[What TV Show Have You Recently Watched?]

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
fabdog

Re: [What TV Show Have You Recently Watched?]

Post by fabdog »

We just watched the last seasons of Misomer Murders available on Britbox at Amazon Prime. Sadly :( later seasons are only available no Acorn.
These are available on IMDB TV... just have to sit thru commercials. When we finish up 2 more things we are watching on Britbox we will go back to Acorn to pick up some things there

Mike
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

ruralavalon wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:23 am We just watched the last seasons of Misomer Murders available on Britbox at Amazon Prime. Sadly :( later seasons are only available no Acorn.

We don't want to add more subscriptions. We can easily afford dozens more subscriptions. We are not misers but are frugal.

Recommended. These are nice movie-length mysteries set in small imaginary English villages, with interesting characters and unusual plots.
There are so many British shows I like I subscribe to both. (Perhaps United Kingdom the better descriptor.) The biggest difficulty is remembering which shows are on which service. As you have noted, some are on BOTH but with different seasons across the two. I'm sure there is some rhyme or reason to the distinction but I haven't figured it out yet. Maybe it's just a matter of which service gave the producers the best deals over the years.
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker (aka S.O.B.), the Cowboy Poet
MDfan

Post by MDfan »

PatrickA5 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:57 pm
MDfan wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:06 am
Blues wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:16 am "Goliath" season 3 was better than the 2nd...and so far, half way through, season 4 has been interesting...in a throwback noir-ish sort of way.

Enjoying it. YMMV.
Thanks. Maybe I'll go back and watch Season 3. Season 2 really turned me off to that show.
Season 3 of "Goliath was much better than Season 2 (which I found to just be gross and stupid). Season 1 was good. I guess we'll try out Season 4 and just hope they learned their lesson from the second season.
Exactly how I felt about Season 2. It was so bad that it turned me off to the show completely. Glad to hear Season 3 got back on track.
bf0123

Post by bf0123 »

Season 4 definitely a return to form. Very entertaining with a unique vibe. Cinematic. Plus Billy Bob is so good at this stuff. He's got whatever "It Factor" is in spades. I find Goliath much better than a Bosch or the like because it takes more risks, develops its characters more... And has Billy Bob.
typical.investor

Post by typical.investor »

The Problem with Jon Stewart

Simply excellent.
PatrickA5

Post by PatrickA5 »

bf0123 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:52 am Season 4 definitely a return to form. Very entertaining with a unique vibe. Cinematic. Plus Billy Bob is so good at this stuff. He's got whatever "It Factor" is in spades. I find Goliath much better than a Bosch or the like because it takes more risks, develops its characters more... And has Billy Bob.
I'm 5 episodes into season 4. Love it so far. Best season yet. Too bad it's the last season.
You Know What I Mean

Post by You Know What I Mean »

PatrickA5 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:51 pm
bf0123 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:52 am Season 4 definitely a return to form. Very entertaining with a unique vibe. Cinematic. Plus Billy Bob is so good at this stuff. He's got whatever "It Factor" is in spades. I find Goliath much better than a Bosch or the like because it takes more risks, develops its characters more... And has Billy Bob.
I'm 5 episodes into season 4. Love it so far. Best season yet. Too bad it's the last season.
I just watched the first episode of season 1 of Goliath. It seemed very similar to the Australian series "Rake," which I enjoyed.
"Well, she was just seventeen, You Know What I Mean, and the way she looked... was way beyond compare."
Shambolic37

Post by Shambolic37 »

lostdog wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:14 pm Midnight Mass on Netflix. It's a limited series of 7 episodes.

It's a slow burn with long dialogue but that's because it's doing a great job with character building. Some of the monologue could have been tightened. If this stuff doesn't bother you and you can pay attention, it's a great story.

It's horror with some gore and good scares. It also can be emotional because the writing and character building is excellent.

