toyota sequoia vs toyota sienna safety

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Blue456

toyota sequoia vs toyota sienna safety

Post by Blue456 »

We are in a market for a new car. Our family has 2 kids now + MIL. Wife is already set on 3rd kid and is secretly planning a 4th one :). We are in a market for large SUV due to safety concerns of smaller cars and in general need for space. At this point we are settled on Toyota and between Sienna and Sequoia 2021. Which one is safer?
IowaFarmBoy

Re: toyota sequoia vs toyota sienna safety

Post by IowaFarmBoy »

I'd take a look at the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) site (government agency) and IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) which is an insurance industry funded group. They both have websites that let you select a vehicle and see the ratings. Those are both good sources of unbiased information.
Sandtrap
Location: Hawaii No Ka Oi - white sandy beaches, N. Arizona 1 mile high.

Post by Sandtrap »

Sequoia is "body on frame" full size SUV. The platform is the same as the Toyota Tundra pickup truck.
Very different platform than the Sienna which is a minivan "unibody" (no frame).
Sometimes, having ample power will get one out of an impending crash. The Sequoia has a large V8 engine, rear wheel drive with 4wd options. The Sienna has a V6 (and 4 hybrid), front wheel drive with AWD optional.

For entirely safety, crash survivability, reasons, I would choose the Sequoia if size and weight and gas mileage and much higher price did not matter.

These are very different cars to compare. Like HVAC Ducts to Mallard Ducks.

Choosing cars is such an individual thing.
j :D
Last edited by Sandtrap on Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wiki Bogleheads Wiki: Everything You Need to Know
TheGreyingDuke

Post by TheGreyingDuke »

The Sienna has a hybrid 4 cylinder, new for this year
"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race." H.G. Wells
jodhpur

Post by jodhpur »

I can't imagine anything other than a Sequoia based on safety, durability, room.
Svensk Anga

Post by Svensk Anga »

Get insurance quotes on both for a data driven assessment of real world experience. My understanding is that SUVs are much more prone to rollover in crashes which amps up the injury potential.
dbr

Post by dbr »

Two generalizations that might apply:

1. Fatality rate in collisions is overall inversely proportional to mass. 4500/5700 = .79 means the bigger vehicle offers 80% of the chance of death in a collision on top of many other factors. At the same time you will be shifting the burden of death and injury to the other people on the road.

2. The chances of having an accident are proportional to miles driven. If you want to cut your chances of death or injury by 10%, then drive 10% less. In this case you will also be reducing the chances of death and injury to other people by a small amount spread over a lot of people.
jpelder

Post by jpelder »

The Sienna is a Top Safety Pick Plus according to the IIHS. As far as I can tell, IIHS hasn't even tested the Sequoia since I don't know when. No idea why that is.

In 2011, the NHTSA introduced much stricter tests. In 2009, in the old, less trying tests, the Sequoia received 5 stars for driver and 4 stars for passenger. They also haven't tested the Sequoia since then.

More or less, I would say that the Sienna is very safe, while the safety of the Sequoia is somewhat unknown. The Sequoia also hasn't had a major redesign since 2007, which was before the era of small-overlap crash tests, which simulate a very common type of wreck. Lots of manufacturers had to do some substantial reworks on vehicles to improve performance on this test.

All else equal, a heavier vehicle will do better in a crash, but I don't know whether all else is equal.
Topic Author
Blue456

Post by Blue456 »

IowaFarmBoy wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:28 am I'd take a look at the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) site (government agency) and IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) which is an insurance industry funded group. They both have websites that let you select a vehicle and see the ratings. Those are both good sources of unbiased information.
These won’t compare cars of different classes. A small car A rating is not equal to pick up truck A rating. Larger cars are safer in general.
caffeperfavore

Post by caffeperfavore »

Accident avoidance is a key factor in safety as well. Check out stopping distances and emergency handling.

