Vanguard Portfolio Watch has a new look [Calculations may be incorrect]

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
livesoft

Vanguard Portfolio Watch has a new look [Calculations may be incorrect]

Post by livesoft »

[Posts later in this thread are reporting errors in the results --admin LadyGeek]

Vanguard Portfolio Watch has a new look. It seems to be mostly bigger thinner fonts and more white space, so more scrolling and more clicking. Information does not appear to be different.

Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.
dkturner

Re: Vanguard Portfolio Watch has a new look

Post by dkturner »

Nice format. Bogus data, but it’s presented in an elegant format.
67Bosox

Post by 67Bosox »

my Portfolio watch page doesn't show the "difference from target" any longer. just the actual, current mix. Is there some new setting to select to obtain the "difference from target" visual and info?
thanks
67Bosox

Post by 67Bosox »

sorry. asked too soon. select "see details" and the "difference from target" pops up.
nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius »

Be still, my heart.

But where are the rewards? I want fireworks! I want confetti! Just delaying the graphic arc a split second so that they can be animated rather than static is not entertaining enough. I want a trumpet fanfare if my account balance is up and a trombone womp-womp if it's down!

In the early days of GUIs, I kept having to explain to roll-and-scroll 80-column UI users that the animations were not glitz or meaningless decoration, but were all functional. But nowadays we are seeing absolutely pure, no doubt about it, animation for the sheer sake of animation. Intentionally delaying in displays to allow time for non-information-bearing animation. We need a new Edward Tufte book--correction, video--on "the animated display of quantitative information."

Well, I hope the people who keep dissing Vanguard's website because it has an old-fashioned look are happy, anyway.

I got a new smartphone last year and I am half-seriously thinking I should keep the old one in my desk, with no cellular connection, to use only over WiFi and only a home, with the increasing number of companies who are marginalizing desktop users and providing no service or degraded service for desktop users.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

dkturner wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:22 am Nice format. Bogus data, but it’s presented in an elegant format.
Actually, it looks like they have finally addressed prior issues! Blended funds (Vanguard or others) are now appropriately allocated to the Morningstar (9 box) Styles on a proportional basis, and the breakdown now correlates fairly well with the same analysis at Personal Capital.

However, Personal Capital still offers a much more elegant format than Vanguard's PW tool. I hope this new look is just the first step, and further refinements will be forthcoming.
Retired 2018 | currently ~64/33/3 (partially sliced and diced, with a slowly rising equity glide path)
yarnandthread

Post by yarnandthread »

Yes, the breakdowns are more specific and detailed now than before with regards to cap. weights and sector percentages. That is good.

The bad: what I do not like is the lack of precision in regards to the asset allocation....whole numbers only?? I liked the old way of having a decimal point and the number to the nearest tenth. That was useful to me. I hope they can bring that back!
bondsr4me

Post by bondsr4me »

nisiprius wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:05 am
I got a new smartphone last year and I am half-seriously thinking I should keep the old one in my desk, with no cellular connection, to use only over WiFi and only a home, with the increasing number of companies who are marginalizing desktop users and providing no service or degraded service for desktop users.
I do this now. Last summer I got an iPhoneSE to replace my iPhone 6Plus.
I still keep my iPhone 6Plus charged and sometimes use it on my home wifi....at least I'm getting use out of it.
Better than just trashing it.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

For me, the tool is broken. I have POA (agent authorization) for my Mom's investments. The drop-down menu shows the separate accounts (good), but my Mom's account shows all zeros for her investments (broken).

Additionally, the portfolio alerts (under the Portoflio overview section) never clear. Every time I change the drop-down account (Select an account group), the alerts return.

I'm disappointed that basic functionality is broken. They should spend more time on Quality Assurance.

The asset allocation appears in My accounts --> Overview --> Asset mix tab to the nearest 0.1% for both my and my Mom's investments.

The wiki article Vanguard Portfolio Watch should be updated.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
NestEggLove

Post by NestEggLove »

My numbers were off —- 7% more bonds than yesterday !? But beforehand I had to input my Vanguard 403b (non-profit) again in “outside investments” since their “403b”s are technically held at Newport Group, and it otherwise wouldn’t be included.

