What fountain pen(s) should I buy?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
z91

What fountain pen(s) should I buy?

Post by z91 »

I don't write much, but have recently been fascinated with fountain pens. I think they are pretty cool for what they are and appreciate the build quality compared to other disposable pens I have laying around the house. I currently own a LAMY Safari but looking for some variety. I hear the Pilot Metropolitan is supposed to be a good one as well.

Any other Boglehead users have a fountain pen? What should I look out for?
Lee_WSP

Re: What fountain pen(s) should I buy?

Post by Lee_WSP »

Not using them often enough to keep the mechanism from drying has been my fountain pen Achilles heel. The lamy mechanism seems to work for me. I haven't tried waterman or pilot yet but have tried many cheaper brands. Since the lamy works fine, I'm not inclined to bother.

So, one vote for lamy. I like the Safari of course, but also like the 2000.
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

I’ve been using fountain pens for decades. I favor Pelikan especially the Souveräns. This website is devoted to all things Pelikan. https://thepelikansperch.com/ and don’t forget The Fountain Pen Network though it’s currently offline for a forum software upgrade. https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/
Last edited by Nicolas on Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peculiar_Investor
Site Admin

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

z91 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:50 pm Any other Boglehead users have a fountain pen?
A few mentioned it in viewtopic.php?f=11&t=203639.
Peculiar_Investor wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:00 pm My regular pen is a Waterman Phileas Blue Marble fountain pen that I've had for many, many years. It's my daily driver and used for just about everything. My refills are Waterman Serenity Blue.

I've used fountain pens on a regular basis since high school, think 1970's. Even then it was kinda unique and different to use a fountain pen.

When I'm in meetings and bring it out it almost always gets attention because not too many people use fountain pens these days. My brother-in-law is a fountain pen collector and uses them daily and is always looking to add to his extensive collection. He's the only other person I know that regularly uses a fountain pen.
My Waterman Phileas Blue Marble fountain pen is still going strong with daily use.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

Take a look at

https://fpgeeks.com/forum/forum.php

And also look at the "Brands" sub-forum there:
https://fpgeeks.com/forum/forumdisplay. ... db09f72125
There seems to be a subsection on Italian pens, Asian pens...
And don't forget the topics about inks and papers.
... and lots more :happy

There may be other "fountain pen" forum type websites to explore.
As usual, "Google Is Your Friend" (along with other fountain pen lovers).

Ages ago, I enjoyed using nice fountain pens, and I'm actually forgetting why I moved away from them.
(It was before I ended up with a keyboard attached to my fingertips. Since then, my handwriting has deteriorated, so I'm not sure any fancy writing materials would be worthwhile nowadays. :annoyed )

Enjoy!

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
msheald

Post by msheald »

Hello! I second Pelikan. I use the M200.

Mike
HawkeyePierce

Post by HawkeyePierce »

I'm a fan of the Pilot Metropolitan. It's my desk pen. My other is a Kaweco Sport in raw aluminum that I use for travel.

I like a very fine nib so I've never been a huge Lamy fan.
UpperNwGuy

Post by UpperNwGuy »

Google "the Goulet Pen Company" and take a look at the wide variety of choices at all price points.
Bogle7

Post by Bogle7 »

I write in my journal everyday with my Waterman.
Old fart who does three index stock funds, baby.
Betterself

Post by Betterself »

I use pilot decimal ( cap less) for years. A fan of pilot
sambb

Post by sambb »

david oscarson are nice
mindboggling

Post by mindboggling »

I am fairly new to fountain pens but I have a Pilot Metropolitan, a Pilot Cavalier, and a TWISBI Diamond 580.

I greatly prefer my Pilot pens. They are both cartridge pens and take the proprietary Pilot cartridge, but there are many ink colors available. Both pens have very smooth nibs. The Metropolitan is considered a beginner's pen, but mine has a great nib. The Cavalier is fancier cosmetically and has a slimmer body. I recommend either one.

The TWISBI has a mechanism to draw ink from a bottle and thus is not a cartridge pen. It's a marvel of precision plastics engineering but I find the nib (allegedly made by another company) to be much scratchier. Because of the inferior nib, I'm not a fan. Body thickness is similar to the Pilot Metropolitan.