While there is a correlation between weight and safety/fatalities, there is also a lot of variance there as well (e.g., according to the IIHS, the fatality rate for Mini Coopers is lower than Chevy Tahoes, https://www.iihs.org/ratings/driver-dea ... -and-model). Not all heavy vehicles are necessarily safe and not all smaller vehicles are unsafe as design and engineering matter. Safety is a function of many things, yet people always focus on weight, but that's just one piece of a larger equation.
David Jay

Post by David Jay »

jpelder wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:15 amThe Sienna is a Top Safety Pick Plus according to the IIHS.
There picks are always done “in class”, to obscure the fact that, for instance, subcompact fatality rates are multiples of full-size fatality rates. Because:
dbr wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:47 am 1. Fatality rate in collisions is overall inversely proportional to mass.
For safety: Sequoia
It's not an engineering problem - Hersh Shefrin | To get the "risk premium", you really do have to take the risk - nisiprius
mmmodem

Post by mmmodem »

Blue456 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:22 am Larger cars are safer in general.
Agree when in an accident. Safety, however, isn't just about surviving the accident. It's avoiding the accident altogether as well. Given the Sienna is a brand new model for this year and the Sequoia is well over a decade old, I'd consider the Sienna a safer overall vehicle including active and passive safety systems that were designed along with the vehicle versus added on through the years.
Topic Author
Blue456

Post by Blue456 »

caffeperfavore wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:25 am Accident avoidance is a key factor in safety as well. Check out stopping distances and emergency handling.

While there is a correlation between weight and safety/fatalities, there is also a lot of variance there as well (e.g., according to the IIHS, the fatality rate for Mini Coopers is lower than Chevy Tahoes, https://www.iihs.org/ratings/driver-dea ... -and-model). Not all heavy vehicles are necessarily safe and not all smaller vehicles are unsafe as design and engineering matter. Safety is a function of many things, yet people always focus on weight, but that's just one piece of a larger equation.
My knowledge of engineering and safety is minimal at best. Hence I’m here to seek advise. I got 2 kids and soon 3 and maybe even 4 down the road. We pretty much are thinking brand new sienna vs spending a little more than what we like and brand new sequoia. My wife was thinking about buying a used sequoia 2-3 years old.
lthenderson

Post by lthenderson »

Blue456 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:48 am Our family has 2 kids now + MIL. Wife is already set on 3rd kid and is secretly planning a 4th one :).
I don't know which one is safer but with this combination of potential riders, there is no way I would consider a Sequoia. The backseats are cramped, cargo space is limited, gas mileage is worse, ride quality due to the truck chassis is rougher for long trips and you can't get amenities like powered side doors for the kids. Our family of 5 (2 kids and a MIL) have an AWD Sienna and wouldn't trade it except for another new AWD Sienna.
caffeperfavore

Post by caffeperfavore »

Blue456 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:50 am
caffeperfavore wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:25 am Accident avoidance is a key factor in safety as well. Check out stopping distances and emergency handling.

My knowledge of engineering and safety is minimal at best. Hence I’m here to seek advise. I got 2 kids and soon 3 and maybe even 4 down the road. We pretty much are thinking brand new sienna vs spending a little more than what we like and brand new sequoia. My wife was thinking about buying a used sequoia 2-3 years old.
Yeah, that all makes sense. I would definitely go with the Sienna then for the room. I'm sure both will be very safe. While the Sequoia may be heavier (?), I wouldn't base the decision just on that. I'll bet the Sienna handles better too.
Last edited by caffeperfavore on Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ajcorpus

Post by Ajcorpus »

Op, we were literally in the exact situation about 10 yrs ago. We were looking at a sienna vs sequoia. After trying both, we went for the Sienna (I’ll say that my wife did have to convince a tad bit !). So glad we did, the Sienna is a fantastic value. We are going on a decade now and it’s going strong. Also, the newer siennas have lots of feature and it seems like they do not really update the sequoia for some reason. My vote is for the Sienna - kids space, newer features, great value, comfort, nice ride.
OldBallCoach

Post by OldBallCoach »

DD just bought a new Sienna...very nice AWD, great mileage, We have owned Seqouias in the family for about 500K worth, same with Landcruisers and 4 runners...all are build like trucks because they are...and as such, ride, handle, gas mileage, are not even close. Apples and oranges, but I dont think you can decide without driving both and see what you like. Some people HATE driving my Land Cruiser and I cant imagine owning a Lincoln or Caddy SUV...Personally we get back weather and a lot of snow so I like a truck type rig....AWD Sienna I bet is very good in snow as well up to a certain level...34 MPG vs 16 is something to think about also. Both are Toyotas so they will last a long time. Also do you tow anything? Enjoy your family and travel!!!
Topic Author
Blue456

