Sole brand exercise bike

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
TheGreyingDuke

Sole brand exercise bike

Post by TheGreyingDuke »

I am close to buying a bike, I have used a recumbent in the gym for years, not going back there. I thought I needed to buy a commercial-grade unit, looked at a Precor that was refurbed, 50% off of new.

https://www.advantagefitness.com/precor-rbk-885

I then came across the Sole brand, all the reviews online are real puff pieces, I am looking to see if anyone has real-world experience.

https://www.soletreadmills.com/bikes/lc ... -bike-2017
"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race." H.G. Wells
ellvizzle

Re: Sole brand exercise bike

Post by ellvizzle »

I can’t speak to their bike but we’ve had a Sole elliptical for about 7 years and have been very happy. Good features, durable and has been easy to maintain.
rivercrosser

Post by rivercrosser »

Also have a Sole elipitical. They make near gym quality stuff.
Maven

Post by Maven »

I can't speak for this specific brand bike, however I'm a personal trainer and I do have one suggestion for buying a recumbent bike. They are notorious for being very difficult to pedal even on the lowest level. I have not experienced this in gyms as much as I have with my clients who own bikes in their homes. I have three clients now who cannot get past level 1 on their recumbents and they have good bikes. I cannot easily get past level 2 and I'm a strong mountain biker. Just something to consider as being stuck on level 1 the whole time isn't that ideal.
Skyler10

Post by Skyler10 »

I have a Sole recumbent bike and I like it every bit as much as the ones I used to use at the gym. It has 20 levels, and I'm able to use it at levels 5, 6, and 7. The seat is really cushiony and comfortable. Mine is about 9 years old, so what youre looking at is probably a bit different from the one I have.

I bought mine at Sears way back when, and the girl who sold it to me told me not to use the internal fan. She said on non professional machines that the fans can overheat and fry out the electronics. I put an oscillating floor fan in front of it and use that.
Topic Author
TheGreyingDuke

Post by TheGreyingDuke »

Maven wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:26 pm I can't speak for this specific brand bike, however I'm a personal trainer and I do have one suggestion for buying a recumbent bike. They are notorious for being very difficult to pedal even on the lowest level. I have not experienced this in gyms as much as I have with my clients who own bikes in their homes. I have three clients now who cannot get past level 1 on their recumbents and they have good bikes. I cannot easily get past level 2 and I'm a strong mountain biker. Just something to consider as being stuck on level 1 the whole time isn't that ideal.
My experience has been different, I regularly would do intervals varying intensity from 16 to 8 on a scale of 25.
"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race." H.G. Wells