[What TV Show Have You Recently Watched?]

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Capsu78

Re: [What TV Show Have You Recently Watched?]

Post by Capsu78 »

"The Last Post" on Amazon Prime. Six episode, early 1960's when Great Britain gets chased out of a strategic port in what is now Yeman. Lots of character development for such a short series but DW and I found it quite binge worthy.
JBTX

Post by JBTX »

Just finished ZeroZeroZero on Prime. I liked it a lot. 8 episode series - fictional account of a drug shipment transaction beginning to end, spanning New Orleans, Mexico, Africa and Italy. You keep going back and forth between protagonists that are different players in the business. Then you go back and redo the same time period but from the perspective of a different character. Not at all uplifting, very dark. Sparse dialogue. Quite a change of pace from 4 seasons of progressive vapidity of Suits.
cheese_breath

Post by cheese_breath »

JBTX wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:55 am ... vapidity of Suits.
:D :D
I watched every episode of Suits until the one where the entire episode was swearing. Never watch another one after that.
The surest way to know the future is when it becomes the past.
MDfan

Post by MDfan »

heartwood wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:45 pm Nate Bargatze The Tennessee Kid on Netflix

A stand-up comic I had not heard of. Luckily I gave it more than the first three minutes. One of the more talented guys I've watched in a long time. Funny, clean. Laugh out loud for my wife and me.

If you watch it, stay tuned for the closing credits which have a couple of photos of a couple of his riffs.

He's got another coming on Netflix on the 18th. I'll watch that as well as some of his routines on Youtube

Nate Bargatze is fantastic. Saw him in person in 2019 in DC and plan to see him again in the Fall in Nashville. IMO, the best comic out there right now (John Mulaney is really good, too). I highly recommend his two specials on Netflix and his in-person shows.
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

JBTX wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:55 am .... progressive vapidity of Suits.
Suits had a clever premise but it wasn't enough to carry a whole series of episodes so they ran out ideas and had to veer off into vapidity. Also, there were no likeable characters to relate to or root for. Every one was a self-centered ___________ (you fill in an expletive). We simply didn't care and gave up on it.

The only character with any likeability is the one they presented as the least likeable: Louis Litt (Rick Hoffman). You could at lest feel sorry for him.
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker (aka S.O.B.), the Cowboy Poet
JBTX

Post by JBTX »

bertilak wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:41 am
Suits had a clever premise but it wasn't enough to carry a whole series of episodes so they ran out ideas and had to veer off into vapidity. Also, there were no likeable characters to relate to or root for. Every one was a self-centered ___________ (you fill in an expletive). We simply didn't care and gave up on it.

The only character with any likeability is the one they presented as the least likeable: Louis Litt (Rick Hoffman). You could at lest feel sorry for him.
I plowed through about 4 of 7 seasons, but it's repetitiveness became tiresome. More and more the back drop was relationships, and someone said some something, or did something, or withheld something that put the entire relationship in jeopardy. Much hurt feelings,drama and victim hood ensued, until everybody makes up and feels better, or not. Also how many episodes do we need where the entire firm is in danger because somebody isn't really a lawyer, but somehow it resolves itself.
hoops777

Post by hoops777 »

I would disagree about the likability of the characters. I liked most of them, flaws and all, but that is of course individual taste. I don’t think a show lasts that long without likable characters.
K.I.S.S........so easy to say so difficult to do.
JBTX

Post by JBTX »

hoops777 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:06 pm

I would disagree about the likability of the characters. I liked most of them, flaws and all, but that is of course individual taste. I don’t think a show lasts that long without likable characters.
I personally didn't have an issue with the like ability or lack of it. I actually thought some of the characters is what made the show initially interesting. But as happens in many series, the characters get watered down in the ongoing effort to humanize them. I think Louis Litt could have been far more interesting, but they quickly turn him into an emotional clown.

