Oddly Difficult to Find Items During the Pandemic

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
brianH

Re: Oddly Difficult to Find Items During the Pandemic

Post by brianH »

madbrain wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:02 am A local electrical supply store quoted me $350 for this circuit breaker :
https://www.superbreakers.com/cutler-ha ... it-breaker
It's unobtainium from any regular place online. Not regularly stocked or orderable from Home Depot/Lowe's.
I suppose it's not the most common breaker type, but still. The point of that breaker is to add a circuit to a panel that doesn't have any space left (assuming load isn't an assuming). But at $350 a breaker, you can add a whole new subpanel and move a few loads there to get more space instead.
I can't speak for CH, but I know Schneider (SquareD) had some serious COVID issues with their plants in Mexico and elsewhere. One could still get single 15A or 20A breakers, but any quads or tandems (especially in odd sizes) were very hard to come by.

I ended up putting in a 60A subpanel rather than mess with the crazy breakers. Most areas require AFCI and/or GFCI on most circuits now anyways, and you can't use the 'space saving' for those. I think I paid almost $4/ft for 6/3 NM, and I think it's closer to $6 now. I should've put my portfolio in copper.
madbrain

Post by madbrain »

Tubes wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:08 am My take on this problem is that adding a subpanel (or a new larger main) might be in your best interest now anyway as EVs will require future circuits.
I already have two EVs, and have had two dedicated 40 amp circuits for the level 2 chargers for almost 5 years.

The next circuits I need to add are for whole-house surge protectors. Some models require a 20 amp breaker, others a 50 amp breaker. I am putting a surge protector on each panel, total of 3.
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

madbrain wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:09 am
Tubes wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:08 am My take on this problem is that adding a subpanel (or a new larger main) might be in your best interest now anyway as EVs will require future circuits.
I already have two EVs, and have had two dedicated 40 amp circuits for the level 2 chargers for almost 5 years.

The next circuits I need to add are for whole-house surge protectors. Some models require a 20 amp breaker, others a 50 amp breaker. I am putting a surge protector on each panel, total of 3.
Ah, I see. You filled up your panel with those EV circuits! :D

But joking aside, I get where you going.
madbrain

Post by madbrain »

Tubes wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:11 am Ah, I see. You filled up your panel with those EV circuits! :D
In part. The 2 most recently added circuits added were 15 amp, for bidet toilet seats, last month.
My 200 amp main panel has 20 spaces. Apparently, that's low for that size panel. There are many dual and quad breakers on it as a result.
Valuethinker

Post by Valuethinker »

btenny wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:31 pm Large window glass is on backorder and 8+ weeks delivery times. My bedroom has a 8 foot patio door with dual panes and argon and sun coating. One outside pane in one door shattered in early October. We have been waiting for a new pane since. Latest date is next week. Lucky for us the inside pane is OK and the screen door is protecting the broken panel and frame.

My daughter had to wait for 4+ extra weeks to get into her new house due to window shortages.
The availability of glass here (UK) has been hit by natural gas prices.

Our prices have soared (to 4x-5x yours, wholesale, I believe). And so it can be more profitable for the manufacturer to shut down and simply sell back the gas they have contracted to deliver.

Your prices have doubled (roughly) at the Henry Hub, I believe. So the effect would not be anything as strong. But it would still be present.

Perhaps related is that if float tanks (where glass is made) are shut down (as they would have been for long stretches in 2020) then they cannot just be restarted. I believe they have to be completely rebuilt.

Not much in construction (of buildings) can go forward without glass.
Big Jim24

Post by Big Jim24 »

musicmom wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:35 am Bosch dishwasher

Really
Yes. Our dishwasher went out and I looked at Wirecutter to get their top recommendations. It was a particular Bosch model. So I looked around and no one had it even scheduled to be available for over 6 months. I still got a Bosch that's been great for the year we've had it, and even getting that took a lot of searching and waiting.
canderson

Post by canderson »

Big Jim24 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:28 am

Really
Yes. Our dishwasher went out and I looked at Wirecutter to get their top recommendations. It was a particular Bosch model. So I looked around and no one had it even scheduled to be available for over 6 months. I still got a Bosch that's been great for the year we've had it, and even getting that took a lot of searching and waiting.
I ordered a Bosch Monday and was given a 9 month ETA. We hardly use our dishwasher so no issue but yea.

