[What TV Show Have You Recently Watched?]

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Elsebet

Re: [What TV Show Have You Recently Watched?]

Post by Elsebet »

MAKsdad wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:55 pm
Elsebet wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:46 pm "The Last Kingdom" streaming on Netflix.

I love the Norse (Danes) and Anglo Saxons so I'm biased but I love this show. Is it perfect? No, sometimes the plots get a little confusing, especially in Season 4. I love the acting (especially Alfred's wife Aelswith played by Eliza Butterworth), costumes, and scenery. From what I've read season 5 will be the last followed by a movie, which I think is a good idea. Series that last too long often go bad. Looking forward to both!
I've never seen this show, but I thought I'd quote to ask if people ever think the "finish it up with a movie" concept is a good one for shows like this. I've seen the movies for "Sopranos", "Deadwood" and "Breaking Bad", and I see that there's one coming out for "Ray Donovan" as well. I can't say I loved any of the ones I've seen. "Deadwood" was maybe the best simply because the show needed closure, but otherwise, I think it's ... challenging... to try and make something that lasts 2 hours or so when the audience is used to a story building over the course of 10-15 hours worth of episodes.

Anyway, just a conversation starter.
What an interesting question! I think it worked for the series Firefly (movie was Serenity) but maybe that was due to there being so few episodes of Firefly. The movie had much higher production value than the series and wrapped up the main story line neatly.

I did not care for the Breaking Bad or Deadwood movies compared to how much I enjoyed the series, so I agree for those. I have not seen the Sopranos one, are you referring to the prequel?
"...the man who adapts himself to his slender means and makes himself wealthy on a little sum, is the truly rich man..." ~Seneca
MAKsdad

Post by MAKsdad »

Elsebet wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:04 pm
MAKsdad wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:55 pm
Elsebet wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:46 pm "The Last Kingdom" streaming on Netflix.

I love the Norse (Danes) and Anglo Saxons so I'm biased but I love this show. Is it perfect? No, sometimes the plots get a little confusing, especially in Season 4. I love the acting (especially Alfred's wife Aelswith played by Eliza Butterworth), costumes, and scenery. From what I've read season 5 will be the last followed by a movie, which I think is a good idea. Series that last too long often go bad. Looking forward to both!
I've never seen this show, but I thought I'd quote to ask if people ever think the "finish it up with a movie" concept is a good one for shows like this. I've seen the movies for "Sopranos", "Deadwood" and "Breaking Bad", and I see that there's one coming out for "Ray Donovan" as well. I can't say I loved any of the ones I've seen. "Deadwood" was maybe the best simply because the show needed closure, but otherwise, I think it's ... challenging... to try and make something that lasts 2 hours or so when the audience is used to a story building over the course of 10-15 hours worth of episodes.

Anyway, just a conversation starter.
What an interesting question! I think it worked for the series Firefly (movie was Serenity) but maybe that was due to there being so few episodes of Firefly. The movie had much higher production value than the series and wrapped up the main story line neatly.

I did not care for the Breaking Bad or Deadwood movies compared to how much I enjoyed the series, so I agree for those. I have not seen the Sopranos one, are you referring to the prequel?
Yes, I was talking about the prequel. It was fine.

I think your comment about production value might be part of the problem I have. These shows now are all shot almost like movies, so creating a real "movie" for the shows isn't adding anything that couldn't be done in a slower process over the course of 10 or 12 episodes.
Freefun

Post by Freefun »

The Tunnel (seasons 1 and 2). Enjoyed it very much. Seems I’m very late to these shows.

About to start the final season of Goliath.
Remember when you wanted what you currently have?
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

Cobra Kai season 4 on Netflix. Almost done and enjoying it.

Tony
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
apple44

Post by apple44 »

I'm late to the "Succession" train. Just watched the Boar on the Floor episode of Season 2. OMG!!!!!!!!
The last time I felt this way about a TV show was when watching Breaking Bad and the first 3 seasons of Game of Thrones.
rockstar

Post by rockstar »

Little Mosque on the Prairie.

I watched it when it first came it, and it's just as funny today.
JBTX

Post by JBTX »

Just plowed through latest season of Yellowstone. It is still entertaining, if you accept it for what it is. I liken it to a modern day version of TV show Dallas. Greed, wealth and power in a higher action soap opera format. The scenery and the western feel is enticing just in itself. The last season was kind of all over the place but at least didn't have a ridiculous cliff hanger like the end of season 3.
Metsfan91

Post by Metsfan91 »

Battle Bots!!!
"Know what you own, and know why you own it." — Peter Lynch
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

Metsfan91 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:22 am Battle Bots!!!
+1000

I cut the cord but got discovery+ just for BattleBots.
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

New episodes?
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker (aka S.O.B.), the Cowboy Poet
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

bertilak wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:52 am
New episodes?
Yes. Premiered Thursday. The first episode has a bunch of really good battles.
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

Capsu78 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:20 am
michaeljc70 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:00 pm
Capsu78 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:32 pm Finally gave "Peaky Blinders" a try...didn't think I wanted to dedicate that much time to a period piece.