So I just deleted the 403b as an outside investment and now the stock/bond ratio is more what I expected.
Sound right ? Anyone else have this experience ? (Before I get into a long on-hold with Vanguard) :shock:
Last edited by NestEggLove on Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
NestEggLove

Post by NestEggLove »

yarnandthread wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:40 am Yes, the breakdowns are more specific and detailed now than before with regards to cap. weights and sector percentages. That is good.

The bad: what I do not like is the lack of precision in regards to the asset allocation....whole numbers only?? I liked the old way of having a decimal point and the number to the nearest tenth. That was useful to me. I hope they can bring that back!
+1 —-agree on “the bad “
Topic Author
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

NestEggLove wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:24 am+1 —-agree on “the bad “
I have to laugh because if it was important, then I think you would have done:

+1.0 -- agree ....
NestEggLove

Post by NestEggLove »

livesoft wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:01 am
NestEggLove wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:24 am+1 —-agree on “the bad “
I have to laugh because if it was important, then I think you would have done:

+1.0 -- agree ....
Ha, yes indeed !
peppers

Post by peppers »

Needs a little background music.....

Ride of the Valkyries would be nice.
"..the cavalry ain't comin' kid, you're on your own..."
goingup

Post by goingup »

There are improvements-
Wellington now shows international component
Domestic bond funds show international bond component
REIT breakdown shows mid and small, not just small

The bad-
I find it harder to read, less compact. Lots of white space.
dkturner

Post by dkturner »

sleepysurf wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:17 am
dkturner wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:22 am Nice format. Bogus data, but it’s presented in an elegant format.
Actually, it looks like they have finally addressed prior issues! Blended funds (Vanguard or others) are now appropriately allocated to the Morningstar (9 box) Styles on a proportional basis, and the breakdown now correlates fairly well with the same analysis at Personal Capital.

However, Personal Capital still offers a much more elegant format than Vanguard's PW tool. I hope this new look is just the first step, and further refinements will be forthcoming.
Portfolio Watch shows our IRAs having 76% U.S. bonds and 24% international bonds. The only fixed income holding is VFIDX. It has less than 5% foreign holdings. We’ve all heard the expression garbage in, garbage out. This new format is good data in garbage out. Either the new Portfolio Watch data is bogus or the data presented for the individual funds on the Vanguard website has been bogus for years. The only other possibility I can think of to explain the disparity is U.S. Dollar denominated bonds of foreign companies are listed as U.S. bonds on individual fund pages but as “international bonds” on the new Portfolio Watch. If so, why?
ruud

Post by ruud »

I also noticed the "Trade ETF/Stocks" page has a new layout, as of today, with similar styling changes.
grabiner
Advisory Board

Post by grabiner »

goingup wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:47 am There are improvements-
Wellington now shows international component
Domestic bond funds show international bond component
REIT breakdown shows mid and small, not just small
This is a big improvement. Vanguard funds are now allocated according to their proper style percentages, rather than their stated class. Total Stock Market is 45% value, 10% blend, 45% growth, which doesn't make a difference, but other funds have a mixture of value and growth as well.

But there are still problems. I get an alert recommending adding foreign bonds, which might make sense except that I don't have any bonds at Vanguard at all; a 100%-stock portfolio has no need to add foreign bonds. (I hold my bonds in my employer plan.)

And I no longer have an alert for my very strong value bias, which is the most meaningful alert. It is deliberate (and Vanguard might guess that since I hold VFVA, Vanguard Factor Value ETF).
The bad-
And it's harder to get a big picture of an entire portfolio section at once; you have to click several times to get the same information.
Wiki David Grabiner
A440

Post by A440 »

I'm not a fan of the new look. I miss the bar graphs.
I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future.
DWesterb2iz2

Post by DWesterb2iz2 »

I would like (and my elderly mom would like for her own account) a line on the home page that calculates the daily change in the whole account in dollars and percentage. Other big firms do this.