I’m pondering proactively buying appliances while mine still work just to be safe.

My dad needs a new La-Z-Boy and they aren’t available until April.
quantAndHold

Post by quantAndHold »

canderson wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:28 pm

Really
I ordered a Bosch Monday and was given a 9 month ETA. We hardly use our dishwasher so no issue but yea.

I’m pondering proactively buying appliances while mine still work just to be safe.

My dad needs a new La-Z-Boy and they aren’t available until April.
My brother ordered a La-Z-Boy last year and it took 8 months. Even after changing to a different, supposedly more available fabric. I can't imagine what it's like now.
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

Our son was interested in a sofa. Estimated shipping 21 months. He said his lease expires in 18 months.
I get the FI part but not the RE part of FIRE.
digit8

Post by digit8 »

Coffee creamer. We order groceries every Saturday morning, and about 50 percent of the only option available is French Vanilla. Caramel flavor is like gold-dusted hens teeth.
"You can't latte yourself to bankruptcy. The bladder won't allow it." | -Katherine Porter
CardinalRule

Post by CardinalRule »

Really
Speaking of Wirecutter, it seems to me that a lot of the recommendations in various categories are often sold out. Speaks in part to the reach and popularly of Wirecutter, I suppose.
Woodshark

Post by Woodshark »

jayjayc wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:02 pm Diamond Crystal kosher salt.

I've checked every grocery store in town and no one has it anymore. Later I found a specialty spice shop selling little baggies of "kosher-style" salt. The store said they get a tiny amount of Diamond Crystal salt. They open the box and divvy them up into little baggies to satisfy their customers. Walking out of this store with my little baggie of a scarce white substance makes feel like a drug buyer. :twisted:
Can I interest you in 3 pounds for $5.50? A couple of years ago I noticed that I could not find Diamond Crystal Kosher salt on store shelfs anywhere. It seems that they dropped out of the retail business and decided to go wholesale only. I was buying some supplies for my home bar last year and found out this restaurant supply site that sells direct to the public. Fantastic prices on consumables and others idems.
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/diamon ... 91858.html
MadHungarian

Post by MadHungarian »

rivercrosser wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:49 pm HVAC equipment and refrigerators. Got hit by lightning back in Aug. Had a hard time finding the same width refrigerator. Took a couple weeks. Furnace and AC got wiped out. I wanted to go back with the same brand and level of equipment I had. They never could get it. Got to be middle of October so I ended up with a different dealer and brand. Bigger dealer. Had a lot of equipment in stock but he was starting to have trouble getting stuff also. Had to go with a different outside unit than I wanted. Actually ended up with a nicer system but had to fork over a good chuck of change on top of my insurance check.
This post inspired me to finally add a whole-house surge protector to my main panel last week! Along with a bunch of little surge protectors for my electronics and such. Btw, the particular whole-house surge protector my brand of panel uses now seems to be either out-of-stock or crazy-priced. I think i ordered mine just in time.
MadHungarian

Post by MadHungarian »

InMyDreams wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:08 pm
tim1999 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:36 am In my area, low-end canned wet cat food currently.
Low end? I'm trying to stay ahead on Fancy Feast/Gravy Lovers. It definitely isn't plentiful, and common to find an empty shelf. Especially chicken and turkey.

Damn cat pesters me if he doesn't get the right flavor.
Don't those cats understand we're in a pandemic? Whatever would they do out in the wild? "I can't get my favorite brand of mouse, therefore i'm not going to eat!"
InMyDreams

Post by InMyDreams »

MadHungarian wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:58 pm
InMyDreams wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:08 pm
tim1999 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:36 am In my area, low-end canned wet cat food currently.
Low end? I'm trying to stay ahead on Fancy Feast/Gravy Lovers. It definitely isn't plentiful, and common to find an empty shelf. Especially chicken and turkey.