I really enjoyed it but some might find it boring. The rotten tomato meter is 92%.
YES!!! Great show getting ready for the Halloween season. The horror kind of sneaks up on you for the first few episodes, but by the end we were on the edges of our seats.
mhalley

Post by mhalley »

Just finished season 2 of For All Mankind on apple +. Very engaging story that follows an alternate timeline where the Russions landed a man on the moon first, followed shortly after by the first woman on the moon. This causes a very heated space race with us competing for the first space station and moon base, with the ultimate goal of Mars and beyond. The woman on the moon jumpstarts the womens movement and leads to the ERA passing. The cold war escalates into space, with the two moonbases being on opposite sides of the same crater with disputes over the mining rights of the water and lithium located there. This ultimately leads to armed conflict on the moon and in space. Many of the original astronauts are featured, of course their lives are heavily fictionalized. Well worth the watch. Some scenes ala Forrest Gump with the actors talking on the phone or in scenes with the historical presidents.
Also started Foundation which I believe was mentioned in another thread. Apple Plus doesn't have that many shows yet, but many of them are high quality (Ted Lasso). So well worth the first week free to try out some of these great shows.
lostdog

Post by lostdog »

BruDude wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:59 pm Just finished Squid Game, pretty intense show, well written and very violent. A+ overall, even better than expected
+1

Excellent show and rave reviews. 👍
Stocks-80% || Bonds-20% || Taxable-VTI/VXUS || IRA-VT/BNDW
shunkman

Post by shunkman »

lostdog wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:48 pm
BruDude wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:59 pm Just finished Squid Game, pretty intense show, well written and very violent. A+ overall, even better than expected
+1

Gratuitous violence. It is saddening to me that this is considered entertainment.
roamingzebra

Post by roamingzebra »

shunkman wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:55 pm
+1

Gratuitous violence. It is saddening to me that this is considered entertainment.
I haven't seen that show and I normally don't like violence, but sometimes it isn't gratuitous. I recently watched two spy dramas, one being "The Americans", a TV show about the Cold War. The other being a movie called "Female Agents" about British covert action in Occupied France to pave the way for D-Day. In both cases, the use of violence really, and I mean REALLY, made the point how committed these agents were and how the mission was everything. They would fight to the death.

Their commitment was made even more pointed when in "The Americans", it was the female half of the couple who fought the fiercest and in Female Agents, it was women doing most of the fighting. None of these people wanted to do it but they were patriots fighting for their country. Having seen both dramas, I definitely got a more visceral feel for the angst these people felt as they fought to the death for their country or cause.

And yes, I'm almost done with "Le Bureau". :) A few more eppies to go. What a wild ride! A definite "Excellent" in my book. Thanks to TT and Blues for singing the earlier praises.
Blues

Post by Blues »

Glad you're enjoying it. :sharebeer
shunkman

Post by shunkman »

roamingzebra wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:48 pm
+1

I haven't seen that show and I normally don't like violence, but sometimes it isn't gratuitous. I recently watched two spy dramas, one being "The Americans", a TV show about the Cold War. The other being a movie called "Female Agents" about British covert action in Occupied France to pave the way for D-Day. In both cases, the use of violence really, and I mean REALLY, made the point how committed these agents were and how the mission was everything. They would fight to the death.

Their commitment was made even more pointed when in "The Americans", it was the female half of the couple who fought the fiercest and in Female Agents, it was women doing most of the fighting. None of these people wanted to do it but they were patriots fighting for their country. Having seen both dramas, I definitely got a more visceral feel for the angst these people felt as they fought to the death for their country or cause.

And yes, I'm almost done with "Le Bureau". :) A few more eppies to go. What a wild ride! A definite "Excellent" in my book. Thanks to TT and Blues for singing the earlier praises.
"The Americans" is Sesame Street compared to Squid.
ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon »

Travels by Narrowboat, on Amazon Prime.

Irritating mid-life crisis dude solo in his beautiful antique boat, aimlessly chugs his way along the English canal and river system. This is pointless, but the scenery is beautiful and it's very relaxing to watch :) .

Nine seasons, about 70 episodes. Recommend.
"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein | Wiki article link: Bogleheads® investment philosophy
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

ruralavalon wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:20 am Travels by Narrowboat, on Amazon Prime.

