[Vanguard may remove secure messages, members transitioning out of Vanguard]

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
anon_investor

Re: [Vanguard may remove secure messages, members transitioning out of Vanguard]

Post by anon_investor »

Stinky wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:33 am
beyou wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:59 am That said, big difference moving out vs not opening new.
I have not had needs to call often, but when I have, night and day in 2021 vs past years. Service is significantly worse, but as long as I can perform most actions online I am sufficiently satisfied to go with inertia.
That pretty well summarizes my situation too.
You can always open a new account some where and try it out. That is what I am doing. I opened a Fidelity taxable brokerage (received a $100 bonus for depositing $50) and since last month I have been making purchases of VTI every pay check there instead of my normal purchases of VTSAX at Vanguard on pay day. Fidelity offers the ability to buy ETFs by dollar amount (using market OR limit orders), which gives me a some where similar experience to buying a mutual fund. Worst case if I end up not liking Fidelity I can transfer my VTI shares back to Vanguard, but so far I am liking Fidelity, their website, app and customer service so far have been excellent.
nalor511

Re: [Vanguard may remove secure messages, members transitioning out of Vanguard]

Post by nalor511 »

Stinky wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:56 am How can I tell what Vanguard level I'm at? Is there somewhere on the website that will tell me that?

I just checked the site. I still have a "contact us" button and the pretty picture of a yet another new "relationship manager".
It's in the upper left. Voyager, Voyager Select, Flagship, Flaghship Select, whatever.

You have it *for now*, it's just a matter of time, IMO, since it seems they are moving forward with this process. Nothing at Vanguard is ever a quick rollout. They started rolling out the brokerage transition pressure from like 2007, and it's still going
jeffyscott

Post by jeffyscott »

Those who believe that they have lost messaging, take a look at the list of links on the left side of the screen on the message center page. The last one is "upload documents", if you click on that you can send a secure message (with or without attaching a document).

Tubes

Post by Tubes »

Stinky wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:56 am How can I tell what Vanguard level I'm at? Is there somewhere on the website that will tell me that?

I just checked the site. I still have a "contact us" button and the pretty picture of a yet another new "relationship manager".
On the website, in the TOP LEFT corner of the screen, in grey font, it will tell you your status.

You still have a picture of your person? Cut and paste it. Some day it will be a nostalgic memory. My guy disappeared about 4 years ago.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

Tubes wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:00 pm

On the website, in the TOP LEFT corner of the screen, in grey font, it will tell you your status.

You still have a picture of your person? Cut and paste it. Some day it will be a nostalgic memory. My guy disappeared about 4 years ago.
Thank you.

It looks like I'm "Flagship". From previous posts in this thread, it looks like $1 million might be the cutoff for Flagship. Is that correct?

And what is the cutoff for "Flagship Select"? Maybe someday I can aspire to such heights ......
Retired life insurance company financial executive who sincerely believes that ”It’s a GREAT day to be alive!”
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

Stinky wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:31 pm

Thank you.

It looks like I'm "Flagship". From previous posts in this thread, it looks like $1 million might be the cutoff for Flagship. Is that correct?

And what is the cutoff for "Flagship Select"? Maybe someday I can aspire to such heights ......
Flagship starts at $1M, and Flagship Select starts at $5M. Levels explained here, along with a PAS sales pitch, of course: https://investor.vanguard.com/investing ... s/flagship

I'm Flagship only and lost my rep a long time ago. You either get dumped randomly, or perhaps they have a sliding scale from 1 to 5M, or perhaps it is years as a "passenger" (is that what we're called, ha ha) on the Vanguard ship. Nobody knows. Trade secret.

BTW, Flagship Select people here don't report getting much special these days. You may not get a ride on the heights of the crows nest. You may end up in steerage, unless you sign up for PAS, of course.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

Tubes wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:29 pm

Thank you.

Flagship starts at $1M, and Flagship Select starts at $5M. Levels explained here, along with a PAS sales pitch, of course: https://investor.vanguard.com/investing ... s/flagship

I'm Flagship only and lost my rep a long time ago. You either get dumped randomly, or perhaps they have a sliding scale from 1 to 5M, or perhaps it is years as a "passenger" (is that what we're called, ha ha) on the Vanguard ship. Nobody knows. Trade secret.