If you're just starting out, you can't go wrong with Pilot. Even their cheaper pens seem to have good nibs.

Also, paper quality matters.

I buy from jetpens.com. They also have a lot of tutorials about various aspects of fountain pens.
In broken mathematics, We estimate our prize, --Emily Dickinson
gubernaculum

Post by gubernaculum »

Pelikan is in my experience superior to MontBlanc and others due to durability. I have various Pelikans, and love them all. Montblancs haven't fared well.
hunoraut

Post by hunoraut »

Waterman Phileas line is the best I’ve used. Feels nice in hand, has consistent ink delivery, and the smoothest nib feel on paper. It is also compatible with convenient disposable cartridges.

Some of the other classic ones include Pilot vanishing point, Lamy 2000, etc, due to their design. They’re not particularly great to use and are overall fussy given the nature of fountain pens. I’ve also had them leak in my various bags which is not cool. Near novelty but should not be a primary instrument.
lthenderson

Post by lthenderson »

For my everyday pen, I have used a Lamy2000 and have never had a problem with it. I was just looking online earlier for my third bottle of ink to purchase and run through it.
Sandtrap
Location: Hawaii No Ka Oi - white sandy beaches, N. Arizona 1 mile high.

Post by Sandtrap »

fountain pen network forum
https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/
all things fountain pen, inks, paper, global correspondence snail mail

Pelikan, TWSBI Diamond 580 alr, vintage restored Parker Vacumatics
Large ink capacity, reliable.
More types of ink in bottles

Custom tune nibs for better writing.
Paper for fountain pens, Rhodia, etc.
Inks vary in slipperyness, density, etc. (water soluble dries less in the pen)

Good opportunity to rediscover the Palmer Business Script learned in 4rth grade parochial school. :shock: :shock:

Use my fountain pens daily for corresponding and journaling. :D :D
j :)
Last edited by Sandtrap on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wiki Bogleheads Wiki: Everything You Need to Know
tm3

Post by tm3 »

z91 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:50 pm I don't write much, but have recently been fascinated with fountain pens. I think they are pretty cool for what they are and appreciate the build quality compared to other disposable pens I have laying around the house. I currently own a LAMY Safari but looking for some variety. I hear the Pilot Metropolitan is supposed to be a good one as well.

Any other Boglehead users have a fountain pen? What should I look out for?
I've enjoyed using and fiddling with fountain pens. It's good that I enjoy the fiddling part, because in my experience there is a lot of it. Some FPs dry out a few days after filling, some write too dryly and require as much or more pressure than a ballpoint, some require tweaking of the feed system, some leak on your clothing, etc.

Having said that, a good FP on good paper is a lot of fun, and having a wide choice of ink colors is fun. My experience has been that "good" is not related to price. The best FP I have is a Lamy Safari -- the nib floats across the page, refill required maybe once a month, durable. I've paid a lot more for pens that are not nearly as good. One nice thing about the Safari is that it is easy to change the nib if you want to go wider or narrower or italic. Also, I have heard good things about Lamy customer service although I have never had to use it.

As far as other choices, I have heard that the Pilot Metropolitan is great bang for the buck. I have a Pilot that dries out 3 days after a fill so I would not buy the Metro. I have a Pilot VPen disposable, cost maybe $4, that outperforms all my other pens except my Safari and Pelikan. Among pen aficionados, Pelikan seems to be the most revered brand. I have a 400 that I got a great deal on. It is a very nice pen but IMO not worth anywhere near the retail price (I prefer the Safari). Pelikan CS is great, in my experience. I have a TWISBI that is a great size and weight but the nib sucks and the CS sucks even more. I could perhaps bring it into service with a new nib but I'm not putting good money after bad on that one.

Good luck in your hunt! If you get frustrated keep in mind that you can get very close to the same experience with a G2 1.0 or a Uniball Jetstream and have none of the headaches.
Bammerman

Post by Bammerman »

Do you want a pen that is for "show" or for "go"? In my experience it usually comes down to a choice between the two. My best "go" pens are Pelikan and Waterman Phileas.

