[What TV Show Have You Recently Watched?]

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
tomsense76

Re: [What TV Show Have You Recently Watched?]

Post by tomsense76 »

JBTX wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:38 pm Apparently counterpart was cancelled by Starz because

1. They were moving towards a more female geared audience, and that show was considered to "male" (go figure)

2. It's ratings weren't good.

For years I had Starz but never watched it, for some reason the same guy playing two roles seemed dumb, although actually turns out it was a feature, and I wasn't aware of the parallel universe theme.
Interesting there were some pretty significant female characters in there. Wonder how they decided that.

Yeah that's fair. Not everyone's cup of tea.

Yeah I'm having trouble thinking what other shows I've watched from Starz that I've liked outside that one. Though that's not just a Starz thing.

HBO used to have really good edgy stuff and any more I think it's dropped the ball.

Showtime also had a good run. There's still Billions, but nothing there sticks out to me either. Have debated doing a free signup thing just to finish the last season of Homeland. Maybe I'll wait until the next season of Billions comes out to have something else to watch as well.
"Anyone who claims to understand quantum theory is either lying or crazy" -- Richard Feynman
Random Musings

Post by Random Musings »

Capsu78 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:14 pm Just started S2 of "The Startup" on Netflix. We like it a lot. Not to take anything away from "Ozark" or "Halt and Catch Fire", I'm feeling the same way about "Startup" fter S1 as I did about those other 2...Character build up is very good, storyline twisty and turny and a number of times where we just said "wow!' Hope S2 and 3 can hold up.
Really liked Season 1 and part of Season 2. Almost done with Season 3, good, but not as good as the first half of the 3 year series.

RM
I figure the odds be fifty-fifty I just might have something to say. FZ
JBTX

Post by JBTX »

tomsense76 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:55 pm
JBTX wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:38 pm Apparently counterpart was cancelled by Starz because

1. They were moving towards a more female geared audience, and that show was considered to "male" (go figure)

2. It's ratings weren't good.

For years I had Starz but never watched it, for some reason the same guy playing two roles seemed dumb, although actually turns out it was a feature, and I wasn't aware of the parallel universe theme.
Interesting there were some pretty significant female characters in there. Wonder how they decided that.

Yeah that's fair. Not everyone's cup of tea.

Yeah I'm having trouble thinking what other shows I've watched from Starz that I've liked outside that one. Though that's not just a Starz thing.

HBO used to have really good edgy stuff and any more I think it's dropped the ball.

Showtime also had a good run. There's still Billions, but nothing there sticks out to me either. Have debated doing a free signup thing just to finish the last season of Homeland. Maybe I'll wait until the next season of Billions comes out to have something else to watch as well.
If you have amazon prime you can do a 7 day free trial of showtime if you wanted to binge homeland last season. It was an interesting season and ended in an unexpected way.

Hbomax is the only one of those I have now, and there hasn't been anything new that I have found really interesting. If it were me I'd probably cancel it and occasionally sign up and binge anything worthwhile but that would annoy my wife.

It's probably a good thing because I'm watching less TV as I can find so little to watch.
Blues

Post by Blues »

Nicolas wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:50 pm American Masters — Buddy Guy: The Blues Chase The Blues Away

A 90 minute retrospective of the career of bluesman Buddy Guy including interviews with other famous blues guitarists he influenced and with the man himself. Includes snippets of many famous performances. I enjoyed it. I watched it on PBS.

Here’s the trailer

https://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmaster ... ary/17954/
Fortunate to have been able to see him in person over the years along with Junior Wells, B.B. King and other great blues artists.
roamingzebra

Post by roamingzebra »

I'm almost finished with S4 of "line of Duty". (There are six seasons.) WOW. It is one fascinating show. Pity it has such a uninteresting name. As it now stands, LOD is definitely in my top 5 of all-time best TV series. While I did have issues with S1, even though the season was otherwise very good, S2-4 have been crazy good. Constant intrigue, deception and mind games. Great characters, great acting.

