by 456M »

lazydavid wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:26 pm I've been lusting after and planning the purchase of one since it was announced. After all, the mid-engine Corvette has been a dream of mine since I had the poster of the "Corvette Indy" prototype on my wall as a kid. Plan has been to buy one in ~2 years when my 13.5 yo steals my current ride from me. I already have the funds set aside.

But lately the missing pedal has been giving me second thoughts. The only thing I dislike about my tuned 335d is the transmission. The power is amazing, it's super comfortable, handles well, is practical, gets fantastic fuel economy for what it is. But I just don't connect to it as much as I would like to because it's an automatic (no manual was ever available). So now I've been looking at the M3 (non-competition with the MT), CT5-V Blackwing, and 718 Boxter GTS 4.0/Spyder. I've got time to work it out, and may wind up with a C8 after all. It's just less "pre-ordained" now than it was a few months ago.

If you don't have any irrational hangups about old-school transmissions like I do, the C8 is a no-brainer. There's nothing comparable at even double the price.
Why not a C7 then? I honestly can't get over the C8 looks. Sure it performs great and is a relative bargain but the C7 looks better in every way. Plus manual trans!
hi_there

Post by hi_there »

runner3081 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:44 pm
hi_there wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:15 pm Boglehead website seems to be full of rich guys in their 60s. In other words, exactly the people who buy Corvettes.
Forgot the part about thinning or non-existent hair.
Well, unless there is a thread I missed about budgeting for hair replacement procedures, I can't speak for that part.
H-Town

Post by H-Town »

OldBallCoach wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:09 pm Anyone pulled the trigger yet? I know its a totally non Boglehead kind of deal...but...Bueller?
I need a run down of car safety tech on the C8 from bogleheads. I’m sure this check all the boxes as far as safety goes, amirite? 8-) Does the IIHS has death rate on the new C8 yet? Must be low thanks to safety tech? :mrgreen:

But seriously.. I can’t wait to get behind the wheel of the C8. Probably an expensive rental at the track when it’s available.
Time is the ultimate currency.
rob

Post by rob »

456M wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:50 pm
lazydavid wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:26 pm I've been lusting after and planning the purchase of one since it was announced. After all, the mid-engine Corvette has been a dream of mine since I had the poster of the "Corvette Indy" prototype on my wall as a kid. Plan has been to buy one in ~2 years when my 13.5 yo steals my current ride from me. I already have the funds set aside.

Why not a C7 then? I honestly can't get over the C8 looks. Sure it performs great and is a relative bargain but the C7 looks better in every way. Plus manual trans!
I love the C8 but not sure I can get to an automatic for that type of car (yeah yeah.. I know but still no clutch)....

To me the 718 is THE answer :-)
| Rob | Its a dangerous business going out your front door. - J.R.R.Tolkien
smitcat

Post by smitcat »

"If you don't have any irrational hangups about old-school transmissions like I do, the C8 is a no-brainer. There's nothing comparable at even double the price."
We have owned a number of corvette over the years and the C8 is quite a car in comparison. You really want to get a drive in one of the C8's before making any decisions, the DCT shifts like no other trans I have ever owned.
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

My neighbor just brought home a white one a few days ago. He's early 30's with 4 kids, and no, he absolutely can not afford it. Gonna ask him for a ride soon.
Topic Author
OldBallCoach

Post by OldBallCoach »

OK...so a few things...money is not an issue. I have been blessed and am all set...as for the other brands...pretty much been there done them...have owned several Porsches, nice cars..pretty reliable really but would like to try and American car for a change up. Yea,I am an older guy and I have a GTR now, just sold a Shelby...Just looking for some feedback of folks that actually have bought one....I drive a very boring LandCruiser as my daily driver but like to shake the ride into work up a little bit now and then. The dealer is a friend of the program and said he will get me one in a week or so if I want one and I did drive one...not bad at all...Thank you all!!
Jack FFR1846

Post by Jack FFR1846 »

The lack of a manual and the fact that it is absolutely HUGE cross it off my list. The auto industry hasn't caught on yet that manual transmissions sell cars to enthusiasts. The R35 GT-R is a competition killer, but enthusiasts are awaiting the 25 year point to import R34's and are already paying nearly as much for R32's in good condition with a proper manual transmission as an 09 R35.

A co-worker was invited for his dealer's introduction of the C8. He liked the car, but the lack of a manual transmission left him cold. He left the dealer with a C7 manual.

