Honda CRV-Satellite Radio

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Leesbro63

Honda CRV-Satellite Radio

Post by Leesbro63 »

A good friend is looking for a new 2021 Honda CR-V. Their old 2013 CR-V (base model) does not have SiriusXM satellite radio and it was complicated to install it...so they never did. They want it for the new car. Do all CRVs come with it? It would be better if it's factory installed and ready to go. Do only the higher "EX" cars come with it pre-installed (as it was in 2013)?
cdc

Re: Honda CRV-Satellite Radio

Post by cdc »

When we bought in 2019 they all had it and you got 3 months free.
LongRoad

Post by LongRoad »

Check out https://automobiles.honda.com/cr-v/spec ... comparison for details. Looks like it comes with the EX and above.
devopscoder

Post by devopscoder »

I use to be a satellite radio subscriber for twelve years but switched to AppleMusic and CarPlay. Lots more flexibility and I can stream music in the house as well as in the cars. I have no plans to go back to satellite radio in the future.
TLC1957

Post by TLC1957 »

My 2017 CRV has/had the satellite service we did not renew after 90 days because they played the same classic rock music like 30 songs over and over again.
dukeblue219

Post by dukeblue219 »

devopscoder wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:53 am I use to be a satellite radio subscriber for twelve years but switched to AppleMusic and CarPlay. Lots more flexibility and I can stream music in the house as well as in the cars. I have no plans to go back to satellite radio in the future.
There's plenty of content only available via SIRIUSXM though. Streaming makes sense for music probably, but Stern diehards out there or sports fans can't easily replicate the full set of Sirius XM content elsewhere.
Topic Author
Leesbro63

Post by Leesbro63 »

TLC1957 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:30 am My 2017 CRV has/had the satellite service we did not renew after 90 days because they played the same classic rock music like 30 songs over and over again.
They have one channel, "Yacht Rock Radio", that does exactly that. About 30 songs over and over. Christopher Cross, Michael McDonald and Boz Scaggs. I actually enjoy it, but only tune in every now and then because it IS the same thing over and over. I like having CNBC in the car and on my phone as well as Stern and some of the news channels during big news days.
Last edited by Leesbro63 on Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
devopscoder

Post by devopscoder »

dukeblue219 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:39 am There's plenty of content only available via SIRIUSXM though. Streaming makes sense for music probably, but Stern diehards out there or sports fans can't easily replicate the full set of Sirius XM content elsewhere.
True about Stern. As for sports, they could get MLB for $5 from a T-mobile subscriber. I've been doing this for about 4-5 years. Are there other sports?
I'm just so glad that I don't have to go through the annual price negotiation hassle every year that I had to do with SiriusXM.
likegarden

Post by likegarden »

I got it with a new Chevy 4 years ago, was never interested, but still got all their contacts trying to sign me up, was a pain.
dukeblue219

Post by dukeblue219 »

devopscoder wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:57 am
dukeblue219 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:39 am There's plenty of content only available via SIRIUSXM though. Streaming makes sense for music probably, but Stern diehards out there or sports fans can't easily replicate the full set of Sirius XM content elsewhere.
True about Stern. As for sports, they could get MLB for $5 from a T-mobile subscriber. I've been doing this for about 4-5 years. Are there other sports?
The NFL and college football are available on SIRIUSXM. They're pretty popular :)