Damn cat pesters me if he doesn't get the right flavor.
Don't those cats understand we're in a pandemic? Whatever would they do out in the wild? "I can't get my favorite brand of mouse, therefore i'm not going to eat!"
Oh, dear. Well, I don't think he would survive long in the wild - no claws (I wasn't the one that did that to him) and at age 10, I don't think he could keep up the pace. But, outdoors, he wouldn't be around me, and therefore, he wouldn't be bugging me! He is a shelter graduate - I understand he lost about 2 pounds in the shelter. He's regained that now.
jayjayc

Post by jayjayc »

Woodshark wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:25 pm Can I interest you in 3 pounds for $5.50? A couple of years ago I noticed that I could not find Diamond Crystal Kosher salt on store shelfs anywhere. It seems that they dropped out of the retail business and decided to go wholesale only. I was buying some supplies for my home bar last year and found out this restaurant supply site that sells direct to the public. Fantastic prices on consumables and others idems.
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/diamon ... 91858.html
Thank you for the rec. Great price and in stock. Shipping kills it for me though.
stan1

Post by stan1 »

Noticed this weekend that some out of stock items in my local store are now back, with new thinner cardboard packaging that is weaker than the glue. I usually pop the glue on cardboard packaging so it lays flat in the recycling bin; with this new packaging the paper is more likely to tear than come apart where it is glued.
rivercrosser

Post by rivercrosser »

MadHungarian wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:55 pm
rivercrosser wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:49 pm HVAC equipment and refrigerators. Got hit by lightning back in Aug. Had a hard time finding the same width refrigerator. Took a couple weeks. Furnace and AC got wiped out. I wanted to go back with the same brand and level of equipment I had. They never could get it. Got to be middle of October so I ended up with a different dealer and brand. Bigger dealer. Had a lot of equipment in stock but he was starting to have trouble getting stuff also. Had to go with a different outside unit than I wanted. Actually ended up with a nicer system but had to fork over a good chuck of change on top of my insurance check.
This post inspired me to finally add a whole-house surge protector to my main panel last week! Along with a bunch of little surge protectors for my electronics and such. Btw, the particular whole-house surge protector my brand of panel uses now seems to be either out-of-stock or crazy-priced. I think i ordered mine just in time.
Good idea. They protect you to a point. I had a surge protector outside on the incoming power line the power company had installed for me. In my case the lightning hit a tree 20' from my propane tank and followed the propane line into the furnace. I got hit pretty hard. It burned ground wires apart at the furnace and ac unit outside. Had burn marks around the refrigerant lines, few other places on furnace. I ran new wiring and installed new breakers to the furnace and outside unit. Had everything but the ductwork replaced. They did install a separate surge protector at the disconnect on the outside unit. Has a little light on it to tell if its ok. They said that's what usually gets hit.
windaar

Post by windaar »

No hot salsa at any grocery stores near me lately. Mild and medium, but not hot. All brands. Not sure if this is marketing puling back (for some reason) or a shortage. Weird.
Nobody knows nothing.
macaroon

Post by macaroon »

I haven't read all the posts so don't know whether this was already mentioned, but Heinz Chili Sauce is nowhere to be found in north (and south) Florida.
Barefootgirl

Post by Barefootgirl »

Stopped into a major grocery chain this afternoon.

Completely out of half & half and any kind of cream.

Fresh chicken section of the meat aisle was completely decimated.

I didn't check the paper goods aisle. I was afraid to.
How many retired people does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Only one, but he takes all day.
minesweep
Location: 27,000 light years from the Galactic Center of the Milky Way Galaxy (the suburbs)

Post by minesweep »

Barefootgirl wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:24 pm Stopped into a major grocery chain this afternoon.

Since it's the latter part of the weekend my guess would be that more people grocery shop during that time period than a weekday (as a consequence some empty shelves).
Time is your friend; impulse is your enemy - John Bogle | Learn every day, but especially from the experiences of others, it's cheaper! - John Bogle
Mudpuppy

Post by Mudpuppy »

Barefootgirl wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:24 pm Stopped into a major grocery chain this afternoon.

It's holiday baking season, so the lack of cream and half-and-half makes sense. I'm sure other baking supplies are similarly in high demand right now, particularly ones for favorite holiday treats.

