Don't pay full price for SiriusXM radio

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
prairieman

Re: Don't pay full price for SiriusXM radio

Post by prairieman »

2pedals wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:32 pm I am surprise that SiriusXM it is still in business, I used it many years ago. I liked it but not that much to continue paying for it. Free smart phone apps are good enough for me now.
Same here. I have three months free SiriusXM on my new car and haven’t even bothered to try it after six weeks. They offered me three additional months free with payment of a $2 service charge (e.g. to get my credit card number?). I’m really not at all interested since I prefer Apple CarPlay.
neilpilot

Post by neilpilot »

prairieman wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:23 am
2pedals wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:32 pm I am surprise that SiriusXM it is still in business, I used it many years ago. I liked it but not that much to continue paying for it. Free smart phone apps are good enough for me now.
Same here. I have three months free SiriusXM on my new car and haven’t even bothered to try it after six weeks. They offered me three additional months free with payment of a $2 service charge (e.g. to get my credit card number?). I’m really not at all interested since I prefer Apple CarPlay.
Interesting observation - you haven't tried XM but you still prefer Apple CarPlay.
spitty

Post by spitty »

When renewing via the website can you do so without auto-renewal? They've tried to tell me this is mandatory to get the promo rate.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

spitty wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:05 am When renewing via the website can you do so without auto-renewal? They've tried to tell me this is mandatory to get the promo rate.
My experience is that the website requires auto-renewal.

My solution - just set up a calendar reminder for 360 days in the future to go through the whole charade again.
Retired life insurance company financial executive who sincerely believes that ”It’s a GREAT day to be alive!”
willthrill81

Post by willthrill81 »

I cancelled our SiriuxXM service yesterday. Now that our prepaid phone plan has enough data to allow us to stream whatever music we want, it's pointless in even paying $5/month for satellite radio.
The Sensible Steward
MisterBill

Post by MisterBill »

Stinky wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:46 pm It's $5 per month per car. I did mine all on line.

Yes, the $5 does cover listening in home.
On the other hand, you could always pay for one car and then use the free streaming app in the other car(s).

If calling to renew, be sure to verify that you're getting streaming. The first time I renewed after they had announced that streaming was included in "most" packages, I ended up with XM Select Lite, which did not include streaming. I didn't bother calling to complain but when I renewed this past time I made sure to insist that my package included streaming.
neilpilot

Post by neilpilot »

willthrill81 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:57 pm I cancelled our SiriuxXM service yesterday. Now that our prepaid phone plan has enough data to allow us to stream whatever music we want, it's pointless in even paying $5/month for satellite radio.
Agreed. For me, though, it's pointless to pay an additional $14-$26/mo for phone data if all it will do for me is eliminate the $5/mo for my XM. So we each have different circumstances and priorities.
CardinalRule

Post by CardinalRule »

Yep, different circumstances and priorities. In my case, SiriusXM is more than just music, and I also like having it on those long drives and destinations (e.g., national parks) where there is no cellular service. I also don't like the distraction of dealing with my phone when driving (I don't have CarPlay). But all that said, there is definitely a limit to the value of SiriusXM, for me.
neilpilot wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:03 am
willthrill81 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:57 pm I cancelled our SiriuxXM service yesterday. Now that our prepaid phone plan has enough data to allow us to stream whatever music we want, it's pointless in even paying $5/month for satellite radio.
Agreed. For me, though, it's pointless to pay an additional $14-$26/mo for phone data if all it will do for me is eliminate the $5/mo for my XM. So we each have different circumstances and priorities.
learningstill

Post by learningstill »

We have had Sirius XM radio in one of our cars for a few years now and did enjoy it. Some of the channels offered were interesting and it was great for trips through the mountains where standard AM/FM options are not accessible. I played the game every year, calling up to renegotiate our deal before it jumped to a much higher bill rate. I made the call again a couple weeks ago ago and received the deal for $5.00/month ($6.06 after taxes and fees), which we consider reasonable. However, it still had the automatic price jump at the end of the year that would require calling back to negotiate and they were not willing to get rid of that. As I was about to pay, I saw that I had been on the phone for almost half an hour to reach that point. The employee on the other end went offline at least 3 or 4 times to "review my plan and options". I finally decided that I was done with Sirius and their business model and just finished the call by canceling my service. For me, it was no longer worth the hassle of this game.

