What are you listening to now

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
quantAndHold

Re: What are you listening to now

Post by quantAndHold »

The Isley Brothers, NPR Tiny Desk concert (YouTube). They are *still* great.

Also Joy Oladokun, NPR Tiny Desk. Young Folk/Soul singer songwriter. Great voice, brilliant lyrics. A new fave. I gotta go look her up…
iceport

Post by iceport »

Doom&Gloom wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:38 pm iceport,
Listening to the link above now. Haven't heard some of the versions of those songs before. What a nice change! I wish they would have said who some of the people in the interviews were. Some were obvious, but others were not.

Just got through hearing Nanci & Townes Van Zant's duet of his Tecumseh Valley that I don't recall hearing previously. Awesome! I may have posted this somewhere here previously, but the one time I saw Townes was one of the best experiences I ever had. He was performing at Anderson Fair in Houston which is the setting of Nanci's Spin on a Red Brick Floor on her cleverly titled album A Fair Summer Evening. (Also where I saw Nanci when I "won" the album I mentioned above as well as where I saw Lyle Lovett open for her before he had released an album.) There were fewer than 20 people there to hear Townes that night, so he stepped down off the stage and sat at a table in the listening area for his entire performance. The table he landed at was next to the one where I was seated. More intimate than a house concert and quite memorable!

By the time I got to this point in my writing, Nanci and Lyle are singing a duet of Closing Time. Nice!

Thanks again for the link!
Another awesome story, D&G!

So glad you found the radio tribute enjoyable. The show host was clearly shocked and saddened by the loss. Even after a decade of being sort of a recluse, Nanci Griffith may have been gone from the music scene, but she was undoubtedly not forgotten...
"Discipline matters more than allocation.” |—| "In finance, if you’re certain of anything, you’re out of your mind." ─William Bernstein
rage_phish

Post by rage_phish »

Been on a huge Phoebe Bridgers kick lately
iceport

Post by iceport »

Los Lobos - Native Sons - 2021 goes down very smooth on a quiet Saturday evening hurricane watch.
"Discipline matters more than allocation.” |—| "In finance, if you’re certain of anything, you’re out of your mind." ─William Bernstein
Invest4lt

Post by Invest4lt »

Joni Mitchell - Blue. Can't believe it's been 50 yrs
"People sometimes fail to live because they are always preparing to live." - Alan Watts
iceport

Post by iceport »

^^^ Beautiful album!

The Wood Brothers - "River Takes the Town"

It just fits.
JAZZISCOOL

Post by JAZZISCOOL »

iceport wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:38 pm Los Lobos - Native Sons - 2021 goes down very smooth on a quiet Saturday evening hurricane watch.
Really nice! Have listened to the first 2 tracks so far. :happy
iceport

Post by iceport »

JAZZISCOOL wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:47 pm
iceport wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:38 pm Los Lobos - Native Sons - 2021 goes down very smooth on a quiet Saturday evening hurricane watch.
:thumbsup 8-)

The whole album is really strong, but I think they do a particularly sweet version of Jackson Browne's Jamaica Say You Will.
JAZZISCOOL

Post by JAZZISCOOL »

iceport wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:17 pm
JAZZISCOOL wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:47 pm
:thumbsup 8-)

The whole album is really strong, but I think they do a particularly sweet version of Jackson Browne's Jamaica Say You Will.
Yes, I'm on "Flat Top Joint" now, track 13. Interesting mix of styles: blues, swing, etc.
iceport

Post by iceport »

^^^ Yes, exactly. But they all seem to fit somehow. Maybe it's the inspired performances and nice, lush sound of the album that tie them all together, I don't know. These guys can play just about anything they want. Very talented group.
sycamore

Post by sycamore »

Everly Brothers - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6HvsR ... -mJmYxKmLg

R.I.P. Don Everly, who passed away yesterday.
JAZZISCOOL

Post by JAZZISCOOL »

iceport wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:38 pm ^^^ Yes, exactly. But they all seem to fit somehow. Maybe it's the inspired performances and nice, lush sound of the album that tie them all together, I don't know. These guys can play just about anything they want. Very talented group.
Agree. Nice album. I like "Misery" a lot. Minor blues. :beer
WhiteMaxima

Post by WhiteMaxima »

Beethoven Piano Concertros nos 4 & 5 emperor,
iceport

Post by iceport »

Mose Allison - Wild Man On The Loose (1965) - YouTube

No idea why... not the kind of music I normally listen to, but was in the mood for Allison's biting wit.