A different legal show that I thought had far more staying power was the good wife. It stayed relevant because every episode usually had a contemporary substantive back drop / sub plot.
hoops777

Post by hoops777 »

JBTX wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:56 pm

I personally didn't have an issue with the like ability or lack of it. I actually thought some of the characters is what made the show initially interesting. But as happens in many series, the characters get watered down in the ongoing effort to humanize them. I think Louis Litt could have been far more interesting, but they quickly turn him into an emotional clown.

A different legal show that I thought had far more staying power was the good wife. It stayed relevant because every episode usually had a contemporary substantive back drop / sub plot.
The Good Wife was excellent and its spinoff not so much.
K.I.S.S........so easy to say so difficult to do.
JBTX

Post by JBTX »

hoops777 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:02 pm

Agree the good fight went off the rails into the political realm.
cheese_breath

Post by cheese_breath »

hoops777 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:02 pm

Agree on the Good Wife. Didn't see the spinoff.
IowaFarmWife

Post by IowaFarmWife »

My husband and I have been watching All Creatures Great and Small on PBS. I loved the books and I am impressed with the TV series remake.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/sh ... and-small/#
"A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore." Yogi Berra's financial wisdom.
BigW

Post by BigW »

One more recommendation for 'New Tricks' on Amazon Prime. I started watching at Season 1 this Summer whenever nothing else was worth watching (which was a LOT). It's a very entertaining British series about retired cops recruited to man a unique 'cold case' squad. There are 12 Seasons of ten 50 minute shows each, and I'm feeling a little sad that I am now half way through the last Season and won't have New Tricks as my go-to when nothing else is on.
JackoC

Post by JackoC »

I agree 'Good Wife' sustained itself better than 'Suits' against the inevitable aging process of shows, such as the sanding off of the initial rough edges on the characters, and the exhaustion of the initial premise. I don't think we'd ever have gotten into Suits starting it a few seasons in, The Good Wife maybe still. We watched the whole run of Suits (streaming one episode a night most nights as usual for us) but out of habit mainly, The Good Wife was more actually compelling in its later seasons. Also all such shows are pretty fanciful but Suits the more so of those two IMO. Unrealistic plots and details obviously don't prohibit excellent shows or there would be almost no excellent shows, but part of Suits' not aging so well were fewer positive things to distract one over time from the fanciful depiction of the upscale NY business world.
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Genius: Aretha. This is the 3rd season in this National Geographic Network series. I just completed Season 1: Einstein. I skipped over Season 2: Pablo Piccaso, but had to see the Aretha season as it's currently live on National Geo and plays the next day on Hulu. I have been especially impressed by Cynthia Erivo's portrayal of Aretha. Of course, no one comes close to singing like Aretha but Cynthia Erivo is exceptionally talented (I saw her on Broadway in The Color Purple, the Musical, and she was awesome). The Franklin family appears to be upset with this series (and one can see how airing the dirty laundry of Aretha's family would be upsetting).

If you're going to watch Genius: Aretha, I strongly suggest you also watch "Amazing Grace," the concert film released in 2018, some 36 years after it was originally filmed by Sidney Pollack and shortly after Aretha had died. Amazing Grace, the film and album (which was released in 1972 and is considered the greatest gospel album of all time), reveals the best in Aretha's musicality, in my opinion. Episode 6 in Genius: Aretha, whch is scheduled to be shown tonight, is all about the making of Amazing Grace, so it will be interesting to see how this Episode actually compares to the film. Suffice it to say that Aretha was not pleased with the film and put a hold on it while she was alive.
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

bertilak wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:47 pm Jean-Claude Van Johnson, 2016, Prime Video, starring (who else) Jean-Claude Van Damme
You gotta give Van Damme credit for being the brunt of most of the jokes.
Example:
JCVD and his lady friend are looking for a hideout to practice their martial arts skills. They come upon an abandoned Blockbuster store and break in. His puzzled lady friend asks why here? JCVD says "It's perfect. Nobody's looked for me here in 20 years."
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker (aka S.O.B.), the Cowboy Poet
JBTX