BTW, Flagship Select people here don't report getting much special these days. You may not get a ride on the heights of the crows nest. You may end up in steerage, unless you sign up for PAS, of course.
Thank you for the link.

I’m not seeing anything called “Flagship Select”. What I am seeing for folks over $5 million is “Wealth Management Services”. Things like estate planning, trust services, tax services, etc.

I assume that none of these services are “free”.
Retired life insurance company financial executive who sincerely believes that ”It’s a GREAT day to be alive!”
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

Stinky wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:11 pm
Tubes wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:29 pm

Thank you.

Thank you for the link.

I’m not seeing anything called “Flagship Select”. What I am seeing for folks over $5 million is “Wealth Management Services”. Things like estate planning, trust services, tax services, etc.

I assume that none of these services are “free”.
Wow Vanguard really got rid of Flagship Select. It looks like at $5M you only get an assigned rep (like a concierge, Vanguard's words not mine), like you used to at $1M with Flagship. They are really pushing PAS...
mkc

Post by mkc »

Stinky wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:56 am
Based on the discussion in another topic regarding some of Vanguard's use of photos on the site, are you sure it's not a stock advertising photo? :twisted:
msimon

Vanguards current policy statement on Secure Messages

Post by msimon »

[Thread merged into here --admin LadyGeek]

For folks wondering what Vanguard's official policy on Secure Messages is and find it too difficult to go through the monster thread on this issue from late July, here is an exchange that I had with Vanguard via Facebook messenger:

Q: Has Vanguard made any formal announcement about discontinuing the secure message feature on your web site for US customers?

A: Yes, affected clients were informed approximately 30 days before the change occurred.

Q: Which clients will be able to rely on the secure message facility in the future? Will Flagship clients be able to rely on it or does Vanguard plan on eliminating it for them eventually as well?

A: Hi XXXXX. Clients who are members of Flagship Services, Personal Advisor Services, owners of 529 College Savings Plans, or other clients that have accessibility challenges (such as the hearing-impaired, for example) are currently planned to have access to the Secure Message center in the future.
stan1

Re: Vanguards current policy statement on Secure Messages

Post by stan1 »

msimon wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:27 pm other clients that have accessibility challenges (such as the hearing-impaired, for example) are currently planned to have access to the Secure Message center in the future.
Interesting. There might be a rise in phone calls to Vanguard with customers who have hearing issues. Or is there a way to identify on the website that someone is hearing impaired?
nalor511

Post by nalor511 »

So you have to have a million dollars in Vanguard Funds in order to contact them in writing online... Which is actually less expensive for them than you calling them on the phone... What kind of decision is that?
sport

Post by sport »

nalor511 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:47 pm So you have to have a million dollars in Vanguard Funds in order to contact them in writing online... Which is actually less expensive for them than you calling them on the phone... What kind of decision is that?
Do you have info on Vanguard's costs to handle phone inquiries and secure messages? Please share that info with us. Thanks.
retire2022

Post by retire2022 »

op

I am waiting for my Flagship status to be induced, as Voyager Services, they have not yet taken away my secure messaging, before August I had 800K in the account, post August I had rollover 1.7 million to Vanguard, as of today I have 2.652 million.

I am still waiting :)
Makefile

Post by Makefile »

sport wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:55 pm
nalor511 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:47 pm So you have to have a million dollars in Vanguard Funds in order to contact them in writing online... Which is actually less expensive for them than you calling them on the phone... What kind of decision is that?
Do you have info on Vanguard's costs to handle phone inquiries and secure messages? Please share that info with us. Thanks.
I wonder if the issue is that (assuming the call center just says "call us back later" when they are closed), when they are overwhelmed, phone calls are inherently throttled to whomever can get through that day, while secure messages pile up not only during the day but during nights and weekends too.

