What Movie Have You Recently Watched?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Cruise

Re: What Movie Have You Recently Watched?

Post by Cruise »

King Richard, on HBO Max. About Venus and Serena’s father, Richard Williams.

He always impressed me as a classless jerk, and this film reified that view. However, no argument that he produced generational results, perhaps the GOAT of women’s tennis.

Very good film. Recommend.
Topic Author
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

“Down the Shore” with James Gandolfini. The Jersey Shore that is. On Amazon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down_the_Shore_(film)

Best.
Tony
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
roamingzebra

Post by roamingzebra »

Matahari wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:21 pm Given the mention of Debra Winger in previous posts, you may want to look at Kajillionaire (2020). We watched it months ago and I remembered it in that context.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/24/movi ... eview.html

It appears initially to be a small-scale heist comedy but is more in the nature of a coming-of-age story for the main character, played by Evan Rachel Wood. A word: if you don't want to be spoiled ahead of watching the film -- there are some antics prominently featured in the trailer -- avoid the trailer embedded in the NYT review.
Haha loved it. Wasn't expecting to. Really just wanted to see what Winger was up to and had to look hard to see that she was the mother. It wasn't just that her looks, gait (she had a limp) and voice were all changed. It was that Winger is usually the center of attention in a film and here she was someone with a blank (albeit cold) personality who kind of faded into the background.

Definitely an L.A. film. The year-round sunshine creates oddball characters like this (j/k) and gives a special lighting to films. The last "quirky" film I saw was "Baghdad Cafe" and this was similar in style though different plots.

And that NYT review that you cite is very good. I was looking for a term to describe the daughter's personality and near-feral" perfectly fits the bill. She was raised by wolves, figuratively speaking.
rgs92

Post by rgs92 »

The Beatles Get Back on Disney+. [Just the first episode so far.]
Totally joyful (with new music!).
Much better than I expected. I was just glued to the screen. I can't recommend it highly enough.
Hearing the genesis of much of the music from Let It Be, along with some material from Abbey Road, and solo work from all four Beatles is just amazing.
It's hard to believe this awesome content was locked away for 50+ years. I hope they release more of it.
heartwood

Post by heartwood »

heartwood wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:24 pm
andypanda wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:51 pm Dean Martin: King of Cool

Watched it last night. It's Tom Donahue's latest documentary and another great effort. With the reputation they've earned over the past ten years they get access to many famous people and things such as home movies.

Okay, I admit that I knew one of the three founders of creativechaos for 40 years or more, but it really was good. That's him at the end, "In Memory of..."

My wife loved the movie and Dean Martin and stayed up until the end. And it was past her bedtime. :)
where did you watch it? I can only find a single showing on TCM in non-HD.

I saw a review of it in the wsj https://www.wsj.com/articles/dean-marti ... os1&page=1

and wanted to see it.

Thanks for the reminder.
I enjoyed it! I always watched him and listened to him. A talent.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Corpse Bride on DVD, PG, 2005, directed by Tim Burton. A groom mistakenly proposes to a dead bride. If you want an introduction to Tim Burton, watch this movie. This animation / drama won several awards and I can see why. Very entertaining, I liked it.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
wabbott

Post by wabbott »

Murder Me, Murder You. This was Stacy Keach's first appearance as Micky Spillane's Mike Hammer, and was first aired on CBS in April, 1983. Tanya Roberts was cast as Velda.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_Me,_Murder_You
heartwood

Post by heartwood »

The Net (1995) on Netflix. I forgot how much I've enjoyed Sandra Bullock over the years.

This is a thriller from the early days of the internet. Who knew!
Matahari

Post by Matahari »

Dream Horse (2021), starring Toni Collette and Damian Lewis.

https://www.amazon.com/Dream-Horse-Toni ... B095S5Z595

A sweet movie based on a true story about a community in Wales which pooled their assets to invest in a race horse.

