Jack Bogle is gone but he is still saving investors 100 billion a year"

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
Taylor Larimore

Jack Bogle is gone but he is still saving investors 100 billion a year"

Post by Taylor Larimore »

Bogleheads:

A friend sent me this beautiful tribute to our namesake. If you are a "devoted acolyte" read this:

Jack Bogle is Gone But He Is Still Saving Investors 100 Billion a year

Best wishes.
Taylor
Jack Bogle's Words of Wisdom (2017): "During the past 25 years: average net annual return of lowest-cost funds, 9.4 percent; net annual return of highest-cost funds, just 8.3% percent. You get to keep exactly what you don't pay for."
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle
bikechuck

Re: Jack Bogle is gone but he is still saving investors 100 billion a year"

Post by bikechuck »

Taylor Larimore wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:34 am Bogleheads:

A friend sent me this beautiful tribute to our namesake. If you are a "devoted acolyte" read this:

Best wishes.
Taylor
Jack Bogle's Words of Wisdom (2017): "During the past 25 years: average net annual return of lowest-cost funds, 9.4 percent; net annual return of highest-cost funds, just 8.3% percent. You get to keep exactly what you don't pay for."
Taylor, thank you for posting this. Reading this and similar articles help me "stay the course".
secondopinion

Post by secondopinion »

Taylor Larimore wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:34 am Bogleheads:

Best wishes.
Taylor
Costs are awful; I do not buy high-cost funds as a result.

I am not a devoted Boglehead, but I take advantage of not paying for the high fees. Jack was a more than reasonable fellow.
Passive investing: not about making big bucks but making profits. Active investing: not about beating the market but meeting goals. Speculation: not about timing the market but taking profitable risks.
GP813

Post by GP813 »

Jack Bogle changed the game. I recently guided family members to switch from an assets under management portfolio at Merrill that was severely underperforming. Those excessive fees are now going directly to their enjoyment and savings, the way it should be.

Thank You Jack Bogle!
JPH

Post by JPH »

Yup! Thousands of dollars in my pocket; not theirs.
While the moments do summersaults into eternity | Cling to their coattails and beg them to stay - Townes Van Zandt
sunnywindy

Post by sunnywindy »

Every time there is a Vanguard price reduction, I quantify my new savings in extra beer money (to keep it fun!). Thank you, Mr. Bogle!

Does anybody know what lake Mr. Bogle is piloting the wooden motorboat? Excellent picture, too.