Post by Blue456 »

OldBallCoach wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:53 am DD just bought a new Sienna...very nice AWD, great mileage, We have owned Seqouias in the family for about 500K worth, same with Landcruisers and 4 runners...all are build like trucks because they are...and as such, ride, handle, gas mileage, are not even close. Apples and oranges, but I dont think you can decide without driving both and see what you like. Some people HATE driving my Land Cruiser and I cant imagine owning a Lincoln or Caddy SUV...Personally we get back weather and a lot of snow so I like a truck type rig....AWD Sienna I bet is very good in snow as well up to a certain level...34 MPG vs 16 is something to think about also. Both are Toyotas so they will last a long time. Also do you tow anything? Enjoy your family and travel!!!
We love to travel. We will do a cross country road trip every 3 years or so.
rascott

Post by rascott »

The new Siennas are really nice and should be loads more comfortable for a large family on long trips than any SUV.

They are too new for full safety/crash ratings, but being a brand new design I'd be confident in it.
Plus with the hybrid, you are getting 35 MPG.
acepedro45

Post by acepedro45 »

Another vote for the Sienna here from a biased Sienna owner. It's possibly off topic as it doesn't address safety.

Keep in mind as a parent of little kids, you will likely want to permanently station car seats in the middle row. That means an adult will have to climb back and ride around in the third row routinely. Even in the gargantuan Sequoia, it will be a bit cramped back there for that adult.

We had the same choice with live-in inlaws and two small kids. Everybody seems happy with our Sienna.
Mysterious

Post by Mysterious »

My household owned both at the same time. This was in 2005-2017 but you might find our experience helpful.

We found the feel of driving the vehicles drastically different. As a previous poster stated they are built differently and so it stands that they would handle/drive differently.

The driver's ability to handle their vehicle is very important to safety. The drivers in our household found the Sequoia difficult to control. We often joked that it was like riding a horse in terms of feeling like you had to control the beast.

As time went on only the 6 foot tall driver wanted to drive the vehicle. Teenagers said no thanks and would take the bus. They did not feel comfortable driving the Sequoia at all.

Ours was a 2005 Sequoia. We sold it after 12 years and 200k. So, it wasn't THAT big of a deal for everyone but it was often a topic in the household. The Sequoia never fit car seats well (we had to adjust constantly) and the Sienna was the family vehicle.

Basically, the Sequoia was too much vehicle for our family of 7. The third row really wasn't usable and the cargo space too high and small. We had a rack on the back hitch for one trip and then determined Sienna was much more comfortable. We found that when you put your foot on the gas there was quite a noticable delay as the vehicle was heavy so it took 3-5 seconds to get the momentum going. The Sienna is much more nimble and we have been able to avoid crashes because of this. With the Sequoia, we had to drive off road once to avoid an accident and it was a beast in that situation and mowed down everything in it's path and came back on the road stable and no dents. That was spectacular and scary but we were all safe. We loved how high it was as we battle high waters about twice a year.

We replaced it with a Camry as the need for two 8 passenger vehicles went away. The 6 foot tall driver is much happier driving the Camry. The statement made was, "Now, it won't be so stressful to drive"
lazydavid

Post by lazydavid »

I would never recommend anyone buy a new Sequoia. Its sole redeeming quality is exceptional reliability of its ancient drivetrain. It is more cramped than it should be for its size, technology and safety equipment is literally a decade behind everything in its class (and pretty much any class, for that matter), it handles ponderously, brakes acceptably at best, and gets abysmal fuel economy. Other than that, it's great. Those that truly want one should buy used, as the most exciting feature added in the last 9 years is LED headlights in the higher trims for 2018. :?