Was fortunate enough to see Mose Allison in-person once, in the tiny Iron Horse Cafe (now known as the Iron Horse Music Hall) — before it was doubled in size and expanded to a second floor. This was around 1998 or so. Must have been sitting no more than 15 feet from him, in one of those very narrow stores in a commercial building that had been converted to a coffeehouse known for live entertainment. He was ~70 by then, but sounded nearly the same as on this album!
iceport

Post by iceport »

JAZZISCOOL

Post by JAZZISCOOL »

iceport wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:41 pm Mose Allison - Wild Man On The Loose (1965) - YouTube

No idea why... not the kind of music I normally listen to, but was in the mood for Allison's biting wit.

Was fortunate enough to see Mose Allison in-person once, in the tiny Iron Horse Cafe (now known as the Iron Horse Music Hall) — before it was doubled in size and expanded to a second floor. This was around 1998 or so. Must have been sitting no more than 15 feet from him, in one of those very narrow stores in a commercial building that had been converted to a coffeehouse known for live entertainment. He was ~70 by then, but sounded nearly the same as on this album!
He's fun to listen to. IMO, his vocal style is "fun", almost playful, vs. a more serious jazz vocalist like Sarah Vaughan or others. Thanks for posting this; I haven't listened to him for a long time. :beer
JAZZISCOOL

Post by JAZZISCOOL »

Another awesome jazz group featuring pianist Emmet Cohen:

Live From Emmet's Place Vol. 67 - Samara Joy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGkndZKNdTc

Vocalist Samara Joy is excellent backed by Emmet's strong trio.
sycamore

Post by sycamore »

:(

When I hear his name I think of John Hiatt's Slow Turning (https://youtu.be/VMxVT0Ea798?t=100).

Now I'm in my car
I got the radio down
And I'm yellin' at the kids in the back
'Cause they're bangin' like Charlie Watts

I know Watts was also into jazz. I'll have to give that a listen.
iceport

Post by iceport »

sycamore wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:45 pm
:(

When I hear his name I think of John Hiatt's Slow Turning (https://youtu.be/VMxVT0Ea798?t=100).

Now I'm in my car
I got the radio down
And I'm yellin' at the kids in the back
'Cause they're bangin' like Charlie Watts

I know Watts was also into jazz. I'll have to give that a listen.
8-) (I like that line, too.)
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

Yes too bad, he was a great guy.
I read this funny anecdote on BBC:

On one famous occasion, in an Amsterdam hotel in 1984, a drunken Jagger reportedly woke Watts up by bellowing down the phone "Where's my drummer?"
Watts responded by going round to the singer's room, hitting him with a left hook, and saying: "Don't ever call me 'your drummer' again, you're my f***ing singer."

Charlie Watts obituary: Jazz man who became rock superstar https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22200496
Topic Author
Artful Dodger

Post by Artful Dodger »

Thanks for the recommendation. :happy. I’m always up for another take on For What It’s Worth.

It’s been a while since I’ve listened to them. I’ve got their By the Light of the Moon album (circa 1987).

Just to add I see this was Nicolas’ original rec. Thanks to you both.
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

The ceiling fan!
💪💪
Tony
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
Sandtrap
Location: Hawaii No Ka Oi - white sandy beaches, N. Arizona 1 mile high.

Post by Sandtrap »

Carole King
“Tapestry” album.