Chicken has also been rather hit and miss all along during the pandemic. I'm hoping they at least have chicken thighs in stock when I go grocery shopping later this week. I've delayed my shopping trip from today to mid-week to give them time to restock, as weekends are always slimmer pickings than mid-week.
Barefootgirl

Post by Barefootgirl »

I understand there may be reasonable explanations - but it's just that I'm a middle aged person and I have never seen this - in any part of the US, at any time of year - ever in my entire life.

Not that it's a big deal, just worth noting IMO.
How many retired people does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Only one, but he takes all day.
jebmke

Post by jebmke »

minesweep wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:43 pm Since it's the latter part of the weekend my guess would be that more people grocery shop during that time period than a weekday (as a consequence some empty shelves).
And stores are short-handed so often re-stocking doesn't occur very quickly even if they have the good in their storerooms.
Don't trust me, look it up. https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions-and-publications
TravelforFun

Post by TravelforFun »

I try to ease the global supply chain problem and soften the inflation blow buy buying LESS stuff. Amazon vans don't need to stop at my house every day.

TravelforFun
Mudpuppy

Post by Mudpuppy »

Barefootgirl wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:15 pm I understand there may be reasonable explanations - but it's just that I'm a middle aged person and I have never seen this - in any part of the US, at any time of year - ever in my entire life.

Not that it's a big deal, just worth noting IMO.
Heh, come to my part of California and this is just the normal ebb and flow of pandemic life. When I'm ordering delivery or curbside groceries, I've had to put notes like "any brand of chicken thighs, 1-2lbs, is fine" to the shopper, and even then I'd sometimes get messages back that they were out of everything, even at the butcher block. I've seen similar during the time frames I've felt confident enough to go into a store to shop on my own (I care for a wheel-chair bound high-risk individual, so even through we're both vaccinated, I play it very safe when it comes to shopping).

Some weeks are great, other weeks are marked with no stock of certain, sometimes seemingly random, items. It's nothing nearly as bad as March 2020 where almost all the shelves were bare, but still, you learn to be less choosy around here (barring anything like allergies that make you have to chose one brand over another). I want to make fudge for Christmas for example and I know I'm going to have to be very flexible on ingredients, even though I prefer the flavor of certain brands and cocoa percentages.
Dottie57

Post by Dottie57 »

TomatoTomahto wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:01 pm I have not been able to find my wife’s favorite milk: Grassmilk. I also enjoy it frothed and in my coffee; she sometimes drinks it straight up.

Btw, I don’t want to add to the shortage, but it’s a wonderful tasting and frothing milk, so I’d buy some if you drink milk. It froths as well as half and half, but comes from cows that have eaten what nature intended.
I checked my minnesota grocery store for grassmilk. I found the store carried it. I am surprise you don’t have itsince it is produced on theeast coast.

Hoping it is or will be found soon in your area.
Raraculus

Post by Raraculus »

Stopped by Wal-mart today. They didn't have vinyl shower curtain liners. :shock: How did that one happen?!?
SR II

Post by SR II »

New cars.
jlawrence01

Post by jlawrence01 »

I live in a rural part of Arizona and after the first three or four months of the pandemic, there has been NO significant shortage of what you would call vbasic staples and food.

Sure, the strawberry pop-tarts were out of stock for a couple weeks. And the hi-pulp orange juice has been spotty.

When you are used to having 40k SKUs in a store and now only having 37k SKUs, life is terrible. Of course, when many of us were younger, there were only 20k SKUs in most supermarkets.
iamlucky13

Post by iamlucky13 »

tooluser wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:55 pm
Bear906 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:48 am There was plenty of prune juice, but that was all.
"A warrior's drink." -- Worf, from Star Trek: The Next Generation
My grocery store didn't have fresh gagh even before the pandemic.
stan1 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:31 pm Noticed this weekend that some out of stock items in my local store are now back, with new thinner cardboard packaging that is weaker than the glue. I usually pop the glue on cardboard packaging so it lays flat in the recycling bin; with this new packaging the paper is more likely to tear than come apart where it is glued.
I have noticed that Kraft macaroni boxes have become significantly more difficult to open over the last year or so. I'm certain the thickness of the cardboard has not changed. My proposed theory is Kraft hoarded cardboard glue back when the warnings started coming out about a packaging shortage, and now has too much of it.
Broken Man 1999

Post by Broken Man 1999 »

FWIW, half&half was in plentiful supply at the Costco in Brandon FL.

