Best non-cotton undershirts that run long and stay tucked in?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Messner8000

Best non-cotton undershirts that run long and stay tucked in?

Post by Messner8000 »

This is one of those issues I've spent way too much time trying to figure out, so I thought I'd reach out to the brain trust.

For years I've worn cheap cotton undershirts under my dress shirts for work, and they always come untucked. I would like to buy some longer undershirts that are made from something other than 100% cotton (for comfort) and that are long enough to stay tucked in.

Any recommendations? I bought 5 Mack Weldon undershirts, which are very comfortable and run long. But after one year the collars have lost their shape and I'd like a crisper undershirt collar for when the collar is visible (which seems to me like a reasonable ask when you're paying $30+ an undershirt).

Thanks!
meebers

Re: Best non-cotton undershirts that run long and stay tucked in?

Post by meebers »

canderson

Post by canderson »

RibbedTee, by a county mile. But buy ASAP - they are shutting down.
stan1

Post by stan1 »

I bought some UnderFit shirts many years ago now then bought a drawer full because we don't wash whites every week. Have never thrown one out which probably is not good for the company because I have not bought any in years.

Several things I like about them that may or may not be what you are looking for. First, the shirts are tailored and longer not loose and boxy so they stay tucked in. The fabric is lightweight (cool) yet sturdy. Finally they have a deep V-neck so they never show at the neck.

Sorry to hear RibbedTee is shutting down, they were going to be my second source when I needed to replace the UnderFit shirts.
scifilover

Post by scifilover »

I wear J C Penney undershirts. They have both 100% cotton, and blended cotton/poly. T shirts are available in tall, X-tall, and regular. They have regular sales, and the prices are reasonable. I am tall, and buy XL/XT shirts. They stay tucked in as they are quite long. After I have worn them for a couple of years and they have softened ever further DW wears them for night shirts.
notBobToo

Post by notBobToo »

scifilover wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:28 am I wear J C Penney undershirts. They have both 100% cotton, and blended cotton/poly. T shirts are available in tall, X-tall, and regular. They have regular sales, and the prices are reasonable. I am tall, and buy XL/XT shirts. They stay tucked in as they are quite long. After I have worn them for a couple of years and they have softened ever further DW wears them for night shirts.
+1

The JCP brand name of Stafford, I believe. I am not tall (well, a shade under 6') but swear by their LT undershirts. The best.
sixty40

Post by sixty40 »

The “30 degrees”(?) brand undershirts at Costco, 2 for $10 I think. Very soft and not cotton, fairly stretchy and stays tucked.
avenger

Post by avenger »

Try tucking your shirt into your underwear, then tucking your collared shirt into the pants (above the underwear).
This is a hack I came up with a few years ago. I’ve never had an untucked undershirt since.
cheers ... -Mark | "Our life is frittered away with detail. Simplify. Simplify." -Henry David Thoreau | [VTI, VXUS, VWITX, SV fund]
JBTX

Post by JBTX »

notBobToo wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:44 pm
scifilover wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:28 am I wear J C Penney undershirts. They have both 100% cotton, and blended cotton/poly. T shirts are available in tall, X-tall, and regular. They have regular sales, and the prices are reasonable. I am tall, and buy XL/XT shirts. They stay tucked in as they are quite long. After I have worn them for a couple of years and they have softened ever further DW wears them for night shirts.
+1

The JCP brand name of Stafford, I believe. I am not tall (well, a shade under 6') but swear by their LT undershirts. The best.
+2

Been using Stafford for years. They have tall sizes.

It does seem like their quality has decreased some from a decade ago, but still better than most. They shrink less than others, the the sleeves keep their length too.