Again, avoid spoilers, but here's the NYT review:
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/20/movi ... eview.html
lostdog

Post by lostdog »

American Reunion on Netflix.

If you like the previous American Pie movies, you'll enjoy this one.

Warning. It's not family friendly.
Stocks-80% || Bonds-20% || Taxable-VTI/VXUS || IRA-VT/BNDW
roamingzebra

Post by roamingzebra »

"Z" (1969); French, English subtitles; directed by Costa-Gavras w/ Yves Montand, Irene Papas, Jean-Louis Trintignant.

The film is about a political assassination in Greece in the early 1960s, the official cover-up and a dogged investigator who refuses to look the other way. The film is based on real events and is influenced by Costa-Garva's outrage at what had happened.

The first half is a little slow, then it gets going. Needs to be watched to the very end.
Matahari

Post by Matahari »

roamingzebra wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:42 pm
Matahari wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:21 pm Given the mention of Debra Winger in previous posts, you may want to look at Kajillionaire (2020). We watched it months ago and I remembered it in that context.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/24/movi ... eview.html

It appears initially to be a small-scale heist comedy but is more in the nature of a coming-of-age story for the main character, played by Evan Rachel Wood. A word: if you don't want to be spoiled ahead of watching the film -- there are some antics prominently featured in the trailer -- avoid the trailer embedded in the NYT review.
Haha loved it. Wasn't expecting to. Really just wanted to see what Winger was up to and had to look hard to see that she was the mother. It wasn't just that her looks, gait (she had a limp) and voice were all changed. It was that Winger is usually the center of attention in a film and here she was someone with a blank (albeit cold) personality who kind of faded into the background.

Definitely an L.A. film. The year-round sunshine creates oddball characters like this (j/k) and gives a special lighting to films. The last "quirky" film I saw was "Baghdad Cafe" and this was similar in style though different plots.

And that NYT review that you cite is very good. I was looking for a term to describe the daughter's personality and near-feral" perfectly fits the bill. She was raised by wolves, figuratively speaking.
Glad you enjoyed it! I'm always thrilled to find new and unusual films, and can excuse much if there is originality.

BTW, the expression "raised by wolves" comes to my mind with some frequency when I encounter or witness uncouth behavior. :happy
MP173

Post by MP173 »

"Get Back" - The Beatles parts 1 and 2.

Really enjoyed part 1 while part 2 seem to drag on and on. Still, well worth watching the dynamics of the group plus Billy Preston (The fifth!). He certainly added a spark, plus a great keyboard sound.

Looking forward to Part 3.

Ed
jginseattle

Post by jginseattle »

House of Gucci. Some bad movies can be fun. But excessive length and some very cartoonish performances prevent this one from being marginally entertaining.
tooluser

Post by tooluser »

tooluser wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:31 pm
doobiedoo wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:42 am "To Live and Die in LA" [1985] directed by William Friedkin [of "French Connection" fame].

"To Live and Die in LA" stars William Petersen [CSI: Crime Scene Investigation], John Pankow [Mad About You], Willem Dafoe [Platoon, Spider-Man, John Wick, Clear and Present Danger, etc].
John Turturro, Dean Stockwell, and Jane Leeves [Frasier] also have roles. [The credits spell Jane Leeves name as Leaves.]

All the actors were intentionally chosen to be "new faces". They all look very young. William Petersen even looks and displays athleticism in the movie!

I saw it for the first time recently on TCM [Turner Classic Movies]. The car chase scenes are terrific. When Friedkin filmed them he said he would not leave them in the movie unless they were better than the chase scenes in "French Connection".