Remember seeing her in concert with James Taylor.
Front row arena level seats.
$12

Memories
Time machine.
j🌺
Wiki Bogleheads Wiki: Everything You Need to Know
iceport

Post by iceport »

Artful Dodger wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:24 pm
Thanks for the recommendation. :happy. I’m always up for another take on For What It’s Worth.

It’s been a while since I’ve listened to them. I’ve got their By the Light of the Moon album (circa 1987).

Just to add I see this was Nicolas’ original rec. Thanks to you both.
:beer

Yeah, that was Nicholas' find! I'm just kinda glad I have no shame and keep repeating entries. 8-)
iceport

Post by iceport »

Sandtrap wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:02 pm Carole King
“Tapestry” album.

$12

Memories
Time machine.
j🌺
WOW!!! That's awesome Sandtrap. If that's anything like what I've seen of that duo on PBS, it must have been a mesmerizing show!
Doom&Gloom

Post by Doom&Gloom »

iceport wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:16 pm
“Tapestry” album.

$12

Memories
Time machine.
j🌺
WOW!!! That's awesome Sandtrap. If that's anything like what I've seen of that duo on PBS, it must have been a mesmerizing show!
+1
And what an album!
Mainlandjones

Post by Mainlandjones »

My best of 2020 is below.

Folk/rock
Fleet foxes - shore
Waxahatchee - Saint Cloud

Pop
Taylor Swift - folklore

Western
Colter Wall - Western Swing and Waltzes

Country
Hailey Whitters - the dream

Texmex
The Mavericks - En Espanol

Instrumental/ambient
Monte - mirla
Olaf Arnalds - some kind of peace
Sandtrap
Location: Hawaii No Ka Oi - white sandy beaches, N. Arizona 1 mile high.

Post by Sandtrap »

iceport wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:16 pm
“Tapestry” album.

$12

Memories
Time machine.
j🌺
Yes.
It was an incredible show.
Tough to see because the auditorium was filled with thick smoke at the time.
(as were many concerts during that era) :shock:

j :D
Wiki Bogleheads Wiki: Everything You Need to Know
iceport

Post by iceport »

Europe '72 (Live) [2001 Remaster]

What can I say? It just feels like home wherever this is playing.

This was my first introduction to the band, at 10, and I was hooked.

It's fairly easy to see how someone might not like them, musically and otherwise. But for me, there's just certain quality of the music that's hard to find anywhere else. One of their endearing qualities has always been their good, solid — and occasionally very fine — songwriting. And that's something that I found missing in other similar jam bands like Phish — fine musically but just playing lots of relatively goofy songs.

The sinister tale of Jack Straw is a decent example.
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

iceport wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:35 pm Europe '72 (Live) [2001 Remaster]

What can I say? It just feels like home wherever this is playing
Good stuff iceport, I love the Dead.
Doom&Gloom

Post by Doom&Gloom »

James McMurtry's new album The Horses and the Hounds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR1aai5 ... rt_radio=1
LinearRange

Post by LinearRange »

Nicolas wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:15 pm

Right on. I never get tired of that album. In my opinion they were at their peak in the early 70s. I first saw them live in '73 and was a huge fan. Grew a little tired of them by the early 80s.
iceport wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:35 pm One of their endearing qualities has always been their good, solid — and occasionally very fine — songwriting. And that's something that I found missing in other similar jam bands like Phish — fine musically but just playing lots of relatively goofy songs.
I've thought the exact same thing. Phish has better musical chops than the Dead, but they don't move me like the Dead.
rgs92

Post by rgs92 »

The Ed Sullivan Show YouTube Channel has fairly recently released a huge library of great live musical performances of all types, and they release more of it every day it seems. I love it. These are fascinating and historic in my view of things.

[ Note: If you spring for You Tube Premium (the ad-free version for about $15/month) you get a higher resolution audio feed, which sounds very good to me.]