Obviously they wouldn't share examples for privacy reasons, but I bet they get a lot of secure messages that aren't stellar examples of English composition either and that are either incomprehensible or trivial questions. Or, really phone-phobic customers will put some super urgent request in a secure message and then get irate when it hasn't been read by 9:05am the next day.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

msimon wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:27 pm For folks wondering what Vanguard's official policy on Secure Messages is and find it too difficult to go through the monster thread on this issue from late July, here is an exchange that I had with Vanguard via Facebook messenger:

Q: Has Vanguard made any formal announcement about discontinuing the secure message feature on your web site for US customers?

A: Yes, affected clients were informed approximately 30 days before the change occurred.

Q: Which clients will be able to rely on the secure message facility in the future? Will Flagship clients be able to rely on it or does Vanguard plan on eliminating it for them eventually as well?

A: Hi XXXXX. Clients who are members of Flagship Services, Personal Advisor Services, owners of 529 College Savings Plans, or other clients that have accessibility challenges (such as the hearing-impaired, for example) are currently planned to have access to the Secure Message center in the future.
So - Vanguard will communicate with anyone through Facebook Messenger, but requires $1 million to communicate via secure messenger?

Hmmmmmm.
nalor511

Post by nalor511 »

Since they are maintaining the secure message system for a subset of customers, I used my logic bone. The message system is there already, and it costs only the time it takes for an employee to read and respond. A call is taking up the employee's time during the entire time you are on with them. Time is money. More time, more money. Fail.
Last edited by nalor511 on Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nate79

Post by Nate79 »

Lol. The Vanguard soap opera keeps getting funnier and funnier. Happily sitting where the grass is greener with a nice bag of popcorn.

Post by 000 »

Nate79 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:08 pm Lol. The Vanguard soap opera keeps getting funnier and funnier. Happily sitting where the grass is greener with a nice bag of popcorn.
Where's that?
dailybagel

Post by dailybagel »

Makefile wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:01 pm.

Obviously they wouldn't share examples for privacy reasons, but I bet they get a lot of secure messages that aren't stellar examples of English composition either and that are either incomprehensible or trivial questions. Or, really phone-phobic customers will put some super urgent request in a secure message and then get irate when it hasn't been read by 9:05am the next day.
Well, thinking back to my exchanges of secure messages, the replies from Vanguard aren’t stellar examples of responsiveness or specificity.

I can recall submitting two detailed bug reports about the vanguard website, with requests for clarification about what I was seeing (eg Is the site showing shares or lots for the current market?).

The replies were generic, thanking me for my feedback and assuring me that Vanguard is continually improving the site.
sport

Post by sport »

nalor511 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:08 pm
Since they are maintaining the secure message system for a subset of customers, I used my logic bone. The message system is there already, and it costs only the time it takes for an employee to read and respond. A call is taking up the employee's time during the entire time you are on with them. Time is money. More time, more money. Fail.
I would suggest that the scope of economic decisions in running a very large company is beyond what you or I might think it is. Vanguard has executives to determine which methods are most cost effective. Since we don't know all that goes into such decisions, all we can do is speculate and we are probably going to arrive at incorrect conclusions.
Nate79

Post by Nate79 »

000 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:13 pm
Nate79 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:08 pm Lol. The Vanguard soap opera keeps getting funnier and funnier. Happily sitting where the grass is greener with a nice bag of popcorn.
Where's that?
We hold our Vanguard and other ETFs at Schwab.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

sport wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:30 pm
I would suggest that the scope of economic decisions in running a very large company is beyond what you or I might think it is. Vanguard has executives to determine which methods are most cost effective. Since we don't know all that goes into such decisions, all we can do is speculate and we are probably going to arrive at incorrect conclusions.
Have you ever worked with executives in a large organization. It is equally as likely that the executive(s) are misinformed and/or have drawn the incorrect conclusions from the information that has been provided to them.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

Nate79 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:32 pm
Where's that?
Why'd you pick Schwab?
nalor511

Post by nalor511 »

anon_investor wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:36 pm
Where's that?
Why'd you pick Schwab?
Really wanted my business. Easy to contact in writing online. Thousands in transfer bonus. No fees. In person branch should it ever be needed.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

nalor511 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:24 pm
anon_investor wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:36 pm
Where's that?
Why'd you pick Schwab?
Really wanted my business. Easy to contact in writing online. Thousands in transfer bonus. No fees. In person branch should it ever be needed.
I assume you have an assigned rep. Are they at your local branch? Have you used them for anything?
exodusNH

Post by exodusNH »

anon_investor wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:35 pm
sport wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:30 pm
Have you ever worked with executives in a large organization. It is equally as likely that the executive(s) are misinformed and/or have drawn the incorrect conclusions from the information that has been provided to them.
My information is ~13 years old, but back then, I contracted for a very large credit company that offered applications for a variety of different credit products both online and over the phone. I was told the online application (which I had written) cost about $2. Applications made over the phone cost $25.