Irritating mid-life crisis dude solo in his beautiful antique boat, aimlessly chugs his way along the English canal and river system. This is pointless, but the scenery is beautiful and it's very relaxing to watch :) .

Six seasons with numerous episodes. Recommend.
Nice description, especially the "relaxing" part -- made so by our pilot who is a is a relaxed, likeable guy. I had my say about this show and a couple of other narrowboat shows upthread: viewtopic.php?p=6139970#p6139970.
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker (aka S.O.B.), the Cowboy Poet
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

+1

Squid Game's violence can be pretty gratuitous. I think they made their point in the first hour. Beyond that, some of it got stale.

That said, I don't mind violence and swearing. I enjoyed the Squid Game. I didn't really dig some of the messaging. It wasn't a waste of time, though. I ended up bingeing it.
rich126

Post by rich126 »

I tried watching Blacklist. The first episode was ok but by the 2nd episode I was already tired of James Spader's character basically controlling everything and managing to get away with stuff. I certainly have watched more unrealistic shows but this one is just too much for me and his arrogance in that role.

Quantico appears to be in a similar boat with me. Just doesn't catch my interest.

I do enjoy Outlander. We finished The Defeated which I really liked. Also just watched The Resistance Banker. It is a Dutch film that appeared to be dubbed in English. An interesting story of creating a shadow bank for the resistance. Not fast paced but a good (mostly) true story that was somewhat covered up. Although that one is a movie and not a tv show.
----------------------------- | If you think something is important and it doesn't involve the health of someone, think again. Life goes too fast, enjoy it and be nice.
JBTX

Post by JBTX »

You Know What I Mean wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:36 pm
PatrickA5 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:51 pm
I just watched the first episode of season 1 of Goliath. It seemed very similar to the Australian series "Rake," which I enjoyed.
Just finished season 4 of Goliath. Really a step up. Prior seasons often had a bit of a low budget feel. Season 4 very cinematic. Kind of Hitchcockesque at times.
mancich

Post by mancich »

Seinfeld is now on Netflix. I am enjoying running through all those great memories again :D
KSOC

Post by KSOC »

lostdog wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:14 pm Midnight Mass on Netflix. It's a limited series of 7 episodes.

It's a slow burn with long dialogue but that's because it's doing a great job with character building. Some of the monologue could have been tightened. If this stuff doesn't bother you and you can pay attention, it's a great story.

It's horror with some gore and good scares. It also can be emotional because the writing and character building is excellent.

I really enjoyed it but some might find it boring. The rotten tomato meter is 92%.
Wife and I loved it, And it did spark some discussions about faith.
I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round. | Nobody told me there'd be days like these.
dcabler

Post by dcabler »

Just finished the second season of "Into the Night" on Netflix... Post-apocalyptic fun!

Cheers.
Bylo Selhi

Post by Bylo Selhi »

Vigil from BBC [Vigil]
The mysterious disappearance of a Scottish fishing trawler and a death onboard a Trident nuclear submarine bring the police into conflict with the Navy and British security services.
Great acting by Suranne Jones, Rose Leslie (The Good Fight et al) and Shaun Evans (who you'll recognize by voice as Morse of Endeavour.) We're streaming this from the UK. Apparently it's coming to Netflix soon.

Fun fact. The Vigil [in real life Vigilant] is one of the four Vanguard class nuclear submarines in the British fleet.
Blues

Post by Blues »

Bylo Selhi wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:04 am Vigil from BBC [Vigil]
The mysterious disappearance of a Scottish fishing trawler and a death onboard a Trident nuclear submarine bring the police into conflict with the Navy and British security services.
Great acting by Suranne Jones, Rose Leslie (The Good Fight et al) and Shaun Evans (who you'll recognize by voice as Morse of Endeavour.) We're streaming this from the UK. Apparently it's coming to Netflix soon.

Fun fact. The Vigil [in real life Vigilant] is one of the four Vanguard class nuclear submarines in the British fleet.
Sounds interesting...thanks.
roamingzebra

Post by roamingzebra »

Finished the first season of "Unforgotten". One of the stories grabbed me from the start and it seemed designed to pull at the heartstrings similar to "Cold Case". Good work by character actor, Ruth Sheen.

