Comfortable Men's Flip Flops?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
hnd

Re: Comfortable Men's Flip Flops?

Post by hnd »

for waterproof flipply floppies its hard to beat the croc flip flops.

i run both the regular crocs (to embarass my children) and the flip flops.
barreg

Post by barreg »

elle wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:40 am
bltkmt wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:38 am I think Chaco makes the best - comfortable and durable.
Chaco are great too. My personal preference is Olukai then Chaco because the footbed material but that is definitely a personal preference (won’t go into details but I think my preference is due to a uniquely me issue). Chaco has great arch support. Can’t go wrong with either or both!

(I am very passionate about my flip flops :D )
I like Chaco's, but I can't wear them very long as the diamond pattern on the sole tends to irritate the bottom of my feet if I wear them too long. Also, while they're very durable, they're really heavy.
JS727

Post by JS727 »

I have Reef flip flops that I absolutely love. I bought them off of Amazon about 4 years ago. I pretty much live in those during the summer months and they are still in great shape and are very comfortable.
"And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul." | | - John Muir
gerntz

Post by gerntz »

I buy Columbia rubber ones at their outlet stores over & over for about $15. I'm on my 4th or 5th pair. Quite spongy. Last me about 2 years wearing 6 months/yr.
Topic Author
waltman300

Post by waltman300 »

Can anyone post some online like on amazon so i could take a look at these?

Again im looking for flip flops that look stylish... like pairing it with a t shirt and khaki shorts... and they are usually like a tan color. Also not sure the right term but like they look like premium flip flops compared to those cheap small flip flops you see people wear that barely cover their feet...
bhsince87

Post by bhsince87 »

I've been wearing a pair of Teva's for 3 years now. Like probably 7,000 hours.

They don't start out with any arch support, but they do mold to your feet over time.

I have no idea what a stylish flip flop would look like. They're flip flops.

These don't look cheap, if that's what you mean.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003S ... UTF8&psc=1
Time is what we want most, but what we use worst. William Penn
VictorStarr

Post by VictorStarr »

SmallSaver wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:17 pm Teva Mush. Super lightweight, extremely comfortable, foam molds to your foot (they seem a little chunky at first, but compress). I've been wearing them for 20 years (not the same pair). Only downside is they are super slippery when wet.
+1

I bought Teva Mush flip flops by accident and really like them. I've been wearing this model for around five year. Last year I could not find Teva Mush so I bought Teva Voya and like this model even more.
https://www.zappos.com/p/teva-voya-flip ... lor/786471
Topic Author
waltman300

Post by waltman300 »

Curious but could one post pictures here on this forum? Asking this because i like to take a photo of my current flip flops that i have... so you all could see exactly what type of flip flops i have etc and want something that look very similar.
ShaftoesSpreadsheet

Post by ShaftoesSpreadsheet »

Birkenstocks all the way for me. If on a budget check out the plastic Birkenstocks (Arizona Essentials) not a flip flop but more of a sandal. I see they also have the Honolulu which is a flip flop. Birkenstocks are designed by German engineers. So much better for your body than anything from a big box store / fashion brand.
Topic Author
waltman300

Post by waltman300 »

Just thought about another site... zappos... anyone have experience on this?

Thing is i really want to try it out like at a physical store as oppose to buying it online.

I guess i could just try visiting jcpenney, kohls etc when im back in the US then right? Again im from nyc.

The thing is i seen some online that looks like the ones i had but the issue is im not a fan of the brand anymore as i get older... by that i mean like american eagle or abercrombie and fitch. Since its like stitched right there.

Like i prefer something like dockers, banana republic, gap etc...

But could i post a picture of the docker flip flops i have now... so you guys can give opinion? Are we allowed to post photos on this forum?
delamer

Post by delamer »

waltman300 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:56 pm Just thought about another site... zappos... anyone have experience on this?

Thing is i really want to try it out like at a physical store as oppose to buying it online.

I guess i could just try visiting jcpenney, kohls etc when im back in the US then right? Again im from nyc.

The thing is i seen some online that looks like the ones i had but the issue is im not a fan of the brand anymore as i get older... by that i mean like american eagle or abercrombie and fitch. Since its like stitched right there.

Like i prefer something like dockers, banana republic, gap etc...

But could i post a picture of the docker flip flops i have now... so you guys can give opinion? Are we allowed to post photos on this forum?
Zappos is a good site. Free shipping both ways, and you have a year to do returns. I often order multiple similar items from it — say 3 pairs of black sandals — with plans to return all but one pair. It does take awhile to get returns posted to your credit card.
One thing that humbles me deeply is to see that human genius has its limits while human stupidity does not. - Alexandre Dumas, fils
BalancedJCB19

Post by BalancedJCB19 »

Nothing beats the comfort of Crocs if you can get past the looks, which I have no problem doing.
gr7070

Post by gr7070 »

PoppyA wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:05 amBirkenstocks
Unquestionably the best!

Been wearing them for 35 years. Only brand I buy. Not cheap, but crazy comfortable.

I usually own more than one and will get them resoled after years of use for another few more years of cheaper life.

I prefer the real leather ones, as well.
bgatze

Post by bgatze »

elle wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:02 am Try Olukai. You can get them at REI or Nordstroms.