Okay, as soon as I typed that, I realized I had forgotten my sterling silver Parker 75 (s) ! Sorry about that, Parker. Great, beautiful, durable pens.

But there are many fountain pens (mostly Italian?) that look fantastic, and unfortunately that is really what they are good for.
craiggsean

Post by craiggsean »

I also am a fan of Jetpens for their superb customer service and huge product selection https://www.jetpens.com/Fountain-Pens/ct/214.

These videos are very helpful for selecting the right fountain pens.
The Best Fountain Pens for Every Budget
https://www.jetpens.com/blog/the-best-f ... get/pt/368
https://www.jetpens.com/blog/the-beginn ... ens/pt/927
https://www.jetpens.com/Top-5-Fountain- ... ers/vd/175

:beer
mindboggling wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:58 pm I am fairly new to fountain pens but I have a Pilot Metropolitan, a Pilot Cavalier, and a TWISBI Diamond 580.

I greatly prefer my Pilot pens. They are both cartridge pens and take the proprietary Pilot cartridge, but there are many ink colors available. Both pens have very smooth nibs. The Metropolitan is considered a beginner's pen, but mine has a great nib. The Cavalier is fancier cosmetically and has a slimmer body. I recommend either one.

The TWISBI has a mechanism to draw ink from a bottle and thus is not a cartridge pen. It's a marvel of precision plastics engineering but I find the nib (allegedly made by another company) to be much scratchier. Because of the inferior nib, I'm not a fan. Body thickness is similar to the Pilot Metropolitan.

If you're just starting out, you can't go wrong with Pilot. Even their cheaper pens seem to have good nibs.

Also, paper quality matters.

I buy from jetpens.com. They also have a lot of tutorials about various aspects of fountain pens.
Kagord

Post by Kagord »

Thee finds "fountain pens" hast extirpated lit'rature in the lasteth 150 years. Yond's wherefore i only writeth with a feather and inkwell in the olden w'rld style. To each their owneth.
Abe

Post by Abe »

The Pilot Metropolitan is a pretty good inexpensive fountain pen. I have one among others that I use occasionally.
Slow and steady wins the race.
sherwink

Post by sherwink »

I've used a 1911 Sailor full size for years. I do not need any other.
desiderium

Post by desiderium »

sherwink wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:44 pm I've used a 1911 Sailor full size for years. I do not need any other.
+1
This is my everyday pen as well.
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

I had the same question a year or so ago and hunted around for info and reviews. I settled on a TWSBI (https://www.twsbi.com/) and am impressed by it. I bought two, medium and fine. There is not much difference between the two but I prefer the fine.

I have the 580 Diamond ALR model, at about $60
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker (aka S.O.B.), the Cowboy Poet
Sandtrap

Post by Sandtrap »

bertilak wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:12 am I had the same question a year or so ago and hunted around for info and reviews. I settled on a TWSBI (https://www.twsbi.com/) and am impressed by it. I bought two, medium and fine. There is not much difference between the two but I prefer the fine.

I have the 580 Diamond ALR model, at about $60
+1
And TWSBI great return policy.😃

j🌺
MarkBarb

Post by MarkBarb »

I love the Pilot Vanishing Point for everyday use. It's a clicker, like a ballpoint, but it's a fountain pen. More convenient than using a cap.
drob

Post by drob »

I also love the Lamy Safari and the Pelikan M200.
ray.james

Post by ray.james »

I used them until a few years ago.

Lamy studio is a good one. If you are into colorful/artistic ones, Asia has some awesome pen makers from Malaysia and India. Lotus pens are one of my favorite( you can get custom hand painted). There is Mont Banc from Germany and many French makers, if you want to go into collectors range.
When in doubt, http://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79939
windaar

Post by windaar »

I have used fountain pens my entire life. My daily pens are from the Waterman Phileas line with a medium nib, using ink cartridges. To me these write the best and feel great in your hand. And they are not super expensive.
Nobody knows nothing.
jackholloway

Post by jackholloway »

I like the TWSBI Eco line. Inexpensive, relatively, nice nibs, piston filling.