One actor I'd like to see more of is Keeley Hawes. It looks like "MI-5/Spooks" may be a good vehicle for that.

BTW, in S4, episode 3, there was a shout-out to one of our frequent Boglehead posters. It was in a scene between an investigator and the subject of the investigation.
"This is starting to feel like harassment, DS Arnott."

"Harassment, anti-corruption inquiry. To-may-to, to-mah-to."
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

roamingzebra wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:51 am BTW, in S4, episode 3, there was a shout-out to one of our frequent Boglehead posters. It was in a scene between an investigator and the subject of the investigation.

Hah, you won’t buy me off with a shoutout 😁

I liked it a lot in the beginning, but felt that the writing got lazy over time. The acting was generally good.
I get the FI part but not the RE part of FIRE.
Bylo Selhi

Post by Bylo Selhi »

roamingzebra wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:51 amOne actor I'd like to see more of is Keeley Hawes. It looks like "MI-5/Spooks" may be a good vehicle for that.
It is indeed. Also Bodyguard among others.
To-may-to, to-mah-to."
My preferred pronunciation is Toma-toe :twisted:
roamingzebra

Post by roamingzebra »

TomatoTomahto wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:19 pm
roamingzebra wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:51 am BTW, in S4, episode 3, there was a shout-out to one of our frequent Boglehead posters. It was in a scene between an investigator and the subject of the investigation.

Hah, you won’t buy me off with a shoutout 😁

I liked it a lot in the beginning, but felt that the writing got lazy over time. The acting was generally good.

I hear ya, and there have been some [expletive removed --admin LadyGeek] moments, with most of them in S4. But they don't mar my enjoyment of the show since they're more about the plot action (advancing the plot through shortcuts) rather than what really counts for me -- the cat-and-mouse psychological games between the investigators and the investigated. There's virtually no limits to the laugh-out-loud boldness and ingenuity of these wicked-smart and capable bent cops. But there is still time for me to be let down. I have one episode left in S4 plus the remaining seasons. I'm hoping the writers don't go a bridge too far.
roamingzebra

Post by roamingzebra »

Bylo Selhi wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:11 pm
roamingzebra wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:51 amOne actor I'd like to see more of is Keeley Hawes. It looks like "MI-5/Spooks" may be a good vehicle for that.
It is indeed. Also Bodyguard among others.
It looks like "Spooks" has 10 seasons. Are all the seasons good? Or does the quality decline in the later seasons.

Thanks for the rec on "Bodyguard".
Bylo Selhi

Post by Bylo Selhi »

roamingzebra wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:49 pmIt looks like "Spooks" has 10 seasons. Are all the seasons good? Or does the quality decline in the later seasons.
I would say it declines. But still good entertainment. A season is only 6 to 10 episodes so the whole run is not as daunting as it seems.

[Also avoid the A&E edited version of Spooks called MI-5 for consumption in the US. They butchered the Beeb's 60 minute episodes to make room for 15 minutes of commercials. Totally unwatchable.]
fabdog

Post by fabdog »

One actor I'd like to see more of is Keeley Hawes. It looks like "MI-5/Spooks" may be a good vehicle for that.
She's in the first 3 seasons

Mike
MP173

Post by MP173 »

Dirty John Season 1.

True story...not sure how much of it was embellished.

Ed
telemark

Post by telemark »

Ragnorak, on Netflix, in Norwegian with subtitles. An entertaining and imaginative reworking of a familiar story.

It also demonstrates that English is not the only language that borrows words or phrases from other languages.
hoops777

Post by hoops777 »

IowaFarmWife wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:41 pm We've been watching Virgin River on Netflix, and so far we are enjoying it.
We started this a few nights ago.
It is a decent show. Not going to win an Emmy for best drama, but good for what it is.