Near the end of the movie there is a shocking surprise. I won't ruin the effect by revealing it here.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090180/
I am currently on the same track from the same source, just a few days delayed! Great double feature. I saw parts of The French Connection when I was little (my dad liked cop movies), and I did not like how unkempt/gritty it was, and how no one was doing anything I understood or cared about. Now that's how to make an R-rated film! As an adult now I love the feel to it. Interesting that much of the car chase scenes were unpermitted and very dangerous, and the director swears he would never do that again.
I finished watching To Live and Die in L.A. I thought I had seen it before, and wasn't too enthused at first. But I was wrong! I had seen Manhunter, which was released a year later with the same lead actor. How could I have missed it all these years?!? Some very nice scenes of very familiar areas, but from shortly before I had moved here. At least one of the restaurants in the film still exists, but has moved its location since then. Having lived in L.A. for over 30 years, I hope to not die here. :wink:
Topic Author
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

“The Terminator” with Arnold. That classic never gets old.

Best.
Tony
galectin

Post by galectin »

The DW and I thoroughly enjoyed Ghostbusters: Afterlife when we saw it yesterday.
FRANK2009

Post by FRANK2009 »

The Power of the Dog on Netflix. Good acting and a surprise ending. Just OK overall.
PhoebeCoco

Post by PhoebeCoco »

News of the World, starring Tom Hanks.

Depressing. I didn't really see the point. Not recommended.
Elsebet

Post by Elsebet »

To Kill a Mockingbird, from Netflix on blu-ray.

I recently reread the book since I didn't really remember it from high school, then I watched the movie. Both were enjoyable, if not difficult pieces emotionally due to the uncomfortable realities of our recent past.
"...the man who adapts himself to his slender means and makes himself wealthy on a little sum, is the truly rich man..." ~Seneca
doobiedoo

Post by doobiedoo »

I recently watched "Promising Young Woman" starring Carrey Mulligan as Cassie.
I recorded it from HBO during a free [Thanksgiving] weekend.

The film was released to theaters in Dec 2020 before Covid vaccinations. I had not heard of it, but was pleasantly surprised by the plot turns, the acting, and the familiar actors in unfamiliar roles. The film won an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay, with Oscar nominations for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actress (Mulligan) and Film Editing.

"Nothing in Cassie's life is what it appears to be -- she's wickedly smart, tantalizingly cunning, and she's living a secret double life by night. Now an unexpected encounter is about to give Cassie a chance to right the wrongs from the past."

Rotten Tomatoes ratings: 90% and 87%.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/promising_young_woman
MikeWarnick

Post by MikeWarnick »

Just watched Dazed and Confused after scoring the DVD on Ebay. Watched it many times in high school at the cheapo dive theatre in town. Lots of weed smoking, drinking and general good times with the standard Boomer harassment of teenagers.
You Know What I Mean

Post by You Know What I Mean »

rgs92 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:34 pm The Beatles Get Back on Disney+. [Just the first episode so far.]
Totally joyful (with new music!).
Much better than I expected. I was just glued to the screen. I can't recommend it highly enough.
Hearing the genesis of much of the music from Let It Be, along with some material from Abbey Road, and solo work from all four Beatles is just amazing.
It's hard to believe this awesome content was locked away for 50+ years. I hope they release more of it.
I loved it!
"Well, she was just seventeen, You Know What I Mean, and the way she looked... was way beyond compare."
You Know What I Mean

Post by You Know What I Mean »

MP173 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:36 pm "Get Back" - The Beatles parts 1 and 2.

Really enjoyed part 1 while part 2 seem to drag on and on. Still, well worth watching the dynamics of the group plus Billy Preston (The fifth!). He certainly added a spark, plus a great keyboard sound.

Looking forward to Part 3.

Ed
IMO, the most fascinating section in Part 2 was the audio (using a hidden mic) of the candid discussion between John & Paul in the canteen where they talk very seriously -- without the usual flippant comments -- about their relationships with each other and with George (after he "left"). Very revealing.
"Well, she was just seventeen, You Know What I Mean, and the way she looked... was way beyond compare."
fishandgolf

Post by fishandgolf »

fishandgolf wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:23 pm "The Ice Road".........starring Liam Neesom.....thumbs down.....Not worth the 1.0 hr. 48 minutes ☹
+1 Agree.....we got lured in by watching the trailer; The movie was a terrible.....very disappointed... :annoyed
Capsu78

