Letters from Vanguard

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
Voltaire2.0

Letters from Vanguard

Post by Voltaire2.0 »

Anyone else getting letters (many) from Vanguard saying they are unable to deliver notifications and documents via email?

They have my correct email account on file and it works. I'm even getting their trade confirmations via email. I called and they said it was a "system problem," whatever that's supposed to mean.
itsmeagain

Re: Letters from Vanguard

Post by itsmeagain »

Vanguard sure has a lot of "system problems." :annoyed

Since I moved the bulk of our assets elsewhere, those problems have vanished. :D
prd1982

Post by prd1982 »

My guess is that the VG email system was getting bounce backs on their emails, and was considering them as saying your email address was bad. The actual problem could have been a email relay issue, or them misinterpreting the response. There is a bit of art in interpreting the failure reason.
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

Voltaire2.0 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:14 pm Anyone else getting letters (many) from Vanguard saying they are unable to deliver notifications and documents via email?

They have my correct email account on file and it works. I'm even getting their trade confirmations via email. I called and they said it was a "system problem," whatever that's supposed to mean.
I received two letters today noting that tax documents could be obtained online. I was surprised as I have not received paper in the mail for almost a decade.

Will this excess and wasted paper cause my fund expense ratio to increase?😂

Tony
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
averagedude

Post by averagedude »

Speaking of letters and Vanguard, I have one. Please Vanguard, forget about reducing our investing costs by one or two basis points. Just fix your customer service to the clients that you serve.