However, there is one character, Hope, who is the most annoying character I have ever encountered in watching thousands upon thousands hours of tv.
She is either a terrible actor, or for some reason the powers to be want her to be the most annoying character in the history of tv.
She has a long resume so I doubt she is a terrible actor.
Fingers on the chalkboard bad.
Me having to post on bogleheads bad :D
K.I.S.S........so easy to say so difficult to do.
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

Okay, now I’m going to have to watch at least one episode to see how annoying Hope is.
I get the FI part but not the RE part of FIRE.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Dark, on Netflix. A weird attempt at horror. Not bad, but not all that interesting. I'm not sure how much more I'll watch. On the plus side, I'm watching it in 4k high-def resolution.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

TomatoTomahto wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:20 pm Okay, now I’m going to have to watch at least one episode to see how annoying Hope is.
Thanks.

You can do that so we don't have to!

:wink:

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
Tdubs

Post by Tdubs »

hoops777 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:18 pm
IowaFarmWife wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:41 pm We've been watching Virgin River on Netflix, and so far we are enjoying it.
It is a decent show. Not going to win an Emmy for best drama, but good for what it is.

However, there is one character, Hope, who is the most annoying character I have ever encountered in watching thousands upon thousands hours of tv.
She is either a terrible actor, or for some reason the powers to be want her to be the most annoying character in the history of tv.
+1
ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon »

"Most annoying" may be hyperbole. But I can't think of a worse character, very annoying is certainly true.

Still we enjoyed the first two seasons, but not the third.
"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein | Wiki article link: Bogleheads® investment philosophy
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

LadyGeek wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:50 pm Dark, on Netflix. A weird attempt at horror. Not bad, but not all that interesting. I'm not sure how much more I'll watch. On the plus side, I'm watching it in 4k high-def resolution.
I down-voted this series and am now watching Ragnorak on Netflix. The scenery in high-def 4k resolution is excellent.
telemark wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:11 pm Ragnorak, on Netflix, in Norwegian with subtitles. An entertaining and imaginative reworking of a familiar story.

It also demonstrates that English is not the only language that borrows words or phrases from other languages.
Thanks! Not at all related to Ragnorak, but another good Norwegian series is Lilyhammer.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
jpelder

Post by jpelder »

I'm not currently watching it, since it's not out yet, but the trailer for the Wheel of Time TV show was released yesterday! I'm so excited.

https://youtu.be/3Fus4Xb_TLg
MoonOrb

Post by MoonOrb »

Recently finished on HBO:

The Flight Attendant
The White Lotus

Both well-written and well-acted and enjoyable in different ways.

Recently finished on Netflix:

The Innocents--Spanish adaptation of Harlen Coben novel. Jammed with lots of twists and turns like his other adaptations. Slick and enjoyable and entertaining.

Currently watching on Netflix:

The Chair
Gone for Good
Nate79

Post by Nate79 »

Binged watched all the seasons of Yellowstone and man I can't wait for the new season to start later this year as well the new series 1883.
Blues

Post by Blues »

Nate79 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:00 am Binged watched all the seasons of Yellowstone and man I can't wait for the new season to start later this year as well the new series 1883.
I found that show cringeworthy. Go figure.
hoops777

Post by hoops777 »

ruralavalon wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:25 am

"Most annoying" may be hyperbole. But I can't think of a worse character, very annoying is certainly true.

Still we enjoyed the first two seasons, but not the third.
Virgin River.

Ok, we finished season 3,whew…
The writers definitely have gotten carried away to the extreme.
Season one was pretty good.
Season 2 was ok.
Season 3 seems to have been written by people trying to one up one another in a silly contest testing the limits of believability.

I will say that I really like the actress that plays Mel, excellent choice for that role. Most of the characters are very likable, but the writers went places they did not need to go.
Last edited by hoops777 on Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
JBTX

Post by JBTX »

Nate79 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:00 am Binged watched all the seasons of Yellowstone and man I can't wait for the new season to start later this year as well the new series 1883.
Like many shows after a while it goes off the rails. The last season finale was just bizarre.

In a way it is a modern day "Dallas".
rixer

Post by rixer »

We've been watching "Clickbait" on Netflix. It's a very good limited series about a man who is going to be murdered when they recieve 5 million views on social media. It's much better than it sounds. There's 8 episodes. I like these limited series as they bring the story to an end instead ofdragging the story on and on until you get sick of it.
cnblure

Post by cnblure »

Clickbait is great.
Cruise

Post by Cruise »

The Family Man, on Amazon Prime.