They have arches unlike most flip flops so my feet don’t tire as quickly as flat flip flops. I’m female but I know males who own the same flip flop and swear by them.
I second this thought, I love my Olukai sandals and have several pairs
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” | ― Margaret Mead
UpperNwGuy

Post by UpperNwGuy »

Crocs. Use them, then toss them.
CobraKai

Post by CobraKai »

waltman300 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:05 pm The last time I had flip flops this comfortable was over a decade plus ago when i was in college and bought these tan flip flops from American Eagle... i worn them for maybe two years at least.... before it broke... but back then i only worn it maybe a month or two a year. But after those broke, any type of flip flops i bought were horrible. Almost all of the ones i buy were not comfortable and gave me pain... and it gave me calluses. So it was painful and all of that.
American Eagle had awesome leather flip flops 10-15 years ago. They were both stylish and comfortable. I don't know what they did or why they changed them, but that is no longer the case.
Cheez-It Guy

Post by Cheez-It Guy »

waltman300 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:43 pm Curious but could one post pictures here on this forum? Asking this because i like to take a photo of my current flip flops that i have... so you all could see exactly what type of flip flops i have etc and want something that look very similar.
You can post pictures, but they have to be hosted on another site. You also can't post animations or "distracting images". Ask me how I know.
Topic Author
waltman300

Post by waltman300 »

Okay well i know if i post picture here, i need to use a host site like imagebam or photobucker etc. But when i post the picture here... is it possible to post the picture in the thread where people could see it as oppose to needing to click on the link?
anoop

Post by anoop »

Mr.Chlorine wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:25 pm
PoppyA wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:05 amBirkenstocks
+1

Dropped $100 on a pair of birks while in college. It felt like too much at the time, but once I broke them in, they have been the best flip flop/sandal ever. That pair is over 5 years old now and I am debating getting a second pair just so I have a backup.
The new ones with soft footbed don't require any break in and are comfortable from day 1.
KL49

Post by KL49 »

Big fan of Sanuk
sunny_socal

Post by sunny_socal »

bgatze wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:07 am
elle wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:02 am Try Olukai. You can get them at REI or Nordstroms.

They have arches unlike most flip flops so my feet don’t tire as quickly as flat flip flops. I’m female but I know males who own the same flip flop and swear by them.
I second this thought, I love my Olukai sandals and have several pairs
Same, I love Olukai
Topic Author
waltman300

Post by waltman300 »

Okay went to few stores like target and they didn't have any good selection of men's flip flops.

What site is good to order online where i could order a bunch of them and plan to return most of it? Zappos? Amazon? While back i ordered pair off amazon... dockers one because it looked like the same one i had... only to find out it wasn't the same and was not comfortable to wear at all.

Any other good retail stores that i could find good looking and comfortable flip flops in nyc? Again for these flip flops, i do prefer to try them in person than order it online. I seen some on ebay that seem good that are dockers but obviously return policy on ebay is a bigger pain since its not free and easy like say amazon. Also i checked reef on amazon and for some reason, there always seem to be negative reviews?
Topic Author
waltman300

Post by waltman300 »

Posting
Last edited by waltman300 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Topic Author
waltman300

Post by waltman300 »

Anyone know where i can find flip flops like that?
sunny_socal

Post by sunny_socal »

waltman300 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:02 am Okay went to few stores like target and they didn't have any good selection of men's flip flops.

What site is good to order online where i could order a bunch of them and plan to return most of it? Zappos? Amazon? While back i ordered pair off amazon... dockers one because it looked like the same one i had... only to find out it wasn't the same and was not comfortable to wear at all.

Any other good retail stores that i could find good looking and comfortable flip flops in nyc? Again for these flip flops, i do prefer to try them in person than order it online. I seen some on ebay that seem good that are dockers but obviously return policy on ebay is a bigger pain since its not free and easy like say amazon. Also i checked reef on amazon and for some reason, there always seem to be negative reviews?
Beach, surfing and other outdoor shops carry good sandals and flip flops. Forget about Target/Walmart/Kohls, they're only going to have the crappy $10 type that will give you blisters.
Topic Author
waltman300

Post by waltman300 »

sunny_socal wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:46 am
waltman300 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:02 am Okay went to few stores like target and they didn't have any good selection of men's flip flops.

Beach, surfing and other outdoor shops carry good sandals and flip flops. Forget about Target/Walmart/Kohls, they're only going to have the crappy $10 type that will give you blisters.

Well the one i bought years ago was at jcpenney though...

So where does one find like those dockers flip flops then?

Like the ones i listed above... do you know what specific shops i could go to that might have these type of flip flops?
Topic Author
waltman300

Post by waltman300 »

So do most here agree buying any flip flop from Reef is a good solution then if i can't find similar dockers flip flops?

Either reef or rainbow right?

I know the other options could be banana republic/j crew but those don't seem to be the type i like as in the style
RJC

Post by RJC »

I just purchased the Adidas Duramo SL Slides. They are as comfortable as sneakers (thicker soles) and yet somewhat fashionable.
Topic Author
waltman300

Post by waltman300 »

I know those adidas slides you are talking about. But those are more like loungewear etc...

I want something where you could wear casually outside.

So it does seem like best brand is either Reef or Rainbow right? If so, which of the two do you prefer and do you find the sizing to be true to size? I do see amazon sells lot of reef and rainbow etc.
CobraKai

Post by CobraKai »

waltman300 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:48 am I know those adidas slides you are talking about. But those are more like loungewear etc...

I want something where you could wear casually outside.

So it does seem like best brand is either Reef or Rainbow right? If so, which of the two do you prefer and do you find the sizing to be true to size? I do see amazon sells lot of reef and rainbow etc.
Olukai is a good choice as well.
BTW a good place to get feedback is Amazon or Zappos reviews.
harrychan

Post by harrychan »

Surprised no one has mentioned Havaianas. Available on Amazon / Zappos and often at Nordstrom rack for under $20. I wear flip flops quite often during the Summer and they last.
This is not legal or certified financial advice but you know that already.
d0gerz

Post by d0gerz »

The problem with flip flops is you can't wear them with socks so only useful in the summer. Here in MA that's 2 maybe 3 months of the year. For this reason I prefer Crocs. Versatile all year-round and comfortable to boot.