I have fine, medium, and broad nibs, and fill with Pilot and J. Herbin inks. Most of my pens come from JetPens.
Topic Author
z91

Post by z91 »

Thanks all! I've just received a TWSBI Eco and Pilot Metropolitan in the mail. They are both fantastic in their own right. I love the premium feel of the Pilot and am astounded at the price. Definitely feels a lot better than my Safari.

The TWSBI Eco body quality feels like a step between the LAMY and the Pilot, but is amazing to see the ink twirl around and the writing is much more fun.

Super glad I added these to my small collection.
Jazztonight

Fountain Pen Users

Post by Jazztonight »

[I merged the update thread into the earlier thread to keep the conversation focused. -- moderator oldcomputerguy]

I recently came across a fountain pen thread from 2020 and thought I'd update it: viewtopic.php?t=331542

Personally, I'm a confirmed fountain pen user--for daily journaling and regular correspondence.

I started using fountain pens at work decades ago when I just got so tired of throwing away plastic disposable pens. So I began using a fountain pen at work and my patients were inevitably curious, and many remarked on their own (previous) use of pens. I'm currently retired, but I still love using my pens every day. (I do not use ink cartridges--I just fill the pen from a bottle.)

Personally, I like Pelikan pens (I have two M400's plus an M600 and a 150), but like most FP users I have a few more in my collection--Waterman, Lamy, etc. I stick with Blue-Black or Black ink (some correspondents change colors with each page!) and Rhodia writing paper and journals--they're very smooth.

Currently I have about a dozen fountain pen correspondents in the US and Europe, and one in Australia. After establishing relationships via correspondence, I've had the great pleasure of meeting some of these friends in person during pre-pandemic travel; the ones I've met live in San Francisco, New York, Omaha, Arizona, The Netherlands, Australia, and New Mexico. At least one is a Boglehead!

Most of my written communication is via email. But I can assure you that corresponding for years with someone via letters is a special thing--the conversations are deeper, more meaningful, and rewarding in many ways. (YMMV)

(If anyone is looking for a snail mail correspondent, PM me.)
"What does not destroy me, makes me stronger." Nietzsche
solaris17

Re: Fountain Pen Users

Post by solaris17 »

Jazztonight--I also enjoy writing with fountain pens. But I get annoyed when I get ink stains on my hands when refilling cartridges from ink bottles. Any recommendations for preventing that?
solaris17

Post by solaris17 »

(I enjoy refilling from an ink bottle, and would prefer not to simply use disposable cartridges.)
Godot

Post by Godot »

Jazztonight wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:35 pm I recently came across a fountain pen thread from 2020 and thought I'd update it: viewtopic.php?t=331542

Personally, I'm a confirmed fountain pen user--for daily journaling and regular correspondence.

I started using fountain pens at work decades ago when I just got so tired of throwing away plastic disposable pens. So I began using a fountain pen at work and my patients were inevitably curious, and many remarked on their own (previous) use of pens. I'm currently retired, but I still love using my pens every day. (I do not use ink cartridges--I just fill the pen from a bottle.)

Personally, I like Pelikan pens (I have two M400's plus an M600 and a 150), but like most FP users I have a few more in my collection--Waterman, Lamy, etc. I stick with Blue-Black or Black ink (some correspondents change colors with each page!) and Rhodia writing paper and journals--they're very smooth.

Currently I have about a dozen fountain pen correspondents in the US and Europe, and one in Australia. After establishing relationships via correspondence, I've had the great pleasure of meeting some of these friends in person during pre-pandemic travel; the ones I've met live in San Francisco, New York, Omaha, Arizona, The Netherlands, Australia, and New Mexico. At least one is a Boglehead!