The Sienna, on the other hand, is far roomier, better handling, quieter, smoother riding, gets exceptional fuel economy and has all the latest safety equipment.
squirm

Post by squirm »

Why don't you review the data from iihs and national traffic safety study? That would be my go to place not an internet forum - everything else is noise.
hi_there

Post by hi_there »

Large SUVs and minivans are both extremely safe based on NHTSA data. Both of those 2021 vehicles will also come with Toyota's full suite of active safety features. I think you should just buy the vehicle that suits your lifestyle the best.
HMSVictory

Post by HMSVictory »

The Sequoia is a 6,000 lb SUV with the 5.7L V8 and full steel frame. The sheer mass of the vehicle will protect you better in a crash. Because it sits up higher it will have a higher rollover risk. It will also get 11mpg. I've seen full size trucks with frames take nasty crashes and the drivers were not injured. The new active safety features are nice to keep you from crashing but they do nothing to prevent someone else from hitting you - then physics and sheer mass is your friend.

The Sienna is around 4,200 lb minivan with no frame. It sits much lower and will have significantly more interior room. Gas milage is at least 2x the Sequoia.

If you want a Sequoia I would buy one used as they haven't changed the design since.... 2009.
Stay the course!
TT

Post by TT »

delete
Last edited by TT on Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live Life Simple and Less Soft
h82goslw

Post by h82goslw »

More anecdotal evidence for you.....we have 3 kids (wife wanted a 4th and I shot that down). Had a Honda Odyssey for 7 years and it was great. Many family trips with PLENTY of room and no need for roof top carrier. Then I HAD to have a Nissan Armada. Bought a one year old off eBay and flew to another state and made the 10 hour drive home. Still have it 7 years later and runs awesome. My point to this story is the minivan is WAY bigger and holds more stuff and people even though its overall dimensions were considerably smaller. On family trips now (well, when we actually did them before COVID) have to use a roof top carrier as there’s not nearly enough room. And the Armada gets 14 mpg while the van got low to mid 20s. Not Toyota related but it’s minivan/SUV related.
jabberwockOG

Post by jabberwockOG »

David Jay wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:28 am
jpelder wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:15 amThe Sienna is a Top Safety Pick Plus according to the IIHS.
There picks are always done “in class”, to obscure the fact that, for instance, subcompact fatality rates are multiples of full-size fatality rates. Because:
dbr wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:47 am 1. Fatality rate in collisions is overall inversely proportional to mass.
Many are killed each year in single car accidents. In my neck of the woods, it is often someone in a big pickup or SUV driving too fast for their skill set. Hitting a big tree or a wall because you can't stop in time, or lost control of your large heavy vehicle, is a not uncommon accident. The tree could care less how much your car weighs.
hudson

Post by hudson »

Blue456 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:48 am We are in a market for a new car. Our family has 2 kids now + MIL. Wife is already set on 3rd kid and is secretly planning a 4th one :). We are in a market for large SUV due to safety concerns of smaller cars and in general need for space. At this point we are settled on Toyota and between Sienna and Sequoia 2021. Which one is safer?
Sequoia without any doubt. The Sequoia weighs about 1000 pounds more.
The lug nut rule is in effect here. The vehicle with the most lug nuts wins. :)
dbr

Post by dbr »

jabberwockOG wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:25 am
Many are killed each year in single car accidents. In my neck of the woods, it is often someone in a big pickup or SUV driving too fast for their skill set. Hitting a big tree or a wall because you can't stop in time, or lost control of your large heavy vehicle, is a not uncommon accident. The tree could care less how much your car weighs.
This is also correct.
David Jay

Post by David Jay »

The fatality rates are the fatality rates. I didn’t curate the data, but I know how to read:
Toyota Yaris vs Toyota Camry
Chevy Sonic vs Chevy Malibu
Honda Fit vs Honda Accord
It's not an engineering problem - Hersh Shefrin | To get the "risk premium", you really do have to take the risk - nisiprius
dbr

Post by dbr »

David Jay wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:57 am
The fatality rates are the fatality rates. I didn’t curate the data, but I know how to read:
More specifically the issue of weight has to do with the physics of collisions. A collision with a fixed object that behaves as an infinite mass is one extreme where the weight of the incident vehicle has no effect. Vehicle design can have an effect. A run off the road with rollover is another extreme that behaves as zero mass collision where the outcome is more dependent on restraint systems and not being thrown from the vehicle. Single vehicle accidents are also more prone to be sorted by driver behavior such as speeding, DUI, night, and bad conditions. Bad condition run off the road is usually lower speed but too high for conditions and good conditions run off the road is at higher speed due to driver behavior. Single vehicle accidents are more frequent for cars travelling faster than average for the road and multiple vehicle accidents for cars travelling slower than average for the road. It is safest to maintain the same travel speed as other vehicles.