The other problem with Corvettes compared to their competition is that although they are an absolute bargain to buy, once the restricted supply clears, they depreciate like a rock.
Bogle: Smart Beta is stupid
smitcat

Post by smitcat »

OldBallCoach wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:44 am OK...so a few things...money is not an issue. I have been blessed and am all set...as for the other brands...pretty much been there done them...have owned several Porsches, nice cars..pretty reliable really but would like to try and American car for a change up. Yea,I am an older guy and I have a GTR now, just sold a Shelby...Just looking for some feedback of folks that actually have bought one....I drive a very boring LandCruiser as my daily driver but like to shake the ride into work up a little bit now and then. The dealer is a friend of the program and said he will get me one in a week or so if I want one and I did drive one...not bad at all...Thank you all!!
"The dealer is a friend of the program and said he will get me one in a week or so if I want one and I did drive one...not bad at all...Thank you all!!"
That is great, there are no 'dealer' ordered cars available but there are a number of owner preordered cars that will not have a completed deal for one reason or another. These typically flip for 15-20% above MSRP lately, it was more than that a few months ago. Given the choice I would try to get the car with these options as a start: hard top convertible,2lt, magnetic ride. If you travel any roads that have a very high approach angle or 'bump' perhaps consider the front lift option. The link below will take you to the 2021 corvette configurator to help out with the choices available....
https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?car ... hannel=b2c
smitcat

Post by smitcat »

Jack FFR1846 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:55 am The lack of a manual and the fact that it is absolutely HUGE cross it off my list. The auto industry hasn't caught on yet that manual transmissions sell cars to enthusiasts. The R35 GT-R is a competition killer, but enthusiasts are awaiting the 25 year point to import R34's and are already paying nearly as much for R32's in good condition with a proper manual transmission as an 09 R35.

A co-worker was invited for his dealer's introduction of the C8. He liked the car, but the lack of a manual transmission left him cold. He left the dealer with a C7 manual.

The other problem with Corvettes compared to their competition is that although they are an absolute bargain to buy, once the restricted supply clears, they depreciate like a rock.
"The other problem with Corvettes compared to their competition is that although they are an absolute bargain to buy, once the restricted supply clears, they depreciate like a rock."
My 2020 was sold for a $17K profit, in the past buying used corvettes has always been a positive experience in our case.
Goldfinger

Post by Goldfinger »

smitcat wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:07 am
Jack FFR1846 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:55 am The lack of a manual and the fact that it is absolutely HUGE cross it off my list. The auto industry hasn't caught on yet that manual transmissions sell cars to enthusiasts. The R35 GT-R is a competition killer, but enthusiasts are awaiting the 25 year point to import R34's and are already paying nearly as much for R32's in good condition with a proper manual transmission as an 09 R35.

"The other problem with Corvettes compared to their competition is that although they are an absolute bargain to buy, once the restricted supply clears, they depreciate like a rock."
My 2020 was sold for a $17K profit, in the past buying used corvettes has always been a positive experience in our case.
Correct. I bought a 2015 C7 in October. Partially due to the backlog of C8s, the value of my C7 is 4K higher. Same for the Z06s. Don't even look at the 2019 ZR1. With only 2900 made, what sold at sticker (120K) 2 years ago cannot be found for less than 150K - often 170K and beyond - but the ZR1 is an anomaly in so many ways.

2 C4s that I drove from 1996-2005 barely cost the price of a Ford Taurus since I bought 'em both 2 years old.
"At cocktail parties lovely ladies would corner me and ask my opinion of the market, but alas, when they learned I was a bond man, they would quietly drift away." -- Sidney Homer/Salomon Bros
Workaholic

Post by Workaholic »

Jack FFR1846 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:55 am
The Corvette has one of the lowest depreciation rates of any mass-produced vehicle out there. I don't know where you get your information but it is incorrect. This has always been the case with the Corvette- not just the C8 model. The Corvette is probably one of the single best vehicles to buy for total cost of ownership as the depreciation is small, the insurance is fairly inexpensive, and the reliability is quite good.
squirm

Post by squirm »

My wife asked me about this, if I was interested in buying one. I told her honestly I used to be interested in Corvettes and Vipers but nowadays if it's not powered by a battery, I'm not interested, mid-engine or not.
Thaddeus

Post by Thaddeus »