But even with regular YouTube it's great. And this all free. A gift to everyone. Something to be thankful for.
Last edited by rgs92 on Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LinearRange

Post by LinearRange »

iceport wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:35 pm The sinister tale of Jack Straw is a decent example.
Some Jack Straw trivia: The first few times they performed Jack Straw, only Weir sang the lead vocals. Eventually they split the vocals so Garcia sings the "I just jumped the watchman ..." part. Makes it more like a movie dialog with each one playing a part and reinforces the story-telling nature of the song.
iceport

Post by iceport »

LinearRange wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:49 pm

Right on. I never get tired of that album. In my opinion they were at their peak in the early 70s. I first saw them live in '73 and was a huge fan. Grew a little tired of them by the early 80s.
I completely agree! Early 70s was their heyday, loud clanky rhythm guitar and all!

They were still a vital, creative (if a bit flawed) force. I saw them for the first time in I think 1976, when I was 14 (long story, and absolutely no connection to the "lifestyle") at the old Boston Garden, and it was magical. I think I managed to see them twice more before leaving high school in 1980. But by the time I saw them again after 1980, they seemed just a weary, tired version of their former selves, no longer propelled by divine inspiration. And they had descended into a predictable act. Sure, they were proud of changing up their set list for every show, but the outline of every show became identical, and we were lucky to get just brief flashes — maybe a couple glorious minutes — of the old magic. And I completely lost interest in their studio albums.

With the little bit I've read about them in retrospect, it seems the band's vitality was largely dependent on Jerry's physical status, and as his health and energy level deteriorated, so did the band's performances.