It is absolutely true that the data is the data. As with any aggregate statistic there is great variation across individual circumstances. These include driver behavior, road types most used including typical speeds, and, of course, simple exposure in terms of amount of driving. Possibly the most dangerous conditions are driving too fast on two lane rural roads under good conditions, driving while under the influence, driving while distracted.

All of those considerations aside, vehicle mass has a dominating overall effect on fatality and injury rates that just can't be ignored.
Topic Author
Blue456

Post by Blue456 »

dbr wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:32 am
More specifically the issue of weight has to do with the physics of collisions. A collision with a fixed object that behaves as an infinite mass is one extreme where the weight of the incident vehicle has no effect. Vehicle design can have an effect. A run off the road with rollover is another extreme that behaves as zero mass collision where the outcome is more dependent on restraint systems and not being thrown from the vehicle. Single vehicle accidents are also more prone to be sorted by driver behavior such as speeding, DUI, night, and bad conditions. Bad condition run off the road is usually lower speed but too high for conditions and good conditions run off the road is at higher speed due to driver behavior. Single vehicle accidents are more frequent for cars travelling faster than average for the road and multiple vehicle accidents for cars travelling slower than average for the road. It is safest to maintain the same travel speed as other vehicles.

It is absolutely true that the data is the data. As with any aggregate statistic there is great variation across individual circumstances. These include driver behavior, road types most used including typical speeds, and, of course, simple exposure in terms of amount of driving. Possibly the most dangerous conditions are driving too fast on two lane rural roads under good conditions, driving while under the influence, driving while distracted.

All of those considerations aside, vehicle mass has a dominating overall effect on fatality and injury rates that just can't be ignored.
What we worry about is getting rear ended or T boned by F250. There is a bunch of those on the roads and it seems almost like an arms race.
Sandtrap

Post by Sandtrap »

+1

I’ve sat in a variety of cars and looked out the window and see the “tire” of a full size SUV or truck. Intuitively, there’s the thought of what would contact points be in a collision between a small to mid size car or minivan vs a full size body on frame SUV or Full Size Pickup. Not good for the smaller.

Paramedics and Fire Department friends have told me about on scene scenarios where cars and minivans and small to mid size suvs have gone partially under trucks and large suvs in collisions.

Glad to be driving my full size Toyota Tundra.
The Sequoia SUV has the same truck platform though I think there are even more air bags and safety features.

j🌺
squirm

Post by squirm »

Blue456 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:31 am
dbr wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:32 am

What we worry about is getting rear ended or T boned by F250. There is a bunch of those on the roads and it seems almost like an arms race.
That's because it is.
If you want to be safe - first, no playing with the phone put it away - second, always be aware who's around you, distance is your friend - last, drive a relatively safe vehicle. That's all you really can do. Good luck.
Sandtrap

Post by Sandtrap »

hudson wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:34 am
Blue456 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:48 am We are in a market for a new car. Our family has 2 kids now + MIL. Wife is already set on 3rd kid and is secretly planning a 4th one :). We are in a market for large SUV due to safety concerns of smaller cars and in general need for space. At this point we are settled on Toyota and between Sienna and Sequoia 2021. Which one is safer?
Sequoia without any doubt. The Sequoia weighs about 1000 pounds more.
+1
Now this is something I haven't heard!