Of course, I'm not really done with Sirius. I have received at least 3 or 4 mailings since then and repeated calls from them that I never pick up. :oops:
willthrill81

Post by willthrill81 »

CardinalRule wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:25 am Yep, different circumstances and priorities. In my case, SiriusXM is more than just music, and I also like having it on those long drives and destinations (e.g., national parks) where there is no cellular service. I also don't like the distraction of dealing with my phone when driving (I don't have CarPlay). But all that said, there is definitely a limit to the value of SiriusXM, for me.
Having Google Play on our SUV makes it very simple. It can be set up so that once we start the engine, we can plug in our phone and it will automatically start Pandora for us. We can then change stations and such via voice command. Since our current prepaid Verizon plan includes significantly more data than we ever use, this just makes a lot of sense for us.
The Sensible Steward
willthrill81

Post by willthrill81 »

learningstill wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:09 amFor me, it was no longer worth the hassle of this game.
That was a contributing factor in our decision to cancel as well. I grew weary of going through their spiel for half an hour every 5-6 months.
The Sensible Steward
Jack FFR1846

Post by Jack FFR1846 »

I drove my mom's Subaru from Mass to Florida in the fall. I had the opportunity to go through all the stations on XM. After that, I realized that I have no interest in this service as I went to terrestrial stations, even when there was nothing but conservative talk or songs about pick up trucks. My own 19 Subaru has XM in it and of course, Sirius started letter bombing my mail box and phoning me constantly. I finally answered a call. They couldn't seem to get it that I wasn't going to subscribe. I finally said "Even if you paid me $10 a month to listen to your service, I wouldn't. Are you willing to pay me?". They've stopped bothering me.
Bogle: Smart Beta is stupid
hudson

$112 a year.

Post by hudson »

I pay 112 per year. I set my calendar to call on the last possible day each year. I call and tell the representative that I want the same "out the door" rate as last year. I'm firm on that. They know that they've got one on the hook, so they just do the transaction and we're done. That's worked 2 years in a row.
I don't get the best rate, but I just call once a year for a relatively short amount of time....no games.
Last edited by hudson on Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
UnLearnYourself

Post by UnLearnYourself »

Que1999 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:31 am I've done the exact same thing for the past 5 years. I'll set a reminder on my calendar, about a week before the subscription is set to auto-renew... I always get them down to $5 a month for the next 6 months. I really don't need it in this day and age of smart-phones w/Spotify, IHeartRadio, podcasts, etc.... But for $5 a month for 6 months, sure why not?
I'm on the same $5/month deal, but I'm locked in for 12 months and they gave me a free Amazon Echo Dot for paying the full annual premium up front.

I was originally on a trial $1 for 3 months, then for like $2 they extended that to 6 months. When the premium cost went up I cancelled. They kept calling me making offers and I kept denying. When they called with the $5/mo and free echo dot I figured I'd take it. Plan to rinse and repeat this process annually. I have no issues listening to the radio for a few weeks while I play this game of chicken with them. It's a great service, but not worth anywhere near full price, and from what I gather it's not necessary to pay at that level either.
neilpilot

Re: $9.33 a month

Post by neilpilot »

hudson wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:56 am I pay 9.33 a month. I set my calendar to call on the last possible day each year. I call and tell the representative that I want the same rate as last year. I'm firm on that. They know that they've got one on the hook, so they just do the transaction and we're done. That's worked 2 years in a row.
I don't get the best rate, but I just call once a year for a relatively short amount of time.
I've had XM since 2008, and after calling every 5-6 months and spending 30 minutes on the phone I decided I wasn't willing to continue that cycle. So in 2017 I called and said "I've only allotted 15 minutes for this call, I want a 12-month promo, and I will hang up and you can cancel my service if you don't give me the 12-month promo in 15 minutes". I'm assertive and direct, stop any small talk the CS initiates by reminding them I'm only one the call for 15 minutes, and I'm prepared to do what I say.

Since I've always paid via invoice, they don't have my cc#. So I have the advantage of being to hang up knowing that they can bill me but not charge me going forward.

It worked like a charm in 2017 & 2019. In 2018 the CS rep insisted that they had no 12-mo promo rate available so I said bye and hung up at the 15 minute mark. After a week, my SUV's XM service was deactivated and I was prepared to go without. The following week, they emailed me with a 12-mo promo offer, so I paid the invoice and my service was restored.