One thing that does seem to have endured throughout their active years was their underlying affection for each other. It seemed like they all genuinely liked each other. At least that's what came through to me...

~~~~~~~~~~
rgs92 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:59 pm The Ed Sullivan Show YouTube Channel has fairly recently released a huge library of great live musical performances of all types, and they release more of it every day it seems. I love it. These are fascinating and historic in my view of things.

[ Note: If you spring for You Tube Premium (the ad-free version for about $15/month) you get a higher resolution audio feed, which sounds very good to me.]

But even with regular YouTube it's great. And this all free. A gift to everyone. Something to be thankful for.
That's fantastic! Thanks for the info!

And that explains why an album by The Band I played last night had added a 1969 Ed Sullivan Show live performance of Up on Cripple Creek to the playlist. Pretty good sound quality. (I thought I could even detect a little nervousness in Levon's singing, but I might have imagined that...)
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

BernardShakey

Post by BernardShakey »

Put on Jackson Browne's 1974 album "Late for the Sky" today. Hadn't listened to it in years. I love it (and the album cover). Only eight songs, but several masterpieces. Grammy-nominated for Album of the Year. Some stuff just gets better with age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuM_F7SSJ90
An important key to investing is having a well-calibrated sense of your future regret.
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

New Orleans Piano — Professor Longhair
https://youtu.be/j5duP9HoHSw

I love this guy.
eddot98

Post by eddot98 »

BernardShakey wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:15 pm Put on Jackson Browne's 1974 album "Late for the Sky" today. Hadn't listened to it in years. I love it (and the album cover). Only eight songs, but several masterpieces. Grammy-nominated for Album of the Year. Some stuff just gets better with age.

Before I read your post, I woke up today with an ear worm of JB’s The Pretender that won’t go away.
iceport

Post by iceport »

BernardShakey wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:15 pm Put on Jackson Browne's 1974 album "Late for the Sky" today. Hadn't listened to it in years. I love it (and the album cover). Only eight songs, but several masterpieces. Grammy-nominated for Album of the Year. Some stuff just gets better with age.

Yup! That's a great album. Fountain of Sorrow helped get me through a college break-up. Last time I dug this up was a while ago after watching a showing of The Big Chill on PBS.

I don't know what kind of formal recognition it received, but I also love (Saturate Before Using) - 1972. It's also chock-full of gems. I think it's actually my favorite JB album of all time (though I am not real familiar with much of his work after the big commercial successes).
Topic Author
Artful Dodger

Post by Artful Dodger »

iceport wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:13 am
LinearRange wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:49 pm

I completely agree! Early 70s was their heyday, loud clanky rhythm guitar and all!

They were still a vital, creative (if a bit flawed) force. I saw them for the first time in I think 1976, when I was 14 (long story, and absolutely no connection to the "lifestyle") at the old Boston Garden, and it was magical. I think I managed to see them twice more before leaving high school in 1980. But by the time I saw them again after 1980, they seemed just a weary, tired version of their former selves, no longer propelled by divine inspiration. And they had descended into a predictable act. Sure, they were proud of changing up their set list for every show, but the outline of every show became identical, and we were lucky to get just brief flashes — maybe a couple glorious minutes — of the old magic. And I completely lost interest in their studio albums.

With the little bit I've read about them in retrospect, it seems the band's vitality was largely dependent on Jerry's physical status, and as his health and energy level deteriorated, so did the band's performances.

One thing that does seem to have endured throughout their active years was their underlying affection for each other. It seemed like they all genuinely liked each other. At least that's what came through to me...
I just ordered their new box set coming out in October: Listen to the River - St. Louis: '71, '72, '73. I'm really oversupplied with Dead shows but couldn't resist. We live in the St. Louis metro, and one of the '73 shows was my first Dead concert. I tend to agree with your opinion, though I have one of the 1990 box sets and there's lots of good material and excellent playing throughout.
eddot98

Post by eddot98 »

Nicolas wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:29 pm Everybody’s in Show-Biz (Legacy Edition) — The Kinks
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5 ... oIy5jTF0zU

https://bestclassicbands.com/kinks-show ... e-7-4-166/
Has anyone watched the Hulu show Nine Perfect Strangers? The theme song is a cover of the Ray Davies/Kinks song This Strange Effect. That sent me back to the Kinks at the BBC where the Kinks recorded it for Auntie. Haunting song. Wikipedia article on the song:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Strange_Effect
iceport

Post by iceport »

Artful Dodger wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:48 am I just ordered their new box set coming out in October: Listen to the River - St. Louis: '71, '72, '73. I'm really oversupplied with Dead shows but couldn't resist. We live in the St. Louis metro, and one of the '73 shows was my first Dead concert. I tend to agree with your opinion, though I have one of the 1990 box sets and there's lots of good material and excellent playing throughout.
Thanks for the notice, I'll be on the look-out for that!

Yeah, I realized after posting that I was probably too harsh, and it wasn't so cut-and-dried. There was clearly a lot of worthwhile stuff they did in the second half of their run. (I still estimate they were only at their best when Jerry was feeling good.) But looking back, I think lots of us that continued to hold out hope for ground-breaking performances out of them in their latter years were in some form of denial.