They revamped the page but didn’t add that. Is it that VG feels that discourages long term thinking? Make it a toggle for those that want it, maybe.
SchruteB&B

Post by SchruteB&B »

I want a trumpet fanfare if my account balance is up and a trombone womp-womp if it's down!
This would be amazing. :-D
Broken Man 1999

Post by Broken Man 1999 »

LadyGeek wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:10 am For me, the tool is broken. I have POA (agent authorization) for my Mom's investments. The drop-down menu shows the separate accounts (good), but my Mom's account shows all zeros for her investments (broken).

Additionally, the portfolio alerts (under the Portoflio overview section) never clear. Every time I change the drop-down account (Select an account group), the alerts return.

I'm disappointed that basic functionality is broken. They should spend more time on Quality Assurance.

The asset allocation appears in My accounts --> Overview --> Asset mix tab to the nearest 0.1% for both my and my Mom's investments.

The wiki article Vanguard Portfolio Watch should be updated.
One of the accounts I manage via agent shows correctly, my wife's. Another I manage has all zeros, my BIL's. I manage other accounts, but they are all smaller, and investing in only one asset, so I haven't loaded them in Portfolio Watch.

So, a little of this, a little of that.

Broken Man 1999
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven then I shall not go." - Mark Twain
Topic Author
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

SchruteB&B wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:41 am
I want a trumpet fanfare if my account balance is up and a trombone womp-womp if it's down!
This would be amazing. :-D
Maybe autoload and play a sound snippet for the two daily threads: "U.S. stocks continue to soar" and "U.S. stocks in free fall" whenever one clicks on them?
Superleaf444

Post by Superleaf444 »

*deleted
Last edited by Superleaf444 on Sat May 08, 2021 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
theorist

Post by theorist »

It seems to mischaracterize some individual stocks. It calls Barrick Gold domestic (its Canadian), and HDFC Bank Pacific (its Indian — EM). Wonder why?
Topic Author
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

theorist wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:53 am It seems to mischaracterize some individual stocks. It calls Barrick Gold domestic (its Canadian), and HDFC Bank Pacific (its Indian — EM). Wonder why?
I don't know, but how do other such tools (M* X-ray, Fidelity GPS) characterize these same stocks?
BoutBenjamins

New Portfolio Watch Tool

Post by BoutBenjamins »

[Post merged into here --admin LadyGeek]

Logged on to VG today and found they've rolled out their new version of the Portfolio Watch Tool. Having spent time using it I can definitely say it's "Underwhelming"..... Don't like it.

IMO this new version is a long way from improved and is NOT user friendly. Of course it has a new look but it's visually spread out instead of concise, you have to drill down endlessly and if you have multiple accounts, you have to scroll endlessly to view fund information. But the biggest MISS is you no longer can download data from the PW tool, the only option is to print it. How could the designers not include an option to download data? For people like myself who manage their own money, it's critical to be able to download data and get it into a useable format like excel. But therein lies the real issue, management doesn't want me to manage my own money, the want me to pay an advisor.

To top things off, when I called to schedule an appointment to discuss all this with my "advisor" his calendar shows he's out for the next two weeks. Called to see if there was someone else I could speak with and got nowhere.

Been with VG a long time but they've become so large they've lost their customer focus. Very frustrating
theorist

Post by theorist »

livesoft wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:55 am
theorist wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:53 am It seems to mischaracterize some individual stocks. It calls Barrick Gold domestic (its Canadian), and HDFC Bank Pacific (its Indian — EM). Wonder why?
I don't know, but how do other such tools (M* X-ray, Fidelity GPS) characterize these same stocks?
Morningstar X-Ray gets ‘em right — HDFC Bank as EM - Asia, and Barrick as Foreign - North America.
Topic Author
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

theorist wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:02 am
livesoft wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:55 am
Morningstar X-Ray gets ‘em right — HDFC Bank as EM - Asia, and Barrick as Foreign - North America.
Very interesting. It seems Vanguard does not want to pay M* license fees for data and probably has a cheaper or internal data source. I will assume this applies to all the ticker symbols that Portfolio Watch recognizes,. Thank you.
ruud