To summarize - for 3 years I've paid $5/mo, called once a year spending no more than 15min on the phone. in the past 3 years I've missed about 1 week of XM. I'm prepared to simply drop XM if they don't meet my terms.
nps

Post by nps »

neilpilot wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:03 am
That's where we fall. Our phones have enough data for all of our needs short of live streaming music. We would have to pay multiples of the $5/month for SiriusXM to instead get access to a higher data tier. Not worth it for us.

I don't find the call in very difficult. Set calendar alert (takes less than one minute), call twice a year (takes about five minutes each time), done.
prairieman

Post by prairieman »

neilpilot wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:32 am
prairieman wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:23 am
Interesting observation - you haven't tried XM but you still prefer Apple CarPlay.
I had SiriusXM for two years in a previous car so, yes, I am very familiar with it. I since migrated to using my IPhone, first through an Aux port and then through Bluetooth - and now through CarPlay.
hudson

Re: $9.33 a month

Post by hudson »

neilpilot wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:11 am So in 2017 I called and said "I've only allotted 15 minutes for this call, I want a 12-month promo, and I will hang up and you can cancel my service if you don't give me the 12-month promo in 15 minutes". I'm assertive and direct, stop any small talk the CS initiates by reminding them I'm only one the call for 15 minutes, and I'm prepared to do what I say.

Since I've always paid via invoice, they don't have my cc#. So I have the advantage of being to hang up knowing that they can bill me but not charge me going forward.

It worked like a charm in 2017 & 2019. In 2018 the CS rep insisted that they had no 12-mo promo rate available so I said bye and hung up at the 15 minute mark. After a week, my SUV's XM service was deactivated and I was prepared to go without. The following week, they emailed me with a 12-mo promo offer, so I paid the invoice and my service was restored.

To summarize - for 3 years I've paid $5/mo, called once a year spending no more than 15min on the phone. in the past 3 years I've missed about 1 week of XM. I'm prepared to simply drop XM if they don't meet my terms.
Thanks neilpilot! That'll be my plan for 2021. I 'll copy the link for this post into my google calendar.
Go Blue 99

Post by Go Blue 99 »

I just renewed with the all-access $99 deal online. This definitely saves time over having to call in and listen to their spiel.

I know a few posters have asked why still use Sat radio when you can just stream music via your phone? Well for me, it's a few different reasons:

- I listen to various genres of music, and sat radio gives me the ability to switch easily between stations. Changing stations on a streaming service requires you to touch your phone while driving, which is dangerous (and illegal in my state). Sure, you can use voice commands to change stations, but hitting a steering wheel control button is much more convenient and reliable.
- Access to live talk radio and news. Sure, podcasts are great, but not ideal if you want to listen to live content.
- I don't have unlimited data on my cell plan.
KineticSync

Post by KineticSync »

I'd pay $5/mo (no sports, no premium talk-jocks) in perpetuity if I could get that deal without all of the kabuki, but they seem wedded to their vintage sales model. I'm not sure how the difference between what I am willing to pay and what they believe they could get from me with the hard sell can possibly justify the cubic yards of mailings, presumably payments to vehicle companies to include the hardware, constant call attempts (I've blocked them) and apparently quite substantial call center staffs. This would be a valuable service to us since we're frequently in areas with no cell/internet service but...this stuff is supposed to make my life easier, not add hassle. Based on what I've read here they aren't making much off of those hard sell attempts either.
Vinny72

Post by Vinny72 »

Flyer24 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:47 pm
CardinalRule wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:08 pm Seriously? I am definitely going to take a look. The subscription for one of our vehicles is due for renewal in the middle of this month, and I had a reminder to make that annoying, every-six-months call to a CS representative.
Flyer24 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:09 pm You don't have to call or chat now. I logged in my account this morning and clicked to cancel my subscription. It asked if I wanted to look at other offers. You bet. It gave me a full year for $5 a month. Easy enough and only took a few minutes.
Don’t wait. They will credit you back for unused portion. Mine had just renewed on April 1st and they gave me back all but $2.
Thanks Flyer 24! This worked for me just now. Locked in $5/mo for 1 year and saved $11 all online. Downgraded from All-access to Select.
Edit- Looks like they are estimating renewal charges of $21, ugh!
Edit2- Maybe because I switched early from 1-yr special offer to monthly plan?
Flyer24