While the costs may have changed, I think it is a fair assumption that it has only tilted more in favor of the online process.

My guess is that Vanguard is relying on the additional friction of phone calls to reduce their overall customer service costs, even if it raises the cost of each individual interaction.

Retail customers are a pain to deal with. Why not make it miserable for those less profitable clients to go elsewhere while they still keep the otherwise excellent products. They're still getting the ERs and have to provide none of the customer service.

It's what Blackrock has been doing successfully.
nalor511

Post by nalor511 »

anon_investor wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:28 pm
nalor511 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:24 pm

I assume you have an assigned rep. Are they at your local branch? Have you used them for anything?

Only for bonus matches and fee waivers
pokebowl

Post by pokebowl »

sport wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:55 pm Do you have info on Vanguard's costs to handle phone inquiries and secure messages? Please share that info with us. Thanks.
I don't have monetary figures, but I do know their own current and former employeesalso notice the CS issues.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

I merged msimon's thread into the ongoing discussion, which now has similar comments to this "monster" thread.

(Thanks to the member who reported the post and provided a link to this thread.)
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
jeffyscott

Post by jeffyscott »

msimon wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:27 pm Q: Has Vanguard made any formal announcement about discontinuing the secure message feature on your web site for US customers?

Except this didn't actually happen, at least not so far. We were notified of this on one account, all that has actually changed is the path or links to use to send secure message as indicated here:
viewtopic.php?p=6335324#p6335324

and here:
viewtopic.php?p=6198661#p6198661
sycamore

Post by sycamore »

Stinky wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:02 pm
msimon wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:27 pm For folks wondering what Vanguard's official policy on Secure Messages is and find it too difficult to go through the monster thread on this issue from late July, here is an exchange that I had with Vanguard via Facebook messenger:

So - Vanguard will communicate with anyone through Facebook Messenger, but requires $1 million to communicate via secure messenger?

Hmmmmmm.
No. Understand your sarcasm, but check out the last answer. I have far less than $1 million at Vanguard but I can communicate with Vanguard via secure messaging -- because I have a 529 with them.

This points out an interesting workaround: open up a Nevada/Vanguard 529 account for $3000 and you'll get access secure messaging!
zaplunken

Post by zaplunken »

msimon wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:27 pm [Thread merged into here --admin LadyGeek]

For folks wondering what Vanguard's official policy on Secure Messages is and find it too difficult to go through the monster thread on this issue from late July, here is an exchange that I had with Vanguard via Facebook messenger:

I don't recall receiving any messages about this. I don't know if I ever had it and I don't know if I do now. I don't see anything about secure messages and I'm Flagship.
zaplunken

Post by zaplunken »

Makefile wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:01 pm
I wonder if the issue is that (assuming the call center just says "call us back later" when they are closed), when they are overwhelmed, phone calls are inherently throttled to whomever can get through that day, while secure messages pile up not only during the day but during nights and weekends too.

Yesterday I needed some info about things I never did before, move money to a different mutual fund in a taxable account and RMD questions. This was one of the infrequent times I have called them. Due to me forgetting a question, I needed to call back about the "exchange in the taxable account". So 2 calls about that and 1 call for RMD. This was around 10:45 to 11:15 am EST yesterday 11/26. The longest wait time for all 3 calls was about 3 minutes, the other 2 wait times were about 45 to 90 seconds, I was shocked how fast a rep was on the line each time. All calls were well handled and more importantly to me I could ask additional questions vs having to constantly be messaging back and forth over days as one thing lead to another. As I have said before, I don't understand why so many (?) have issues with calling, wait times, issues with the discussions on the phone. I was PO'ed how long it took to upgrade me to Flagship but other than that I have never had problems with Vanguard and I've been there since the late 90's. I understand this hasn't been the experience for some but for me Vanguard seems to be a good place to hold investments.
Eagle33