Post by JBTX »

Watched "I know this much is True" on HBO max. Mini series starring mark Ruffalo. Story about him and his mentally ill twin brother as well as other family issues. A while back I watched the first episode and gave up. Not sure why. It just seemed all over the place and I guess I didn't like where it seemed to be headed. Gave it another try and finished it - 6 episodes. It was pretty good. Not great but worth watching.
FIREyourself

Post by FIREyourself »

"Derek" on Netflix starring Ricky Gervais

Really heartwarming show about a group of nursing home workers. It's a shame there's only a few short seasons!
1/3 VTI | 1/3 VXUS | 1/3 BND
Random Poster

Post by Random Poster »

Tehran, on AppleTV.

It is basically an Arabic Bourne movie, in 8 parts.

Only through the fourth episode, but I like it so far.
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

We just re-watched some ballet, including a short clip of Rudolf Nureyev and Margot Fonteyn in their pas de deux from Giselle.

She is incredibly graceful, does some amazing flutters with her feet, and seems to have no bones in her arms.
But HIM... Those jumps and <scissor kicks or whatever they're called> are so high... it seems not to be humanly possible. And he makes it seem so effortless (ha!).
I had forgotten how amazing that talent was.
DH had a chance to see Nureyev in person in Amsterdam many years ago, and got a returned ticket for something like middle 5th row. That must have been amazing.

We've also been watching some very special classical orchestral pieces and soloists, also on YouTube. And some operatic specials, including master classes. Amazing talent.

It's really special to be able to enjoy these performances so much later. And again and again :happy

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
Sahara

Post by Sahara »

minesweep wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:21 pm
rterickson wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:09 pm
Broken Man 1999 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:24 am I have been binge-watching Hannibal.Excellent program. Serial killer shows fascinate me. Not sure what that says about me.

Broken Man 1999
You may be happy to hear that Season 9 of Dexter is scheduled to air this fall. I'll certainly watch it.
I wasn't aware a 9th season of Dexter was in the works. Thanks for the heads up. I caught the first 8 episodes on DVD from my local library. Hope to watch it eventually on my Amazon Fire Stick.
Fans of Dexter may want to check out Epitafios, available on Hulu and a few other providers.
JackieBog46

Post by JackieBog46 »

Heartland. No vampires, crackheads, zombies or drug dealers - true to life. Clean but more raw than you expect. On for 14 years and still filming. Same cast. Watch the youngsters grow up before your eyes. Lovely romance. Most popular actress in the world that you've never heard of. Shown in 115 countries. Not trying to scare you, no political agenda or woke indoctrination. Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc.

Here's a 4 minute overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-PbxfpJpO8
JBTX

Post by JBTX »

Watching HBO documentary series on Q. Mostly focused on who Q actually is.

Started watching counterpart on Amazon, a Starz series. Pretty interesting actually. Science fiction, where an alternate duplicate universe appeared decades ago, and impact of people going back and forth of the very few that know about.
Elsebet

Post by Elsebet »

"Dead to Me" on Netflix. I enjoyed this dark comedy more than I thought I would, some episodes are extremely witty and well written. There is however a strong need to suspend disbelief in parts of the plot. I will admit I have loved watching Linda Cardellini since I first saw her in Grandma's Boy and would probably watch anything with her in it.
"...the man who adapts himself to his slender means and makes himself wealthy on a little sum, is the truly rich man..." ~Seneca
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

JackieBog46 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:22 am Heartland. No vampires, crackheads, zombies or drug dealers - true to life. Clean but more raw than you expect. On for 14 years and still filming. Same cast. Watch the youngsters grow up before your eyes. Lovely romance. Most popular actress in the world that you've never heard of. Shown in 115 countries. Not trying to scare you, no political agenda or woke indoctrination. Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc.