Broken Man 1999
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven then I shall not go." - Mark Twain
Mr. Rumples

Post by Mr. Rumples »

Canned cat food. The shelves are down to about 25%,even for the expensive brands (including Walmart, Kroger and Petsmart). Fortunately my little girl isn't picky, but I would rather she have some of the better brands since she's still a kitten.
"History is the memory of time, the life of the dead and the happiness of the living." Captain John Smith 1580-1631
InMyDreams

Post by InMyDreams »

Mr. Rumples wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:33 pm Canned cat food. The shelves are down to about 25%,even for the expensive brands (
+1. I need to go with the see it - buy it mentality. I didn't buy what my cat eats when I saw the box two days ago. It was gone yesterday :oops:
LittleMaggieMae

Post by LittleMaggieMae »

Canned Cat food has been a bit of a challenge since early 2021 for me. The local pet stores seem to have limited amounts. I have started ordering the food online for delivery (not pick up in the store). Petsmart delivers to your door as does Chewy. I wish I could just order the food from Petsmart and have it delivered for pickup from my local Petsmart - but they don't seem to do that. I'm not keen on the idea of canned cat food sitting in hot (or cold) "local delivery" trucks and then sitting out on my porch in the heat or freezing cold.

I'm sure when the canned cat food sits in 100 degree heat or at or below freezing it changes the contents of the can in someway. Probably still edible - but I'm also sure my cats notice a difference (and that's why they sometimes turn up their nose at the food they've been happily eating when I get a "refill" shipment.)

I've noticed it's helpful to shop a couple,three different grocery stores when one store doesn't have it. It helps that I live in a large densely populated urban area - there are LOTS of Brand Name groceries within 5 to 10 miles of my house (if the ones under 2 miles) don't have what I want.
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

Parts for small appliances.

Someone in the family accidentally threw away our stick vac's filter and cage. It was our favorite small appliance. Parts are only available on the manufacturer's site. Last January the filter was available, but not the cage. So I waited. Over the summer, the cage became available, but the filter was out of stock. :oops:

Last week, I broke down and bought the cage. I got the last one. I made my own filter out of paper vacuum bag material. It works pretty well! This is what you do in a shortage economy: improvise.

When I called them, they were apologetic, but had no idea when filters would be available again. "Stuck in shipping from overseas."

It appears that they are also prioritizing new, whole products instead of worrying about stocking parts. I can't blame them.
AllMostThere

Post by AllMostThere »

My Fat Tire e-bike has 1000 Miles on it and the tires are looking a little worn & thin, plus I recently got a flat on the rear (not an easy job to R&R Rear Hub Motor Rim to patch the tube). Every on-line retailer for the new fat tires I want (Origin8 Supercell Wire Bead Fat Bike Tires, 26 x 4.0") are out of stock with no known timing for resupply. Only retailer I can find with inventory is one on Amazon, but they want $99 Each! There is no way in heck I am paying this much for a bike tire that should be less then <$60 each! I guess I will just make do with what I have until supply increases at a more competitive price..... :twisted:
It is not about how much you make; it is about how much you keep and how well you invest it. - Author Unknown | Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today. - Author James Dean
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

AllMostThere wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:50 am My Fat Tire e-bike has 1000 Miles on it and the tires are looking a little worn & thin, plus I recently got a flat on the rear (not an easy job to R&R Rear Hub Motor Rim to patch the tube). Every on-line retailer for the new fat tires I want (Origin8 Supercell Wire Bead Fat Bike Tires, 26 x 4.0") are out of stock with no known timing for resupply. Only retailer I can find with inventory is one on Amazon, but they want $99 Each! There is no way in heck I am paying this much for a bike tire that should be less then <$60 each! I guess I will just make do with what I have until supply increases at a more competitive price..... :twisted:
At least you got the fat tire e-bike, mine was ordered in April (I think, possibly earlier) and was first promised late summer, then October, then before Thanksgiving...now it is finally sitting in a shipping container (I have no idea where, but I have pictures and shipping confirmation) and the manufacturer has no control over when it actually arrives. We are being told hopefully by the end of January.
homebuyer6426

Post by homebuyer6426 »

I can't find the cheap bottled grapefruit juice made from white grapefruits that I used to drink all the time. I can only find the red/pink kind which also has stuff added to it and doesn't taste good to me.