Most of my written communication is via email. But I can assure you that corresponding for years with someone via letters is a special thing--the conversations are deeper, more meaningful, and rewarding in many ways. (YMMV)

(If anyone is looking for a snail mail correspondent, PM me.)
Email has spoiled me. How do you address revision when writing letters with a fountain pen?
"The day you die is just like any other, only shorter." | ― Samuel Beckett
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

I’m also a fountain pen aficionado but since retirement do little writing anymore. I wouldn’t establish any kind of pen-pal relationship as I have nothing to say. My current ink supply should last me through my lifetime I’m sure. Like you I favor Pelikans and their 4001 Blau-Schwarz bottled ink. I even picked up four bottles when I was in Germany a decade ago since you can’t buy it in this country anymore due to prohibited content. I own many other bottled inks also.

I own five Pelikans: a green striated M800, a blue striated M600, a White Tortoise M400, a Smoky Quartz M200, and a special-edition demonstrator M200 with gold bands, cap, and etc. I own other pens including TWSBIs and a Waterman from the 1930s. When writing anything I go for my fountain pens first, except perhaps when writing checks or addressing envelopes.
Jazztonight

Post by Jazztonight »

Nicolas wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:00 pm I’m also a fountain pen aficionado but since retirement do little writing anymore. I wouldn’t establish any kind of pen-pal relationship as I have nothing to say.
I find it hard to believe that you have nothing to say. Really. You have over 3000 posts on this Forum.

(btw, I also have a blue striated M600 and a white tortoise M400. Great minds...)
Last edited by Jazztonight on Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jazztonight

Post by Jazztonight »

Godot wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:57 pm Email has spoiled me. How do you address revision when writing letters with a fountain pen?
Revision? You mean if I want to change my mind or my opinion after I've written something in ink?

Hmmm. Well, if it's a couple of words or a short statement, I'll draw a line through it.

But if you mean "editing" like cut it out completely and write something new, my response would be that the trick would be to form (or formulate) thoughts in sentences or paragraphs that you feel comfortable writing, then keep them as written.

Although I am not one of them, I get letters from a dozen people who rarely if ever cross out a word. Their letters are well-thought-out, succinct, interesting, funny, erudite, or even philosophical. Some writers are not very dense in their composition, but if they didn't have something meaningful to say (or ask), why would I keep writing back to them?

Some writers tell about the weather, the birds, cooking, their ongoing health/exercise issues, interesting people they know, problems with dealing with family members or co-workers--stuff we encounter every day. I write about music, exercise, food, books and movies, Spanish study, travel (or no travel), upcoming events--you name it. What would you talk about to a good friend who's willing to listen to you for a few minutes?
Jazztonight

Post by Jazztonight »

solaris17 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:54 pm Jazztonight--I also enjoy writing with fountain pens. But I get annoyed when I get ink stains on my hands when refilling cartridges from ink bottles. Any recommendations for preventing that?
Ink stains on fingers used to bother me too. Then I was told by some veterans that it's okay to have some ink stains; who cares? Maybe it's a conversation starter? My father was a commercial artist who worked with India ink, and always had minor stains on his fingers. I was proud and loved him still!

But honestly, I've seen videos of people filling pens from bottled ink and am amazed they can do it without any stains. I use paper towels and am as careful as I can be, but there's the inevitable stain here and there. It all washes off after a day, pretty much.

There might be fewer problems if you used a piston-filler (like a Pelikan).
windaar

Post by windaar »

I really like the fairly recent Penlux fountain pens. They are large, fill from a bottle, come in many colors, write well, and are under $200.
Nobody knows nothing.
Mr. Rumples

Post by Mr. Rumples »

I don't know anything about them other than I was given a Parker 51 fountain pen which is nice when I want to write a nice note. Apparently, this is the pen Queen Elizabeth is most photographed with. I would have accepted the 23 carat gold Parker she was given - but has not been seen using.
"History is the memory of time, the life of the dead and the happiness of the living." Captain John Smith 1580-1631
desiderium

Post by desiderium »

I love the way a fountain pen causes me to slow down and really write. I miss the days of long letters, but I still have a few good correspondents and it's fun to surprise people with an old fashioned letter. I loved a sailor 1911 until I did something to the nib (repair TBD) and my current favorite is a Namiki custom 823. I spread a fair amount of ink an a seven seas journal, which seems to rarely end. I admire the Pelikan pens and an M805 is probably my next pen. My planner sits with a pilot metropolitan and I am always grateful for how well that one writes. I like to handle different pens, but there are so few venues for that anymore, and not in my city. Online shopping is, well, like email compared with writing letters.
Bogle7