As other up above must have said, it is really good and so I'm bumping my binge up to 2 episodes a day.
I gave it a try a few years ago based on stellar reviews and couldn't get into it. I think it was related to the accents. I watch a fair amount of British shows, but their accents seemed to be either time/geographically influenced. Maybe I should try again with subtitles.....
Actually, that is how I watch it.
There are certain shows (eg, those with David Tennant) that I always turn subtitles on for. :D
I get the FI part but not the RE part of FIRE.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Tubes wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:26 am
New episodes?
I've been watching BattleBots for quite some time - before they became famous. You'd think a certain weapon would fail miserably in combat and then see how it turned the tables into a winning strategy. I've never been bored watching this show.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

Tubes wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:26 am
New episodes?
Where is this available?
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker (aka S.O.B.), the Cowboy Poet
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

^^^ Discovery network.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

LadyGeek wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:15 am ^^^ Discovery network.
Cable. Cable-like streamers (YTTV, Hulu+Live). Philo. discovery+.

Unlike ESPN+, which has sports you really don't want, discovery+ actually has most shows that are on cable that you want. There are a few exceptions, but in general, it is there on discovery+. I'm watching BattleBots and also the new season of Dirty Jobs. Yes, new episodes of Dirty Jobs!
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

"Tell Me Your Secrets" on Amazon. Could have been a really interesting story, but every storyline goes about a dozen steps too far. EVERY character (including the main one) is someone you want to root against and who constantly makes decisions that make no sense. Not sure if we'd watch a second season.
roamingzebra

Post by roamingzebra »

I'm Wallander-ing... watching the Wallander series starring Rolf Lassgard. This is the least popular of the Wallander series (there are two other series with different actors), but thought I'd start there. Lassgard is an unusual choice for a leading character and I have been ambivalent. But as the series goes on and there are more dramatic storylines, I can appreciate his acting chops and almost overlook the rest. :)
Metsfan91

Post by Metsfan91 »

I assume Bottle Bots will make their way to Science Channel as well. I watched on Science Channel in the past.
"Know what you own, and know why you own it." — Peter Lynch
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Tubes wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:23 am
LadyGeek wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:15 am ^^^ Discovery network.
Cable. Cable-like streamers (YTTV, Hulu+Live). Philo. discovery+.

Unlike ESPN+, which has sports you really don't want, discovery+ actually has most shows that are on cable that you want. There are a few exceptions, but in general, it is there on discovery+. I'm watching BattleBots and also the new season of Dirty Jobs. Yes, new episodes of Dirty Jobs!
I'm also into sports, but I fully agree that ESPN+ has way too many sports that I don't want to watch.

There's new episodes of Dirty Jobs? OK, that's the final straw. I just subscribed to the Discovery+ streaming service. My Samsung TV has the app.

I have Verizon FiOS which includes all the Discovery channels, but I never subscribed for the DVR recording service. I could simply record the shows and watch them later, but I'm tied to the set-top box location. More importantly, adding the DVR recording service to my plan is $12 / month.

I'm now on a 7-day free trial for the no-ads subscription at $6.99 / month + tax. Sorry, but I simply can't tolerate those ads. From a mental accounting perspective, I'm "saving" $5 / month. :) Discovery+ takes PayPal.

I'm very happy to see that my other favorite shows, Airplane Repo and How It's Made, are in the package. I added those programs to my list so that Discovery will tailor it's suggestions to me.

Important: You can also add Discovery+ as a channel in Amazon Prime, but you can not use the Discovery+ app (what's in my TV). A quick google check showed that Discovery+ will authorize you to view the channel in Amazon, but there is no connection between the services. It's why I went direct to the Discovery+ website instead of Amazon Prime. The prices are the same.

My TV also has the Amazon app, but I wanted a dedicate app so I can easily jump to my programs without navigating through the Amazon clutter.
Bylo Selhi

Post by Bylo Selhi »

Dexter: New Blood Season Finale. [My lips are sealed.]
v1rtus

Post by v1rtus »

Recently started watching Ordinary Joe on Hulu and Maid on Netflix. Both are really well done and I would recommend; especially Ordinary Joe.
MAKsdad

Post by MAKsdad »

Bylo Selhi wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:52 am Dexter: New Blood Season Finale. [My lips are sealed.]
I haven't mustered enough interest to get past the second or third episode. Does it get better?
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

I just binge watched the new 2022 episodes of Dirty Jobs on Discovery+. The show hasn't changed and it's every bit as good as the previous episodes.