The other storyline involved a bunch of old white men who all looked alike. Not really, but because they were introduced at the same time before we got to know them, their differences weren't that obvious and I spent half the season trying to sort out who was who. Casting Directors: please vary the appearance of your characters. Thank you.
Cruise

Post by Cruise »

Nearing the end of Season 1 of "The WIre." I'm watching it on HBO Max, but I've read that it may be available on Prime.

Characters on this gang-themed police show are excellently portrayed.
Blues

Post by Blues »

Cruise wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:09 pm Nearing the end of Season 1 of "The WIre." I'm watching it on HBO Max, but I've read that it may be available on Prime.

You're in for a treat.
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

Bergerac (1981) starring John Nettles, the first Barnaby of Midsomer Murders.

Bergerac is a typical police procedural with a good-guy cop with a few personal issues. It is very well done and you can see how John Nettle's career would blossom. It is a little odd hearing Tom Barnaby's voice come from this younger character. Some of the mannerisms are also familiar.

One fun part of old shows like this is seeing younger versions of actors that you recognize from more recent shows. Another of my favorites from Midsomer Murders is Annette Badlands who plays Fleur Perkins, the pathologist in Midsomer. (This is past the time that Nettles was still part of Midsomer so their paths didn't pass there.) In Bergerac she plays Charlotte, one of the characters in the police station. Again, like Nettles, you can see she has a promising future. The latest Bergerac episode I saw had Richard Griffiths who later starred in Pie in the Sky (1994) as Henry Crabbe, a semi-retired cop who runs his own restaurant (with his wife played by Maggie Steed) but still gets called in to work cases.
ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon »

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, on Amazon Prime.

This is a 1984 Brittish T.V. series starring Jeremy Brett and David Burke. We have seen season 1 and part of season 2.

Four seasons total of 41 episodes, all pretty faithfully adapted from stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. The episodes are about an hour long.

Recommend.
"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein | Wiki article link: Bogleheads® investment philosophy
sureshoe

Post by sureshoe »

Cruise wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:09 pm Nearing the end of Season 1 of "The WIre." I'm watching it on HBO Max, but I've read that it may be available on Prime.

Even if you think Season 2 is awful, it's worth continuing to watch.

The complete change of story is a bit jarring.
bf0123

Post by bf0123 »

The Wire is the only show I could watch start to finish every year. Layer upon layer, more intriguing, unforgettable characters than any show I can think of
Matahari

Post by Matahari »

ruralavalon wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:33 am The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, on Amazon Prime.

This is a 1984 Brittish T.V. series starring Jeremy Brett and David Burke. We have seen season 1 and part of season 2.

Four seasons total of 41 episodes, all pretty faithfully adapted from stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. The episodes are about an hour long.

Recommend.
I love this series, having watched it years ago when it was on PBS! Then I rewatched it with my tween/teen years later when she read some Conan Doyle, and she also loved it. Jeremy Brett was superb! David Burke left after Season 1 and I read articles that it was because he wanted to spend more time with his very young son. His son grew up to be the actor Tom Burke, who is the star of the BBC's Cormorant "Strike" series, based on J.K. Rowling's mysteries, and was Orson Welles in "Mank" (2020), among many notable roles.

Strike (can be gruesome) is available on various platforms; I think I started watching on HBO Max(?).
Start here: https://www.hulu.com/series/cb-strike-f ... 3a0acb1c3c

Tom Burke was also in one of the best episodes of Season 2 of "Modern Love" on Amazon Prime - On a Serpentine Road, With the Top Down:

https://www.amazon.com/Modern-Love-Seas ... B098ZND8B1

Thanks for the trip down memory lane! I went to look up our favorite bit again for sheer enjoyment: "You mention your name just now as if I should recognize it. But I can assure you, beyond the obvious facts that you are bachelor, a solicitor and a free mason and...an asthmatic, I know nothing about you whatever!"
roamingzebra

Post by roamingzebra »

Finished watching "Unforgotten", a good Cold Case-type series with Nicola Walker and Sanjeev Bhaskar. As in many British shows, some of the locales were picturesque, highlighted by the occasional birdseye camera view. Middle seasons (2-3) of the 4-season show were best. I'd advise against watching S4 as you will be in for a bitter disappointment.