12 of your 22 posts on this board have been in this thread, all about Heartland.
neilpilot

Post by neilpilot »

stoptothink wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:33 pm
JackieBog46 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:22 am Heartland. No vampires, crackheads, zombies or drug dealers - true to life. Clean but more raw than you expect. On for 14 years and still filming. Same cast. Watch the youngsters grow up before your eyes. Lovely romance. Most popular actress in the world that you've never heard of. Shown in 115 countries. Not trying to scare you, no political agenda or woke indoctrination. Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc.

12 of your 22 posts on this board have been in this thread, all about Heartland.
Sorry to say you are incorrect. It's actually 13 out of 22. :oops:
Sunflower

Post by Sunflower »

FedGuy wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:34 am
cheese_breath wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:02 pm Resident Alien on SYFY
Agreed. Dark humor, but very funny.
A positively bright spot during this time and will be remembered for that. Absolutely fell in love with the lead actor.
cheese_breath

Post by cheese_breath »

Sunflower wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:16 pm
A positively bright spot during this time and will be remembered for that. Absolutely fell in love with the lead actor.
If ever you saw Firefly you might remember Alan Tydyk played "Wash"
absolute zero

Post by absolute zero »

After reading a couple of his other posts I've concluded that he is not a robot but is someone that is very, very passionate about this Canadian family drama TV-show. I get that everyone has different passions. I just hope that a TV show never becomes one of my passions. :shock:
Sunflower

Post by Sunflower »

cheese_breath wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:23 pm
Sunflower wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:16 pm
If ever you saw Firefly you might remember Alan Tydyk played "Wash"
I missed Firefly the first time around but have been looking up Alan Tudyk's past work and have seen a lot of clips. Very talented guy and much loved for that show. I recognize him from various things but he never "clicked" until now (I would be one of his sobbing fans if I had watched Firefly/Serenity).

Tomorrow is the Resident Alien season finale! Bummed but at least it's been renewed.
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

“Tehran” on Apple TV+

Enjoying it thus far.

Tony
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
Bylo Selhi

Post by Bylo Selhi »

absolute zero wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:55 pmthis Canadian family drama TV-show
If you want a "Canadian" family drama with more edge, check out Tin Star (TV Series 2017–2020) - IMDb. The first two seasons were shot at Waterton National Park in Alberta which shares the border with Glacier NP in Montana. Stunning scenery. The star is Tim Roth from Lie to Me.
cheese_breath

Post by cheese_breath »

Sunflower wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:03 pm ... Tomorrow is the Resident Alien season finale! ...
And did you see the beginning of it where we discover it wasn't the hairdresser who killed Sam?
wander

Post by wander »

Agatha Christie's Poirot
Professor T
Doom&Gloom

Post by Doom&Gloom »

We signed up for Brit Box this week and are wading into A Touch of Frost from the beginning. Enjoying it so far.

We're also revisiting Fawlty Towers for short dead gaps in our evenings.
Capsu78

Post by Capsu78 »

Just finished S2 of "Patriot" on Amazon Prime. Started watching it with my wife, who thought it was ok but bailed after 3 episodes... "Written for guys" was her critique. By the time I got to S2, I realized she was right... and I enjoyed it very much. Quirky, often implausible and very twist and turny, it takes place in Milwaukee, Luxembourg in S1, and moves onto Paris in S2. Cast is all over the place, from "Lost" to "That 70's Show" to "Officer and a Gentleman"!
It is dark and often suspenseful, but humorous in a Wes Craven way. Even though my wife's critique is valid, that it is written for the Bro's, It has a surprising number of strong female characters in meaningful roles. Each episode has an interesting title, so look out for that.
Thumbs up.
JackoC

Post by JackoC »