We are mid-way through Season 1, and enjoying it a lot. About an Indian counter-terrorist agent and agency. It is like an Indian version of "24," but with less emphasis on suspense and more on comedy. The name of the series tells it all: It is about family dynamics of the counter-terrorist agent, the daily struggles of raising a family and maintaining peace in his marriage, all while trying to prevent Pakistani terrorists from committing mayhem. As you can discern, that is a lot for one man to juggle.
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

We've just rewatched the last few episodes of "Billions", in preparation for the new season starting this evening.

Some of it may be over the top (obviously), but we really enjoy the casting and acting.
The various cameo characters are fun to spot.

RM
chuckb84

Post by chuckb84 »

We're on the 5th episode of Stanley Tucci's "Searching for Italy" and really enjoying it. Trying to replicate his culinary experiences at home and planning an Italy trip! Highly recommended.
BogleHead1008

Post by BogleHead1008 »

Binge watched Yellowstone and cant wait for the new season to start.

Also watch Condor and it felt like I am watching Jack Ryan all over again...
Broken Man 1999

Post by Broken Man 1999 »

I started binge watching the original Perry Mason series a couple of days ago.

A couple of observations spring to mind: First, cigarette smoking was pervasive during all the episodes. :shock:
Second, the season's episodes were far more numerous than network TV series today.

It is always a game to me to try to identify actors and actresses who made guest appearances in a series that started in 1958. Angie Dickenson was in an episode I watched last night. No clue until I saw the credits.

Since we didn't have a TV until I was in Jr. HS, there are many old series I have never seen.

Broken Man 1999
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven then I shall not go." - Mark Twain
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

Broken Man 1999 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:26 pm I started binge watching the original Perry Mason series a couple of days ago.
The whole cast was great. My favorite is Lt. Tragg. His little one-liners were fun.

When Hamilton Burger lost a case it was never Lt. Tragg's fault. Tragg just collected evidence and pulled in suspects. Perry Mason could figure it out. It wasn't Tragg's fault that Burger couldn't!

And yes, good guys and bad guys all smoked. It's no wonder people of my generation took to it so readily, and to wearing Fedoras.

Ray Collins (Tragg) died of emphysema part way through the series, a pretty common situation. Few of us took the hint.

May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker (aka S.O.B.), the Cowboy Poet
roamingzebra

Post by roamingzebra »

Just a random thought, but many of these old, iconic shows also have iconic music themes. I'm thinking "Perry Mason" and "Twilight Zone". Another one is "Get Smart". But the only song I can immediately think of from a modern show is from "Bosch".

"I got a feeling that I can't let go."

Man, that pounding rhythm.

Am I the only one that closes the blinds, busts out the moves and digs the groove LOL?

(Not really, but I do sway in the chair).

[Yes, I know I'm getting off topic but I'll be back once I watch the final two episodes of LOD.]
roamingzebra

Post by roamingzebra »

I just finished "Line of Duty". I'd recommend it and rate it Very Good. I had a few nits here and there, but they were overshadowed by it just being an intelligent and good show.

The story itself involved following a small team of serious and competent male and female officers around as they investigate potential corruption in various police units. Both the main and guest cast/characters were great. The storylines weren't necessarily limited to a single season and some carried over towards the later seasons. Suspense-wise, the show kept up the tension and kept you guessing. There were many good cliffhangers.

I liked the middle seasons (2-4) the best.

In the later seasons there was an actor that nagged at me and I couldn't quite place. It turned out to be Anna Maxwell Martin of "The Bletchley Circle". Wow what a different role she played here. She was really working that fake-polite-smile-with-a-heavy-dose-of-sarcasm thing that had me LOL a few times.