The show has an unusual structure that is not linear/sequential. Rather for each season, several threads are run in parallel, each with its own cast of characters. That was a bit challenging for someone like me with a bad memory for names and faces, but I ended up just going with the flow. You eventually learn to distinguish all the characters, and in the end, all the threads come together and the case is solved.
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

ruralavalon wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:33 am The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, on Amazon Prime.

Recommend.
Brett was the best Holmes in my opinion. And the entire series was masterfully done. We watched it first-run on PBS, and several times in reruns.
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

Nicolas wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:50 pm

Recommend.
Brett was the best Holmes in my opinion. And the entire series was masterfully done. We watched it first-run on PBS, and several times in reruns.
Agree.

It's sort of like Poirot and David Suchet. "Accept no substitutes!"
:wink:

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
pezblanco

Post by pezblanco »

Tubes wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:13 am
+1

Squid Game's violence can be pretty gratuitous. I think they made their point in the first hour. Beyond that, some of it got stale.

That said, I don't mind violence and swearing. I enjoyed the Squid Game. I didn't really dig some of the messaging. It wasn't a waste of time, though. I ended up bingeing it.
We just finished this. I thought it was kind of a weak ending. It was fun for 3 or 4 episodes and then just got worse I thought. They are threatening a Season 2 which we will most likely not watch.
Bogle7

Post by Bogle7 »

Ted Lasso
Only Murders in the Building
Acapulco
Ugly Delicious
Old fart who does three index stock funds, baby.
Capsu78

Post by Capsu78 »

I usually wait until I have seen a whole series before posting, but I just completed E2 of an E8 Hulu series called "Midnight Sun" and want to upvote it, as it scratches a couple of my interests, being a bit of a mash up of both "Nordic Noir" and "French Detective" genres.
Extra credit for the E1 opening scene which was as good as many of the opening scenes of "Six Feet Under"- warning- The scene is "exquistly grusome" but since you don't know if you like the character or not, I realized I have never seen an opening quite like it, much like many 6FU's !
Multiple languages spoken, so set up closed caption to watch this series.
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

We're finishing out Only Murders in the Building. Final episode drops tomorrow.

This series has had ups and downs. I don't think it is deserving of some of the fawning accolades. Sure, it has some enjoyable parts, and some rather weak spots too. Time to find out how it ends for the season. (Rumor has it there will be more seasons.)
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

Tubes wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:11 pm We're finishing out Only Murders in the Building. Final episode drops tomorrow.

This series has had ups and downs. I don't think it is deserving of some of the fawning accolades. Sure, it has some enjoyable parts, and some rather weak spots too. Time to find out how it ends for the season. (Rumor has it there will be more seasons.)
My wife loves it. I've heard multiple people, including my wife, gushing about how amazing the episode with no dialogue was. IMO it would be unwatchable without Martin Short and Steve Martin. It's SO cheesy, but those two are classic. I'll finish it, but not sure that I'd watch another season with her.
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

stoptothink wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:26 pm
Tubes wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:11 pm We're finishing out Only Murders in the Building. Final episode drops tomorrow.

My wife loves it. I've heard multiple people, including my wife, gushing about how amazing the episode with no dialogue was. IMO it would be unwatchable without Martin Short and Steve Martin. It's SO cheesy, but those two are classic. I'll finish it, but not sure that I'd watch another season with her.
Martin Short was never a favorite of mine. He and his character actually grows on me during this show. Meanwhile, I'm not sure what happened, but I think Martin's acting was terrible in the episode after the silent episode. He was OK in the others. Maybe a bad day.

I'm guessing Selena Gomez's character is written and directed to come across as an aloof, monotone Millennial. If so, she's done a great job at being extremely irritating.