A few months ago, I randomly stumbled on this show through a YouTube suggestion: Grateful Dead - 7/31/1974 - Dillon Stadium - Hartford, CT. And I thought, "Man, now I remember... *that's why I like the Dead!*" Oh, it's flawed (Donna must not have had access to a monitor, for example!), but they were still exploring. It was at shows like this, in the 70s, where they spontaneously stumbled upon the riffs and song structures that would end up becoming rote fixtures later on.
BernardShakey

Post by BernardShakey »

iceport wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:45 am

Yup! That's a great album. Fountain of Sorrow helped get me through a college break-up. Last time I dug this up was a while ago after watching a showing of The Big Chill on PBS.

I don't know what kind of formal recognition it received, but I also love (Saturate Before Using) - 1972. It's also chock-full of gems. I think it's actually my favorite JB album of all time (though I am not real familiar with much of his work after the big commercial successes).
Ah, yes, that debut album where we could never decide whether "SBU" was actually the title. "Rock Me On the Water" is so satisfying.
An important key to investing is having a well-calibrated sense of your future regret.
Topic Author
Artful Dodger

Post by Artful Dodger »

iceport wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:09 am
Artful Dodger wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:48 am I just ordered their new box set coming out in October: Listen to the River - St. Louis: '71, '72, '73. I'm really oversupplied with Dead shows but couldn't resist. We live in the St. Louis metro, and one of the '73 shows was my first Dead concert. I tend to agree with your opinion, though I have one of the 1990 box sets and there's lots of good material and excellent playing throughout.
Thanks for the notice, I'll be on the look-out for that!

Yeah, I realized after posting that I was probably too harsh, and it wasn't so cut-and-dried. There was clearly a lot of worthwhile stuff they did in the second half of their run. (I still estimate they were only at their best when Jerry was feeling good.) But looking back, I think lots of us that continued to hold out hope for ground-breaking performances out of them in their latter years were in some form of denial.

A few months ago, I randomly stumbled on this show through a YouTube suggestion: Grateful Dead - 7/31/1974 - Dillon Stadium - Hartford, CT. And I thought, "Man, now I remember... *that's why I like the Dead!*" Oh, it's flawed (Donna must not have had access to a monitor, for example!), but they were still exploring. It was at shows like this, in the 70s, where they spontaneously stumbled upon the riffs and song structures that would end up becoming rote fixtures later on.
I don't think you were being too harsh. There's definitely a dearth of 80s shows that most would consider outstanding. The spring 90 shows were more an exception than the rule. I'm at work and have a stack of seven Dave's Picks on my desk, and all but one are from the 70s. (One, by the way, is their 4/2/73 show at the Boston Garden.)
bondsr4me

Post by bondsr4me »

quantAndHold wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:16 pm The Isley Brothers, NPR Tiny Desk concert (YouTube). They are *still* great.

Also Joy Oladokun, NPR Tiny Desk. Young Folk/Soul singer songwriter. Great voice, brilliant lyrics. A new fave. I gotta go look her up…
I like to listen to 60's, 70's, 80's on Sirius....and the Beach Boys channel also!
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

I saw the Dead twice, once in 1970 at an outdoor rock festival, and again in 1971 at a university stadium. They played a five-hour set at the rock fest. Pigpen was still in the band then. I prefer him over his various replacements, his sound was more bluesy. There’s no recording of the first show and I don’t know about the latter one. I can still picture Jerry on stage with his electric guitar, leather jacket, and his still-dark hair. I remember at the end of the show they took the mics out first, probably prone to theft.

Edit: There is a soundboard recording of that second show! You can stream it here: https://www.herbibot.com/?show=1971/3/14
Listen especially to Pigpen on It Hurts Me Too, and also on Good Lovin’.
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

The Blues Is Alive and Well — Buddy Guy, with Jeff Beck, Keith Richards, Mick Jagger, James Bay

https://youtu.be/nMjGeKI-YC8
iceport

Post by iceport »

Nicolas wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:31 pm I saw the Dead twice, once in 1970 at an outdoor rock festival, and again in 1971 at a university stadium. They played a five-hour set at the rock fest. Pigpen was still in the band then. I prefer him over his various replacements, his sound was more bluesy. There’s no recording of the first show and I don’t know about the latter one. I can still picture Jerry on stage with his electric guitar, leather jacket, and his still-dark hair. I remember at the end of the show they took the mics out first, probably prone to theft.
Very cool! I think Pigpen was their best singer. He might have sort of played the role of front-man for a short while because of that. Together with Janis Joplin, they seemed like two peas in a pod.

~~~~~~~~~~

Now spinning: David Lindley - El Rayo-X - 1981

I never was into all the tracks on this album, but several of them are really very good.

Ain't No Way

And an outstanding cover: Don't Look Back
OpenMinded1

Post by OpenMinded1 »

Nicolas wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:20 pm The Blues Is Alive and Well — Buddy Guy, with Jeff Beck, Keith Richards, Mick Jagger, James Bay

https://youtu.be/nMjGeKI-YC8
Enjoyed watching this video of a great live performance a couple days ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoQHnzHrqgE Jeff Beck (guitar of course), Vinnie Colaiuta (Drums), Tal Wilkenfeld (bass guitar), Jason Rebello (keyboards), and guest appearances by Eric Clapton and Imogen Heap.