Post by Capsu78 »

fishandgolf wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:41 am
fishandgolf wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:23 pm "The Ice Road".........starring Liam Neesom.....thumbs down.....Not worth the 1.0 hr. 48 minutes ☹
+1 Agree.....we got lured in by watching the trailer; The movie was a terrible.....very disappointed... :annoyed
It is a direct remake of the Norwegian film "In Order of Disappearance" which I thought was more authentic dispite the sub titles.
Topic Author
abuss368

Post by abuss368 »

“For the love of Money” on Amazon. Based on a true story and small supporting roles of John Caan and Paul Sorvino. It was ok.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_the_L ... ney_(film)

Best.
Tony
tooluser

Post by tooluser »

Space Buddies

This is the the third in a series of movies spawned by "Air Bud". I have not seen any of the others. I wanted to fit another dog movie in, probably done with that now. This movie is execrable on many levels but held my attention. It's probably ideal for the age 4-6 crowd, as it relies heavily on stereotypes and fantasy. Like many children's movies, there are a few nicely executed jokes or asides that only adults will really understand, yet nothing untoward.

It has several recognizable B-list actors, and the dogs are cute. Once you accept the premise of talking dogs, I guess there is no lower limit to the abuses of the fundamental laws of the universe. The dogs seemed to be happy and well cared for, and did not perform many unnatural acts (exceptions: suspended from cables, wearing doggie spacesuits).
Like good comrades to the utmost of their strength, we shall go on to the end. -- Winston Churchill
jjunk

Post by jjunk »

Power of the Dog (Netflix): Excellent acting in this one and interesting, albeit slow, story. If you like Campion's work (The Piano), then you'll like this one

Encanto (theater): Animated Disney movie (not Pixar) with music by Lin Manuel Miranda. Overall the story was "cute" but it was a little too long for what it was. Music was alright though.

Love Hard (Netflix): OK X-mas rom com. Good movie to have on the background if you're bored

14 Peaks (Netflix): fascinating documentary about a climber attempting to summit all 14 of the 8,000M in record time. Little long but pretty incredible to see how things went for this climbing team. Cinematically it is stunning
Cruise

Post by Cruise »

No Time To Die. Awful film made worse by previously published spoiler, which actually spoiled watching this awful picture. Thanks.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Pan's Labyrinth on Netflix, Rated R, 2006, Spanish (Spain) with English subtitles. This dark fairy tale is about a young girl sent to live with her step-father in Spain, 1944. When you watch a good movie, you lose track that you're listening in a language other than English. This is one of those movies. It won 3 Oscars and got a ton of awards. Excellent.

Heads up - Netflix will stop streaming this movie on December 31, 2021.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
rich126

Post by rich126 »

jjunk wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:41 am Power of the Dog (Netflix): Excellent acting in this one and interesting, albeit slow, story. If you like Campion's work (The Piano), then you'll like this one

Encanto (theater): Animated Disney movie (not Pixar) with music by Lin Manuel Miranda. Overall the story was "cute" but it was a little too long for what it was. Music was alright though.

Love Hard (Netflix): OK X-mas rom com. Good movie to have on the background if you're bored

14 Peaks (Netflix): fascinating documentary about a climber attempting to summit all 14 of the 8,000M in record time. Little long but pretty incredible to see how things went for this climbing team. Cinematically it is stunning
Love Hard (Netflix)[/b]: OK X-mas rom com. Good movie to have on the background if you're bored

We tend to watch a lot of Christmas/holiday movies. I like things that may be funny, cute or uplifting, especially of late. Some are a bit too cute. Love Hard I'd actually put in the slightly better than average category for those types of movies. Some we turn off, others aren't that good but my wife enjoys and I can use my ipad to pass the time and only casually watch them.

On Disney there is a Home Alone sort of remake with a British kid. For that type of movie it was ok.