Post by ruud »

The new Portfolio Watch is warning me the industry sectors on our portfolio are out of whack because the Vanguard Institutional Index Trust in my Vanguard-managed 401k can't be categorized :oops:
cas

Post by cas »

dkturner wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:25 pm Portfolio Watch shows our IRAs having 76% U.S. bonds and 24% international bonds. The only fixed income holding is VFIDX. It has less than 5% foreign holdings. [ . . . ]The only other possibility I can think of to explain the disparity is U.S. Dollar denominated bonds of foreign companies are listed as U.S. bonds on individual fund pages but as “international bonds” on the new Portfolio Watch. If so, why?
The bond domestic/international breakdown is confusing me, too.

Portfolio Watch is showing 11% international bonds in an account that holds only Vanguard Total Bond Market Fund (index: Bloomberg Barclays ***U.S.*** Aggregate Float Adjusted Index).

The prospectus tells me that the benchmark index for Total Bond does include US dollar denominated foreign bonds, but I wasn't able to tickle google into telling me what percentage of that index might consist of those bonds. Morningstar doesn't appear to include US/international breakdown for bonds. Neither does the annual report for the fund or the pages for the fund at vanguard.com. I'm not very familiar with Portfolio Visualizer, but I'm not seeing that it would tell me that sort of information either.

I don't have any sense of whether 11% would be a reasonable number for the percentage of US dollar denominated foreign bonds in the total US bond market, so I have no idea whether Portfolio Watch is showing me garbage or just telling me that US dollar denominated foreign bonds are a bigger portion of the total US bond market than I realized.

Even if US dollar denominated foreign bonds *are* 11% of the US bond market - and it turns out that that is what Portfolio Watch is showing as "international" - I have even less of an idea of whether those *should* be showing up as "international" in a portfolio analysis tool.

As far as I have found, there is no "Holdings Detail" radio button that might shed more light on the details Portfolio Watch used to break out bonds into US/International.
CrossOverGuy

Looks like Vanguard changed its Portfolio Watch function

Post by CrossOverGuy »

[Merged into existing discussion - moderator oldcomputerguy]

What's your take on the effectivesness or usefulness of this? I've found it to be pretty good in terms of overall keeping me on track for my asset allocation, but some of its breakdowns are questionable. It used to be give me a blue dot for something meaning "caution" or yellow for more exteme caution for things being too much away from a sector's portion of the market-- for example, if I overweight real estate or small-caps indexes. It would also give me a blue dot for not having 20% of my bonds in international ones for example (though this particular caution seems to have gone away in the Portfolio Watch's newest iteration). Frankly, I'm not sure if I wanted to have 20% of my bonds abroad. It now breaks down more of my stocks between Value and Growth (which are mostly in total stock and had previously been assigned as blend), but now gives a portion like 10% in blend (but gives no reason why these stocks are now considered blend). It's a little frustrating these changes. Plus some funds from other companies are sometimes put in wrong categories or miscellaneous. How do you find it helpful to use this feature?
bengal22

Post by bengal22 »

Finally my Fidelity holdings are correctly categorized. Before portfolio watch would just count them as "other" which made the tool meaningless. So it's an improvement. It's a good tool for rebalancing.
"Earn All You Can; Give All You Can; Save All You Can." .... John Wesley
pinchalik

Re: New Portfolio Watch Tool

Post by pinchalik »

BoutBenjamins wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:59 am [Post merged into here --admin LadyGeek]

Logged on to VG today and found they've rolled out their new version of the Portfolio Watch Tool. Having spent time using it I can definitely say it's "Underwhelming"..... Don't like it.

IMO this new version is a long way from improved and is NOT user friendly. Of course it has a new look but it's visually spread out instead of concise, you have to drill down endlessly and if you have multiple accounts, you have to scroll endlessly to view fund information. But the biggest MISS is you no longer can download data from the PW tool, the only option is to print it. How could the designers not include an option to download data? For people like myself who manage their own money, it's critical to be able to download data and get it into a useable format like excel. But therein lies the real issue, management doesn't want me to manage my own money, the want me to pay an advisor.