Post by Flyer24 »

Vinny72 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:07 am
Flyer24 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:47 pm
CardinalRule wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:08 pm Seriously? I am definitely going to take a look. The subscription for one of our vehicles is due for renewal in the middle of this month, and I had a reminder to make that annoying, every-six-months call to a CS representative.
Flyer24 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:09 pm You don't have to call or chat now. I logged in my account this morning and clicked to cancel my subscription. It asked if I wanted to look at other offers. You bet. It gave me a full year for $5 a month. Easy enough and only took a few minutes.
Don’t wait. They will credit you back for unused portion. Mine had just renewed on April 1st and they gave me back all but $2.
Thanks Flyer 24! This worked for me just now. Locked in $5/mo for 1 year and saved $11 all online. Downgraded from All-access to Select.
Edit- Looks like they are estimating renewal charges of $21, ugh!
Edit2- Maybe because I switched early from 1-yr special offer to monthly plan?
Yes. You want to do the one year plan for the best deal. I paid an upfront $60 for the year.
PalmQueen

Post by PalmQueen »

My first year subscription is up later this month, so I've got the dreaded phone call scheduled on the calendar.
Do I understand correctly this can now be done on the internet but it's two-steps?
First, cancel the existing subscription. Then go back in as a "returning subscriber" to sign up for the offer?

Do you need to wait a period of time between cancelling and returning?
Do you recommend having a buffer of a few days before the end of the existing subscription to be sure they don't auto-renew it?

This is very timely information for me. Thanks for sharing!
mnsportsgeek

Post by mnsportsgeek »

I’ve found that if you hold out long enough they cheapest they’ll go down to is $60 a year.
Hockey10

Post by Hockey10 »

PalmQueen wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:08 am My first year subscription is up later this month, so I've got the dreaded phone call scheduled on the calendar.
Do I understand correctly this can now be done on the internet but it's two-steps?
First, cancel the existing subscription. Then go back in as a "returning subscriber" to sign up for the offer?

Do you recommend having a buffer of a few days before the end of the existing subscription to be sure they don't auto-renew it?

My contract was up earlier this week, so I called the day before it expired. They first give you an automated warning that call volumes and wait times are very high / long. They then ask if I would be interested in listening to a special offer. I said yes and within 2 minutes agreed to a 12 month plan for $72.65 (including fees) for the XM Select plan. I did not have to speak to a live person. The number I used was 866-635-2349. I don't think this is their main customer service number, but one they gave me in the past when I threatened to cancel.
PalmQueen

Post by PalmQueen »

Hockey10 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:23 pm
PalmQueen wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:08 am My first year subscription is up later this month, so I've got the dreaded phone call scheduled on the calendar.

My contract was up earlier this week, so I called the day before it expired. They first give you an automated warning that call volumes and wait times are very high / long. They then ask if I would be interested in listening to a special offer. I said yes and within 2 minutes agreed to a 12 month plan for $72.65 (including fees) for the XM Select plan. I did not have to speak to a live person. The number I used was 866-635-2349. I don't think this is their main customer service number, but one they gave me in the past when I threatened to cancel.
Thanks Hockey10! :sharebeer
amp

Post by amp »

I was on the $5/month plan and called them to cancel because I'm just not driving these days. They kept offering me better and better deals until they got down to 38¢/month for the remainder of the summer. I figured at that rate it's worth it to have some music for my weekly drive around the block.
rec630

Post by rec630 »

They offered me AllAccess for $99/yr plus fees and taxes. Same rate they did the Select plan for last year. Would not go any lower.
schachtw

Post by schachtw »

My subscription was up on May 31. I spoke with a SiriusXM rep, and stated I wanted to cancel.

To get me to renew, she gave me three months credit (March - May), for the months we rarely drove.

Two cars, 6 months @ $5/month came to $32.62

It was worth renewing for 6 months $2.60/month. When this expires, I’m done.
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

Schuyler74 posted this advice (March 28 if you want to scroll back in the discussion):
My SiriusXM subscription was set to expire in 3 days. I just called them up on the phone and found out they're closed on weekends. The recording said customer service is badly delayed right now due to the economic shutdown and suggested writing an email or visiting the website instead.