Also can't find chicken leg quarters - only the packs of thighs or drumsticks individually. This was my go-to cheap and easy meat item.

During the Summer of 2020 I couldn't find an inflatable pool for less than four times the normal price.
43% Total Stock Market | 53% Consumer Staples | 4% Short Term Reserves
bob60014

Post by bob60014 »

Kraft Roka Blue Cheese salad dressing! It's DW's favorite hasn't been at any of the local grocery stores in months. I had to order a 6 pack from Amazon. Late 2022 expiration date so we're good for awhile.
stan1

Post by stan1 »

Items that were gone a few months ago are back, with noticeably different paper, plastic or glass packaging that I'm sure is lower cost and with shrinkflation (less expensive smaller size, but higher cost per unit). Cans of flavored water now seem to be moving towards 8 per box, not 12.
nedsaid

Post by nedsaid »

Snack pack pudding cups are often out. I have no idea why.
A fool and his money are good for business.
AnnetteLouisan

Post by AnnetteLouisan »

Really good op ed on the reason for supply chain problems and shortages today in the wsj, from someone in the logistics /supply chain management business. Perhaps someone can link it.
Random Poster

Post by Random Poster »

homebuyer6426 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:20 pm I can't find the cheap bottled grapefruit juice made from white grapefruits that I used to drink all the time. I can only find the red/pink kind which also has stuff added to it and doesn't taste good to me.
I can’t find large, Texas pink grapefruit anywhere.

Small grapefruit is hit or miss (Trader Joe’s has them, sometimes), but the larger size grapefruit, that usually came in 8 or 10 pound sacks, are nowhere to be found.

Maybe that is a consequence of last year’s Texas winter storm, but for them to just disappear is rather odd.
Most experiences are better imagined.
NerdJock

Post by NerdJock »

Modest Refrigerators.
We kept at it, and eventually found one.
But it was a challenge.
Price wasn't bad.
Ended up being really really good, compared to our 1991 refrigerator.
homebuyer6426

Post by homebuyer6426 »

Random Poster wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:47 pm
homebuyer6426 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:20 pm I can't find the cheap bottled grapefruit juice made from white grapefruits that I used to drink all the time. I can only find the red/pink kind which also has stuff added to it and doesn't taste good to me.
I can’t find large, Texas pink grapefruit anywhere.

Small grapefruit is hit or miss (Trader Joe’s has them, sometimes), but the larger size grapefruit, that usually came in 8 or 10 pound sacks, are nowhere to be found.

Maybe that is a consequence of last year’s Texas winter storm, but for them to just disappear is rather odd.
That's interesting, I hadn't considered the impact of the Texas storm on this. Just thought it was a supply chain thing. Glad to know I'm not alone in enjoying grapefruit, no one I know around here seems to like them.
43% Total Stock Market | 53% Consumer Staples | 4% Short Term Reserves
punkinhead

Post by punkinhead »

Caffeine free diet Coke or Pepsi. We don't drink a lot of soda, but when we do we like it to be caffeine free. I rotate my shopping between 3 groceries and go at least twice a week because I like fresh produce. None have had caffeine free for about a month.
AnnetteLouisan

Post by AnnetteLouisan »

I wasn’t going to mention this, since it’s too tragic, but ok:

Walmart often is out of stock on …… Rao’s arrabbiata sauce!!!!!!!

😢😢

(Best sauce in the world btw, category killer, word to the wise)
Last edited by AnnetteLouisan on Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sailaway

Post by sailaway »

AnnetteLouisan wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:59 pm I wasn’t going to mention this, since it’s too tragic, but ok:

Walmart often is out of stock on …… Rao’s arrabbiata sauce!!!!!!!

😢😢
I have had trouble finding DH's favorite Rao's, as well :(