My wife owns a C7 Stingray with manual transmission. We have owned it for 4 years now, and had it built to my wife's specifications. We are both life-long car enthusiasts, and we regularly drive "sportingly". We love the car. The C7 is truly one of the greatest sports cars in history. Anyone who says otherwise has not driven one. It has that rare combination of features and performance that makes it feel amazing to drive. Great for long days, too.
A used C7 should be considered. They represent an incredible value. I'm sure the C8 is fabulous also, but being mid-engine it is a completely different animal. We prefer the traditional long hood and manual tranny of our C7.
Topic Author
OldBallCoach

Post by OldBallCoach »

Thaddeus wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:07 pm My wife owns a C7 Stingray with manual transmission. We have owned it for 4 years now, and had it built to my wife's specifications. We are both life-long car enthusiasts, and we regularly drive "sportingly". We love the car. The C7 is truly one of the greatest sports cars in history. Anyone who says otherwise has not driven one. It has that rare combination of features and performance that makes it feel amazing to drive. Great for long days, too.
A used C7 should be considered. They represent an incredible value. I'm sure the C8 is fabulous also, but being mid-engine it is a completely different animal. We prefer the traditional long hood and manual tranny of our C7.
I agree the C7 is one hell of a car...I have driven them...I just sold a GT350R and still own a GTR..have owned several Porsche 911s before...just interested in something new, American, and frankly I think they are a great bang for the buck..I need to have some fun on my daily drives to work,,,hence..asking if anyone actaully owns C8 and their input...thank you for yours!!
CoAndy

Post by CoAndy »

I absolutely love the car. Next summer, hopefully I will have one.
finite_difference

Post by finite_difference »

Yeah I’m surprised they don’t have manual as an option. Why wouldn’t you want to have an option that you can charge $5k for?

Edit: apparently they dropped the manual because only 20% of people buy them:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2853 ... nsmission/
The most precious gift we can offer anyone is our attention. - Thich Nhat Hanh
Carguy85

Post by Carguy85 »

That dial shift selector is cute. I suppose I’d like to enjoy the driving experience to its fullest if I’m going to be buying a car for the joy of driving. It’s not much of a debate that the DCT is faster on the track but that’s hardly the point. C7 all the way.
lazydavid

Post by lazydavid »

Carguy85 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:46 pm That dial shift selector is cute.
The dial is the mode selector (comfort, sport, track). The shifter is pushbutton, and to the left of the mode selector:

YeahBuddy

Post by YeahBuddy »

I keep seeing posts in my car groups for C8s at $40k over sticker. I'm not a vette guy but if I were and in the market for one, there's something about that that turns me off. If you find one for sticker then grab it! I'm more of a mustang guy. Picked up a great condition 1990 fox body mustang in January with a 347 stroker, aluminum heads, long tube headers, cat delete with stage 5 clutch and short throw shifter its a great cruiser and price can't be beat at $6k :sharebeer
Light weight baby!
dt123

Post by dt123 »

Not sure how this will go over on a corvette posting, but I just picked up my 2021 Camaro SS 1LE that I ordered to my specs. I did look at the corvette both C7 and C8 but couldn't justify the difference in price. The Camaro with the 1LE track package means the car can spend all day at track speeds without any issue, which was important to me, but maybe not to most. But the Camaro built with all the extras still was less than half what a decent new vette would be.

One you get above 450HP or 450 torque, you're already far above what you could ever use on any street or highway, so if you don't plan on tracking the car, it seems like money spent just on status and bragging rights, which does seem very un-Boglehead to me.

Anyone know what car John Bogle drove?
henry

Post by henry »

dt123 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:31 am Anyone know what car John Bogle drove?
Volvo station wagons, according to this 2001 Forbes article.

"Except for his two birthday celebrations each year, John C. Bogle is one frugal man. The founder of fund giant Vanguard Group, he owns a modest four-bedroom home in suburban Philadelphia, 12 miles from his office. He drives Volvo station wagons, replacing them only when they get to be eight years old. And he wears a $14 watch, albeit for sentimental reasons."

https://www.forbes.com/forbes/2001/1210 ... f83e635330
killjoy2012

Post by killjoy2012 »

That view is dated and not really true anymore. C1-7 was certainly aimed at the older, financially secure individual looking for a good value play on a new American sportscar. That's changed with the c8 though, almost 180*. The value aspect is certainly still true. But it's now competing well with the low end exotics and luring in a younger ownership crowd, and if you've ever sat in one, it's clearly designed for a fitter individual WRT ergonomics & younger regarding tech. A manual isn't even an option, which is clearly a desire of many boomers today.

