Non-Proprietary Market Analyst Software

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
MoneyMonkey

Non-Proprietary Market Analyst Software

Post by MoneyMonkey »

What the best software or systems available to analyze the stock markets?
acegolfer

Re: Non-Proprietary Market Analyst Software

Post by acegolfer »

Haven't seen any and I doubt such a software will be helpful long term. For most investors, chart/financial media will likely do more harm than good. Just invest in 3-fund portfolio, whenever you can.
BolderBoy

Post by BolderBoy »

MoneyMonkey wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:14 amWhat the best software or systems available to analyze the stock markets?
My father was a business professor and subscribed to the "Value Line" for almost 30 years and used the info he learned there to run an investment club over that time period. The CAGR of his small number of stock choices in the club's portfolio was 2.9% / yr. But his stock broker loved him (and the club).

A colossal failure considering the S&P500 Index cruised along at almost 3x that over the same period.

Stick with total market index fund investing. It will reward you over time and is a lot less work.
"Never underestimate one's capacity to overestimate one's abilities" - The Dunning-Kruger Effect
gips

Post by gips »