I'm very happy that I can watch these shows without ads. The show itself is about 42 minutes long. Ads were taking up the rest of the hour.
Bylo Selhi

Post by Bylo Selhi »

MAKsdad wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:14 amDoes it get better?
Yes. The season starts slowly but then develops into the quality of the original series.
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

LadyGeek wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:14 am I just binge watched the new 2022 episodes of Dirty Jobs on Discovery+. The show hasn't changed and it's every bit as good as the previous episodes.

I'm very happy that I can watch these shows without ads. The show itself is about 42 minutes long. Ads were taking up the rest of the hour.
I was really glad to see Mike stick to the old format.

My back hurt after watching Ep 1, however. All the rebar being moved. One of the many jobs that keeps the world going yet typically ends up out of site and out of mind.
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

LadyGeek wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:14 am I just binge watched the new 2022 episodes of Dirty Jobs on Discovery+. The show hasn't changed and it's every bit as good as the previous episodes.

All signed up with Discovery Plus. Tonight, I start!

Mike Rowe is great. I remember a show (don't think it was Dirty Jobs) where he went to hear someone recite Poe's Annabel Lee at Baltimore's Annabel Lee tavern. He found someone who was really good at it!

OK, here's the frist stanza:
  • It was many and many a year ago,
    In a kingdom by the sea,
    That a maiden there lived whom you may know
    By the name of Annabel Lee;
    And this maiden she lived with no other thought
    Than to love and be loved by me.
brawlrats

Post by brawlrats »

A set of BBC series documenting life on farms in various time periods:

Secrets of the Castle
Tudor Monastery Farm
Victorian Farm
Edwardian Farm
Wartime Farm

Fascinating experimental archaeology series with Ruth Goodman, Peter Ginn, Alex Langlands and Tom Pinfold.

Goodman and Ginn were in all series. Pinfold was on Secrets of the Castle and Monastery Farm, Langlands on the other three.

I watched in chronological order of time period, so it was interesting to watch the changes in methods and technology.

Watched via Amazon Prime. Wartime Farm was through Acorn on Prime.

Worth a watch for history buffs.
Artful Dodger

Post by Artful Dodger »

On Masterpiece Theater (PBS) -

All Creatures Great and Small (2nd season) - We've really enjoyed All Creatures Great and Small and watched the first show of the second season last night. My wife read the James Herriot books years ago.

Jules Verne's Around the world in 80 Days - I read a so-so review but seeing improvement with the second episode.
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

I am new to DiscoveryPlus. I'm not sure how that differs from Discovery or Discovery Go.

I watched an episode of Dirty Jobs. Now I don't see how to get back to it without going back to the beginning and doing a search. That's a pain in the butt. Overall, the Discovery interface seems a bit old fashioned. Other streaming services I use have two things I have gotten used to:

1. A list of shows I care about (generally called a "watchlist"). The watchlist keeps track of which episodes I have already watched.
2. Something called "continue watching" that will put me back to where I left off.

I hope Discovery has these features and I just haven't found them yet.
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

bertilak wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:43 pm

I am new to DiscoveryPlus. I'm not sure how that differs from Discovery or Discovery Go.

I watched an episode of Dirty Jobs. Now I don't see how to get back to it without going back to the beginning and doing a search. That's a pain in the butt. Overall, the Discovery interface seems a bit old fashioned. Other streaming services I use have two things I have gotten used to:

1. A list of shows I care about (generally called a "watchlist"). The watchlist keeps track of which episodes I have already watched.
2. Something called "continue watching" that will put me back to where I left off.

Not your imagination. The discovery+ UI is possibly the worst I've encountered. One tip is to add the shows to My List. Then when you go back, use the + on the left. Not perfect, but it helps a bit.

I think Discovery Go is for cable people to get on demand.

Plain old discovery is linear, which can be nice when you don't want to think. Otherwise discovery+ has almost all the shows Discovery has, just on demand. Shows usually drop the same day they premier on linear. D+ also has some exclusives.