Capsu78 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:36 am Just finished S2 of "Patriot" on Amazon Prime. Started watching it with my wife, who thought it was ok but bailed after 3 episodes... "Written for guys" was her critique. By the time I got to S2, I realized she was right... and I enjoyed it very much. Quirky, often implausible and very twist and turny, it takes place in Milwaukee, Luxembourg in S1, and moves onto Paris in S2. Cast is all over the place, from "Lost" to "That 70's Show" to "Officer and a Gentleman"!
It is dark and often suspenseful, but humorous in a Wes Craven way. Even though my wife's critique is valid, that it is written for the Bro's, It has a surprising number of strong female characters in meaningful roles. Each episode has an interesting title, so look out for that.
Thumbs up.
I largely agree, and though my wife watched the whole thing with me she wasn't as positive about it as I was. But I'd just note for other potential viewers that while it *might* systematically appeal more to men, it's not for the kind of things one might think of in stereotypically male v female audience oriented shows/movies. Mainly that show, to me, is weird. And sometimes it was just weird, but with enough moments so funny I was almost rolling on the floor. Even now when I think of the pipe salesman who knows Portuguese serving as interpreter for the interrogation of the Brazilian gangsters by the main character, and how he slips in different stuff (seeing their reaction he asks, 'are you translating what I'm saying?' 'sure, sure') it makes me laugh.
Barkingsparrow

Post by Barkingsparrow »

bertilak wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:00 pm
Barkingsparrow wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:53 pm My Life is Murder (Amazon Prime/Acorn). Just finished season 1. Breezy Australia mystery series staring Lucy Lawless. We liked it, does not take itself too seriously, and with an appealing cast. Enjoyed seeing the scenes around Melbourne where the series is based. Series was renewed for a season 2.

New Tricks (Amazon Prime). Just started season 1. The pilot was slightly incoherent and not totally believable, but enjoyed it well enough that we'll keep watching to see if it hooks us in.
I think it holds up.
Plots are pretty standard but the main characters are interesting. it is a fun show with just enough mystery to keep you guessing.

Not every mystery show's plots can equal Agatha Christie or Midsomer Murders.
Just started season 3. It does improve. There's a few throwaways that are more than offset by some really entertaining episodes. "Ladys Pleasure" and "Old Dogs" early in season 3 had us laughing.
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

JackoC wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:04 am
Capsu78 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:36 am Just finished S2 of "Patriot" on Amazon Prime. Started watching it with my wife, who thought it was ok but bailed after 3 episodes... "Written for guys" was her critique. By the time I got to S2, I realized she was right... and I enjoyed it very much. Quirky, often implausible and very twist and turny, it takes place in Milwaukee, Luxembourg in S1, and moves onto Paris in S2. Cast is all over the place, from "Lost" to "That 70's Show" to "Officer and a Gentleman"!
Thumbs up.
I largely agree, and though my wife watched the whole thing with me she wasn't as positive about it as I was. But I'd just note for other potential viewers that while it *might* systematically appeal more to men, it's not for the kind of things one might think of in stereotypically male v female audience oriented shows/movies. Mainly that show, to me, is weird. And sometimes it was just weird, but with enough moments so funny I was almost rolling on the floor. Even now when I think of the pipe salesman who knows Portuguese serving as interpreter for the interrogation of the Brazilian gangsters by the main character, and how he slips in different stuff (seeing their reaction he asks, 'are you translating what I'm saying?' 'sure, sure') it makes me laugh.
I think my wife liked it more than I did.
JBTX

Post by JBTX »

absolute zero wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:55 pm

After reading a couple of his other posts I've concluded that he is not a robot but is someone that is very, very passionate about this Canadian family drama TV-show. I get that everyone has different passions. I just hope that a TV show never becomes one of my passions. :shock:
I actually gave the Heartland show a shot. Got through one season. It wasn't the worst show I ever watched. But didn't continue. Pretty cheezy, modern day knock off of little house on the Prairie. Thought my wife may like it, but she got as far as I did and lost interest also.
Capsu78