The silent episode was good but not unique. Mr. Robot did one a few years ago that was brilliant. This episode tweaked the idea a little with good effect. I liked it.
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

Tubes wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:39 pm
stoptothink wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:26 pm

I'm guessing Selena Gomez's character is written and directed to come across as an aloof, monotone Millennial. If so, she's done a great job at being extremely irritating.
I just assumed Gomez was a terrible actress, but maybe you are right. That voice is nails on a chalkboard.
vbdoug

Post by vbdoug »

We watched Squid Games in its entirety. For the most part I did not care for it. The violence did not bother me. I feel the acting was mixed [some of it was terrible] and many plot scenes were too unlikely to be believed. I would not recommend it.

[OT comments removed by admin LadyGeek]
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

I removed a number of comments discussion racial and gender stereotypes of several shows - Squid Games and Dave Chappelle's Comedy Special. As a reminder, see: General Etiquette
At all times we must conduct ourselves in a respectful manner to other posters.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
JBTX

Post by JBTX »

sureshoe wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:59 am

Even if you think Season 2 is awful, it's worth continuing to watch.

The complete change of story is a bit jarring.
I didn't think it was awful, but is the worst, comparatively, of the seasons. IMO season 3 is the best - you have a transition in interaction of a bunch of excellent characters. 4 and 5 are very good also in their own right with their specific themes.

I continue to think this was the best show ever made, hands down.
JBTX

Post by JBTX »

Went back and re-watched Breaking Bad for the first time since it aired, and now in the middle of the Sopranos, again first rewatch since it aired. Both excellent. Rewatching these things so many years later can be enjoyable because you really forget 90% of the content.
MAKsdad

Post by MAKsdad »

JBTX wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:37 am Went back and re-watched Breaking Bad for the first time since it aired, and now in the middle of the Sopranos, again first rewatch since it aired. Both excellent. Rewatching these things so many years later can be enjoyable because you really forget 90% of the content.
I loved both of these shows when watching them in real time. For me, Sopranos is far more "rewatchable" than Breaking Bad for some reason.
heartwood

Post by heartwood »

Caught the first episode of season 3 of Succession on HBO Max. I enjoyed the 1st season, 2nd season somewhat less so. The s3e1 was very hard to get back into the characters and plot. At one point I mentioned to my wife, is there any action? They just keep talking. My summary: waiting for a charter plane; talking on the phone, others talking on their phones, talking in cars, talking to the US President's aide (on the phone), lots of conference rooms with talk, talking in apartments.

Watchable, but not engaging for me.
MAKsdad

Post by MAKsdad »

heartwood wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:22 pm Caught the first episode of season 3 of Succession on HBO Max. I enjoyed the 1st season, 2nd season somewhat less so. The s3e1 was very hard to get back into the characters and plot. At one point I mentioned to my wife, is there any action? They just keep talking. My summary: waiting for a charter plane; talking on the phone, others talking on their phones, talking in cars, talking to the US President's aide (on the phone), lots of conference rooms with talk, talking in apartments.

Watchable, but not engaging for me.
Curious about this take...the entire show is about talking. There is no "action" it's always been dialog.

I do agree that it was hard for me to get back into though. I felt like a lot of things were happening at a really fast pace and (maybe because I was tired) it was a bit hard to follow.
JBTX

Post by JBTX »

MAKsdad wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:45 am
JBTX wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:37 am Went back and re-watched Breaking Bad for the first time since it aired, and now in the middle of the Sopranos, again first rewatch since it aired. Both excellent. Rewatching these things so many years later can be enjoyable because you really forget 90% of the content.
I loved both of these shows when watching them in real time. For me, Sopranos is far more "rewatchable" than Breaking Bad for some reason.
I actually agree. As good as Breaking bad is, it just doesn't have the impact some other shows have for me. Perhaps it is the dialogue - which is much more sparse by design in BB. Shows like Sopranos and the Wire have so much entertaining dialogue it keeps your attention. BB is much more about the plot line and Walts journey, which you already know what happened.