D+ is missing the Motor Trend shows, though. That stinks. I think it is because the channel came under the network umbrella fairly recently, so there are likely contract issues.
rterickson

Post by rterickson »

roamingzebra wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:49 pm I'm Wallander-ing... watching the Wallander series starring Rolf Lassgard. This is the least popular of the Wallander series (there are two other series with different actors), but thought I'd start there. Lassgard is an unusual choice for a leading character and I have been ambivalent. But as the series goes on and there are more dramatic storylines, I can appreciate his acting chops and almost overlook the rest. :)
I've read all of the books, and watched the Swedish (Krister Henriksson) BBC (Kenneth Branagh) versions. What platform is this third version on?
Swimmer

Post by Swimmer »

Artful Dodger wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:12 pm On Masterpiece Theater (PBS) -

All Creatures Great and Small (2nd season) - We've really enjoyed All Creatures Great and Small and watched the first show of the second season last night. My wife read the James Herriot books years ago.

Jules Verne's Around the world in 80 Days - I read a so-so review but seeing improvement with the second episode.
+1 My two favorites!
Dmslax45

Post by Dmslax45 »

Currently watching 1883 every week. It’s a prequel to the Yellowstone series, which I also enjoy, but am a huge fan of the pioneer era and enjoying the show so far.

Someone recommended Yellowjackets on Showtime, which seems to have a resemblance to Lord of the Flies after the first two episodes I’ve watched. It’s about a HS girls soccer team whose plane crashed in the woods back in the 90s, but the story bounces around between then and now with them as adults seeming to be trying to hide what actually happened. So far so good.
roamingzebra

Post by roamingzebra »

rterickson wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:05 pm
roamingzebra wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:49 pm I'm Wallander-ing... watching the Wallander series starring Rolf Lassgard. This is the least popular of the Wallander series (there are two other series with different actors), but thought I'd start there. Lassgard is an unusual choice for a leading character and I have been ambivalent. But as the series goes on and there are more dramatic storylines, I can appreciate his acting chops and almost overlook the rest. :)
I've read all of the books, and watched the Swedish (Krister Henriksson) BBC (Kenneth Branagh) versions. What platform is this third version on?
I don't think it's streaming anywhere, but if it's not at your library, you can find some boxed sets on Amazon here:

https://www.amazon.com/Wallander-Origin ... B00AQN7R8E

I've seen a couple of episodes of the Henriksson version, and Rolf Lassgard is the complete opposite. He's a big guy...pudgy and disheveled, awkward in a school-boyish way. And desperate for a hook-up with every woman he meets.

Lassgard eventually grew on me however, and Henriksson's Wallander seems so traditional and "normal" by comparison.

I enjoy seeing the comparisons and plan to eventually watch the UK version with
Kenneth Branagh. I've heard that even Swedes think the UK version is best.
P&C actuary

Post by P&C actuary »

Looking forward to Season 4 of Ozark soon. Trailer is out.
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

Watching “It’s always sunny in Philadelphia”.

Tony
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
MandyT

Post by MandyT »

I binge-watched Season 1 (10 episodes) of Resident Alien. I thought it was brilliant and I look forward to Season 2, which begins on January 26.

The description "sci-fi comedy" doesn't do it justice. More like "quirky small-town dramedy in which one of the residents happens to be an alien from outer space". Alan Tudyk is amazing as the lead, but I like the whole cast.
doobiedoo

Post by doobiedoo »

v1rtus wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:04 am Recently started watching Ordinary Joe on Hulu and Maid on Netflix. Both are really well done and I would recommend; especially Ordinary Joe.
I have a hard time switching amongst the alternate storylines [cop Joe, nurse Joe, rock Joe]. It's not Joe so much but trying to remember all the other relationships in that storyline.
But I'm still watching although I wish it was easier. [I think I need a cheat sheet.]
v1rtus

Post by v1rtus »

doobiedoo wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:06 am
v1rtus wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:04 am Recently started watching Ordinary Joe on Hulu and Maid on Netflix. Both are really well done and I would recommend; especially Ordinary Joe.
I have a hard time switching amongst the alternate storylines [cop Joe, nurse Joe, rock Joe]. It's not Joe so much but trying to remember all the other relationships in that storyline.
But I'm still watching although I wish it was easier. [I think I need a cheat sheet.]
It got easier to do going along but I thought that was part of the fun figuring out which storyline we were on. Also, I found it cool that I would be rooting for/preferring the different Joe's as the story progressed.
mike@jb

Post by mike@jb »

The latest season of Yellowstone just wrapped up, so now I can do something else Sunday nights.
The story and scenery are very engaging.
Initially, DW had trouble with the language and violence, but she’s come around.
MAKsdad

Post by MAKsdad »

mike@jb wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:36 am The latest season of Yellowstone just wrapped up, so now I can do something else Sunday nights.
Initially, DW had trouble with the language and violence, but she’s come around.
I enjoy it too. It's not a great show for people who can't suspend their disbelief though...there's a lot of completely bonkers, impossibly unrealistic stuff that happens in almost every episode.
Bylo Selhi

Post by Bylo Selhi »

mike@jb wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:36 am The latest season of Yellowstone just wrapped up, so now I can do something else Sunday nights.
You may want to fill that Sunday night vaccuum with 1883, the "prequel" to Yellowstone? (It was also mentioned upthread.)
DarkMatter731

Post by DarkMatter731 »

michaeljc70 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:00 pm
Capsu78 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:32 pm Finally gave "Peaky Blinders" a try...didn't think I wanted to dedicate that much time to a period piece.