I'm gradually beginning to recognize all these Brit actors. There seems to be a small stable of them that rotate through the various Brit shows. Two of the stand-out guest actors here were Keeley Hawes and Lennie James. Martin Compston's character (DI Arnott) had the best character development arc, going from a goody-two-shoes type to a mature character with shades of grey.
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

Because of its recent mention on this thread, we are just starting the Miss Marple series, the one with Joan Hickson.

RM
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

ResearchMed wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:24 pm Because of its recent mention on this thread, we are just starting the Miss Marple series, the one with Joan Hickson.

RM
Of course you should also see the Poirot series with David Suchet.
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker (aka S.O.B.), the Cowboy Poet
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

bertilak wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:27 pm
ResearchMed wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:24 pm Because of its recent mention on this thread, we are just starting the Miss Marple series, the one with Joan Hickson.

RM
Of course you should also see the Poirot series with David Suchet.
We are HUGE fans of Suchet's Poirot! :happy

We can't imagine anyone else in that role, and the few times that we've watched someone else in that role... it just doesn't sit right!

RM
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

ResearchMed wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:33 pm We are HUGE fans of Suchet's Poirot! :happy

We can't imagine anyone else in that role, and the few times that we've watched someone else in that role... it just doesn't sit right!

RM
I can't bear to watch any of the other portrayals. My reaction is always "Why are you doing that?" They might as well try rewriting the books!

We also like the Hickson Marples.

I guess I just like Christie and both of those dramatizations are excellent. Other Christie dramatizations I like are the Partners In Crime and all the Agatha Christie Hour series. They are not up to the Poirot and Marple standards but are still pretty good.
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

roamingzebra wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:37 pm Just a random thought, but many of these old, iconic shows also have iconic music themes. I'm thinking "Perry Mason" and "Twilight Zone". Another one is "Get Smart".
Those themes are memorable. Don’t forget the theme for Alfred Hitchcock Presents, “Funeral March of a Marionette” by Charles Gounod. Also the one for The Beverly Hillbillies, “The Ballad of Jed Clampett” by Flatt & Scruggs.
Doom&Gloom

Post by Doom&Gloom »

Nicolas wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:19 pm
roamingzebra wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:37 pm Just a random thought, but many of these old, iconic shows also have iconic music themes. I'm thinking "Perry Mason" and "Twilight Zone". Another one is "Get Smart".
Those themes are memorable. Don’t forget the theme for Alfred Hitchcock Presents, “Funeral March of a Marionette” by Charles Gounod. Also the one for The Beverly Hillbillies, “The Ballad of Jed Clampett” by Flatt & Scruggs.
IIRC Lester & Earl made a couple of guest appearances on the Beverly Hillbillies. My favorite TV theme song was for Hawaii Five 0. I used to make a big bowl of popcorn just before that show came on every week. 50 years later I still get a hankering for popcorn when I hear that theme song. Call me Pavlov's dog.
hoops777

Post by hoops777 »

My favorite is from Cheers.
davebo

Post by davebo »

Any recommendations for a series that I can watch with my wife? She is really picky and generally dislikes shows that are too dark, too much swearing, etc. I personally liked Ozark, Billions, Peaky Blinders, Sopranos, etc but that was too much for her.

Makes it VERY hard to pick a show to watch together!
hoops777

Post by hoops777 »

davebo wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:20 pm Any recommendations for a series that I can watch with my wife? She is really picky and generally dislikes shows that are too dark, too much swearing, etc. I personally liked Ozark, Billions, Peaky Blinders, Sopranos, etc but that was too much for her.

My wife loved Virgin River on Netflix. It is about a nurse who decides to move to a small town and start over after traumatic events happen in her life.
Beautiful scenery and small town life. The believability meter is stretched with all the happenings, but my wife loved it. Definitely different than anything I have seen.
Schitts Creek is a great comedy also set in a small town.
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

Then there is henry Mancini's theme for Peter Gunn: Walkin' Bass. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20RtNktE1_A
Matahari

Post by Matahari »

RM
Indulge me here. When she was in her tween and early teen years, my daughter was a huge fan of the Miss Marple books. So she and I watched all the Marples, starting with the Geraldine McEwan and Julie McKenzie portrayals as they dribbled out in real time.