Post by Eagle33 »

zaplunken wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:31 am
msimon wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:27 pm [Thread merged into here --admin LadyGeek]

I don't recall receiving any messages about this. I don't know if I ever had it and I don't know if I do now. I don't see anything about secure messages and I'm Flagship.
Thankfully Vanguard did not send us a message since we are in the unaffected group and still have secure messages. Otherwise, it would be a junk message since it did not apply to us.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

zaplunken wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:47 am
Makefile wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:01 pm

Yesterday I needed some info about things I never did before, move money to a different mutual fund in a taxable account and RMD questions. This was one of the infrequent times I have called them. Due to me forgetting a question, I needed to call back about the "exchange in the taxable account". So 2 calls about that and 1 call for RMD. This was around 10:45 to 11:15 am EST yesterday 11/26. The longest wait time for all 3 calls was about 3 minutes, the other 2 wait times were about 45 to 90 seconds, I was shocked how fast a rep was on the line each time. All calls were well handled and more importantly to me I could ask additional questions vs having to constantly be messaging back and forth over days as one thing lead to another. As I have said before, I don't understand why so many (?) have issues with calling, wait times, issues with the discussions on the phone. I was PO'ed how long it took to upgrade me to Flagship but other than that I have never had problems with Vanguard and I've been there since the late 90's. I understand this hasn't been the experience for some but for me Vanguard seems to be a good place to hold investments.
What number did you call? My last few calls have only been to convert MF to ETF and the hold time has always been at least 15 minutes in the morning.
zaplunken

Post by zaplunken »

What number did you call? My last few calls have only been to convert MF to ETF and the hold time has always been at least 15 minutes in the morning.

anon_investor 1-800-992-8327 it is the Vanguard Brokerage number.
gubernaculum

Post by gubernaculum »

jeffyscott wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:53 pm Those who believe that they have lost messaging, take a look at the list of links on the left side of the screen on the message center page. The last one is "upload documents", if you click on that you can send a secure message (with or without attaching a document).

Yea. I got a response in 3 months
gubernaculum

Post by gubernaculum »

Eagle33 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:37 pm

Thankfully Vanguard did not send us a message since we are in the unaffected group and still have secure messages. Otherwise, it would be a junk message since it did not apply to us.

Unaffected groups.....this is a total discrimination in services. Have they forgotten that we live in the times of equality??
zaplunken

Post by zaplunken »

gubernaculum wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:48 am
jeffyscott wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:53 pm Those who believe that they have lost messaging, take a look at the list of links on the left side of the screen on the message center page. The last one is "upload documents", if you click on that you can send a secure message (with or without attaching a document).

Yea. I got a response in 3 months
Thanks for showing that. I don't see "Message Center" but I do see "Messages", maybe that is why I don't see Upload Documents. Guess I don't have secure messaging.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

zaplunken wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:25 am What number did you call? My last few calls have only been to convert MF to ETF and the hold time has always been at least 15 minutes in the morning.

anon_investor 1-800-992-8327 it is the Vanguard Brokerage number.
Stupid me for calling the Flagship number. You'd think Flagship clients would get shorter hold times...
jeffyscott

Post by jeffyscott »

zaplunken wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:01 amThanks for showing that. I don't see "Message Center" but I do see "Messages", maybe that is why I don't see Upload Documents. Guess I don't have secure messaging.
If you click on "messages" under the "my accounts" menu it should go to the message center. Then the message center either has a big "Compose" button or the "upload documents" link. Those who were told they were going to lose secure messaging have lost that big compose button and instead have the upload documents link. At least that is what happened in our household, where one person "lost" secure messaging and the other did not.

I do see a difference though, for the log on with the compose button it says: Send a message to your Voyager Service team, when that button is clicked.

For the one with "upload documents", it says:
We are experiencing high volumes
A response may take up to 7-10 days.
We encourage you to take advantage of Vanguard Support Center, where you can find answers to most questions online.