As other up above must have said, it is really good and so I'm bumping my binge up to 2 episodes a day.
I gave it a try a few years ago based on stellar reviews and couldn't get into it. I think it was related to the accents. I watch a fair amount of British shows, but their accents seemed to be either time/geographically influenced. Maybe I should try again with subtitles.....

I gotta say, I watched the first half of the first episode but couldn't really get the love for Peaky Blinders.

I was bored half way though and I normally love shows like it.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

bertilak wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:43 pm

After watching Discovery+ for a while, I see your point. Both the app on my TV and the website look the same. Even after adding the show to my watch list, I couldn't easily navigate between show episodes. It was nearly impossible to figure out what I was last watching.

Frustrated with the app, I surfed around to see if there were any shows that were worth returning to. Other than BattleBots and Dirty Jobs, I couldn't find any and cancelled my 7 day free trial. If I go back to Discovery+, it will be through Amazon Prime.

I already get the Discovery package on Verizon FiOS and only need to decide if it's worth $12 / month to pay for the DVR recording service. If so, I can simply record those shows when they go live and watch them later.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Squid Game, on Netflix. I don't know why this show is getting good reviews. It seems like a parody of the 1960's British TV series The Prisoner. Since I already watched a few episodes to see if it got any better, I might as well finish watching. Meh.

Update: Corrected spelling. "Squid Games" to "Squid Game"
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

LadyGeek wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:41 pm Squid Games, on Netflix. I don't know why this show is getting good reviews. It seems like a parody of the 1960's British TV series The Prisoner. Since I already watched a few episodes to see if it got any better, I might as well finish watching. Meh.
Everybody I talked to thought it had a much deeper meaning than it did. IMO, it was less than mediocre; we watched it all the way through only because so many people had told us how fantastic it was and we were in fear of missing something amazing that never happened.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

I agree, as I didn't see anything deeper to think about than the obvious.

=========
All of a sudden, there are a lot of shows to watch. I'll start Witcher (Season 2) next. Then, Wheel of Time and the Expanse.

I also see that Ozark Season 4 starts 1/21.
Bylo Selhi

Post by Bylo Selhi »

LadyGeek wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:11 pmI also see that Ozark Season 4 starts 1/21.
Followed by :dollar Billions S06 on the 23rd.
roamingzebra

Post by roamingzebra »

Well, I finished the Swedish "Wallander" series starring Rolf Lassgård and have watched eps 1-6 (released in 2005) of the Swedish "Wallander" series starring Krister Henriksson. It soon became clear that the Linda Wallander character was a big part of this second series and her insights often overshadowed her dad Kurt's. But....

... But after the first or second episode I noticed that Linda Wallander looked different and I wasn't sure if it was the same actor. Part of it was a fuller face but it was mainly the demeanor. So I looked up the actor, Johanna Sällström, and found she had committed suicide two years after these episodes were released. It's a sad and eery feeling watching an actor who you know was depressed at the time and shortly thereafter taking her life.

A good run-down on what had caused Sällström's depression and also the impact her death had on author Henning Mankell is here: https://beforenine.blogspot.com/2010/04 ... -2007.html

An excerpt:
[...] on December 26, 2004, Sällström was vacationing on the western coast of Thailand -- a popular destination for Swedes -- with her one-year-old daughter when the Sumatran earthquake and Tsunamis struck.

They survived (Sällström held on to a small tree with one hand and her daughter with the other for several hours, until the tidal surge stopped, and receded), but watched hundreds of people killed around her, including friends and dozens of fellow Swedes. After her return to Sweden, the experience never left her.

She returned to her acting career, but suffered nightmares and depression. By 2006, Sällström was briefly hospitalized in a psychiatric unit in Malmö, where she lived. In February of 2007, at age 32, she took an overdose of sleeping pills; at the time, her daughter was five [roamingzebra note: the daughter committed suicide seven years later after her mother's suicide].
Anyway, the series is good. Much better than the previous one. I enjoy both the stories and the look at life in southern Sweden.