An older one that somehow I had never seen is called Holiday Affair (maybe on Paramount or HBO) with a very young Jennifer Leigh and Robert Mitchum. That was well done. There is a remake but I usually skip the remakes.
----------------------------- | If you think something is important and it doesn't involve the health of someone, think again. Life goes too fast, enjoy it and be nice.
JAZZISCOOL

Post by JAZZISCOOL »

jginseattle wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:10 pm Jane Campion's The Power of the Dog. This intense drama is set in Montana in the 1920s. Masterful storytelling and acting. It stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Kirsten Dunst.

I saw this Netflix movie in the theater.

Recommended. One of the year's best.
I enjoyed this movie a lot. Great acting and cinematography. To me it was a quiet, slow-burning drama that can leave you with questions. Ambiguity adds to the power of this movie. The often dissonant musical soundtrack added to the story line.
Bylo Selhi

Post by Bylo Selhi »

jjunk wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:41 am 14 Peaks (Netflix): fascinating documentary about a climber attempting to summit all 14 of the 8,000M in record time. Little long but pretty incredible to see how things went for this climbing team. Cinematically it is stunning
Agreed on all counts.

If you're into mountain climbing, especially Everest, there's also Sherpa 2015 which deals with the vital role the Sherpas play in doing all the "heavy lifting" to get everyone else up to the top.

Free Solo 2018 has been mentioned many time upthread. In the same vein there's The Alpinist 2021. Amazingly this guy humbles even Alex Honnold.
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

Cruise wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:56 am No Time To Die. Awful film made worse by previously published spoiler, which actually spoiled watching this awful picture. Thanks.
In fairness, the spoiler is all over the Internet. I had no interest in seeing this film and don’t follow Bond stories, but even I knew what the spoiler was. Needless to say, I haven’t watched it.

I like Michael Daniel Craig as much as the next guy, but the Bond series has been a movie mess forever. It’s more comedy than anything else.

Edited to change actor’s name and blush a little.
Last edited by TomatoTomahto on Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I get the FI part but not the RE part of FIRE.
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

TomatoTomahto wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:59 am
Cruise wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:56 am No Time To Die. Awful film made worse by previously published spoiler, which actually spoiled watching this awful picture. Thanks.
In fairness, the spoiler is all over the Internet. I had no interest in seeing this film and don’t follow Bond stories, but even I knew what the spoiler was. Needless to say, I haven’t watched it.

I like Michael Craig as much as the next guy, but the Bond series has been a movie mess forever. It’s more comedy than anything else.
It's Daniel Craig. Agree, I really like him as an actor in pretty much everything else, but his Bond films (including Casino Royale) have been a mess. No interest in seeing the last iteration.
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

stoptothink wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:25 am

I like Michael Craig as much as the next guy, but the Bond series has been a movie mess forever. It’s more comedy than anything else.
It's Daniel Craig. Agree, I really like him as an actor in pretty much everything else, but his Bond films (including Casino Royale) have been a mess. No interest in seeing the last iteration.
Claim by TomatoTomahto about not following Bond films checks out. :wink:

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

ResearchMed wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:39 am

RM
My grandfather brought our family to the U.S. in the 1970's and he learned English partially by watching Bond films. Many of my fondest childhood memories are watching the older ones with him. It's a shame that they have become so bad.
telemark

Post by telemark »

Hugo, on Netflix (also leaving at the end of the month).

This is a good movie, but it would be better if it weren't quite so in love with itself. The director insists on lingering over each and every shot, savoring the rich full moviefulness of it all, when I would rather be getting on with the story. The automaton is visually striking, but how many times do we need to look at it?

