How to get UTVTX, UTVAX quotes in google sheets ?

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
davidsorensen32

How to get UTVTX, UTVAX quotes in google sheets ?

Post by davidsorensen32 »

Hi Bogleheads,

I've tried to get the quotes for the UESP 529 funds using GoogleFinance but not able to. I'm able to get the prices of all other funds using GoogleFinance macros. Has anyone been able to do it ? Will appreciate it if you can share any formula or macros for google sheets.
kelway

Re: How to get UTVTX, UTVAX quotes in google sheets ?

Post by kelway »

Hi - bumping this topic as it frustrates me too.
kelway

Re: How to get UTVTX, UTVAX quotes in google sheets ?

Post by kelway »

In fact, I figured out a way... Have to use the IMPORTXML function like this:

Code: Select all

=IMPORTXML("https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/UTVTX","//*[@id='quote-page-strip']/div[3]/div[1]/div[2]/span[1]")
The cell with that function will show the latest quote for UTVTX. You can simply replace the UTVTX in the URL of first argument with other Utah 529 tickers.

The idea is you find a page with the quote. I used CNBC, so you find the url with the quote, highlight the quote value where you see the latest quote, then right click => Inspect. From that menu, you right click the markup => copy => copy xpath. Then paste that xpath as the second argument like I did (note you should replace any double quotes in that string with single quotes like I did around the 'quote-page-strip'.

Note, Yahoo Finance didn't work (they likely act to avoid scraping).