Post by Bogle7 »

I use my Waterman Lauréat for my daily journal.
You can waste hours of your time at https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/
Last edited by Bogle7 on Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old fart who does three index stock funds, baby.
tooluser

Post by tooluser »

I have terrible penmanship. Unless I deliberately take my time, no one can read my writing or printing except me (usually). But it was quite decent before I graduated college and got a full-time job. I noticed the change within a few months of starting to write checks and sign never ending forms. When I retire, real soon now, I hope to pursue relearning the patience of taking one's time to produce the small work of art that writing can be.
Jazztonight

Post by Jazztonight »

Bogle7 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:49 pm I use my Waterman Lauréat for my journal.
Nice pen. Do you journal every day?
I used to browse through the FPN forum. One valuable source on the site is "The Write Stuff," and then maneuver to "Snail Mail" where people can find others who want to correspond. I've found many wonderful correspondents via that source.
Jazztonight

Post by Jazztonight »

tooluser wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:23 pm I have terrible penmanship...
I've found over the decades of handwritten correspondence that no one really gives a hoot about your handwriting. Mine is pretty bad, but I aim to make it "legible." Ironically, some people who write to me have very "fancy" script that I can barely decipher!

My personal opinion is to try not to prejudge your writing; the message is more important than the scrawl. Your correspondents will not care. Trust me.
When I retire, real soon now, I hope to pursue relearning the patience of taking one's time to produce the small work of art that writing can be.
That would be an interesting retirement project. (I tried, but gave up, and work on improving my Spanish instead.)
Jazztonight

Post by Jazztonight »

desiderium wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:46 pm I love the way a fountain pen causes me to slow down and really write.
I hear ya.
I miss the days of long letters, but I still have a few good correspondents and it's fun to surprise people with an old fashioned letter.
It's also fun to receive letters, isn't it!
Sandtrap

Post by Sandtrap »

solaris17 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:54 pm Jazztonight--I also enjoy writing with fountain pens. But I get annoyed when I get ink stains on my hands when refilling cartridges from ink bottles. Any recommendations for preventing that?
Small plastic tub for safety. Dedicate this tub for this purpose.
Line with paper towels
Cut a stack of paper towels in quarters
Latex surgical gloves that fit well
The right calm mood and music
Scrub up and wear gloves
Open ink bottle in tub
Open pen
Left hand holds pen in bottle to cover the nib
Twist end of Pelikan or TWSBI or press plunger on Parker etc
Continue to Grasp pen barrel with right hand
Pull out of bottle slowly
Spin the end in a wad of paper towel cut squares
Repeat
Assemble pen carefully
Cap bottle
Remove gloves and leave in the tub for the next pen.

Cautions

Don’t rush
Don’t ever ever drop the pen
Don’t cap too tight or the cap will freeze to the bottle

Tips:
Keep an index card and write the type of pen and ink that’s in it. Dedicate that ink to that pen.

Use pen with fountain pen paper. Rhodia etc.

Practice writing cursive as you were taught in 3rd grade in Mary Ellen Robinsons classroom.
j🌺
5Cent

Post by 5Cent »

I grew up in a country where fountain pen use was common and that was the primary mode of writing during my schooling.

I hardly write non-digitally anymore. But a few years ago, I bought a few Lamy safari's (mostly to see what the hype was about) and was pleasantly surprised by their quality. I use them at work in meetings to take notes.

Not to steal the thread, but any suggestions on a pen upgrade? I am thinking of the Lamy 2000 as my next one?

Also thanks for sharing
The wastage has begun!
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

tooluser wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:23 pm I have terrible penmanship. Unless I deliberately take my time, no one can read my writing or printing except me (usually). But it was quite decent before I graduated college and got a full-time job. I noticed the change within a few months of starting to write checks and sign never ending forms. When I retire, real soon now, I hope to pursue relearning the patience of taking one's time to produce the small work of art that writing can be.
There are books available to teach you to write in
Spencerian script which is pretty nice.