P.S. On further reading, I see this was originally shot in 3D, so some of the slow movement is probably Scorsese trying not to make his audience sick. You remember 3D, right? Enjoying those 3D TV sets?
Last edited by telemark on Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

ResearchMed wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:39 am

RM
Daniel, Michael, whatever. He had me at Rachel Weisz.
I get the FI part but not the RE part of FIRE.
Cruise

Post by Cruise »

In fairness, the spoiler is all over the Internet.
In fairness, don't spoil it for those who don't follow "the internet."
roamingzebra

Post by roamingzebra »

"Eye in the Sky" (2015) w/ Helen Mirren, Aaron Paul, Alan Rickman, Barkhad Abdi. "Col. Katherine Powell, a military officer in command of an operation to capture terrorists in Kenya, sees her mission escalate when a girl enters the kill zone triggering an international dispute over the implications of modern warfare."

Fascinating.

All systems go on the drone strike until a little girl, who just wants to sell bread, unknowingly sets up her stand just outside the target compound.

It's all about decision-making. Military and political. US and British.

The situation is ever-changing and you literally end up on the edge of your seat.

Mirren did great as always. Barkhad Abdi was a new face for me. He was brilliant as the man on the ground conducting surveillance, then panickly watching as things devolve.
jjunk

Post by jjunk »

Bylo Selhi wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:23 am
jjunk wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:41 am 14 Peaks (Netflix): fascinating documentary about a climber attempting to summit all 14 of the 8,000M in record time. Little long but pretty incredible to see how things went for this climbing team. Cinematically it is stunning
Agreed on all counts.

If you're into mountain climbing, especially Everest, there's also Sherpa 2015 which deals with the vital role the Sherpas play in doing all the "heavy lifting" to get everyone else up to the top.

Free Solo 2018 has been mentioned many time upthread. In the same vein there's The Alpinist 2021. Amazingly this guy humbles even Alex Honnold.
Definitely looking forward to the Alpinist, I missed it in theaters. Free Solo is an amazing documentary so to think someone could humble Alex has me even more intrigued.
jginseattle

Post by jginseattle »

JAZZISCOOL wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:38 am
jginseattle wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:10 pm Jane Campion's The Power of the Dog. This intense drama is set in Montana in the 1920s. Masterful storytelling and acting. It stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Kirsten Dunst.

I enjoyed this movie a lot. Great acting and cinematography. To me it was a quiet, slow-burning drama that can leave you with questions. Ambiguity adds to the power of this movie. The often dissonant musical soundtrack added to the story line.
The music is by Jonny Greenwood from Radiohead.
JAZZISCOOL

Post by JAZZISCOOL »

jginseattle wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:38 am
JAZZISCOOL wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:38 am

The music is by Jonny Greenwood from Radiohead.
:thumbsup

The New York Times just named The Power of the Dog as one of the 10 best movies of 2021 FWIW. :beer
f35phixer

Post by f35phixer »

tagged onto jjunks.

For context, the previous record was seven years, and among the first men to set it was Reinhold Messner – easily one of the most accomplished explorers in recent history. I'll not spoil it but he CRUSHES the record.... Yes, he used O2, but what he did it still amazing.
And his Sherpa's have names :happy

[/quote]
Woodshark

Post by Woodshark »

I will have to agree, Love Hard is a better than average Christmas rom-com. It held my interest until the very end. My favorite part was the reworked version of "Baby it's Cold Outside".
Elsebet

Post by Elsebet »

Just watched "Pig" streaming on Netflix. Stars Nicholas Cage - it is short and I enjoyed it, probably the only other Nic Cage movie I liked other than "Leaving Las Vegas".
"...the man who adapts himself to his slender means and makes himself wealthy on a little sum, is the truly rich man..." ~Seneca
Lou Sevens

Post by Lou Sevens »

abuss368 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:57 pm “Down the Shore” with James Gandolfini. The Jersey Shore that is. On Amazon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down_the_Shore_(film)

Best.
Tony
Great film- I remember seeing it years ago. I met him outside a play he was doing in NYC
Lou Sevens

Post by Lou Sevens »

I like music documentaries a lot; currently watching on Epix the history of A&M records- what I like about it so far is it is kind of calm, not trying to do to much. Recently saw the mini series True Story on Netflix and enjoyed that with Kevin Hart and Wesley Snipes.