To top things off, when I called to schedule an appointment to discuss all this with my "advisor" his calendar shows he's out for the next two weeks. Called to see if there was someone else I could speak with and got nowhere.

Been with VG a long time but they've become so large they've lost their customer focus. Very frustrating
I agree wholeheartedly. I could've written this myself! Removing the ability to download data to excel/CSV is a huge step backwards. What were they thinking? Like you, I manage my own money, and I *need* that download capability. I sent a secure message to my advisor and received a response within the hour. She's going to forward it on to the appropriate team and also let me know if there is some way to download data that I'm not seeing. I'm hoping that a *lot* of people are going to complain!
bbrown

Vanguard new portfolio watch tool

Post by bbrown »

[Thread merged into here --admin LadyGeek]

Has anybody used the new Vanguard portfolio watch tools? It was upgraded recently. The new tool is producing very different results compared to the old tool. Investment style & market capitalization in particular. Just curious
Bbrown
tibbitts

Re: Vanguard new portfolio watch tool

Post by tibbitts »

bbrown wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:59 pm Has anybody used the new Vanguard portfolio watch tools? It was upgraded recently. The new tool is producing very different results compared to the old tool. Investment style & market capitalization in particular. Just curious
My recollection is that in the distant past (maybe it was pre-Yodlee?) it was possible to declare the type of an outside investment, and that was taken into account in Portfolio Watch. Now with a third of my investments categorized as "other", I can't get any useful information from the tool. Is there a way to define the type of an outside investment now?
backpacker61

Post by backpacker61 »

tibbitts wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:10 pm My recollection is that in the distant past (maybe it was pre-Yodlee?) it was possible to declare the type of an outside investment, and that was taken into account in Portfolio Watch. Now with a third of my investments categorized as "other", I can't get any useful information from the tool. Is there a way to define the type of an outside investment now?
I have the same problem.

I have 100% equity index-tracking CIT's in my employer 401K plan, know their expense ratios, but given that they don't have ticker symbols, they can't be comprehended in Portfolio Watch.

In theory, I could enter in a fake number of comparable ETF's with the ticker symbols for those (to reach the equal value of the CIT's), but I'd rather just be able to manually describe the characteristics of the CIT investments with a $ amount, the indices they track, and the expense ratio.
Last edited by backpacker61 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Now shall I walk or shall I ride? | 'Ride,' Pleasure said; | 'Walk,' Joy replied.” | | ― W.H. Davies
babapanda

Portfolio Watch change on Vanguard website

Post by babapanda »

[Thread merged into here --admin LadyGeek]

Did anyone notice the new portfolio watch screen on your Vanguard account website? It seems the analysis no longer includes my outside investments to give an accurate portrayal of my portfolio like before the change. My outside investments include my spouse's IRAs with Vanguard and HSA and other holdings which Vanguard doesn't offer. If I'm mistaken about the change, can somebody on the forum explain how to access the old Portfolio Watch screen?
Silk McCue

Re: Portfolio Watch change on Vanguard website

Post by Silk McCue »

I just double checked mine. The outside investments I track do show up, I just have to drill down to see them.

Cheers
Thesaints

Post by Thesaints »

Same problem here. 30% of my portfolio classified as "other" even though those holdings are listed as "domestic small caps", "emerging markets", "domestic large cap blend", "foreign" in their details page.
It worked well before. Now to change the graphics, while not adding any new functionality, they made the tool unusable. Way to go Vanguard !
babapanda

Post by babapanda »

My stock analysis doesn't include my outside investments. Did you get that info when you drilled down?
Silk McCue

Post by Silk McCue »

Yes. When i click on Holdings by Asset Type they are all displayed with each being a percentage of the portfolio.

Cheers
L82GAME

Post by L82GAME »

Silk McCue wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:40 pm I just double checked mine. The outside investments I track do show up, I just have to drill down to see them.