To the OP - the c8 is an awesome car & a great value; I've ridden in a dozen of them. I would definitely recommend you sit in one at a dealer, including all 3 seat choices, before buying, because as I said above, the c8 ergo is designed around a fit ~175lb 6' male. This not your cush, overweight boomer friendly ride anymore. And I say this as someone well north of 175 lbs.

And if you're serious about buying one, you better get on it. 2021 model year orders are already sold out.
killjoy2012

Post by killjoy2012 »

RobLyons wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:57 am I keep seeing posts in my car groups for C8s at $40k over sticker. I'm not a vette guy but if I were and in the market for one, there's something about that that turns me off. If you find one for sticker then grab it!
c8's can be had for sticker price, but it takes some shopping around and diligence. Bad dealers can and do mark up the prices; nothing GM can do about that. Demand is through the roof. 2021 orders are already sold out. Best you can do now is wait for the 2022 orders to open up, pre-find a dealer that will place and prioritize your order at sticker price, and place the order ASAP.

c8 demand is crazy high, and supplier parts shortages across the industry are also reducing supply.
Topic Author
OldBallCoach

Post by OldBallCoach »

killjoy2012 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:22 pm
RobLyons wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:57 am I keep seeing posts in my car groups for C8s at $40k over sticker. I'm not a vette guy but if I were and in the market for one, there's something about that that turns me off. If you find one for sticker then grab it!
c8's can be had for sticker price, but it takes some shopping around and diligence. Bad dealers can and do mark up the prices; nothing GM can do about that. Demand is through the roof. 2021 orders are already sold out. Best you can do now is wait for the 2022 orders to open up, pre-find a dealer that will place and prioritize your order at sticker price, and place the order ASAP.

c8 demand is crazy high, and supplier parts shortages across the industry are also reducing supply.
As I stated earlier I can get one at sticker from the dealer that is a very good friend of the program and I have driven one...he has access to a few that were preordered then people changed their mind...usually due to a covid thing or something...I didnt care so I didnt ask...but...we shall see...
Normchad

Post by Normchad »

OldBallCoach wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:42 pm
killjoy2012 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:22 pm

As I stated earlier I can get one at sticker from the dealer that is a very good friend of the program and I have driven one...he has access to a few that were preordered then people changed their mind...usually due to a covid thing or something...I didnt care so I didnt ask...but...we shall see...
Get it Coach, and tell us how great it is! The weather is getting to be perfect for this in your neck of the woods! Enjoy!
killjoy2012

Post by killjoy2012 »

Normchad wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:45 pm Get it Coach, and tell us how great it is! The weather is getting to be perfect for this in your neck of the woods! Enjoy!
I agree - get it! :) :beer

If I fit a bit better, I'd probably already own one. Plus I'm also waiting to see what the c8 Z06 spec will be, since that would be my preferred model vs stingray, but I'm sure the z06 sticker prices will likely be pushing $100k nicely equipped too.
manuvns

Post by manuvns »

OldBallCoach wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:09 pm Anyone pulled the trigger yet? I know its a totally non Boglehead kind of deal...but...Bueller?
I am hunting for ford raptor or maybe ford bronco . more utility with fun .
Thanks!
Starfish

Post by Starfish »

456M wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:50 pm

Some people drive from inside the car. Not that it looks bad (I think it's great actually), but who cares?
BruDude

Post by BruDude »

OldBallCoach wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:44 am OK...so a few things...money is not an issue. I have been blessed and am all set...as for the other brands...pretty much been there done them...have owned several Porsches, nice cars..pretty reliable really but would like to try and American car for a change up. Yea,I am an older guy and I have a GTR now, just sold a Shelby...Just looking for some feedback of folks that actually have bought one....I drive a very boring LandCruiser as my daily driver but like to shake the ride into work up a little bit now and then. The dealer is a friend of the program and said he will get me one in a week or so if I want one and I did drive one...not bad at all...Thank you all!!
If you can afford it, get a 458. Different price point obviously but one of the best cars ever made and prices will just keep going up now that it’s the last N/A V8 mid engine Ferrari. Cars I looked at a couple years ago in the $140-160k range are now in the $165-200k range.

