Call Forwarding Service?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
cheapedy

Call Forwarding Service?

Post by cheapedy »

I'm looking for a call forwarding service similar to google voice. I want a new phone number that I can forward to either home, cell, or work. Having broken and misplaced my phones in the past, I don't prefer to carry expensive phones. I simply want to have a reliable number for all my important stuff that will ring any phone I have at the moment. Not a fan of google, so I prefer a pay service. Tried a local company called Telzio the past month, but they gave me a re-used number and got a ton of spam calls that used up my credits. Anveo seems to be recommended a lot, but I can't find many reviews on it. Grasshopper seems to be most popular, though Anveo provides the pricing I desire. Are there any Anveo users here? What service do many of you prefer?
fabdog

Re: Call Forwarding Service?

Post by fabdog »

not exactly the same, but we use OOMA for our home landline, and it lets us forward to a cell or their mobile app. They also claim to integrate with Google Voice although we are not using that

Mike
sk2101

Re: Call Forwarding Service?

Post by sk2101 »

Why do you prefer a paid service when Google voice works perfectly and it's free? You can also port an existing number there for something like $10.