Went to the site, found the pull-downs to CANCEL and three offers came up:
12 months of XM All Access for $99 (includes streaming, Howard Stern, and more live sports)
12 months of XM Select for $60
6 months of XM Select for $29.94
I chose #2. With a U.S. Music Royalty fee of $12.84, it came to $72.84 for one year, not bad.

Note: all subscriptions will auto-renew upon expiration at whatever the monthly rates are at the time.
Follow the instructions and you can do everything online without having the song and dance with a customer service rep on the phone which is so 20th century LOL.

I did this just after renewing for what I thought was a good deal at $10.99/month for the lowest tier (ha) and got same deal of $5/month for Select. The system automatically credited back the difference and it was so easy.
Eagle33

Post by Eagle33 »

pennywise wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:02 am

Schuyler74 posted this advice (March 28 if you want to scroll back in the discussion):
My SiriusXM subscription was set to expire in 3 days. I just called them up on the phone and found out they're closed on weekends. The recording said customer service is badly delayed right now due to the economic shutdown and suggested writing an email or visiting the website instead.

Went to the site, found the pull-downs to CANCEL and three offers came up:
12 months of XM All Access for $99 (includes streaming, Howard Stern, and more live sports)
12 months of XM Select for $60
6 months of XM Select for $29.94
I chose #2. With a U.S. Music Royalty fee of $12.84, it came to $72.84 for one year, not bad.

Note: all subscriptions will auto-renew upon expiration at whatever the monthly rates are at the time.
Follow the instructions and you can do everything online without having the song and dance with a customer service rep on the phone which is so 20th century LOL.

I did this just after renewing for what I thought was a good deal at $10.99/month for the lowest tier (ha) and got same deal of $5/month for Select. The system automatically credited back the difference and it was so easy.
To save you from having to scroll. Schuyler74 post
PalmQueen

Post by PalmQueen »

Hockey10 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:23 pm

Thank you to all who provided tips for the dreaded SiriusXM renewal process.
I completed the task so here's an update of my experience.

A week before my subscription was due to renew I went to the website and selected "I want to cancel" from the drop-down list. The only renewal option offered was the $99/year all-access subscription. I wanted the $60/year select subscription so logged out and called the number Hockey10 recommended. Their automated system talked to me and I agreed to the XM Select plan for $72.65 including fees. It was very quick. So quick it seemed like the confirmation of credit card charge was in my inbox before I hung up the phone.
MisterBill

Post by MisterBill »

PalmQueen wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:52 am Thank you to all who provided tips for the dreaded SiriusXM renewal process.
I completed the task so here's an update of my experience.

A week before my subscription was due to renew I went to the website and selected "I want to cancel" from the drop-down list. The only renewal option offered was the $99/year all-access subscription. I wanted the $60/year select subscription so logged out and called the number Hockey10 recommended. Their automated system talked to me and I agreed to the XM Select plan for $72.65 including fees. It was very quick. So quick it seemed like the confirmation of credit card charge was in my inbox before I hung up the phone.
Seems like something good has come of the pandemic :happy .
beernutz

Post by beernutz »

If they get their business model together I might consider renewing but this voodoo "some people pay full price and others get it practically for free" situation is not one in which I'm interested in participating.
AA: 40/41/19 - equities/positive return-zero volatility/bonds
PalmQueen

Post by PalmQueen »

beernutz wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:16 pm If they get their business model together I might consider renewing but this voodoo "some people pay full price and others get it practically for free" situation is not one in which I'm interested in participating.
In case you're interested, their web page now has the $60 for 12 month offer for returning customers. Click on "Subscriptions" then on the purple rectangle that says "Returning Listener".

Of course, the fine print indicates that at the end of the 12 months, regular rates will apply so you would still need to set up a reminder when the 12 months ends.
neilpilot

Post by neilpilot »

PalmQueen wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:34 pm
beernutz wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:16 pm If they get their business model together I might consider renewing but this voodoo "some people pay full price and others get it practically for free" situation is not one in which I'm interested in participating.
In case you're interested, their web page now has the $60 for 12 month offer for returning customers. Click on "Subscriptions" then on the purple rectangle that says "Returning Listener".