The Z06 will be the car to have if sticking with Corvettes...but no info or pricing yet. Most dealers will want over MSRP but there are some that will give MSRP deals for people on the waiting list.
jeffG

Post by jeffG »

If you want to be more boglehead, by a C5, I’ve got a 6 speed convertible I paid $15K for 2 years ago, with less than 30,000 miles and absolutely clean as a new one.
Topic Author
OldBallCoach

Post by OldBallCoach »

BruDude wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:03 pm
If you can afford it, get a 458. Different price point obviously but one of the best cars ever made and prices will just keep going up now that it’s the last N/A V8 mid engine Ferrari. Cars I looked at a couple years ago in the $140-160k range are now in the $165-200k range.

The Z06 will be the car to have if sticking with Corvettes...but no info or pricing yet. Most dealers will want over MSRP but there are some that will give MSRP deals for people on the waiting list.
Well unless Ferrari includes service and towing no grazie. Reliable is kind of a sticking point for me. Thats one reason I love my GTRs...
JackoC

Post by JackoC »

Workaholic wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:34 pm
Jack FFR1846 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:55 am
The Corvette has one of the lowest depreciation rates of any mass-produced vehicle out there. I don't know where you get your information but it is incorrect. This has always been the case with the Corvette- not just the C8 model. The Corvette is probably one of the single best vehicles to buy for total cost of ownership as the depreciation is small, the insurance is fairly inexpensive, and the reliability is quite good.
The C8 is a great value in purchase price for the performance, at that level of performance which seems to be to make deprecation rate in % somewhat moot, though it's not entirely predictable. Surely depends in part what you're comparing to, but when a car at $80k-ish max is hard to distinguish in performance from ones 3 times as expensive it's got a huge advantage in absolute $ depreciation unless the % rate on the 3x car is extremely low.

On reliability Corvettes have varied over the whole range of Consumer Reports scores in recent generations:
2006 (second yr of C6): 5/5
2014 (first yr of C7): 4/5
2015: 1/5
2016: 1/5
2017: 3/5
2019: 5/5
2021 (C8, predicted): 2/5
And my own experience is that 'minor' stuff like electronics glitches isn't really less of a hassle than mechanical stuff (which I believe is often the basis for 'Corvettes are very reliable'). I had a Mercedes once where every problem was 'mickey mouse' but multiple and added up to a frustrating experience.

And the C8 has had bugs (valve springs, damage to radiator from road debris, etc). Also some complaints about tuning of chassis: understeer. But I've always thought of the C8 as something I might consider after they've had a couple of years to iron out the kinks in a clean-sheet-of-paper design. Which fits with my BMW M2 being not yet 3 yrs old.

The main issue for me is whether the C8 is ideal touring car, which would be its main mission for me. Our luggage, some hiking stuff and food from home for 2-3 week road trips fits in the M2 but without a huge amount of space left. Then there's 'can you use the performance reasonably legally on public roads?'. I'd say perhaps yes in terms of power. I use all the M2's power fairly often to pass on two lane road straightaways, though rarely otherwise. I don't consider it 'underpowered' but would use more if available, to some degree, for that purpose. OTOH (what I would perceive as) much better feel and confidence on very curvy roads than the M2 is probably difficult to achieve. Again fact that various reviews ding the C8 for this (and the response is 'well if you were a better driver...') is not making me itch to get one right now.
BruDude

Post by BruDude »

OldBallCoach wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:43 am
BruDude wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:03 pm

Well unless Ferrari includes service and towing no grazie. Reliable is kind of a sticking point for me. Thats one reason I love my GTRs...
Service is included free for 7 years but most 458s are older than that. The CPO warranty includes free towing from anywhere to the dealer. 458s are actually incredibly reliable, believe it or not.
phxjcc

Post by phxjcc »

If you like U200 LC's, I don't see how you will like it.

Odd advice, but try a 2008+ MBZ SL65 AMG.
TWIN TURBO V12 w/ 700/800 HP/TORQUE.

Unless you are doing monthly track sessions it is a much better option.

And a $200,000 car for $3x,000.
Topic Author
OldBallCoach

Post by OldBallCoach »

Well after driving the car and also looking at several other Corvettes my wife and I decided there was really only two options...a MB S560 Cabriolet or the AMG version of same...so...she is shopping for one...non Boglehead move I know but DW knows what she wants and I am not an idiot.