We also watched the Joan Hickson ones on DVD. At the very end, when Miss Marple said "good-bye" to her caregiver in "The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side," it was so perfect that my daughter and I started using that expressive "good-bye" with one another for a laugh, for quite some time. :happy

Oops: Geraldine McEwan - fixed it above.
Last edited by Matahari on Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

davebo wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:20 pm Any recommendations for a series that I can watch with my wife? She is really picky and generally dislikes shows that are too dark, too much swearing, etc. I personally liked Ozark, Billions, Peaky Blinders, Sopranos, etc but that was too much for her.

Post some of them here, please.
I'm in your wife's club!

I don't mind the swearing, although too much is, well, too much.
But I really don't like the "grim" stuff, and I just can't watch much violence, even if not gratuitous (and especially if gratuitous!).
DH tends to vet questionable things for me, which I *really* appreciate.

However, I do enjoy Billions (but the language is... you already know), and I enjoyed the Sopranos (er, mostly; they went a bit violent on occasion).

Have you/she tried Agatha Christie? Perhaps start with Suchet's Poirot? He's a very odd duck, but it just fits perfectly. (The few times we've seen Suchet in a different role, is as weird as seeing someone else playing the Poirot character.)
Anyway, give it a try even if the character seems odd at first. He is, but it *works*. :happy

There are a variety of British mysteries that are very well done, and many of them do not have the violence or even much profanity. Also some wonderful series involving barristers and judges, etc. It's also fun to watch the courtroom scenes, which are quite different from here in the USA.
(Note: We do read the very short summary that precedes each episode, and just skip the ones that appear to revolve around a grim crime.)
I'm not remembering the names of those shows just now, but they were really good. :annoyed

Another possibility is Shetland, set on the Shetland Islands. The Detective Inspector is an unusually and surprisingly gentle guy.
And then there's Bergerac, another detective series, this one set on the island of Jersey.

There's also Foyle's War, which was amazing. A bit of violence, but mostly not. There is some unpleasantness at the very end, so you might want to skip the very last few episodes (though I forget exactly which/how many). I just turned it off as soon as the theme became clear, etc.
The casting was terrific.

And there's Midsomer Murders, set in a very small British village. The main detective in the original (early?) series is the same actor as Bergerac, but considerably older.

And then there is the Morse series, about Detective Morse. A wonderful character. There is a sequel and a prequel if you like it.

Oh... Masterpiece Theatre's "Victoria", about Victoria (and then Victoria and Albert...).

Yeah... we seem to be focused on the Brits just now. :wink:
But there were a few of those British genre that we didn't care for. It's probably quite idiosyncratic, so I won't post about what we didn't like, as the reasons were *not* to do with your concerns (violence, language, etc.).

RM
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

Doom&Gloom wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:35 pm
IIRC Lester & Earl made a couple of guest appearances on the Beverly Hillbillies. My favorite TV theme song was for Hawaii Five 0. I used to make a big bowl of popcorn just before that show came on every week. 50 years later I still get a hankering for popcorn when I hear that theme song. Call me Pavlov's dog.
Yes that’s a good one though I never watched the show. Here are four more: Rawhide, The Outer Limits, I Spy, and Mission Impossible. One of the guys at my work used MI as his ring tone, which was appropriate as he was in product support.
You Know What I Mean

Post by You Know What I Mean »

Nicolas wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:12 pm
Doom&Gloom wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:35 pm
Yes that’s a good one though I never watched the show. Here are four more: Rawhide, The Outer Limits, I Spy, and Mission Impossible. One of the guys at my work used MI as his ring tone, which was appropriate as he was in product support.
Those old TV music themes in all the posts above are fantastic. Perhaps my favorite, though, is Johnny Rivers' "Secret Agent Man."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iaR3WO71j4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PxrJoAlmjM&t=111s
"Well, she was just seventeen, You Know What I Mean, and the way she looked... was way beyond compare."