Nissan Armada vs Toyota Sequoia?

hudson

Post by hudson »

Sandtrap wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:38 am
+1

[/quote]

Not that long ago, I heard it for the first time from a female co-worker. She grew up in farm country and she drove one of the older Suburbans still built on a truck chassis. She walked her talk. :)
dbr

Post by dbr »

hudson wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:56 am
Sandtrap wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:38 am
+1

Not that long ago, I heard it for the first time from a female co-worker. She grew up in farm country and she drove one of the older Suburbans still built on a truck chassis. She walked her talk. :)
[/quote]

Some years ago at work we had a "cylinders" competition. The contest was to add up the cylinder count for all the internal combustion engines you had. Lawn mowers, boat motors, snowmobiles, etc. got the count up. At one time in the middle of car purchases/scrapping and having a car for the kid I actually owned four large sedans with V-8's. Nobody could beat 32 cylinders no matter how many hobby vehicles they had.
hudson

Post by hudson »

dbr: 24
Carguy85

Post by Carguy85 »

Drive both. Get whichever you prefer. Sure the sequoia has the advantage with weight and height as well as towing but with obvious tradeoff in mpg. I’ve been in/driven both and own a 2017 sequoia...wife and kids have been giving the “minivan” a hard NO for quite some time. I can’t say I totally disagree though because I prefer big full frame vehicles although the Sienna is more practical given we don’t tow with it. There are some nonsense posts above but no need to address them...there is a butt for every seat.
hudson

Post by hudson »

Carguy85 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:58 am Drive both. Get whichever you prefer. Sure the sequoia has the advantage with weight and height as well as towing but with obvious tradeoff in mpg. I’ve been in/driven both and own a 2017 sequoia...wife and kids have been giving the “minivan” a hard NO for quite some time. I can’t say I totally disagree though because I prefer big full frame vehicles although the Sienna is more practical given we don’t tow with it. There are some nonsense posts above but no need to address them...there is a butt for every seat.
I've also driven both and own a Sienna and a Sequoia-almost Tundra (same in many respects)
The Sequoia/Tundras are no fun to park. The Sienna is great with dogs and kids...and easy to park.
I went with the Tundra with a cover over the bed, because I can keep my mountain bike in back. The Sequoia's not big enough in back.
Carguy85

Post by Carguy85 »

I’m on my 4th tundra😀. I like tried and true “old” technology. Yes sequoias are very tight in most spots...very wide with big doors...It’s a little bit of a joke with the wife...”doesnt anywhere have normal size parking spots?!”
Normchad

Post by Normchad »

They are both pretty terrific. I’d be happy owning and driving either one.

With kids though, the sliding doors on the minivan are awesome. You can be sure that your kids won’t accidentally door ding other cars in the parking lot.

For toddlers and infants, I found it was much easier on my back to get them in and out of a minivan.

I personally had a Sienna when our kid was 2-11 years old. Gotta admit though the Sequoia is pretty tempting.
Sandtrap

Post by Sandtrap »

hudson wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:17 am
Carguy85 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:58 am Drive both. Get whichever you prefer. Sure the sequoia has the advantage with weight and height as well as towing but with obvious tradeoff in mpg. I’ve been in/driven both and own a 2017 sequoia...wife and kids have been giving the “minivan” a hard NO for quite some time. I can’t say I totally disagree though because I prefer big full frame vehicles although the Sienna is more practical given we don’t tow with it. There are some nonsense posts above but no need to address them...there is a butt for every seat.
I've also driven both and own a Sienna and a Sequoia-almost Tundra (same in many respects)
The Sequoia/Tundras are no fun to park. The Sienna is great with dogs and kids...and easy to park.
I went with the Tundra with a cover over the bed, because I can keep my mountain bike in back. The Sequoia's not big enough in back.
+1
My Tundra (TRD 4wd etc) with the solid "Tri-Fold" bed cover has been the most practical, comfy, and reliable "car" I've ever owned. And, the best truck of many I've had as well.

White Coat Investor

Post by White Coat Investor »

We like Sequoias so much we have two. There are another 5 or 6 in the neighborhood too. Nobody has a Sienna.

The mileage is an issue. Very happy with the durability though. Mine has 256K miles on it and no signs of it dying any time soon. It's still valuable enough to do any repair short of a new engine or tranny.
1) Invest you must 2) Time is your friend 3) Impulse is your enemy | 4) Basic arithmetic works 5) Stick to simplicity 6) Stay the course