Cheers
+1, confirmed
"Simplify, simplify, simplify! I say, let your affairs be as two or three, and not a hundred or a thousand…” - Thoreau
Thesaints

Post by Thesaints »

bengal22 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:14 pm Finally my Fidelity holdings are correctly categorized. Before portfolio watch would just count them as "other" which made the tool meaningless. So it's an improvement. It's a good tool for rebalancing.
My external holdings (no ticker) still listed as "other", although their classification is properly entered in their details page and everything worked well with the old graphics.
They really did this in a half-assed way.

I also wrote them that it has been more than a year since the message "We’re experiencing high volumes" has become a stable feature and when are they planning to do something about it ?
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

I merged bbrown's and babapanda's thread into the ongoing discussion. The combined thread is in the Investing - Theory, News & General forum (general discussion).
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
averagedude

Post by averagedude »

It is an improvement in the methodology, but I am not pleased with the layout and the precisement of the analyzed data.
asset_chaos

Post by asset_chaos »

Education accounts don't load properly. If I check under view/modify account grouping, the education portfolio correctly includes both 529 and Coverdell accounts. But go to the individual analysis pages and click holding details, and I find only the coverdells show up. The 529s don't appear to be roped into the analysis of the education account grouping, even though they're on the grouping list.

On our retirement account grouping I get a warning that our sector weightings are markedly different from the markets. But our core stock holding is total world, and the comparison market is defined as the US stock market. The warning seems misplaced: it's really warning me that the US market has different sector weights than the global market.

Oh well, an improvement but still not terrific.
Regards, | | Guy
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Strange -- 21% of my portfolio is marked 'Uncategorized', even tho they are all Vanguard Mutual funds held in Vanguard brokerage accounts (IRA's).
HanSolo

Post by HanSolo »

(deleted)
Last edited by HanSolo on Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strategic Macro Senior (top 1%, 2019 Bogleheads Contest)
HanSolo

Post by HanSolo »

livesoft wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:46 am Vanguard Portfolio Watch has a new look. It seems to be mostly bigger thinner fonts and more white space, so more scrolling and more clicking. Information does not appear to be different.
yarnandthread wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:40 am The bad: what I do not like is the lack of precision in regards to the asset allocation....whole numbers only??
goingup wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:47 am The bad-
BoutBenjamins wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:59 am IMO this new version is a long way from improved and is NOT user friendly.
(snip)
The above was explained quite nicely in another thread:
lostdog wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:03 am I could be way off here but I think the dumbing down of the site and the large fonts are meant for the new generation. There is a short attention span issue with the new generation. They need to keep things simple and keep them engaged or they'll lose them quickly if there is too much focus involved.
Regarding the following...
Thesaints wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:45 pm It worked well before. Now to change the graphics, while not adding any new functionality, they made the tool unusable. Way to go Vanguard !
LadyGeek wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:10 am For me, the tool is broken. I have POA (agent authorization) for my Mom's investments. The drop-down menu shows the separate accounts (good), but my Mom's account shows all zeros for her investments (broken).

NestEggLove wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:23 am My numbers were off —- 7% more bonds than yesterday !?
My numbers are off too (VCMDX used to be "Other", now it's "Stock").

Perhaps the above is explained by the following (from the other thread):
beyou wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:38 am I work in the fund industry (in IT) and I just read an industry newsletter indicating that Vanguard is spending $1Billion on tech this year, including the new phone app, new 401k site, and I assume the site most of us use.
In other words, Vanguard's IT staff is "doing more with less" (i.e., doing more spending with less intelligence). I guess that's what they teach in MBA schools now, in the IT management classes (and if any of you teach in those schools, please chime in).

I used to work as a programmer in organizations with a much smaller budget than that. We would've been embarrassed to release a product with such low quality. And so we didn't. Apparently, embarrassment is now regarded as an outdated, irrational emotion.
pinchalik wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:23 pm I'm hoping that a *lot* of people are going to complain!
As noted in the other thread, I voiced my displeasure with the support team. Looks like my input has no effect.

Welcome to the future. Enjoy your stay.
Strategic Macro Senior (top 1%, 2019 Bogleheads Contest)