Post by Capsu78 »

JackoC wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:04 am
Thumbs up.
The explanation for the "Dutchboy" security team had me laughing too!
Elsebet

Post by Elsebet »

Watching Season 1 of "Hannibal" right now on Amazon Prime. Very high production values and I love the setting and main actors. However I'm not sure how I feel about the series overall though, there are some parts of it I find hard to maintain my suspension of disbelief and it takes me out of the story.
"...the man who adapts himself to his slender means and makes himself wealthy on a little sum, is the truly rich man..." ~Seneca
Dead Man Walking

Post by Dead Man Walking »

Clarice on CBS is based on the character Clarice Starling from Silence of the Lambs. She is suffering from PTSD caused by her previous experiences as an FBI agent. She is in therapy for PTSD while trying to solve a case involving a coverup of corporate malfeasance. The rest of the cast also suffers from some problem. The latest plot twist is a mole in the FBI unit. The intriguing aspect of the show is the moths that were in Silence of the Lambs frequently haunt Clarice. The show is somewhat bizarre; however, I’ll stick with it for awhile longer.

DMW
Sunflower

Post by Sunflower »

cheese_breath wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:12 pm
Sunflower wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:03 pm ... Tomorrow is the Resident Alien season finale! ...
And did you see the beginning of it where we discover it wasn't the hairdresser who killed Sam?
I thought oh, no! Then realized who it was. Now the question for next season is why. When the doctor is making a bid at the NYC gallery the list has a familiar name on it. I love a murder mystery! The last epi was rushed, don't know if they knew they had been renewed at that point and were trying to tie up some things. I love how Tudyk holds his "little hands" at his side like the alien's extra set of arms, most notably in episode one looking over the dead body. Kung kung! It's been fun.
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

BritBox has seasons 16, 17, 18 of Grand Designs available now. Seasons of this show are not always available. GREAT show if you enjoy architecture, building, and people who persist in their dreams.

:sharebeer :sharebeer :sharebeer
I get the FI part but not the RE part of FIRE.
HeartinAK

Post by HeartinAK »

Just finished binging all seasons of Elementary. How did I miss this show?! We loved it.
Also, We loved Resident Alien. I enjoyed him in Firefly and as Steve the Pirate on Dodgeball.
Now to try and find something to replace Elementary!
Jules
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

The Witcher, on Netflix. It's a bit confusing to follow, but done well. I'll keep watching.

On a related note, I just upgraded my TV to 4k high-def. (Re: Repair plasma television or get new TV?)

I also upgraded Netflix to the Premium plan to get the high def content.

The Witcher is produced in Dolby Vision / Dolby Atmos. :thumbsup
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Cruise

Post by Cruise »

Currently into Suburra, an Italian crime drama on Netflix.
Barkingsparrow

Post by Barkingsparrow »

LadyGeek wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:24 pm The Witcher, on Netflix. It's a bit confusing to follow, but done well. I'll keep watching.

On a related note, I just upgraded my TV to 4k high-def. (Re: Repair plasma television or get new TV?)

I also upgraded Netflix to the Premium plan to get the high def content.

The Witcher is produced in Dolby Vision / Dolby Atmos. :thumbsup
Confusing for a bit, because they are following different timelines of the main characters; IMHO - it does gets better and comes together at the end. The showrunner has promised that season 2 will be more linear (which just finished filming and is in post-production).

At any rate - I'm jealous of your new TV and I'm in the mood to upgrade my 9-year old HDTV, which unfortunately - refuses to go on the blink and is testing my resolve never to replace an appliance until it breaks.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

^^^ Thanks for the explanation. It makes sense now.

My plasma wasn't dead. Comparing what it looked like now to what's possible with high-def OLED was all the justification I needed. "HD" is not "Ultra HD". Compare for yourself and I think you'll come to the same conclusion. (HDTVs can be discussed in a separate thread.)
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.