Of course, the fine print indicates that at the end of the 12 months, regular rates will apply so you would still need to set up a reminder when the 12 months ends.
This option doesn't appear to work for me. I'm on a $60/12mo special that is set to convert to a regular subscription in 1 week, and although I can see the Returning Listener offer it won't activate in my case. Seems I'm stuck talking to someone in the next week.
halfpint003

Post by halfpint003 »

I called to cancel my SiriusXM subscription today and was offered $5 a month + taxes and fees for a year. When I said that I still wanted to cancel, I was offered $2 a month + taxes and fees for 3 months for all access.
rgs92

Post by rgs92 »

Just wanted to add thanks for the info here.
h82goslw

Post by h82goslw »

My subscription was up this week so went online last week planning on canceling as I’m not driving at all now and probably won’t be much until end of summer. Found chat box and told person I wanted to cancel...of course offered the 12 months for $60 and I declined. Then they offered 3 months for $.02. Yes you read correctly...2 cents. Ok I’ll take that. If I listen once for a minute it’s worth it. Of course at end of 3 months converts to $25 per month so I need to be vigilant with the date.
Cubicle

Post by Cubicle »

beernutz wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:16 pmbut this voodoo "some people pay full price and others get it practically for free" situation is not one in which I'm interested in participating
This is a pet peeve of mine. I've cancelled cable tv multiple times over this. A few phone companies, some other random companies. When they ask why I tell them:

"You guys gave me a great rate a few days ago, which means you were overcharging me before. I can't, correction, won't, deal with a company who could do better, but chooses not to."
$1 saved = >$1 earned. ✓
bluebolt

Post by bluebolt »

Cubicle wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:38 pm
beernutz wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:16 pmbut this voodoo "some people pay full price and others get it practically for free" situation is not one in which I'm interested in participating
This is a pet peeve of mine. I've cancelled cable tv multiple times over this. A few phone companies, some other random companies. When they ask why I tell them:

"You guys gave me a great rate a few days ago, which means you were overcharging me before. I can't, correction, won't, deal with a company who could do better, but chooses not to."
If companies charged everyone the same price as you are suggesting, there wouldn't be any good deals for us Bogleheads.
MDfan

Post by MDfan »

I’ve never paid more than $5/mo for Sirius and I’ve had it for more than 10 years.
hudson

Post by hudson »

Cubicle wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:38 pm When they ask why I tell them:

I wonder if this comment has any effect on SiriusXM.
If it did how would they do it differently?
I have heartburn every year when it's renewal time.
At renewal time, I go online and read about the best method to get the best 1 year price....and then I go for it.
Buying a new vehicle is almost the same game...with bigger stakes....but maybe every 10 years.

With SiriusXM and car dealers, I know that if I pay they asking price that I'm getting robbed....so I have to play the game.
F150HD

Post by F150HD »

SiriusXM offers both streaming (on a phone) AND satellite, its not solely a 'satellite' radio.
yolofitz

Post by yolofitz »

Thank you everyone. Called & said I couldn’t afford $252/yr. Immediately offered $99/yr & I said no. Then quickly offered $72/yr but with a credit of $18 for a net charge of $54.28 for subscription that ends 6/28/2021. Again, thank you
MisterBill

Post by MisterBill »

F150HD wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:18 am SiriusXM offers both streaming (on a phone) AND satellite, its not solely a 'satellite' radio.
You can also stream XM on an Amazon Alexa device.
mikedm

Post by mikedm »

I just renewed for 1 year for $77.50 each for 2 cars, totaling $155, for Sirius Select. That was their first offer via online chat, which matches what I paid last renewal. I probably could have held out for a little better deal but for me it wasn't worth the trouble. I listen to it all the time, including listening to streaming on my daily walks, so I'm satisfied.
squirm

Post by squirm »

I don't see this, either you can't cancel online or it's hidden very well. I looked all over.

Went to the site, found the pull-downs to CANCEL and three offers came up
tschaefges

Post by tschaefges »

squirm wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:11 pm I don't see this, either you can't cancel online or it's hidden very well. I looked all over.

I didn't see it either when I was using my desktop computer. But when I downloaded the Sirius app on my phone the option was there.
squirm

Post by squirm »

tschaefges wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:18 am
squirm wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:11 pm I don't see this, either you can't cancel online or it's hidden very well. I looked all over.

I didn't see it either when I was using my desktop computer. But when I downloaded the Sirius app on my phone the option was there.
Cool, I'll try that.