So, it seems that they are just going to intentionally provide crappier service to some of their "client/owners".
zaplunken

Post by zaplunken »

jeffyscott wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:26 am
zaplunken wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:01 amThanks for showing that. I don't see "Message Center" but I do see "Messages", maybe that is why I don't see Upload Documents. Guess I don't have secure messaging.
If you click on "messages" under the "my accounts" menu it should go to the message center. Then the message center either has a big "Compose" button or the "upload documents" link. Those who were told they were going to lose secure messaging have lost that big compose button and instead have the upload documents link. At least that is what happened in our household, where one person "lost" secure messaging and the other did not.

I do see a difference though, for the log on with the compose button it says: Send a message to your Voyager Service team, when that button is clicked.

We encourage you to take advantage of Vanguard Support Center, where you can find answers to most questions online.

So, it seems that they are just going to intentionally provide crappier service to some of their "client/owners".
I copied the result of clicking on My Accounts and then clicking on Messages but it won't paste it into the post. I'm logged on right now. I have the Compose button, nothing about uploading anything. I see under Compose I have INBOX and under that Send email. Under that is Folders under that Statements and Confirmations and under that is Deleted and Expired Messages. That's all there is on the left side of the window.

ETA - I clicked on Compose and I see where I can add an attachment. So does this mean I have Secure Messaging? Just curious, I am not sure I need to use it, never have up to now anyway.
Last edited by zaplunken on Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eagle33

Post by Eagle33 »

gubernaculum wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:50 am
Eagle33 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:37 pm Thankfully Vanguard did not send us a message since we are in the unaffected group and still have secure messages. Otherwise, it would be a junk message since it did not apply to us.

Unaffected groups.....this is a total discrimination in services. Have they forgotten that we live in the times of equality??
I'm still on the mutual fund platform and they keep sending me warning messages/banners about losing functionalities in the future. Do you receive these threats, assuming we are all equal?
Broken Man 1999

Post by Broken Man 1999 »

gubernaculum wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:50 am
Eagle33 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:37 pm

We are all equal. However, some are more equal than others.
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven then I shall not go." - Mark Twain
stan1

Post by stan1 »

As a Flagship client when I go to Message Center there is a prominent Compose button.
When I click on the button the banner on the next page reads "Send a message to your Flagship representative"

I do not have a named Flagship representative, so perhaps there is a group of customer support reps who reply to secure messages from Flagship designated clients. Or its just words to make me feel special and there really isn't any difference.

From the send message page I can write a message and can attach a file.
jeffyscott

Post by jeffyscott »

zaplunken wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:48 pm
jeffyscott wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:26 am

I copied the result of clicking on My Accounts and then clicking on Messages but it won't paste it into the post. I'm logged on right now. I have the Compose button, nothing about uploading anything. I see under Compose I have INBOX and under that Send email. Under that is Folders under that Statements and Confirmations and under that is Deleted and Expired Messages. That's all there is on the left side of the window.

ETA - I clicked on Compose and I see where I can add an attachment. So does this mean I have Secure Messaging? Just curious, I am not sure I need to use it, never have up to now anyway.
Yes, that's the secure messaging.
zaplunken

Post by zaplunken »

jeffyscott wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:08 pm

Thank you Sir!

Too bad I have it and don't need or use it and someone that wants and needs it doesn't have it. :oops:
nalor511

Post by nalor511 »

zaplunken wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:20 pm
jeffyscott wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:08 pm

Thank you Sir!

Too bad I have it and don't need or use it and someone that wants and needs it doesn't have it. :oops:
Indeed. What a system.
Broken Man 1999

Post by Broken Man 1999 »

stan1 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:58 pm As a Flagship client when I go to Message Center there is a prominent Compose button.
When I click on the button the banner on the next page reads "Send a message to your Flagship representative"

I do not have a named Flagship representative, so perhaps there is a group of customer support reps who reply to secure messages from Flagship designated clients. Or its just words to make me feel special and there really isn't any difference.

From the send message page I can write a message and can attach a file.
I think you are correct. In the very rare occasions I have used secure messaging, I received answers from the same rep.
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven then I shall not go." - Mark Twain